Warhammer 40k General

Don't Bring a Xenos to a Loyalist Fight Edition

>Rules databases
mega.co.nz/#F!pFgm0RKR!J06C1gVYcjzNGsF8YNLsjQ
kat.cr/warhammer-40k-pdf-library-t9575373.html

>FAQs
games-workshop.com/en-GB/Rules-Errata

>40k 7th edition quick reference sheet(s)
dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/4104995/Games/7edRef_V7.pdf

>Forgeworld Book index
dakkadakka.com/wiki/en/Forge_World_and_Apocalypse_Rules_Index

>White Dwarves
mediafire.com/folder/tx4hcy4u487pv/WD

>Novels (Working link as of 02/02/2016)
mega.nz/#F!wx4BiKhD!YhnAf1BqSmAB8dO6xDM56Q

Other urls found in this thread:

kat.cr/warhammer-40k-death-from-the-skies-2016-t12572848.html
mediafire.com/download/1w7bwdw8l093jl7/Derps_from_the_Skiez.pdf
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Remove chickin

How much AP3 does Tau need to bring at 750-1000 points?

Is one team of TL plasma crisis suits and two hammerheads sufficient for killing MEQ/TEQ at that level?

I was just reading through the Crimson Slaughter Supplement.

If I play a 1750 point game where I bring a fully loaded Cult of Slaughter and then bring an Allied formation that is Typhus and a squad of Plague Marines in a Rhino (Just to quickly move up to grab objectives) Then could I turn all of the Cultists into Plague Zombies in order to slowly plod their way up the field, constantly getting back up after getting riddled with bullets that they are shrugging off, thanks to FNP.

I realize this army will be shit, but I am genuinely curious as to if the rules would allow it. I mean, Typhus' rules state that any Cultist in the same army (Not formation) as him, can be nominated as a Plague Zombie.

I just like the idea of 240 Plague Zombies plodding up the field and giving no fucks as to how many bullets get shot into them.

First for Inquisition has better and more plentiful Daemon weapons then Chaos.

WE CONTINUE POSTING LISTS

Heres my alternate list for when I don't want an hour long movement phase

Oh, I should've added: Ion Cannon or Rail hammerheads?

3 shot S7 AP3 + Large Blast mode, or S10 AP1 + submunitions blast?

Just wanted to continue from the old thread

Have an upcoming "beginners" tournament, 750pts, not sure what to run. I have Daemons, but I find they aren't great at low points (maybe I'm just shit?). Looking for advice one what to run.

Tournament limitations:

1 HQ or Lord of War
1 Elites
1 Troops
1 Fast Attack
1 Heavy Support
0-1 Auxilary (any ONE of the following : Elites, Troops, Fast Attack, Heavy Support, Fortification)

NO Super Heavies, Gargantuan Creatures, Mighty Bulwarks or Fortification Networks.

Also has to be "friendly" enough not the be veto'd by the TO's, but competitive enough to have a chance.

CAD - 1500

++Chaos Space Marines++

+HQ+

Typhus (warlord) 230

Chaos Sorcerer (Mark of Nurgle, Bike, ML3, Sigil of Corruption) 170

+Troops+

30x Cultists (Plague Zombies) 150

7x Plague Marines (Meltaguns x2, VotLW, Champion w/ Power Axe, Rhino) 210

+Fast Attack+

5 Chaos Spawn (mark of Nurgle) 180

+Dedicated Transport+

Rhino - 35

Chaos Daemon Allies:
++Allied Detachment++

+HQ+
Great Unclean One (ML3, Greater+Exhaulted Reward) 290

+Troops+
10x Plaguebearers (Plagueridden, Instrunment of Chaos, Icon of Chaos) 115

10x Plaguebearers (Plagueridden, Instrunment of Chaos, Icon of Chaos) 115

dub

Actually, sorry, let me put it this way.

750 points:

>Ethereal
>3x Crisis suits with TL plasma and cyclic ion blaster
>2x hammerheads (ion? rail?) + disruption pods
>10x Firewarriors strikers + missile turret
>10x Kroot + sniper rounds

Is good? Major weaknesses? don't say add riptide

>Just wanted to continue from the old thread
But not also add any of the units you actually have or anything like that.
You got responses...

