Dragon Ball Tuffle Quest Z #32

>You are Maple Son-Mahogany, one of two young Tuffle twins thrown at Earth starting in early Dragon Ball by your "father," Dr. Raichi

>"Canon" had already taken a sharp turn from the "norm" when you began, and through your actions, choices, and dialogue, took even further turns from the "norm," and will probably continue to do so

>Stats and dice mechanics are used, and can be explained again as needed

>Let's all try to have some fun, ok?

And a pastebin:

pastebin.com/9V3ics9F

Last time, on Dragon Ball Tuffle Quest Z! You successfully managed to get Kami and Piccolo revived after having a chat with Lazuli, but a surprise visit from one of Towa's minions leaves you stranded on a far-off planet! However, an encounter with an equally stranded Ginyu Force has secured your ticket off the planet with help from a surprising familiar face...

youtu.be/NLOxUvbGG1I

Other urls found in this thread:

fanfiction.net/s/9996283/1/A-Different-Kind-of-Truth
youtube.com/watch?v=x6C_Zj_J7tM
youtu.be/24Nf57XYUn8?t=275
twitter.com/AnonBabble

You smile wide at the new visitor. "It's been years, hasn't it, Hassan?"

The man grins back widely. "AH AH! SO IT HAS! SMART GIRL, NOT AS SMALL AS BEFORE. CAMELS HAVE BEEN MUCH USE, YES?"

"They were a good deal, and continue to be one." you respond with a quick giggle. "Er... what exactly are you doing out here? Usual business?"

"YES, USUAL! MANY PLANET NOT HAVE CAMELS, I SELL FOR GREAT PRICE! VERY CHEAP, VERY RELIABLE, PLENTY OF MILES LEFT IN THEM!"

The Ginyus stare in disbelief. "...Captain, are you sure we have to take this ship?"

"Come now, Jeice! We've met stranger ones. Remember the one with the green stick people?" Burter comments.

Ginyu himself rubs his chin. "...what exactly is a 'camel?'"

As if on cue, one grunts and nudges Recoome. You... aren't even sure where that came from. You swear it wasn't there a second ago. "Ey Captain, I think it likes me!"

>A. You guys should get some. Really good deals!
>B. Wait... how ARE you out here, Hassan?
>C. Spaceship. Leave planet. Please.
>D. Something else?

Hype! And I gotta go back to work, fuuuuuuck!

Hi Kato!

>'I'm Maple Son Mahogany and this is my shop in the galaxy'

Quick question dudes
Should we be looking for it?
Thanks.

Can we investigate more on our camels?

We should tell him about their bioman capture and their other strange events.

You are Maple Son-Mahogany, and right now, this is your favorite shop in the galaxy. You look back to the Ginyus. "Guys, you should totally buy some. I got three several years ago, and they have never disappointed." ...come to think of it. You scoot closer to the used camel salesman. "Say, Hassan, where DID you get those camels from? They're a much better... er, deal than I'd expected. Helped save some folks asses several times back on Earth."

"IS BIG SECRET! TRADE SECRET! SOME I GET FROM BLUE MAN, SOME FROM OTHER PEOPLE!" Oh, right. Hassan has no inside voice. "BUT YES, VERY GOOD DEAL! USUSALLY I SELL CAMELS FOR 50 EACH, BUT CRAAAAZY HASSAN HAS SPECIAL BULK OFFER FOR FIVE TECHNICOLOR ALIENS!"

"Only 50, each?" Ginyu comments aloud. "Why, you'd have to pay twice that for a small pet back on Freeza Planet 44." He gives it a moment's thought. "Ginyu Force, huddle!"

The five talk amongst themselves on making the purchase, giving you a moment to ask some more pressing questions to the merchant. "Wait a minute... Hassan, how DID you get out here? I mean, I'm not gonna look a gift camel in the mouth, but aren't you from Earth?"

"CRAZY HASSAN GOT SHIP FROM BUYER AS TRADE FOR SNOW CAMELS! WAS GOOD DEAL, CAMEL CAN CROSS DESERT AND SNOW, NO TROUBLE!" He gestures wildly as he talks. "AND WITH SHIP, MEANS MORE CUSTOMERS! ONCE TRIED TO SELL CAMELS TO BLUE LADY, SHE TURNED DOWN OFFER. VERY SAD, WAS CHEAP PRICE FOR LARGE CAMEL."

(cont.)

