Pathfinder General

Pathfinder General - /pfg/

Magical Child Vigilante with Companion to the Lonely and Eldritch Scoundrel Rogue with Innocuous Servant caught in the act Edition

Why aren't you playing a lesbian mahou shoujo or a battle-maid yet, /pfg/?

Unified /pfg/ link repository:
pastebin.com/5F8RNubX

Old thread:

Other urls found in this thread:

d20pfsrd.com/bestiary/monster-listings/outsiders/demon/demon-nerizo-hound-demon-tohc
foxes.wikia.com/wiki/Furry_Foxes
pastebin.com/XQwAf2qR
theworldissquare.com/feat-taxes-in-pathfinder/
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

>Why aren't you playing a lesbian mahou shoujo or a battle-maid yet, /pfg/?

Because I'm playing a bisexual ninja schoolgirl instead.

Because I'm playing an Android Construct Rider Alchemist.

(The story so far)

Anyone want me to continue my twilight knock off April fools game?

Gonna drop this here too since it could possibly continue here.

Trying to find a racial starting point for Geliche' would be a colossal pain in the ass tbf. I may need to redraw her again at some point since it's been a while..

Loootsa options! I may need help piecing something together if we're going to stick with Golarion though since I don't give enough of a damn about the setting to know as much about it.

Please continue storytime.

Keep it going, paisan. Still waiting to hear if they actually figure it out at some point.

>lesbian
>mahou shoujo

Isn't this redundant?
All girls become lesbians as a requisite to become a mahou shoujo.

But I'm already playing a catboy battle butler crossdressing in a french maid uniform and secretly gay for my master

>That character description

I get the sense it's not as big a secret as you might think it is.

>the kid who apparently used to be her boyfriend explain where the vampires came from.
>he explains where they are, and asks that they save the love of his life.
>everyone vows to rescue her.
>party stops by local church for holy water and blessings and all that good shit.
>go during the daytime, since vamps can't sunlight
>follow directions to secret entrance in mine shaft to vampire nest.
>works like a charm.
>begin long encounter fighting waves of various undead, upto and including undead minotaur boss.
>party nearly down for the count when the dust settles, and a large vampire lands in front of them, clearly pissed as hell.

Eh, there's some parts of Golarion that are fucking dumb and others that aren't. But if you need something pieced, by all means, let us know, and we'll jump on it.

Why not play a shota foxboi kitsune Magical Child with Companion to the Lonely?

Stat me pfg

owlbear

Size/Type: Large Magical Beast
Hit Dice: 5d10+25 (52 hp)
Initiative: +1
Speed: 30 ft. (6 squares)
Armor Class: 15 (-1 size, +1 Dex, +5 natural), touch 10, flat-footed 14
Base Attack/Grapple: +5/+14
Attack: Claw +9 melee (1d6+5)
Full Attack: 2 claws +9 melee (1d6+5) and bite +4 melee (1d8+2)
Space/Reach: 10 ft./5 ft.
Special Attacks: Improved grab
Special Qualities: Scent
Saves: Fort +9, Ref +5, Will +2
Abilities: Str 21, Dex 12, Con 21, Int 2, Wis 12, Cha 10
Skills: Listen +8, Spot +8
Feats: Alertness, Track
Environment: Temperate forests
Organization: Solitary, pair, or pack (3-8)
Challenge Rating: 4
Treasure: None
Alignment: Always neutral
Advancement: 6-8 HD (Large); 9-15 HD (Huge)
Level Adjustment: —

It is essential to the survival of the species, even.

>Why aren't you playing a lesbian mahou shoujo or a battle-maid yet, /pfg/?

user, Vigilantes can get Companion to the Lonely AND Innocuous Servant as it is a Rogue Talent.

You can be a raging gay mahou shoujo battle maid

Android Construct Rider Alchemist.

