WHQ: The Silver Tower Moon Man Edition

Old Thread:

51x brand new highly detailed plastic miniatures, the quality of which there is nothing else like it on the market. Some miniatures are brand new concepts for the army, and will excite many customers! The miniatures have a dynamic single pose and will require glue and assembly (they are not push fit, however easy to put together). The miniatures can be divided into two camps:

The Warhammer Quest Heroes
6x individual Warhammer Quest heroes
Knight Questor – The Paladin (Stormcast Eternal)
Darkoeth Chieftan – The Barbarian (Free People)
Fyreslayer Doomseeker The Dwarf (Dwarf)
Excelsior War priest & Gryph Hound – The header and war priest companion (Free People)
Mistweaver Saith – Female wizad (Aelf)
Tenebrand Shard – The assassin (Aelf)

The Denizens
44x individual Warhammer Quest monsters that live in the Silver Tower. The below list of miniatures make for a great addition or a start of an original Grand Alliance Chaos army!
Gaunt Summoner
Ogroid Traumaturge
2x Skaven Deathrunners
8x Familiars
6x Tzaangors (Beastmen)
8x Kairic Acolytes
2x Pink Horrors

Launch pack with deluxe and limited edition gaming material!

This launch pack contains:

Deluxe soft touch gaming markers
Packs of deluxe holographic hero character cards. Each hero character card pack also contain 4x limited edition hero character cards for additional heroes. These character cards are not in the game and cannot be found anywhere else!
Warhammer Quest: Silver Tower badges (with 6 designs)
Warhammer Quest: Silver Tower art cards

Other urls found in this thread:

wquest.free.fr/
mediafire.com/?kcz6v2ks0w3w18q
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Warhammer_Quest
youtube.com/watch?v=nRWutV-6FCA
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Limited edition Launch Pack Contents.

>literally Shilling general

>highly detailed plastic miniatures
>Age of Sigmar

The text is from an announcement from GW to retailers. I thought anons who play traditional games would be interested primarily in being informed about the exclusive launch packs.

I use to play Warhammer Quest quite often growing up in the 1990s and I am excited about this release though not thrilled about the Age of Sigmar setting.

Ignore the trolls and shitposters, they just live for the (you).

So how about to post in AoS thread?
>I use to play Warhammer Quest quite often growing up in the 1990s and I am excited about this release though not thrilled about the Age of Sigmar setting.
Nice try shill but you are lying, people who really play traditional games prefer Dexcent, not poor designed AoS board game.

It's board named Veeky Forums, not /wh/.

That poor English...
Slav, is that you?

Oh cool this might be fun.
>based on Age of Sigmar
Never mind.

>prefer Descent

Have they told us the MSRP yet? I have ten bucks set on 120+ USD.

Murica MSRP is $150 USD. The box is heavy the cheapest I have been able to find it so far is $135 shipping included from www.docsgamesstore.com but they don't have the launch packs.

I am debating paying full retail at the local GW store and selling the exclusives on ebay.

So how about to post in AoS thread?

Because this is a separate distinct game set in the same universe.

>Because this is a separate distinct game set in the same universe.
So? We didn't have Necromunda thread outside 40k general.

>I am debating paying full retail at the local GW store
Yup. Definitely not a shill.

So? We are having one now.

Nope, it's literally dead thread.

You fucking retard. If there was a FLGS with the exclusives I would go there. There isn't. 1 is nearly out of business and the other won't order enough to qualify for the exclusives. If I see the exclusives I can off set the full MSRP shit that GW offers and still be cheaper then internet sales. If you can find it cheaper please post. Otherwise fuck off.

>I am not shilling, I just want to spam how it's cool to pay full price for GW game with bad models and poor game-design.

I never played Warhammer Quest. How does this game work? Like the TT but on small scale?

Like Descent, but worse

I didn't play Descent either. Never even heard of it. Total newbie here.

Like Dungeon Crawl

Stop /wh/ining then

It might aswell be.

Core version vs core version, you'd be right.
With expansions, the quality is more on the side of WHQ.

Because some shill say it?

No, because everything revolves around 40k anyways.

>Warhammer
>Better quality than FFG
Nope, the whole point of all those standalone games is "Warhammer".

You mean shitton unrelated with tabletop games threads about BL?

What does Boys Love have to do with this?

>statueshit
no

>What does Boys Love have to do with this?
Well all Warhammer settings is about this.

