Warhammer 40k General

New General Picture edition

>Rules databases
mega.co.nz/#F!pFgm0RKR!J06C1gVYcjzNGsF8YNLsjQ
kat.cr/warhammer-40k-pdf-library-t9575373.html

>FAQs
games-workshop.com/en-GB/Rules-Errata

>40k 7th edition quick reference sheet(s)
dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/4104995/Games/7edRef_V7.pdf

>Forgeworld Book index
dakkadakka.com/wiki/en/Forge_World_and_Apocalypse_Rules_Index

>White Dwarves
mediafire.com/folder/tx4hcy4u487pv/WD

>Novels (Working link as of 02/02/2016)
mega.nz/#F!wx4BiKhD!YhnAf1BqSmAB8dO6xDM56Q

The Eldar and our Laughing god take claim to this thread.

First for badass scions

3rd or 4th for best letter of the alphabet

>SHOO SHOO SPOOKY D GHOST

Careful user, or will report you.

That model of the Commisaar, whenever painted, looked like it was his hand. I dunno what the brownish bit on the blade itself is called, but it always looked his hands on the model.

remove the chicken from the center picture.

Mods ban these kind of posts now, by the way. So I'd be careful, all it needs is one faggot to report you for it.

>never an edit of Eldrad doing a Dio

Also I want an Edit of this picture for ever faction... I wish I had talent.

>chikin poster still uses the wrong image

We all decided on an Uberimage for a reason damnit.

>SHOO SHOO SPOOKY D GHOST

The problem is, lots of people save the image directly from the thread that posted it. They then don't edit the image, so it often pops up as duplicate. This means people use alt pictures to get the thread going.

If people understood this, we wouldn't get into arguments.

This picture is shit. Bottom right is the best one, why did you guys get so autistic about it anyway?

This picture is the new gold standard. Good job user.

trip dubs confirm

But it is directly from the last thread . I know what you mean but chances are if the same person remakes each general then there is a problem there already, only less so if they kept the meme image the same.

I completely agree with you, it is the most recent and therefore the correct one to use but I just want one that will end this retarded bullshit.

I will not be commenting further on the OP image this thread.

I miss understood what you meant by directly as now I think you meant the OP image from the last thread being reused which makes a lot more sense.

>I will not be commenting further on the OP image this thread.

I am a filthy liar.

Someone didn't notice the changes, and used an old image, this continued for a few generals. sometimes people used even older images, without sprueface and chicken. Eventually, the general went several threads in a row without it.

When it was pointed out to them that they'd been missing that part, they still overlooked the genestealer addition and said, "Fuck your chicken and Tau face," not even noticing the part that was being pointed out.

>last thread
>autistic guy gets pissed off he got told he can't spell "you're"
>10 post argument

>this thread
>usual general 'claim' posts
>talks about OP image
>nobody has actually asked about 40k

God damnit. Well maybe this guy Either way. Question time.

Crusader or Redeemer?

Hard Mode: Inquisition Codex both with their relevant +1S upgrades.

>>Everyone talking about OP image
>even bringing up the autistic arguments from a previous thread.

You're all terrible.

this.

Gorethunder battery is better than the analogous vindicator squadron. Discuss

One of the best images from Mont'ka

Fucking This! bringing up shit from last thread was probably one of the shitposters.

Gorethunder is better. What's there to discuss?

>Suits don't have HoW

I just wanted my question answered about the Land Raiders... Why didn't you just answer the question....

>Discuss
That is both obscure and irrelevant as one is forged by disgusting heretics and the other is a kick ass khorne cannons

Crusader with psybolts every time.

Redeemer for funsies, or the Salamanders detachment for S7 flamestorm cannons.

>I just wanted my question answered about the Land Raiders
Then why even include that part before the question, asshole?

Redeemer.

No more (you)s from me.

It's like these plastic ass photo-shop artists don't have any creativity. They just look at the models, and do the bear minimum to copy them in slightly different poses. Then add some effects. woohoo.

>Suits don't have HoW
>Bikes do but I always forget them, even though I field up to 40

That's not saying much since Mont'ka was a large steaming pile of shit. I'm glad someone found a kidney stone or two that they thought looked neat.