BEEP BOOP

>vampire lord starts demanding explanations from the party.
>wants to know why they had disturbed his slumber.
>Richard channels is inner paladin and explains.
"We are here to vanquish you, to rescue an innocent girl from your vile clutches!"
>'wat'
>party explains that the vampire boy had hypnotized Amanda, and they were going to rescue her.
>vampire lord remains confused as hell, before trying to be civil.
>he explains he and his were tired of being hunted down and blah blah, stereotypical 'vegetarian vampire' bullshit you've heard a million times by now.
>nobody in the party buys it.
>vampire lord calls for his son "Eddie"
Nobody got the reference
>vamp kid didn't come.
>vampire lord clearly upset.
>by this time they had fought well into the evening
>Alchemist is willing to bet they're fucking in the mineshaft again.
>vampire and party go to check.

>replying to yourself

oh boy

Because somebody's got to protect their smiles.

Don't hide it from me, /pfg/
Tell me about that character you had the most fun roleplaying with

>they're there again
>vamp lord bursts in this time
At this point, things got awkward because I was mostly replying to myself, with little input from the party.
>vamp and son argue, claim true love and bullshit
>party claims that she was hypnotized.
>Amanda calls bullshit on it, and vamp lord confirms it
>"No! You can't love him! I love you!"
>kid from before, who tipped the party off, is suddenly there.
>Amanda blows "Jared" off, hardcore
>Eddie tells him off as well.
>Jared turns into his half-wolf form and threatens to attack Eddie

At this point, the party was pretty sure I was on acid or something, but they hadn't QUITE gotten it yet.

>roll some dice for them to fight.
>vamp lord not threatened by juvenile werewolf.
>a few moments later, Amanda stops the fight.
>didn't know he was a werewolf
>thinks it's hot.
[The whole party is giving me weird looks]
>Eddie gets butthurt.
>she thinks vamps are hot too
>whole party is disgusted
>trying not to die laughing
>party goes back to woodcutters house and, rather than explain what actually happened, just Bullshit that she was just a girl who was... exploring herself.
>he pays the party a moderate sum in Thanks for putting his mind at ease.

That was the end of the session, at which point everyone got really pissed at me. James starts trying try to figure out how I thought this (in an otherwise extremely serious campaign) was a good idea.

>why the fuck would we want some magic realm bullshit between some teenage fetishist chick, a werewolf, and a vampire?
Wait a minute...
>the story was lame, nothing was interesting, and except for the long, but generic fight, we got nothing out of this
What was the vampire and werewolf's name again?
>why the fuck does that matter, donny?
Shut up for a second James
"That was Eddie the Vampire, and Jared the werewolf"
>wait... you son of a bitch.

------

James was bitching at me for a good fifteen minutes and I was giggling the whole time. All in all, worth it.

I played a 5th level human Empiricist Investigator and had so much fun with it.
I roleplayed "a dabbler of the arcane and occult detective", think John Constantine.
My DM had absolutely no idea why I was lugging around so much junk items until he realized what I did with those things. My buddies also were impressed.

>Playing Cards
Silent Image, plus high bluff and linguistics to make them look like official government IDs.
>Rubber Ball
Darkness to simulate moving shadows
>Modelling Clay and Prestidigitation
Molded it over my gun or anything I needed to hide as a fake
>Feather Token: Bird
The fluff states it delivers a message without error
>Ball of Yarn
Tied it to the feather token either for tracking or to get out of mazes
>Bottles and Mage Hand
Crushed Glass is incredibly dangerous as a blinding weapon
>Disguise Self
Used it a lot. Quite a lot. To the point, nobody knows my real face.
>Disguise Other
Used it on a corpse and on an ally to pull a switcheroo on the enemies.
>Mage Hand
Guess what weighs less than 5 pounds? My pistol. Great way to fool an enemy with a bit of of diplomacy and bluff.
>Stubborn Nail
Very handy for a lot of things with the right imagination (and a lot of knowledge into engineering)
>Rogue's Ring
Non-magical and that's a GOOD THING. Great for picking handcuffs and opening locks.
>Snapleaf
Immediate invisibility and featherfall? Never go on any adventure without one
>Campfire Bead
Handy way to start an immediate fire or a distraction
>Dust of Dryness
Its not the 1st effect I'm after - its the after effect. Because suddenly filling a small room with 100 gallons of water is very handy.

