/shg/ - Superhero General

From street-level to cosmic and everything in between, this is the thread to discuss all things superheroic, at least as tabletop games go. Mutants & Masterminds, Marvel Heroic, Heroes Unlimited, Dark Champions, Villains and Vigilantes, and any other system out there, this is the thread for you if you want to feel superhuman.

Last thread: >/shg/ team
pastebin.com/4ZEeWk7F
>/shg/ Statesmen
pastebin.com/qCgQBDgr

Topic Starter: Historical Supers. How would you incorporate superpowers and superhumans in historical settings, such as the Old West, the Middle Ages, or even as far back as the Stone Age?

>The Round Table are reincarnations of Arthurian Knights.
Please tell me you're including Sir Marrok, the werewolf, and Sir Morien, the badass Black knight.

Hey, did that guy who agreed to run a game for his friends but didn't have anything prepared ever get any help on a system?

Oh we should pastebin up the "Villain Team" Was there anyone else that needed to be compiled?

Pic semi related. Its an initial pass at Science Tyrant.

Yes, several times from several people. He decided to do the smart thing and just roll up characters with his friends today.

Please don't tell me you're the guy that bitched about all the world building in these threads.

I'm not the guy that writes up the Neo-Knights, but I definitely want to see them and Bercilak de Hautdesert.

Maybe even some non-Arthurian guys like Tam Lin, Red Crosse Knight, Britomart, etc.

The stuff on the locations like Japan, Germany, Vegas, etc. And The Irregulars.

Mean looking SCIENCE TYRANT, I like.

By the way, the last few threads aren't on sup tg. Is there a way to put them on from the archives?

The "imaginary friend" super has her advantages and skills. Now she needs 1D20 to determine what kind of energy she controls.

ROLL 1D20

Rolled 5 (1d20)

>what kind of energy
So her powers aren't going to be so poorly defined as to be virtually limitless? Sounds like a good idea.

>Please don't tell me you're the guy that bitched about all the world building in these threads.
No, I'm the guy going on about comics. Oh, and the guy who was talking about Marrok and Morien. I just wanted to make sure he got help.

How do you guys find groups? All my friends think supers games are boring as shit. I want to play a superhero game so bad ;_;

In a western setting I'd love to do something like Steel Ball Run where people are manifesting powers after visiting some mysterious location that may or may not be real and unlocking their potential. But for good measure I'd mix in some mystic Native powers and maybe some holy stuff to keep it balanced out.

And personally I hope to run a 1920s/30s game where I'd have powers originally emerge on the battlefront via German chemical grenades that accidentally 'activate' people, but ofcourse have become popular in the crime infested states.

Does anyone here have experience with Hero 6e?

I'm trying to make Ritual Magic for my wizard and it's failing to work with the Hero Designer.

I think the issue is that I'm trying to apply more Limitations than Advantages to a power. My ritual spells have obvious, accessible focuses, incantations, gestures and take a full 5 minutes. I'm trying to tie it to stuff like a bigass Blast (For Siege Weapon style magic) and Teleport (For making cross-country jaunts. It's kinda silly to have that on something you can do in a short amount of time)

The final cost is less than the Control Cost for my Variable Power Pool (Magic!) thanks to the disadvantages but it won't accept it.

Is this not allowed? The book is not really cooperating with me for searching for this answer.

Sir Palomides would be great. A Saracen Knight who was the son of the King of Babylon.

Best Enemies with Tristan (Goes off and murders the crap out of Tristan's killer despite them constantly dueling to a standstill while he was alive.)

>Alan Moore Supreme
That was one of the best Superman runs ever.

>90's model with limitless ill defined powers

I wonder if that was Moore digging at Morrison for his JLA run which had them doing all sorts of crazy stuff.

>5
COSMIC: You wield the very versatile and primal cosmic energies

AHAHAHAHA!

Well, setting wise this works as "thought form made from raw dream stuff".

ROLL 1D20 FOR ALTERNATE EFFECT

I just talk to my friends. When that doesn't work I use Roll20, but that's been a crapshoot depending on who you get.

That's good. Thread got a lot nicer once he left.