I suspect that the cultists would have to be in the same detachment as typhus in order to become zombies, but I could be wrong.

Looks pretty good, theres enough dakka between the ethereal and fire warriors such that you won't have to worry much about MEq. Looks like you're on the right track

add riptide wing

So recently my boss gifted me of this, the Emperor's Children lord.

I am an EC and it's nice that is now OOP, but honestly I don't like the model.
Especially the face.

Have you ever seen some good conversion based on this mini?
Some suggestions maybe?

Anyone know what a good Melee based 'Nidzilla list looks like?

At work so this might be a bit off but this is my 3000pt list I will be adding three fliers to for a cool 3500:

Sammael - 200
>Corvex (Jetbike)
Interrogator Chaplain ~160
>Mace of Redemption, Bike
Techmarine - 110
>Servo-Harness, Bike ~275?
Command Squad w/ 6 Bikers
>Apoth,Champ, RW Banner, 1 Grenade Launcher
3 Units of 3 Bikers - 115ea
>2 Grav, CombiGrav
3 Units of 6 Black Knights - 240ea
>1 Grenade Launcher
2 Darkshrouds - 95ea
>Assault Cannon

Support Squadron ~245
>Darkshroud w/ Heavy Bolter
>3 Landspeeders w/ Double Heavy Bolter

2 Attack Squadron ~185ea
>2 Multimelta Attack Bikes
>Landspeeder w/ Double Multi Melta

Librarius Conclave (White Scars - 330
>3 Level 2 Librarians on Bikes - 110ea

Drown them in AP2

As I said in the last thread too, the units I have aren't an issue, I'm happy to buy an entirely new 750 point army for this.

And none of the responses I got fit the list limitations or were particularly friendly enough to not be veto'd, so there really wasn't anything to add, but thanks.

>u wot m8

Josh?

Sorry mate, dunno who he is.

Why aren't snipers better?

Yeah, sorry, my friend's been talking about 'nidzillas nonstop for a few days and wanting a melee focus, despite loving bio-guns. Said he was gonna ask around online, then I seen your post. Oh well.

>A fucking Railgun as a primary weapon
>ION BLASTERS as secondary weapons
>missile pod as tertiary weapon
Everything's fucked

>3 Dark Shrouds
>4 Skilled Rider Units (5 if the conclave rides alone)
>Conclave that doesn't belong to you

It looks like you want to win with all the AP2 spam but I don't think you can reliably deal with Fliers or hordes.

Anyone bringing ignore cover will just ruin your gimmick.

Dont have too many suggestions for you lad, except replace the sword too while you're at it. Looks like shit.

And let's not forget the 4 seeker missiles

>a fa/tg/uy from the /wip/ threads got a job at Forgeworld

ca/tg/irl actually.

Im glad the Barracudas back since its a cool looking plane but fuck, I'm afraid it'll rape everything. I hope they update the THunderbolt soon

Didn't know they weren't good. Whenever I see them they are used on camocloaked scouts that are camping objectives so it gives them decent range and the chance to pick off things. If I ever have to actually get troops it will be 2x5 sniper scouts so I can actually use a CAD.

>It looks like you want to win with all the AP2 spam but I don't think you can reliably deal with Fliers or hordes.

I wouldn't say it is full WAAC but it isn't a bad list. I ordered the flier formation so I can deal with anti-air and against hordier armies I have typhoon missiles and heavy bolters magnetized for my Attack Squadrons.

Also it isn't such a gimmick as the only way to play pure ravenwing at such a high point value. I have no objective secured so I have to rely on doing some damage to the enemy so I can make my mad dash to objectives when the time comes.

>New Barracuda

Well, my prayers for something Tau from forgeworld that wasn't another battlesuit have been answered.

SORRY, gue'la, but you fucking monkeys don't GET to rival the firepower of the TECHNOLOGICALLY SUPERIOR Tau Empire, okay?

Well that explains that

4 seeker missiles? Or 4 Destroyer missiles?

Anyone know when the new Flyer supplement Death From the Skies will be added to mega as a pdf? I'd like to flip through it before deciding if I want to buy it.

Also does anyone know when we'll have pdfs of the four AoS Grand Alliance books as pdfs?