Their own fault for taking so goddamn long to pick up on it. Not bad.

Only one of them had a little sister (donny) so I don't think any of the others actually knew enough about twilight to actually get the joke.

Honestly, I wish I could play this character again now that the Questioner archetype exists, just to see if the Empiricist or Questioner is the better investigator.

Probably this guy. Kind of crushed the GM's spirit, though.

is that a fucking wailord

Just a normal(ish) whale. I was trying to find a graphic for the pimpinest whale imaginable, and the internet gave me this. Apparently it's from some Thai game. Suited my purposes well enough.

I need some mother fucking details on this character now.

Great Old Ones get out.

This is Elemental Lord territory.

I wanna make the Doomguy so I can rip and tear evil outsiders. How should I do it?

No

I want to make a game where lethality is high, but the penalty for death is low.
So at the end of every excursion the party can just revive their dead members for free.

The main problem I see is that if a player dies, they then have to sit out of the rest of the session or until the party reaches a safe place, and that's no fun for them.
But at the same time, death should have at least /some/ penalty.

Any advice, pfg?

Fair enough.

>Friend decides he wants to run an aquatic campaign
>He's excited, putting a lot of effort into it
>Sends us these bigass PDFs he must have put together over God knows how long
>Lot of details on setting, key figures, cultures, etc.
>Particular attention paid to a race of sea elves
>Hyped up quite a bit, especially their music
>Get to the playable races section
>Notice a small entry on Whalefolk
>They have a once-per-fight debuff simply called "Whalesong"
>It hits me
>Whalerapper
>Laugh myself silly
>Game day
>Everyone goes around, introduces their characters with some background info and such
>My turn
>Show off this balla-ass whale with his white suit and gold chains
>Sick of the Man keeping the common cetacean down and shilling this soft sea elf shit
>Start breaking out my freestyle fish-based rhymes
>The table is rapidly losing the ability to breathe, they're laughing so hard
>Except the GM, who has the most soul-drained expression I've ever seen
>The game continues on
>But I don't think he ever quite recovered from Krilldaddy's debut

And with that, I'm off to bed.

>Be newish DM to Pathfinder
>Used to DM a way more simple system
>So simple I could bullshit stats on the fly really quick.
>Now I actually have to prepare.
>Pre made NPCs only help a little bit.

Fug.

Reminds me of the time I used bottled yeti fur to convince guards I was a lycanthrope. Good times.

Kelizandri commands thee, begone, abomination!

With experience comes the knowledge of what bare essentials you have to prepare and what you can make up on the fly.

Except spell lists, fuck those.

Barbarian with a gun.

nooooooo

actually I'm super tired so I'm going to go to bed

I applaud thee

What's the closet equivalent in the PF bestiaries?

Roc.

A Roc is literally that. It's a bird about the same size.

If it's below 10 and I don't need to optimize I can whip up a NPC in 30 seconds to a minute. It comes with experience. Only thing that takes any time is choosing spell lists and I tend to just reuse ones and change out theme'd spells.

I am putting my players up against the mastermind behind the political intrigue soon. They are 5 level 8s, and he is a Incubus Magus 5. I am considering putting him with either 1 or 2 Nerizos:
>d20pfsrd.com/bestiary/monster-listings/outsiders/demon/demon-nerizo-hound-demon-tohc

I think it may be a bit too much, but the players are meant to have a very high chance of simply dying against this guy. He isn't meant to be engaged on his terms.

So what happens when a player reincarnates into a new race?
If you go from human to dwarf, does the god of dwarves suddenly gain some dominion over you? Does he help you out?
What about the god of humans? Does he suddenly start to ignore you?

Your soul is human. Which matters more probably.