Was Palomides the one with the Questing Beast?

The Questing Beast could be interesting modernized.

Galahad and Elane are just begging for some super science stuff. Elane was in lady a cauldron. Galahad was spooky perfect-ubermensh. I remember in TH White's Candle in the Wind the other knights were creeped out because he was just -too- perfect.

Galahad as Lancelot's clone baby or would that be too on the nose?

Yeah, he's the one who finally killed the Questing Beast.

Though it being allowed by him becoming Christian might be a tad un-PC these days and a little out of place in most superhero settings.

>where people manifest powers after visiting some mysterious location that may or may not be real.

Sounds like it could mesh with a lot of turn of the century adventure tropes. "The magical lost world" and all that.

>Powers as the result of German chemical grenades that accidentally activate people

Will it be like Wild Cards where 99 percent of people exposed to the gas die but 1 percent get super powers?

>Tad un-PC

The Knights of the Round Table are Quest World's Authority. They play up the idea of Arthur as empire builder who used war to bring peace to the isles. They really don't care about being pc.

I could see Lancelot as an artificial human of some sort.

Like the endless comic 'I have put the genes of all the perfect Aryan Nazis in this box, out will come a super Nazi soldier' that turns up.

Presumably with less Nazis.

>Quest World
I need some sleep soon. I meant Cape World.

I meant more from a game design perspective. Not so much an In-universe one.

>Galahad as Lancelot's clone baby or would that be too on the nose?

It wouldn't honestly feel right to be Galahad without him still being the highly moral, humble guy he was in the stories.

He's pretty Hero Classic in a group that's otherwise the Authority.

Rolled 11 (1d20)

Perhaps casually introduce super ideas slowly? Just do it so low-level it's not obvious at first, then just build on that over a few sessions. Hell, superheroes are at the core built on different genres anyway, you could put superheroes into just about any setting and get away with it.

>That was one of the best Superman runs ever.
I'm not even a big Superman fan, but I fucking love Supreme for how it meta it is, and how it handles its own being meta in a way that isn't grating or unoriginal like so many others. It's one of the best comics on comics you'll ever read. And I just love he he tears into the less savory parts of comics too.

>Morrison
Maybe. Though he really didn't seem to care who he insulted. One of my favorite moments was when that British guy Supreme didn't like started transforming and getting bigger, and Supreme says something along the lines of "He's a British comic book writer, he's going to become more and more complex and dense until he becomes completely unmanageable!" Man, I do need to finish Morrison's JLA though. Infinite Mass Punch and all that. Man, when did that guy just lose all his talent? I can't fucking stand him now.

Rolling! Then going to bed because I'm up way too late already.

Just cut that part out. Or replace it with something modern audiences will be OK with. Or just copy Thor and make it so only the "worthy" can kill the Beast, which usually means being what is now considered moral.

"Worthy" is always good. Adds an element of proving himself without it being tied to any given faith.

>Lancelot as artificial human.
That's actually a really good idea. I remember in The Once and Future King how he was OP, but he always felt incomplete because he was a ugly bugger who didn't really have much outside being the perfect knight.

That could easily be adapted as an artificial human story.

His constant desire to perform one good miracle could be interpreted as "robot wants a soul". Have him be a devoutly religious artificial human.

I remember the guy that was writing up the Cape World Knights had Lancelot reincarnate as a perfect girl, but I think I might try writing up my own versions of the New Knights. Just think of my own as the "Earth-2" versions.

I'm mostly thinking of the White version where he's so inhumanly perfect he scares people, but you are right. He could be a great foil.

I'm also tempted to have Merlin be the same Merlin from all the other previous cycles of Knight reincarnation, adding a twist to White's time bent Merlin. His tree Nimue stuck in in is now a forest where he wields absolute magical dominion.

What do you think?

What would Mordred be in Cape World? That's what I want to figure out.

>And I just love he he tears into the less savory parts of comics too.
One last thing: Because I'm so tired of Silver Age fanboyism now, it's frustrating. But Supreme says "Look, there was good stuff there, but sometimes they were just ridiculous." Which is totally true. I mean, half the time, the comic would just be a dumb explanation of the cover that had some sort of improbable situation on it. Fuck, when you think about it, it's like an older version of clickbait.