Wait a second... okay that has to have been Towa. Probably. Well, serves her right. The Ginyus continue to mumble amongst themselves.

"Yeah but what would we ever do with them?"

"But this one likes me!"

"Jeice come on, only 50, each? How can you turn down that kind of deal?"

"That's the regular price. He'll sell them for even cheaper." Ginyu looks over at Hassan. "We're thinking on buying, how much?"

"SPECIAL BULK PACKAGE, HALF, FIVE FOR 25 EACH!"

You and Ginyu stare at the man, then at each other. The purple, horned alien stands tall. "Crazy Hassan, we don't know how you're making a profit on these, but it's too good of a deal to pass up. We'll take it! Put it on the tab for the Ginyu Force!"

Hassan takes out a small electronic pad and jots some things down. "VERY GOOD DEAL, YOU ARE AS SMART AS YOU ARE HANDSOME, MY PURPLE COW FRIEND!"

"Thank you." Ginyu says with a grin.

In the negotiations, you and Ginyu mention the need to leave the planet, sooner rather than later. Hassan explains that he still has some buyers to deliver camels to, but would be happy to take you all to his next stop. Even offers to let you rest up in the ship.

>A. Maple need rest, ship might have comfy beds
>B. Stay up for a while, you've only been awake for... over a day
>C. Something else?

>"If we run into trouble, can you just throw me in an escape pod instead of waking me uuuuuzzzzzzzzzzzzzz...."

>Thank Hasan for his generosity, and A

>C. "The hell's an MSK?"

>>A. Maple need rest, ship might have comfy beds

Very funny, user.

>>C. Something else?

Sleep cuddled up to a camel!

We haven't even bought one. If we do buy one, I vote to call it Flo, after Doc Ock's fourth tentacle.

It would be Shemp, the fourth Stooge.

>C. Hey, if y'all get bored, my friend lent me these historical books to peruse.

>not posing for the Captain
We already did for the rest of the squad.

"Hey, Hassan, thanks a bunch. I'm... gonna get some rest, it's been a looooong day." Maple need comfy bed. Please let there be comfy bed.

"IS NO TROUBLE, SMART GIRL! HASSAN TREAT CUSTOMERS WELL!" he responds while flashing two thumbs up.

You float inside Hassan's ship, looking around it. After a bit of searching, you spot a rest area mostly occupied by some of his camels, but there's at least one bed that's empty. You quickly hop on and start to doze off, switching to something a bit more comfortable with the Clothes Beam.

As you rest, you start to dream. Ah, back home, with Goku and the kids. Back... home. Where even are you right now? How far away is the Earth? It's... it's got to be far away, based on what that one minion of Towa's said. How long will it take for you to get back? And... is everyone else even still on Namek?

'Aha, there you are!'

Wait a minute... that voice... King Kai?!

'For a second there I thought she might've dropped you into another quadrant. Wouldn't want East or West Kai to start complaining about it.'

>A. King Kai, where is everyone?
>B. How far am I from home?
>C. While I'm out here... any planets you suggest to head towards?
>D. So... I may have sort of teamed up with the Ginyu Force...
>E. Something else?

>A, B, C and D

How are they doing? Can King Kai tell them that Maple is safe for the moment, but just displaced?

>>A. King Kai, where is everyone?
>>B. How far am I from home?

You buy camel
Camel only 50MSK
Camel good price

Rolled 16 (1d20)

Was that a mod/janny delete?
Bad mod/janny. There is no rule against impersonating a tripcode (for a non-moderator).

anyway imma roll for good sleep.

Nah, just deleted it because I had my fun.

>C. While I'm out here... any planets you suggest to head towards?

Get Equpped with Instant Transmission

(8bit sprite art of Maple teleporting)

Rolled 13 (1d20)

Rolling for ship to not blow up

Oh woops.
Sorry for getting outraged over nothing.

Kato, is there any truth to the rumor that Bob's Bar & Boilerplate might be staging a hostile takeover of Gus' Galaxy Grill?

I wonder if Zenithia exists in this universe? Or at least an alternate timeline?

It occurs to me that we need Camels that transform into Magical Camels with mad stylin' outfits who can use their powers to summon oases, predict markets, and navigate to trade ports.

First, we need to clothes beam them some space suits and space bubble helmets with drool tubes.

NOT RAD ENOUGH!
We need '80s space latex!

The 50's were pretty rad. People in that time had constant fear of how rad it could be!

That's lookin' mad stylin'.