Was just commenting on the state of these threads. Sorry user... Thanks for replying though, would have liked your reasoning due to the other guy saying different but guess not. Note to self, don't comment on the state of 40kg...

Other guy says Redeemer, but I assume your reasoning is more benefit from the +1S? Would you say Crusader even against blobs?

If you just want a question answered, just ask the question.

Don't quote shit unrelated to it, don't try to do posts as one.

Veeky Forums will take a pointless argument over a simple answer 9/10.
Like this

36 inch range apocalyptic IC battle cannon with dreadskulls is what's to discuss. Is it a formation that might see actual tournament placings?

Least you're not AoS. People couldn't even be assed to look at the Lizardmen models when they did the books. Posted it before. But that's AoS so leave it there.

My guess is, GW finds people on DA who could churn out 'decent' (releative) shit out in a couple of days. My mate does lots of art and he says most of the new art he sees are OK but he said they're the kind of drawings you "need to spend another good 8-12 hours on to make them good". Guess time isn't available or GW won't pay for X amount of time. Who knows.

Guessing Dangles, seeing as WS get HoW that are almost good.

>Note to self, don't comment on the state of 40kg...
Why type this? Note to selves are typically, you know, notes to yourself. Fuck this triggers me.

Sorry, won't do it again. Just a thing I noticed. Could I get your opinion anyway on the Land Raiders?

Yeah and it was a note in this thread to re-read when people reply. Fuck. Shouldn't have said anything.

So, then, which of the following two lists should I bring to the LGS' tournament Sunday? We're using ITC FAQs and houserules, though it's 1250 points rather than 1850

+++ Space Marines: Imperial Fists +++

++ Battle Demi-Company ++

Chaplain: 90
5 Devastators: 150
- 4 Lascannons
1 Land Speeder: 55
- Multi-melta
9 Tacticals: 181
- Drop Pod
- Melta and Combi-Melta
10 Tacticals: 200
- Rhino
- Plasma and Combi-Plasma
5 Tacticals: 140
- Razorback
- Flamer and Combi-Flamer

++ Air Superiority Detachment ++

+ Storm Wing +
Stormraven: 200
- Multi-melta and Lascannons
Stormtalon: 115
- Skyhammer Missile Launcher
Stormtalon: 115
- Skyhammer Missile Launcher
1246/1250

OR!

+++ Decurion 1250 +++

++ Necron Decurion ++

5 Immortals: 85
- Gauss
Overlord: 125
- Phase Shifter
- Warscythe
3 Tomb Blades: 70
- 3x Particle Beamer + Nebuloscope
- 2x Shield Vanes
10 Warriors: 235
- Ghost Ark
10 Warriors: 235
- Ghost Ark
10 Flayed Ones: 130

++ Renegade Knight Detachment ++

Renegade Knight: 370
- Thermal Cannon and Reaper Chainsword

1250/1250

But getting free shit because you bought (or didn't even buy) Battle Company, War Convocation, etc is okay?

Anniversary marine whiners are the dumbest faggots in the world.

Redeemer is way cooler, but due to sponson's limited field of fire you can't ever hit with both flame templates, so one will be permanently useless.

Crusaders can at least converge fire on a units once or twice.

Yup. What do WS get for their hammer of wrath that make it better?

see

Okay, so that's two to Crusader being best, one for Redeemer. But people think Redeemer is coolest.

I think I agree.

I've always wanted a Spartan for a BA or GK army, but they're not DT iirc and rather expensive.

The images are to sell the minis. It makes sense. Concept art has the creative stuff.

That applies to you too, Mr. "We should just let retards go unchecked" and "I have to point out every bad post from my soapbox". Who do you think you're better than when you're in this thread acting like a dipshit too?

Than you.

>he says, as he shitposts

>he says, as he shitposts a shitpost

>laughing females image

It's ironic because the people who post these type of macros are the ones who least notice what a loser and hypocrite they are. At least others realize what they're doing when they choose to sperg or shitpost. I'd post some kind of derisive response image to mock you but that's for losers.