Exactly.

>Sounds like it could mesh with a lot of turn of the century adventure tropes. "The magical lost world" and all that.
I suppose you could make it a native American magic thing, or maybe even hint to something extra terrestrial? But perhaps with that kind of thing you can just leave it a supernatural enigma.

And yeah since it'll be a sort of spin-off mustard gas so chances are you're gonna either die horribly, or unlock your powers in one hellishly painful experience.
I'm thinking I'll have some not!capone having try outs for his super henchmen be the catalyst for the setting if I ever get around to it.

I don't know about Mordred, but can we have Morgause be the female villain, and have Morgan be Arthur's healer and, you know, a Fey? I'm always a fan of going back to what the original tales actually looked like, because barely anyone ever does them now, usually they just mess it up and change everything to fit our view of it (ex. Hades is the Devil).

>Because I'm so tired of Silver Age fanboyism

I really liked that you can tell that Moore has a genuine affection for Silver Age Superman. He's comfortable playing up the wonderment part of it while still taking the piss out of it.

>Bad Morrison
I thought Multiversity was excellent. Annihilator was meh and poorly constructed, but Nameless was a pure, wonderful mindfuck like a Jodorowsky film.

>11
>Energy Weapon

Interesting. She is a dancer, so maybe long ribbons made out of energy? Think Master Asia.

ROLL 1D20 FOR OFFENSIVE POWER

>What do you think?

Sounds good. Old Grumpy Bastard never goes out of style.

Hm...I'm tempted to make Mordred less of a person and more of an event orchestrated by Morgause to fuck up Arthur and his crew.

Mordred should be the hole in things. Arthur's one big mistake, both tactically and morally (he tried to go King Herod on some babies to prevent Mordred's birth).

Or would that be a little too abstract?

Rolled 19 (1d20)

Are we still rolling Genie dude? or something else?

Rolled 8 (1d20)

Oh fuck I need to go to bed. Fine, rolling! Last time though.

>Multiversity
Eh, never really read it, just Shazam, which I thought was meh. Morrison burned a lot of his credibility in my eyes with his run on Batman (mostly Batman Inc). And I've become incredibly critical of his style of writing.

>Pic
I believe the thread was about Talia, but remember, he did the same to Magneto.

My sleep-deprived brain says that Mordred should be a time-paradox. Like, Arthur fucks up and Merlin makes it better, but Mordred reemmber s or soemthing and forgoet it I can't even fucking ritew now.

Still the Imaginary Friend Genie.

>Energy Control.

Ohhhh nice. This gives us an array.

ROLL 1D20 FOR FIRST POWER IN THE ARRAY

>8
INVISIBLE BLAST

Oh, but of course. Invisible imaginary genie friend.

>Mordred is a time paradox.

Yeah. That could work really, really well actually.

And...we get 3 alternate effects for the array. The first was the ENERGY WEAPONS already rolled (I fucked up and got it out of order) so we need

2D20 FOR ALTERNATE EFFECTS

Last thread someone talked about "Dawn of History" Supers. The idea basically was that Atlanteans (which in Cape World are beings that exist in the spiritual Earth, not the physical and came from a single perfect "oversoul", sort of like how angels are emanations of God, that they seek to return to and merge back with).

The Atlanteans at the dawn of history saw the rise of humanity as a miracle. Here was a race of thinking animals, not created as they were by an oversoul but hewed out of nature by time and evolution. To the Atlanteans which see eons as we do days it was as if in an instant the rocks started talking.

Humanity was something precious and beautiful. Humanity was the universe trying to communicate, trying to think as Atlanteans did.

In the time of recorded history Atlaneteans seek to keep humanity grounded to the Physical Earth. They were the archons and demiurge described by the Roman Gnostics. They believe that humanity would be corrupted by the other Earths and lose their purity. Humanity is a miracle that must be protected. What if contact with the other Earth's changed humanity? What if they became something that they wouldn't have become had they been left alone to grow and develop naturally? What if Physical Earth was trying to "say" something through its humans and the Atlateans distorted the message with their bumbling?