>tfw never become honorary kitsune
>tfw will spend afterlife with humans instead of your wife and son
Don't fall in love with a woman outside your race, anons

I hate kitsune and I hate people who play them. I have only ever had 1 who wasn't an autistic piece of human garbage.

>multiple people who aren't me defending the kinestist
that was nice.

foxes.wikia.com/wiki/Furry_Foxes
>Ironically some kitsune seem more proud and arrogant than mortal foxes, even showy with their powers. Kitsune are stereotypically lithe, feminine, aggressively sexual figures. In contrast, others are played as hyper, cheerful, silly characters, the furry version of Kender. Stereotypes are, of course, meant to be broken.

>Kitsune are ... the furry version of Kender

Kitsunefags on suicide watch.

>pastebin.com/XQwAf2qR

Gonna ask again for advice on my build for The Iron Age, a melee wizard. For reference we are using Background Skill, Hero Points (which I forwent to get an Antihero feat), and The Elephant In The Room feat fix. Link for reference:
>theworldissquare.com/feat-taxes-in-pathfinder/

How can I eek out a bit more? My save bench marks a bit low. Average DC I am gonna be looking at from a caster my level is gonna be around 18-19. +13 only gets me out of that 70% of the time.

Because I don't have anyone to play with currently, looking for a group to play on roll20

Barbarian Gunslinger?

I can see myself using guns like normal but once shit hits the fan, I'll zerk out and start ripping and tearing. Sounds okay in theory.

Savage Technologist Barbarian archetype, fool.

The way I see it though, Doomguy isn't personally prone to such ludicrous levels of rage. He only rips and tears with a Berserker Pack.

>look at character builds
>good ideas for some enjoyable, balanced characters
>all gestalt
>can't build multiclass characters in non-gestalt any more because forgoing caster levels triggers me too hard

>tfw will never play gestalt

Paladin DMPC with ultimate mercy

Savage Technologist

I don't get why it's so hard to just wing it for numbers. I mean, shit, if you're one or two out then who cares?

Yes, but then that leads to the problem of spiral of death: their penalty is taking two negative levels which means they now have an even /lower/ chance of staying alive than they did before.

Restoration potions. There are ways of removing negative levels. Or you could just nerf the encounters if you don't want them to die.

>Or you could just nerf the encounters if you don't want them to die.

I think you missed the point of the original post I'm not aiming to actively kill them, but I just want to be able to constantly experiment and throw stuff at them that I think is roughly right to see what sticks.

Forcing them to pay up also kind of leads to a spiral of death thing too, albeit in a much smaller way as they slowly fall behind WBL.
And I don't want the penalty to be so small that they're no longer worried about losing each fight because they think they'll be back up again after it's over with no loss.

This may be the strangest request I could make:

How would you convert a Druid, a Paladin, a Rogue, and Sorcerer... into Shadowrun Mechanics?

My party is doing some planescape shenanigans, to be brief, and they're about to fight a planar god. I'm wanting to kinda try to screw with them IRL by having the mechanics change in the middle of the encounter to simulate reality changing as well.

Also, all my players are familiar with shadowrun, so there are no real issues with them not knowing how to play, as it were.

Would natural attacks (fists) be viable with this archetype? The gun part is handled, but I don't want to rely on anything but my fists in unison.

To be fair, Tetris Simulator Mami Show is the archetype of most Magical Girl stuff these days, and the girls are quasi-immortal and only have each other to turn to in their fucked up world.

It's still better than Sailor Moon's "You can be a dumb shit all you like, there's at least one humongous tool of a guy out there that'll marry your ass." and other assorted disturbing implications if looked at in the right light.

Crystal Tokyo freaks the shit out of me at all those implications.

Tuxedo Mask's a chump compared to THE PHANTOM RENEGADE anyway.

Medabotts exists in the same tier as Shaman King.

As in, not good, but equally not bad.

Also, Sailor Moon has canonical bestiality.

