What chess set is this? Its basically a big one like a table with it on it that you can play with a friend with

What chess set is this? Its basically a big one like a table with it on it that you can play with a friend with

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Staunton_chess_set#Knight_variations
upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/thumb/a/a6/KnightFrench.jpg/347px-KnightFrench.jpg
upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/thumb/1/11/KnightProf.jpg/285px-KnightProf.jpg
chesshouse.com/4in_Burnt_Pyrography_Chess_Pieces_p/js-0004.htm
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

another

better

They're a Staunton set of some variety.

I don't think they're Dubrovnik chessmen - the bases are steeper and the heads of the bishops are fatter than Dubrovnik chessmen.

anotherr

What's the date of the film?

The best pic i can get I think
It's an old chess set in a mansion of some sort

I just love how the table is with that thing, so cool imo. Just would love to find out what it is

Are you looking to buy that chess set from somewhere?

The colour scheme sort of reminds of historic Austrian chessmen, but the style is definitely Staunton.

Red-and-yellow chess boards don't seem to be common. it was probably designed to look medieval.

Which is more satisfying to play with - stone pieces and board, or wood pieces and board?

Could the colors be darker on the screen for lighting purposes? And yeah I bet it was designed for something like that as it is in a house of a mobster italian family but I think it is so cool.
Yes I am looking to purchase it, or atleast find out the price of it. I have no idea how much it would be but I could definitely see myself playing that game with a friend or even myself to strengthen my mind.

I actually did find a better one. Here you go guys

Do you notice how all the bases of the pieces are triple-collared?

I looked at the knight in the first picture and I think it's a French knight.

You think so?

I'm not sure.

The knight is looking straight ahead / slightly upwards so it could be a French Knight, but now I think it might be a Prof Knight.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Staunton_chess_set#Knight_variations

upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/thumb/a/a6/KnightFrench.jpg/347px-KnightFrench.jpg

upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/thumb/1/11/KnightProf.jpg/285px-KnightProf.jpg

so it basically looks more like the first one?

here is another angle sort of

far away but 100% full view

New piece of information found, they have a green underneath. Thoughts?

Doesnt look like prof

im thinking

still looking

hmm

Bone pieces, wooden board.

this

Oh shit guys! is this it?

chesshouse.com/4in_Burnt_Pyrography_Chess_Pieces_p/js-0004.htm

someone let me know what they think, bbl