It wouldn't be the first time they caused a catastrophe. The separation from the oversoul was widely regarded as a mistake, a grand adventure that went too far. Atlanteans die and reincarnate, growing closer and closer back to oneness with the oversoul each time.

-cont

Rolled 7 (1d20)

Here's the first one.

I'm tempted to draw a few things before I go to bed. Any suggestions?

Have a rough draft for Sensei Serpent's prize student.

Sort of pictured her having big poofy "Cobra Hair" concealed behind a mask. But beyond that outfit is drawing from general east asia themes. should I do something else? CLoser to Psinobi's outfit.

Perhaps due to being a clone she has no belly button?

Here.

Decided to pass on the Ritual Magic.

If anyone has experience with Hero 6e could they give a glance over, see if there are any major problems with it?

Try her with that foldup shield from earlier and a cobra-style hoodie.

If this cosmology so far seems impenetrable do not be afraid to ask questions. It is simply some core tenants of Theosophy altered and modified.

The Formative Plane is "Spirit Earth". The Creative Plane is "Mental Earth". The Archetypal plane is the Oversoul as a whole which surrounds and binds all Three Earths.

The numbered planets mean nothing. In Theosophy planets and their people "evolve". But in Cape World planets simply have three sides to them and an Oversoul crowning it.

In Theosophy all beings reincarnate, but not so in Cape World. Only beings like the Atlanteans reincarnate, and that is because they exist in all three Earths at once. They abandoned their physical bodies long ago which remain only as potential "suits" a few rogue Atlanteans not wanting to go back to the Oversoul inhabit at will. Their spiritual forms die and change (all spiritual forms can die in Cape World).

Spirit, as in Theosophy and Thelema and Plato, is not immortal. Rather it is the divine intellect, the dreams and thought-forms of the Mental Earth, that are immortal.

Edgar Cayce compared the process of reincarnation to being a sleeper that awakens from a dream and then goes back to dream another dream. The dream is the personal life of an individual. When he dies he is awaken into mental reality and recognizes his personal life as a dream but is enriched by the experience. The dream personality, the physical and spiritual existence. dissolves and dies. The rational sleeper is all that survives from dream to dream.

This is how it is for the Atlanteans. Their entire existence outside the Oversoul was in fact an attempt by the Oversoul to enrich itself with a dream it has now found itself trapped in.

>7
Energy Weapons, now Energy Constructs.

She can make weapons and anything really. Again, perfect as a thought-form.

ROLL 1D20 FOR FINAL ALT EFFECT

Seconding this. Also want to see what Bob Cat looks like, or Meowing Midori. Or the two of them fighting in that tournament.

They are constantly thwarted in the modern period with their attempts to block passage through the worlds, both from humans and from inhabitants of the Spirit and Mental Earths. Atlanteans are powerful but not omnipotent, and as they come closer and closer to rejoining the Oversoul they lose more and more power over the Mental, Spiritual, and Physical Earth. Every day beings find it easier and easier to find holes in their barriers between the Earths.

And they absolutely have no power outside the Earths. The Oversoul does not extend beyond the Earth, and in fact the first scientifically documented excursion into a realm of pure spirit came about in the late 19th century when mankind stated to explore the spiritual sides of the Oversouls on other planets by means of astral projections.

In Cape World it is only the physical sides of the other planets in the solar system that are dead and lifeless. The solar system is a vibrant place when only the spiritual side is taken into account. It is here that one finds Barsoom on Mars and the Selenite Empire on the moon. And the Atlanteans could not stop humanity from exploring these regions.

The Atlanteans were not always what Thelemists and Mystics call "the watchers on the threshold" policing the walls between Earths. There was a time when they embraced humanity and rather than separate the Earths blended them together to create the primal Dream-Time.

The Primal Dream Time was a world of great beauty and great terrors. Time and Space were fluid, and it is here that one finds the first Arthur and the first Camelot.

I think shorter hair would fit her time as a villain since she's supposed to be a killing machine and long hair is something easy for the enemy to grab on to. When she joins the heroes she starts growing it out because it's something Tyrant and Serpent wouldn't allow her to do.