Oh god, I just had a game with my new Mithral Current focused Bushi Stalker.
It felt so fucking cool, especially since I was stuck playing a fighter the last time.

So /pfg/, I need to ask for some advice. Building for a 10th level gestalt game, and going for an infernal seductress/corrupter thing.

Cleric of Ardad Lili / Negotiator Bard with Scalykind domain and Sin inquisition. I want to keep the domains as tgey are, one for corruption and the other for flavor plus constrictor conpanion. But I could use some advice on where to go from there. Would it be worth using one sude of the gestalt to get into the Enchanting Courtesan? Or am I better off with bard buffs and eventually Conversion Channel on the cleric side?

Illya a cute.

Is it wrong that I suddenly want to play Pathfinder after seeing that this a thing that can happen? Cause I had no real interest before.

Why did the Everlasting Dragons have crystal shit that made them double immortal for some reason? They don't even need it!

Why did SEATH (The Bitch) have his bones made out of stone but not have stone scales?

~Don't even need it!

How's it feel, Seath?

To be a ~bitch~

The same reason Artorias's arm was broke as hell for some reason, and his shield could protect puppy Sif from URBAN VIOLENCE.

Hey Seeeeathe?
How's it feeeeel?
To be forever aloooone?~

>tfw Mengkare could have been a deformed scaleless gold dragon with golden bones and creepy noodle legs, and his experiment would have become at least 50% more amusing than it is right now

This critter is on the upper end of the large size category, but could work as a giant vulture. If you don´t mind it being a bit bigger, then roc.

BTW, has anyone here played a gestalt of T4/5 classes and where do most of those fall on the tier scale?

What, the maid raping or the magical girls?

Probably both.

Magus, any level. Probably.

Is the Zweihander Sentinel a meme?

I get that its got some good features, but literally anytime someone asks for a martial anything this class is mentioned.

The only downside is you dont have ranged weapon prof

It's an incredibly versatile class that provides a lot of effective options for martials.

The obsession over it is likely a holdover from the years where martials really didn't have options, and now that one exists they're pouncing on it like starving dogs.

What's a good 20 point-buy array for Havoker Witch? You needs INT,CON,DEX so it's kinda MAD...

Still seem like a trap option to me (especially since you need to burn 1st level spell to use extended range). But I'm interest in this "totally not a Warlock" archetype.

It seems like a meme, but it's actually really good. The Warder as a whole is one of the best designed classes for "am fight man", even the Hawkguard (its ranged archetype) gives you what ranged users crave.

In both cases (Zweihander or Hawkguard) It's not overly powerful specifically, but because it gives you a good measure of all the things you NEED to be good at your job, it really lightens the load on your critical build requirements.

Zweihander helps with your AC thanks to its Aegis and the shield functions. Being a PoW it also gives you a small number of range options if you so choose (you don't have to but the maneuvers are there for the taking) which also can help the whole "dragons fly" dealie.

Hawkguard keeps you from having to go down that shitass rabbithole of "just five more feats and I won't trigger AoOs from both reloading AND shooting!"

Int is priority
secondary is Dex
Then Con
Your casting is gonna be more versatile than your blasts

Does it give me Weapon Training? I'm looking at weapon master's handbook feats.

When there is a better AM FIGHT class, we'll let you know about it.

Until then, it's absolutely everything the Fighter SHOULD have been. Beating the fuck out of the enemy while protecting his buddies.

No. Because it gives class features that are actually worthwhile.

I'm like 90% sure there is a feat that counts as Weapon Training, however, and ZS Warders have a glut of free feats.

That's one of the few things it doesn't, but it gives you level 9 maneuvers. Pretty much anything you'd want, from the +x/+x training gives to any of the weapon master guide moves, you'll find that and better in said maneuvers.

Like ignoring DR and Hardness, getting two attacks out of a standard action, adding a main stat to damage again, flight, and so on.

Martial Focus, gives you +1 damage to a weapon group and makes it count as weapon training for the weapon mastery feats. It's not on the pfsrd for some reason.