As I said.. They failed miserably for the Lizardmen bar the Slann which were great.

Why are you still shitposting if your original goal here was to curtail shitposts?

Why did you even make your original post here if you're just going to be a humongous shitposting faggot? Please, faglord, show me more of your autistic neckbeard image collection.

How stupid do you have to be to fail to realize you've not only failed in your original purpose, but have even been dragged and baited into becoming that which you were trying to prevent?

Err... +1 S from their tactics.

They also have
"Scarblade Strike Force" Super detatchment grant all their shit HoW when charging more than 8" or rerolls on it if they have HoW already

The "Hunting Force"Core choice for that makes all units of 5 or more hit Twice with HoW

So.. 2 s5 HoW with Shred.
Rerollable Hit&Run...

If anyone, like myself () , was wondering what makes the WS HoW better than RW it seems that they get +1s which is I guess pretty okay.

I will keep my better bikers.

maybe you're right and it does get the job done, but I will still call it uncreative. It just looks too clean to me. And I hate it when I can look at that picture and see what photoshop tools were used for the desired effects.

Oh damn shred too, that is pretty nice. Rerollable hit and runs are coo, I love when my command gets a good roll with the 4d6 from my banner.

Thanks champ.

>Why are you still shitposting if your original goal here was to curtail shitposts?

The point was to either gain delicious (You)'s or the smug satisfaction of being so right the other party gave up and left in shame.

Anybody policing these threads are doing the polar opposite of the shitposting. Trying to enforce order on Chaos is best left to the Emperor.

Well, both of those are tried and tr-

>decurion + renegade knight

Oh shit, I think we found the winner

Not the one with ObSec Flyers?

thank the emperor I don't play in tourneys. those lists are brutal.

Oh man, this is a hard choice

Reminds me of my last game against grey knights where I dropped my flyer into hover into his empty deployment zone, ontop of an objective, and spent the rest of the game there

Those are just the HoW bonuses, they also get shits with flat out movement, choosing three enemy units to have reroll hit & wound and Furious charge.

WS are good because all their bonuses pull in one direction.

The pictures are, what I would call, 'uninspired'. They're fine. They portray the scene well. They should be looked at briefly, enjoyed, then moved on. As soon as you start looking slightly more than surface deep, you see the cheap and lazy shit. So it's best to just look and move on. Don't analyze, cause it's going to be shit a lot of the time.

I've said before, the last time I was 'wowed' by art was in Shield of Baal book. That guy did some 'realistic' Nid pictures which looked great. I think he also did the BA art for the Painting Guide. Also Shield of Baal showed that Mephiston had both blonde hair and white hair.

I've always felt that it should be

>in the grim darkness of the future, there js only wurr

But I'm a colossal faggot, so what do I know?

You can ask my friends - I only pull that shit out for tournaments. The last couple of games I had were with the Anvil Strike Force, with a Land Raider as a Warlord, or with a classic Combined Arms Detachment.
Yeah, you see why I wanted some outside advice?

HQ

Cadre Fireblade

Troops

Strike Team
5x Fire Warriors with Pulse Rifles
DS8 Support Turret with Missile Pod

Strike Team
5x Fire Warriors with Pulse Rifles
DS8 Support Turret with Missile Pod

Optiminized Stealth Cadre

Stealth Suit Team
2x Shas'ui with Burst Cannon
1x Shas'ui with Fusion Blaster

Stealth Suit Team
2x Shas'ui with Burst Cannon
1x Shas'ui with Fusion Blaster

XV95 Ghostkeel
Cyclic Ion Raker
Twin-Linked Fusion Blaster
2x MV5 Stealth Drones

Then maybe Riptide Wing added on.

that's the thing though. I realize they need to sell models and they need pictures for lots of stuff, but I'd rather have less, but better art than the tons of stuff like this that gets released now.

Both of those are equal amounts of nasty, I say flip a coin or put it up to vote

I don't touch Tau. They were never my style, I'm afraid - And I try to slightly define the upper tier of my store's power level. I play the bad guy, and do so with slightly pillow-fisted lists, and everyone else gets to bitch about how OP Necrons and new Marines are and gets sheltered from the true horrors of 40k.