For the outfit itself I'm liking it so far. I think including some form of snake eyes on the outfit or the shield would be cool though

Doc Chase and Harpy fighting over Trinity

I gave it another go. Sort of added Viper Hood patterns to a hoodie.

And gave her shorter hair (in the style of fangs for the hood).

What is this viper girl's name again? Have we settled on anything?

I was thinking Viperstrike, and thought it could shorten down to V.S. or "Versus", which seems more appropriate for her "cloned student" heritage.

Possible serpent shield detail.

I think it was between Viper or Snakeskin.

Anyways good job on the art

The Dream-Time survives through what is called by para-scientists the racial memory, by mystics the eternal dreaming and the eternal song lines. The Atlanteans may have destroyed this time period but a palimpsest survives on the hearts of all living beings. This is the inner fire that appeared in Acts. This is the silver cord that was cut in Ecclesiastes. This is Jacob's Ladder, this is the "as above so as below" of Thelema.

For there is ever a little spirit and mind inside the physical, and a little of the physical inside each of them. And although the Atlanteans may seek to keep the worlds apart it is a natural law that drives them to blend and mingle. And the Atlanteans cannot stop nature, only delay it. For while the Atlanteans are powerful they are not omnipotent.

Going to try and get some rest now. I hope you guys don't hate my cosmology I'm building for cape world. I'm going to write what happened in the Dream-Time when Atlanteans interbred with humans to create the first superhumans "Homo Dynamicus" and what happened to make Arthur and his mythos reincarnate throughout time like a bunch of Atlanteans.

>Name

Viperstrike works. Its a lot better than my idea of calling her Cobra.

She looks a little like Cutie Honey to me.

Is that a scar? How did she get that with the healing factor? It must have been one hell of a strike.

>Is that a scar? How did she get that with the healing factor? It must have been one hell of a strike.
Oh forgot about that. Nix that from the concept.

scars and rigorous training go together like... i dunno... a metaphor?

>Suddenly notice her hair are the fangs of the hood

Holy shit that's cool!

Right I forgot about Snakeskin.

Refers to "rebirth" and the defensive layer of the snake thus shield.

I half swear Viper is bound to be a villain name somewhere anyways.

Also, thought here, civilian name name for her could be something like Hebi Song.

Hebi being Japanese for either Snake or Viper.

Clever.

With her middle initial as M.
For metal.
Hebi Metal Song.

A civilian name could be something she "gets herself once she breaks free of Johnny Song's Influence.

Pic unrelated.

Hairstyles and colors.
Short "Fang" haircut blooms into a poofy Cobra hood shaped one with neglect.

Should the "imaginary genie" we're rolling for be a baddie? She's adorable but Science Tyrant's team already has an adorable girl that'll eventually go good.

Frankly they were feeling more heroic in nature with a little bit of Mr. Magoo hapless dope stumbling into danger and having to be saved by the genie.

Yeah I want to take that direction as well. It's just too damn cute. Johnny Thunderbolt crossed with I Dream of Jeannie.

How about making it about a guy that lost his family in a super baddie attack and decides to put on a costume to protect people even if he has no skills or powers. He attracts a thought form to protect him drawn and powered by the residual love of his departed family.

Could that work or is it a little too dark?

Also, as the guy doing the cosmology stuff I got to know, is it any good? Am I just wasting my time writing all that stuff?

an entire family dead? probably not. Too dark. A singular well respected grandfather or dad or mom? Hell you can make it that the "Genie" latched onto him after the previous attache died.

Random idea.
Perhaps his grandma was a fortuneteller in a small town. She dies, and the thoughtform starts following the grandson? Because the grandma predicted "something horrible will happen to him" and left that as the genie's mission. To prevent that horrible thing from ever happening.

whatever that horrid thing is. Assuming it even exists.

I like it! We tone it down to maybe just his brother.

I like the twist with the fortune telling grandma. Really cool.

What's the name of this brave and assertive but only when no one knows she's there thought-form genie?

Something simple and catchy like Guardian Genie?