It'd be seeker. The Barracuda isn't a superheavy

>the new Flyer supplement Death From the Skies will be added to mega as a pdf?
When someone is shitty enough to buy it. Mostly everything has been leaked if you did your research though.

>AoS anything
Wrong thread, though hopefully never.

There's a very nice, searchable PDF on the torrent websites.
kat.cr/warhammer-40k-death-from-the-skies-2016-t12572848.html

Skip or delete the epub version, unless that's really your bag.

Everything is supposed to be Air Superiority, Strafing Run, or Bomber now, right?

Which is the Barracuda?

Razorshark is an Attack flyer, Sunshark is a bomber. (The interceptor drones still have skyfire, though, and can even detach during the dogfight phase, so the sunshark is the best anti-fighter codex flier.)

Barracuda's fluff has always been air superiority, so I'm guessing it'll be a fighter.

>I'll just blow it up in this new phase while in reserves so it never even enters the game

Why must evert tau flyer be ugly

To sell more suits.

They're fine art lower costs, but sinking points into them doesn't work.
They make decent objective campers, reliable sources of pinning when you have an opponent that can effect, and can threaten monstrous creatures effectively. They just fall short when killing standard troops.

Every 40k flyer is ugly.

Is that gonna be a long barreled burst cannon or a heavy burst cannon?
Will those be cyclic ion rakers or just regular ion blasters?

See IA14 this summer to find out!

The one on the right of the nose looks suspiciously like an Ion Cannon.

Of course it's an ion cannon.
I'm talking about the ones on the wings

>I wouldn't say it is full WAAC
>30+ AP2 Weapons
>Librarius Conclave

You can't defend this, I don't care if you have ObSec or not.

Do they typically announce new things at Warhammer Fest?

Like... new Tyranid codices? Or Ork codices?

>Do they typically announce new things at Warhammer Fest?

Yes

>Like... new Tyranid codices? Or Ork codices?

aHAHAHAHAHAHAHahaHahahaaHaaah....Hah... ahhhh.... No.

The release a bit before it but usually the fest has other stuff going on.

Ork Codex is NOT happening again this edition. Perhaps next year.
In 8th edition

If you are lucky Tyranids right before the new edition hits.

I feel like both of those armies need a Tau treatment. They're basically 5th edition books + model lines.

8e is rumored for September right? Maybe there's hope.

>You can't defend this

To you I suppose, but thankfully we don't play. It is a 3000point list and I am not sure if you play at that point level often but Pure Ravenwing starts to crumble a bit if you don't bring the pain first. It makes for great games with good fights.

Hope you're excited for a Tau vs Admech/RedScorpions Imperial Armour book.

More like Tau vs Red Scorpions vs Admech. Friggin team ditching toasters.

Since list posting is now a thing maybe someone can help me find a way to bring my list to 2k? I've shelved my Sisters and started work on a IA13 Renegades list themed around being Chaos Scions with Covenants of Tzeentch:

Renegade Command Squad
+Autocannon Heavy Weapons Team
+Bloody Handed Reaver
+Covenant of Chaos
+Power Weapon
+Chimera
+Militia Training
+Auto Cannon
Total: 170

Renegade Infantry Veterans
+5 Veterans
+Grenadiers
+Carapace
+2x Hot-shot Volley Guns
+2x Melta
+Champion
+Power Weapon
+Melta Bombs
+Chaos Covenant
+Chimera
+Militia Training
+Autocannon
Total: 265 x 3 Squads = 795

Renegade Hellhound x2
Militia Training x2
Total: 250 (can be run together or seperately due to space in the FA section)

Renegade Leman Russ Exterminator x2
Militia Training x2
Lascannon x2
Multi-melta sponsons x2
Total: 320

Renegade Rapier Laser Destroyer Battery
3 Rapiers
+3 Crewmen
+Militia Training
Total: 74

Renegade Heavy Ordnance Battery
3 Earthshaker Cannons
+12 Crewmen (four per gun)
+Militia Training
Total: 156

Current List Total: 1765

I play Tau, so I welcome any new stuff, but eventually there won't be any races left to play against. There's already no Orks, CSM, or Tyranids in my local tournament meta (one dude keeps bringing Dark Eldar though).