The Redeemer is cool, and fortunately you can Power of the Machine Spirit one cannon one way, one cannon another, but the assault cannon has to go at one of the targets. Same with the multi-melta you're buying cause you're going in deep anyhow.

As for the Crusader, it's got 6 twinlinked boltgun shots at 24, 12 at 12", and the psybolts make the assault cannon S7. It's a fucking twinlinked psycannon at that point.

With that said the Crusader is going to do way more damage to hordes, faster. Unless your opponents are dumb as hell and bunch up knowing that pain train is coming in with AP3 flamers without torrent.

I guess so. But art has changed since the 90's. People want this clean computer shit rather than hand drawn stuff. I guess they're changing with the times.

I liked this picture from the Lizardmen book, was one of the only ones I did like.

>Put up to vote

Silly me, thats exactly whats happening now!

There's alot more flexibility with the marines considering they'll be faster than the crons'. I'd roll with them. Plus you might not get as much hate for bringing them than decurion + knight. Unless that's what you want

True, I was just coming out with silly lists as well. Never played it, unlikely to ever do so.

Who says that they want it? It's just easier and cheaper to do.

Sweet. Thanks user. Is the Crusader the one with 16(?) troop capacity? Or is that the Redeemer?

I was thinking of a 12 man Warband + Inquisitor (maybe in Terminator armour) so I wanted it to be at least 14.

Here, I've got a list coming up that I plan on bringing to an ITC event this weekend, the format will be 1850 points, 3 detachment maximum, no Come the Apocalypse allies.

Single CAD: Raptors Tactics

HQ:
Lias Issodon: 175

Troops:
5-man Tactical squad
- Rhino
- Plasma gun
5-man Tactical squad
- Rhino
- Plasma Gun
5-man Tactical squad
- Rhino
- Plasma Gun
5-man Tactical squad
- Rhino
- Plasma gun
5-man Tactical squad
- Drop Pod
- Imperial Space Marine
- Combi-Grav
5-man Tactical squad
- Rhino

Heavy Support:
10-man Devastator Squad
- 4 Grav-Cannons
- Rhino
10-man Devastator Squad
- 4 Grav-Cannons
- Rhino
10-man Devastator Squad
- 4 Grav-Cannons
- Rhino

The plan will be to have Lias Issodon grant Infiltrate to all 3 of the Devastator Squads and their Dedicated Transports. During deployment, I then combat-squad all 3 of the Devy squads, ensuring 2 grav-cannons in each combat squad.

Now all 6 devastator combat squads will Infiltrate within Grav-cannon range on turn 1. Their Rhinos infiltrate separately, and try to go for objectives, or act as convenient walls.

Lias Issodon sits cozy with one of said devy squads, granting them permanent Shrouded. He uses his deployment ability to troll for first blood during the end of deployment.

>sheltered from the true horrors of 40k

Are... Are the the Emperor!?

Also
>jabbathehut.png

>Are... Are the the Emperor!?
Just doing His work, user. Just doing His work.

Oh I know, but kids these days user. It's hard to explain. I always found 80's and 90's to be 'gritty'. Like it was the teenage phase of the century. Where there wasn't much you couldn't do. Now everything seems to be 'clean' and 'sterile' and everything has to be perfect or you'll be blasted to hell and back.

I just think that it's an art style which GW thinks will sell better. Maybe you're right and it's 100% about money + time, I dunno. As I said in another post, if people put TIME AND EFFORT into these pictures instead of copy pasting. You know, an extra 8 hours or so, they would be fantastic. I'll try and find a picture hang on.

Like this picture. This picture isn't perfect, but it's had time done to it. There is detail in the background stuff. It isn't just a 'centre' grouping with the detail. It's had more time on it than (see next post)

Hello Raptoranon

I just want to say, that as a player of mono-Militarum Tempestus, I never ever ever ever want to play against your lists

Sincerely,
A Tempestusfag

ps: g8 list m8

While this picture.... Is concentrated on the foreground. The background stuff is barely done. It's in lots of pictures recently, everything is essentially a blur in the background, no definition, no nothing. It's a cheap tactic but it's possible to put effort into it.