But that's just what those "in the know" call her. Because as we've established she stays hidden and makes things work for her charge. It's her charge who is the "face" of the duo in most cases.

I see the guy as being slightly on the "joke" side of superhero. He's tried to get into the American DIY Superpower subculture (I see USA as being very loose with power regulations and experimentation compared to other countries. You're allowed to set up a Tony Stark shed if you pass the tests for your licenses).

But his "super suit" is a joke. Think a garage shed gadgeteer, a guy that would be better off trying to be Casey Jones but goes for the Blue Beetle.

His grapple hooks would break, his boomerangs would miss and not come back, and his blaster would fizzle in his hands...but instead they work, and its not because of his own doing but because his Guardian Genie either does the effects herself or uses her probability powers to make it work.

He sort of catches on that his gear isn't working, and he tries to improve it and his handling technique, but he's just not competent enough to pull it off.

So he tries to compensate with bluster and pizzazz. And views his attacks as "coordinating" his Guardian Genie's attacks, but that's being very, very generous to his "tactics".

Let's call our wanna-be hero THE IMPOSSIBLE FLURRY because in a fight he goes into a flurry like a spaz and yet he pulls off the impossible and saves the day.

THE IMPOSSIBLE FLURRY AND GUARDIAN GENIE

Ultimately they complete each other. He projects the Charisma and bravery she would show to people if she wasn't so shy and she provides the super powers he would have if he wasn't so incompetent.

Is this a pretty good description of our latest creation attempt?

>Could that work or is it a little too dark?
Way too dark. What I get from this is a man who loses everyone he loves and turns into a deathseeker because of it. Don't get me wrong, it sounds like a great pitch, it could be really interesting in the right hands and in the right setting. But not for Johnny Thunderbolt-esque hijinks.

This sounds good, and I like that it's very flexible, not tied to really anything that can change.

>(I see USA as being very loose with power regulations and experimentation compared to other countries. You're allowed to set up a Tony Stark shed if you pass the tests for your licenses).
Basically. This is what happens in comics too, more or less. I'm pretty sure Captain Britain's reaction to hearing about the Civil War was more or less "Oh, you're just doing superhero registration now?" If you wanted an excuse for it, I guess you could pass it off as a consequence of the US not being as socialized as many European countries.

I'm not so sure about the suit, but if you really want him to be a standard sort of "cape or cowl" superhero, then yeah, that works. Though... I dunno, I feel like the character's too smart for his own good. Like, with this guy, I actually believe he'll mess up the dynamic somehow. I mean, just knowing about the genie kinda puts it in danger. What if he lets it slip to other? H- Wait, no, that actually makes it even better! He tells his teammates about the genie, but she'll always foil their attempts at detecting her, discrediting the guy.

>I'm not so sure about the suit, but if you really want him to be a standard sort of "cape or cowl" superhero, then yeah, that works

Yeah. Cape and Cowl was the feel I was going for.

>What if he lets it slip to other? H- Wait, no, that actually makes it even better! He tells his teammates about the genie, but she'll always foil their attempts at detecting her, discrediting the guy.

This could be fun. It gets even better. Say they're based in Albany and run up against Science Tyrant. Science Tyrant is going to have a fit. Here's this goofball interloper, but he's actually really skilled! He can't stop him! Clearly he's some sort of super powered genius only PRETENDING to be incompetent. He's mocking Science Tyrant!

"Superpowered genie protector" he says. Oh no, you can't fool the scanners of Science Tyrant! The Impossible Flurry is on to you and your mind games Impossible Flurry!

It also helps that Impossible Flurry could easily get into a ham-off with Science Tyrant with his Guardian Genie egging on the bantz.

>"Superpowered genie protector" he says.
I think I would make it so the guy's never 100% sure the genie's going to help him though. Like, I don't want him to just walk into a hail of gunfire because he goes "Oh, the genie will protect me."

That's a good point. She shouldn't be like his stand. Maybe it's less he knows about her and more he was a "feeling" he's blessed by his Grandma's magic and thinks whenever something works out its just the blessing making him lucky.