Wow, it's nice to know we have finally gotten around to elect an official that can speak for gamers everwhere! Because it just makes sense that every single gamer in the world shares the exact same sentiment as you.

>shill pretending to be one of Veeky Forums anons

I'm going to have to call the operations center because on the spread sheet it's my day to shill GW products on Veeky Forums.

The chair is against the wall. I say again the chair is against the wall. This is Agent Rogers ShillID: 2687339. You are not an authorized operator on this station. Confirm you wilco.

Why are we getting 8 familiar if the 4 distinct models have names?

I'm going to buy the specific minis I want from resellers who break up the box. Otherwise, not going to bother.

From dakka

>"After taking a "heart-breaking" look of our demo copy and reading the rules, we have cut our order of WHQ by 70%. We advise caution in purchasing this product to ensure you know exactly what you are getting (or in this case, not getting). "

Myself I´m only interested in the Tzeentch minis so I dont give a fuck about the game.

I would like more info then that. If it is because it is similiar in name only to the orginal Warhammer Quest I could live with that if its still a fun game.

I like the concept of WHQ very much (big into Descent), but I think I'd rather just play the old one... :

I´m gonna guess it´s from some WHQ purist by the sound of it, but you never know.

I would buy this just for the tzeentch beastmen, horrors and the big monsters. The heroes aren't bad either, honestly.

>half naked dark eldar is good
>black warpriest is good
>farseer is good
kek
Also, I always wonder why people wasn't able to paint their beastmen in same colour scheme before?

I have pieced together a copy for about $150 on eBay. Took me a few months and I have no box but it is complete. I was 15 when WHQ came out in 1994 and was already heavily into D&D, 40K and WFB. If I was calling the shots it would be true to the orginal and set in the Old World. But I'm not going to hate it if it's different game. As long as it's fun.

>bad rules = fun

You could have Tzeentch aligned beastmen before. 5th or 6th edition.

I actually have a bluegrey Tzeentch themed beastmen army. I´m pretty excited that GW made some an actual Tzaangors, never thought I would see the day.

>I hate it because it has male characters that show skin and a black guy!

Kek indeed user.

And obviously people can paint their beastmen any way they want, but furry goatman looks shitty in a parrot colour scheme compared to feathered birdman, duh.

>I´m pretty excited that GW made some an actual Tzaangors
Because you never knew that you could paint beastmen in blue colour scheme?

>The diablo 2 paladin mini isn't awesome
>You can't just replace the stormcast and the gay dorf with a Brettonian knigga and a proper Slayer

Not going to lie I'm probably going to go on ebay and try to get 3 of the barbarian for a nice 4 man barb party because fuck magic

Jesus christ were you dropped on your head as a kid? They're bird beastmen!

Saying you can paint the regular beastmen blue is like saying you can paint bloodletters blue and pretend they're horrors. Obviously you can do that, but it looks lame compared to the real thing.

>I am love blacks sooooo much because I am progressive new-male
>compared to feathered birdman, duh.
Pshhh... it's the same bestigor you always can paint fur like fluff or feathers

>>The diablo 2 paladin mini isn't awesome
Nope.
>>You can't just replace the stormcast and the gay dorf with a Brettonian knigga and a proper Slayer
So? I will still have models from WoW.
>Obviously you can do that, but it looks lame compared to the real thing.
For kid who never heard about hobby and modelism.

does the limited edition stuff come out tomoz or next week cus I'm going war hammer fest and don't want to buy on ebay??

So is there any reason why I should get this over something like Descent ?

Stormcasts, new warpriest.

I need like 20 of these. How many come in the board game and will they be purchasable separate of the game?

I haven't seen the rules yet or a play through or even a review. Just lots of glamor shots of the components.

Yeah, and you can paint your high elves black and call them dark elves too. I hope you're trolling because otherwise you're one dumb fuck.

Better miniatures? Superior AoS IP?

>Superior AoS IP?

Though you've got a point about the miniatures. If you like 'em, get 'em. I'm already spotting some I'll buy in bits off eBay for other purposes entirely.

>AoS is my first wargame, so I never try paint models better than in Citadel painting book

They are highly detailed, just terrible

>black warpriest is good
>literally complaining about the paintscheme on a model as if you're forced to copy it
The tzeentch models are pretty sweet. I dig the cultists.

>Buying miniatures are for little kids, I sculpt everything from scratch.

Had a playthrough of the game - game is cool. Has a combination of several other boardgames i like.