Sorry for AoS pictures, bu I saved them when I heard they got re-released. I don't have official art 40k stuff on here.

Interesting. Let us know how you go.

I'm considering starting a Raptors army, so would be keen to know how they perform.

>It's a cheap tactic but it's possible to put effort into it.

Blanche is proof of that, theres a figure in the foreground and the rest is a smudge with details here and there to give a sense of something bigger, dirtier going on and it works perfectly to make you think of the absolute chaos thats going on in his pictures.

>>jabbathehut.png

I would like to say that this list is my "Gloves are coming off" only bullshit. It only ever sees tournaments, and never ever comes out for casual play. I'm not some mongoloid that will crush random kiddies with an ultra-hyper competitive tournament list meant to go toe-to-toe with multiple stormsurges and table them on turn 1.

My casual lists are much more fun to play against. Like this for example: It has a little bit of everything, but also has intentional deficiencies, like lots and lots of juicy footsloggers, and a beatstick. Another well-rounded, middle of the road tier'd list will do well against it.

1850:
HQ:
Captain Galahad:
- Thunder Hammer
- Artificer Armour

Troops:
10-man Tactical Squad
- Plasma Gun
- Plasma Cannon
10-man Tactical Squad
- Plasma Gun
- Plasma Cannon
10-man Tactical Squad
- Melta-gun
- Plasma Cannon
- Rhino(extra Storm Bolter)
5-man Tactical Squad
Heavy Support:
10-man Devastator Squad
- 4 Lascannons

Elites:
5-man Terminator Squad
- Assault Cannon
- Land Raider Crusader(with Multi-melta)
2-man Dreadnought Squad
- 2x Assault Cannons
1-man Dreadnought
- TL lascannon

Fortifications
Imperial Bastion
- Ammo Dump

That's my point. The blur? If they spend time putting little defining details on them, it makes it all the better. Instead, it's just a generic blur or smudge.

I didn't like all of Blanche's work, I thought he used red too much. But he does have some good work. The 8th WHFB and 5th 40k Daemons codexes were fantastic purely because of his art for everything, new and old.

Just fantastic work. Especially since it was implied the codex was written by a mad man, made the idea he scribbled those down to try and stop the pain of remembering or some shit.

Everything might be 'cleaner' now, but that doesn't mean shit can't be done. Look at this picture. There is effort put into it, look at the stars/galaxies. They make up snarling lizard faces. It's not a perfect picture, but it's good enough with little details here and there.

There needs to be more of that, more defining blurs/smudges and less copy and paste. But I fear the artists won't do that.

I might download shield of baal to get those Nid pictures to use as examples of stuff I like. That was clean, but it was also gritty.

Are Razorbacks decent? I'm thinking of getting some for my Inquisition/Exorcists.

What are the chances of Black Templars ever getting real support and unique models ever again?

Are Riptides 170 naked or 180?

Is 1850 the most played points level?

Unlikely. GW will be selling generic models which then get transfer sheets for X or Y.

I don't think Black Templars will unless they're super popular.

I'm more pissed we didn't get unique Relics in Angels of Death. I can only hope we and Crimson Fists do in a Warzone book.

As inquisition? They're almost a godlike steal for 40 points. Space marines.. Not so much.

Some of the best options you can have is 5-man Melta-gun acolyte squads in barebones razorbacks. For 660 points, you could have 6 of such squads.

It is in America. In Europe, 1750 is more popular. While some International Tournaments favor 1500.

Generally speaking, a good tournament list in america will tend to have 2 variants. One for 1850, and one for 1500.

Also, would it be possible to just keep the turret separate and run them as rhinos if I wanted?

Is there a most played casual points level?

Still no Death From the Skies pdf in the mega?

Magnetize the turret and sure.

Yea, 1850 in America, and 1750 in Europe. For casual games, there's also the option of playing 250 Kill Teams: Heralds of Ruin.

There are some cases where the typical games are at a strange points level. My GW prefers 650(?). But the FLGS I frequent tends to go for 3000.

Alright thanks for the info!