Either that or he knows the Genie is there but knows she's not infallible. He's gotten hit on her watch and she's very, very sorry when it happens but she can't see every attack coming (it'll be adorable to see her fret and worry over him in a hospital bed for a broken arm blaming herself for what happened and him telling her its fine, he got carried away)

What way would be better? Him knowing about the genie or not?

Yeah, I think it would be better if he didn't know for certain, but had a feeling. I mean, Johnny Thunderbolt justified it by bring born lucky. Actually, thinking about it now, I'm wondering if he should have magic-based powers, since it ties into the genie and his grandmother.

I know we're still rolling up Impossible Flurry and Guardian Genie, but sense the thread is "historical supers" themed I think it would be cool if we could roll up some Old West capes and black hats.

I love Old West capes...

Yeah, I was kinda worried the two of us were taking over the thread. But nobody else was really posting either.

>roll up
D20?

>Had a feeling
That's reasonable. And he could gradually get closer and closer to the truth as his and her story develops until she finally appears before him.

HAUNTER could have a crossover with them where she -knows- the Genie is there and wants her to come clean, believing thought-forms and their humans should understand each other completely and without secrets. And after saving the day with The Impossible Flurry Haunter sits down and talks with her woman to genie girl, and after getting to know her decides that she'll let Guardian Genie decide for herself when its best to tell her charge.

>Him having magic based powers
I don't see why we should keep completely bound by the randomization rolls. He can know a little magic just so long as it's nothing powerful enough to make him not need Guardian Genie.

I"m afraid I'm going to have to call it a night. It's just about 7 AM where I'm at and I need sleep. I'm sure there will be people that will want to roll as the sun comes up though. Don't give up hope!

So how long will it take for /shg/ to stop coming up with incredibly lame superheroes?

I mean really guys, "Impossible Flurry" and "Country Gal"?

You fucks have taken over the past half dozen threads

>Him having magic based powers

I can see him having the smoke bombs/flash paper/ sleight of hand stage magic- not knowing that he would have true magic powers, if he just believed.

Cape world is obviously high camp. Also "country gal" is intentionally lame

see, all the good names have been taken.

There are pros and cons to collaborative creation. A lot of this allows people to have characters they can port into their campaigns as PCs or NPC's, and change the names and details as you wish.

>past half dozen threads
I've been in this thread and the last one and that's it, sorry.

Yeah, I wasn't a big fan of "Impossible Flurry." I'll try to think of something better, but not now since it seems the thread's had enough of that character for now. "Country Gal" doesn't seem so bad to me though.

I hope cape world tackles different parts of the world beyond Japan and the US.
Cape Australia...well it's probably going to be boring. We don't have much down here. Lots of animal themed supers?

You could easily start doing mystic stuff with dreamtime. As for being boring, all you need is a villain or some kind of overarching problem to shake things up.

How about a Ra's Al Ghul type villain who wants Australia to be green again? ... even at horrible costs?

or maybe both of these things simultaneously.

Wheres all the mega villains like galactus and what not?

Ugh, cosmic-level villains like Galactus are boring because either the plot has to bend in on itself to explain why they don't kill all the heroes, or it turns out they're not really villains, such as Galactus, who at the end of the day is just a galactic parasite, a sort of cosmic tick.

Galactus was just the first big villain i could think of.

Right, I know. But still, the problem remains that, if you have a character like this, you have to have a good explanation as to why they don't show up outside of the big events. Actually, thinking about it now, I can't really think of many huge cosmic-level villains, or heroes. Probably due to the things I just mentioned. Huh, maybe... Darkseid and the Anti-Monitor? Ugh, but Anti is like Doomsday, a plot device for an event, he has no purpose beyond that. And sadly, Darkseid is similar, though I guess you might be able to justify his absence by stating he's kept busy with affairs on Apokolips and a war with New Genesis.

A kangaroo themed boxer? Some sort of badass normal poacher? A lizard knockoff? A mythically empowered aborgine? Koala Lex Luthor? A mutated platypus? Tasmanian Devil? Something snake related?

Should I continue brainstorming?