The birdmen look dope.

I was going to clean this up better but i figured that i already put more effort into it than who ever CAD sculpted the sigmarines in the first place

Any chance you've played Shadows of Brimstone? If so, think it's better or worse?

Link?

The sigmarine models don't snap my rectum as much as they do for some. They look like marines, that's fine. Marines look cool.

I think the gold/bronze colour scheme is kind of boring though. Painting them up in more classical greek statue marble with aged cracks wold be a neat interpretation of the eternal warrior vibe they go for.

There is nothing wrong with Stormcasts.

In of themselves no, in fantasy they not only don't fit the aesthetic but the lore is super shoehorned in and is so out there it tries to over shadow everything else because they're so awesome ecksdee

>in fantasy they not only don't fit the aesthetic

There is no Fantasy aesthetic. Each and every army has it's own look. Stormcasts have their own look.

>the lore

Has nothing to do with how they look.
Of course they received a push, they're a new army.

Hulking armored space men with huge space mariney pauldrons don't fit with the more or less old world look. As for the lore they completely shit all over the Empire of Man and basically have them play second fiddle because Sigmar deems it.

>Hulking armored space men with huge space mariney pauldrons don't fit with the more or less old world look.

And big aztec dinosaurs don't fit with the old world look.
And egyptian skeletons don't fit with the old world look.
And edgy elves coated with razors don't fit with the old world look.
And wildly colorful demons from beyond time and space don't fit the old world look.
And who looks more old world, crazy quilt knights or puffy pantaloon professional soldiers?

Everyone has their own aesthetic.

>As for the lore they completely shit all over the Empire

The Empire has been dead for thousands of years at this point. And again, the lore has no bearing on how they look.

Thread has at least put me into a mood for getting a group together for some oWHQ with friends, run through the Vassal client. :3

I expect one should be able to run shit freely, and freeform new modules just using the RNG dice in the client and book pdfs?

wquest.free.fr/

Deathblow 1-3 pdf 7-zip 89 MB file:
mediafire.com/?kcz6v2ks0w3w18q

White Dwarf and Citadel Journal articles can be found here:
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Warhammer_Quest

I'm seeing similarities, and I'm liking what I see.

their helmets are garbage
the sigmarunes on the parchment looks terrible

easy to fix, but problems nonetheless

New video explaining some of the rules:

youtube.com/watch?v=nRWutV-6FCA

Looks like you roll four dice, place them on the four squares on your character sheet, then spend them to activate different abilities. Basic attacks require 1+ ie. any die, but better abilities require you to spend a die with a higher number. When you take damage you place damage markers on the die squares, meaning you'll have fewer dice to choose from for your abilities.

Limited edition stuff seems to be exclusive to preordering from stores. I imagine that ordering from them will also get you the Empire Wizard hero card GW is offering.

I wouldn't be surprised if a lot of what is in the game makes it way to clampakcs and kits in either the same form or slightly different, probably won't be for a while though.

Fantasy doesn't matter because it's for all intents and purposes a separate universe.

GW went for them because despite Veeky Forums liking HFY and historicals, the Empire has simply shown itself to not be a good posterboy while Warriors of Chaos and Space Marines have.

>posts WH
>on the WH board
>shill
>literally shit: the post

Lurk moar n00b.

Barbarian on the bottom looks like he's wearing aviators.

On one hand, I grew up with Heroquest and Warhammer Quest and have a lot of nostalgia.
On the other, GW prices and AOS aesthetic are enough to turn me off just about anything. Hard choice.

I don't dare to preorder, since it's GW.
I'm gonna wait for the reviews and if it has enough randomly generated stuff which offers like unlimited replayability, im gonna go for it. I really like the minis.

>Packs of deluxe holographic hero character cards. Each hero character card pack also contain 4x limited edition hero character cards for additional heroes. These character cards are not in the game and cannot be found anywhere else!

Unless you are at my local GW store, where the manager has opened the card packs, and you can only get the extra characters by buying the AoS model that represents the hero.

So preordering the game doesn't get you the actual good bit of the preorder bonus...

Dungeon layout is randomly generated.

Monsters appear based on randomly generated tables.

Skills are and treasures are drawn from a random deck of cards.

Also random events and appearances of the 4 familiars can happen at the start of a new round (similiar to the old winds of magic roll)

>Posting for free
Literally why, presented by Wayland Games.

What in the fuck?