Can anyone think of any particular space marine chapters that are tied especially close to the Admech? I've got a chaos warband called "The Spiders from Mars" and I want to be able to specify what chapter they deserted from. I also want to start a loyalist army soon, and thats the obvious go-to.

Well, the fight is taking place on an old/abandoned forge world, so I don't think AdMech is bailing early this time.

Steel Confessors are the biggest ones.

Iron Hands are the big ones. Their successors and the schism chapter successor Sons of Medusa would also fit pretty well.

Iron Hands
Sons of Medusa
Steel Confessors (literally an official Ad Mech sanctioned chapter)
Storm Wardens
Aurora Chapter

Iron Hands are the obvious ones, didn't want to go there.

Steel Confessors seem pretty great though, reading up now. Cheers.

Any reason you bought Militia Training on the Hellhounds? Templates aren't affected by BS.

It's got 6 barrels, rather than 4, so if the profile already exists, it's going to be heavy and not long. That said, it'll need access to a nova reactor or a special rule to get the nova profile.

Just rip off the head and replace it with maybe a raptor or Warp talon champion head

Some converting later you could make him into a decent Fabius bile proxy, or a burning brand lord maybe. Or just a cool champ, his backpack is worth using

Bloody Handed Reaver makes you take it on anything that can take it. It's a tax.

Fair enough.

8 S6 shots is already pretty good. Even AV12 flyers will have to watch out from getting glanced to death.

What do you guys think of the Tech Priest Dominus? Are they good units, do they feel like a tax? In my experience they have been a solid unit, but others I've talked to have said they really suck.

Honestly considering how much firepower it unlocks in the Vet squads (basically 4 special weapons) I can live with the tax, though I wish the command squad and Disciples could take the Grenadier upgrade too.

I wonder if GW is gonna update FMC with aerial assaults.

So the Tau hold the Damocles Gulf now?

Does that mean Iron Snakes are retconned?

Damocles Gulf got set on fire and is curre tly near impassable.

This made me chuckle.

Tidewall has Identification protocols that keep it from being shot by non-tau models, at least.

I sure as balls am!

Is a jump pack libbie conclave in a power sword vanguard jump squad a bad choice as a deathstar?

Tau still hold many worlds of in the gulf, and still have a large force there. However, the Damocles Gulf is cut off from the main Tau septs and Tau worlds and forces there will have to be self reliant for the forseeable future.

IG riot shields when?

Iron Snakes have a Damocles squad, but that seems to have nothing at all to do with the Damocles Gulf. In fact, the chapter's homeworld isn't even in the same Segmentum.

Trying to figure out which skaven kit is going to be the best proxy for that.

If I wanted to have a C'tan shard based on the void dragon, what model might I want to use?

It's a fighter so good luck.

>Mechanicum
>Horus Heresy

>railgun
>seeker missiles
>ion turrets
>missile pods
Imagine this thing for the players that don't want to use the Death in the Skies expansion.
oh dear

Personally I'd a kitbash of the Mortarch kit using just the mount with some necron bits to make it more canoptek-like.

Even with Death to the Skies, it'll hit ground targets at -1BS. Not an issue for Tau with marker support.

Now, give me some cheap flying transports to get that sweet ObjSec and the reserve bonuses from that Air Superiority detachment.

For the love of the Star Gods, the Damocles Gulf is an inhospitable zone of unstable space. Nobody settles there because they can't.

What you guys mean is the worlds beyond the Gulf which are still fine.

>ObjSec Mantas
AAAAAAAAAAAA

Thing is so big it makes me wonder how many Objs it can Sec at once.

Can someone explain what happened to skew the Eye of Terror campaign results years back?

RAW? Only one

It's effective board presence will make up for that though

The thing I don't get about DttS is that it describes Attack Fighters as being used against ground and air, but they have no benefit for attack air compaired to bombers or basically anything.

I can't figure out why they didn't give them -1bs when shooting air, or basically anything that would imply they are more anti-air than a bomber.

mediafire.com/download/1w7bwdw8l093jl7/Derps_from_the_Skiez.pdf

I've uploaded it for easier Lincolns.

Nurgle is my go to guy but I think if you're going to sink the points into typhus then you need to go big or go home on the zombies and get at least 60-90. Have you considered running the FW guy that gives you even better zombies for cheaper? They move faster and have a 4+ FNP.