Australia is home to a coral hero sort of a swamp thing for the grate barrier reef.
Some campy villains like check mate a riddler type that has a cork string hat with chess pieces as the corks.
Flaming crow a flying Pryomanic who has a reputation for being crude.
Tasmanian Tiger a stealthy solo vigilante who mainly operates in the south of the county.
Red centre: sand villain who blackmails people with famine and sand storms.
Blue ring a venomous octopus super not known if a hero or villain

Not him, but the problem of doing supers that are directly related to something in a foreign area is that it's very shallow. You need to have generic sorts of characters that could fit in anywhere, but just so happen to appear in Australia. Look at Batman, Superman, and Spider-Man, absolutely nothing about them restricts them specifically to America. And there have been Elseworlds and What If?s about them being in different countries. If you don't do the generic sort of stuff, it feels like all you know how to write outside of the US is stereotypes.

What would cape Australia culture be like? Cheering the underdog, having the biggest inferiority complex in the Southern Hemisphere, a back and forth jolking with English heroes? Few guns ? A big mix of other heroes who have migrated older generation from Europe younger from Asia. It might be a good place for factions from other more established orgaisations to fight for fresh ground and for culture to clash.

Well yeah, you´re probably right. I try to think of ideas and most of the time it´s stuff like the above post of mine. Probably because I never went to those countries, I end up using what I saw on tv or read on the internet for ideas. Going to try and come up with something less stereotypical next time.

Am i too big?..

Well, does anyone have a character generator like that one user was using? That would make it a lot easier to cone up with characters for the Aussie Avengers.

HeroLabs?

What if we bury a huge Lovecraftian entity in Australia? Can be responsible for most of the supers there and drive some plots, as well as giving Australia its own unique feel.

How long has it been there?
How does it give people powers?
Is there any chance it might come out soon?

Maybe someone dumped it there a few centuries or even mellenia ago. Because the entity tends to corrupt and mutate the land in inhabits?

In the middle of the county is Uluru A huge red sandstone rock formation that sticks out of the grass and sand it could be like a seal for the creature it is revered as sacred and no one is allowed to climb it. Could there be something on the top of it

Okay I just looked at some Australian mythology, and they have legends of an aquatic rainbow serpent-like creature from the dark streak in the Milky Way that grants people magic powers.

Seriously.

Let´s think about an appropritate mystic then, or should we roll?

and norse mythology has a giant snake that completely wraps around Midgard

The Rainbow Serpent(s) myth is really interesting. Also, it should be noted that it's very likely the oldest remaining deity. Motherfucker's been around since the last Ice Age.

Huh. I had no idea - just wanted ideas for an Australian Cthulu monster.

This thing is cool though.

So how does /shg/ like its extraterrestrial stuff? I like the options it opens up for a game, but one of my players told me he wasn't keen on it because having a whole universe of shit going on detracts from the importance of what does on on Earth

It really depends on who you go to. But if you want Earth to be important, it's probably not going to be for you. The thing about the superhero setting is that, outside of superhuman/natural stuff, their world, or at least their Earth, is very similar to ours. So doing cosmic stuff pretty much necessitates putting Earth in a corner without much attention. Most attempts at making Earth important in a cosmic superhero story just fall flat and feel shoehorned. But there are quite a few people who are tired of everything being about Earth and Humans, and are totally fine with this. Hell, this was one of the draws of the old cosmic Marvel stuff (about Annihilation to Thanos Imperative) is that Earth pretty much never came up, it was completely unimportant. The aliens treated Earth like it was a podunk town in the middle of Bumfuck, Nowhere. And then you had stuff like the relaunched Guardians of the Galaxy, where they're the Avengers of Earth, IN SPACE! (Yes, it's as redundant as it sounds.) And then you had Infinity, where a pangalactic alliance of incredibly advanced alien races fighting for survival against one giant threat decide to follow... the few dozen superpowered humans from Earth. Why? Because plot, that's why.

TL;DR The amount of cosmic stuff you use in your game is inversely related to how important Earth will be in your game.

>Want to make a Weaver Dice campaign
>It's not finished
>No one I know has read Worm
>Never GM'd before

kill me