We need camels that transform into outfits like that.

Thank the gods, literally! 'King Kai, where is everyone? How far from home am I? And-'

'Woah woah, slow down kiddo. Let's see... well, you were the last of your group that I found. The good news is that everyone's safe... for now. You weren't the only one to end up like this. Goku, Chiaotzu, and Lazuli are all off Namek. Chiaotzu was transported to Planet Brench, or Cooler Planet 98 as it's called now. Lazuli's been transported to what was once Planet Kanassa, before Saiyans took it over for Freeza, making it Freeza Planet 419. Goku is... the closest to you, on planet Gelbo. Yamcha, Pantea, Bulma, and Trip are all still on Namek. The thing is you're all far from Earth, a month or more by ship. However, I might have a solution...' The way he finishes that gives you a bit of hope.

Oh. Wait. 'Er... King Kai? I may have also sort of... made an alliance with the Ginyu Force?' The response to that bit of telepathic communication takes longer than you like it to. '...King Kai?'

'Ah... damn it. Well, that complicates things.' he grumbles. 'They just got rid of those villains, I doubt they'd want them back. Hrm... Krillin and Lapis might be revived soon, and the skill might take too long to teach them unless they're okay with staying dead for a few more months. Although...' He seems to run off to find someone. 'Olibu, I know it's a bit unorthodox, but think you'll be fine helping out Earth one last time?'

Olibu? That name seems... somewhat familiar. 'What were you going to suggest, King Kai? And, would... would you mind letting us all know we're all safe?'

'Heh, sure, Maple. And what I was going to suggest was heading to planet Yardrat. You're the first one to have gotten a ship aside from the one on Namek, so you'd be able to head there first. But... Ginyus being with you complicates things.'

>A. What should I do then?
>B. Wait, you know that teleport technique?
>C. Ask to speak with Krillin or Lapis for a moment
>D. What about Earth?
>E. Something else?

>D. What about Earth?

>E. Hold on, I'd like to know what happened with that last wish. Is the Earth restored, at least?

>E. Wait what do you mean "they just got rid of those villains?"

So Towa now has Nightcrawler's trick at her disposal? Dang.

>C. Ask to speak with Krillin or Lapis for a moment
Hi Krillin, Hi Lapis. Either of you wanna stay with King Kai for a bit? Note that you can only stay at max 1 year tho.

>E. Something else?
Ask him to get in touch with Auntie Baba. Auntie Baba can apparently bring people back from the dead for 1 day to fight for her.

>E. No matter, I'll have you know that I am a master of disguise and stealth.

Wonder if we can do all this.

Probs not.

I bet long-distance telepathy all the way to where we are from King Kai's world is hella expensive.

The real question is if George Takai is on the line listening to it.

>E. Who's Olibu?

Let's get a social link with Olibu!

>Let's get a social link with Olibu!
Ha, silly user, everyone knows you can't social link with the dead!

>Ha, silly user, everyone knows you can't social link with the dead!
I disagree.

Speaking of social links, who here reads that Steel Ball Run x Persona 4 Golden crossover?

>Steel Ball Run x Persona 4 Golden crossover
Explain further

Johnny and Gyro pretty much replace the Persona 4 protagonist and the battles are a lot bloodier and mind-warping.

Here: fanfiction.net/s/9996283/1/A-Different-Kind-of-Truth

'Wait, you know that teleport technique too, King Kai?' Well, this just got interesting.

'That I do!' he replies proudly. 'It might take some work, but Olibu here might just be able to learn it. Or Krillin or Lapis, but I don't know if they want to stay dead for so long.'

'Who is this "Olibu?" His name seems familiar...'

'A warrior from Earth, thousands of years in the past. Many legends are based on him, I think there's even a cartoon on the planet going on right now based on his legends. He's one of my best students! I could teach him the skill and then have him get you all back to Earth, with Baba's help, of course.'

'Smart thinking, King Kai! Actually... mind if I talk with Lapis and Krillin for a bit, too?'

'Eh? Well, sure.' There's the sound of shuffling, Krillin and Lapis appearing in your mind, halos above their heads.

'Guys, you're following all this too, right?'

'Yeah, we've got the gist of it.' Lapis comments. '...I might not be able to read your mind, but I can certainly tell what you're thinking. I'm on board. Krillin?'

'You bet. King Kai, we'll do our best to learn this "Instant Transmission" skill. Heh, Kami and I already got the Spirit Bomb down, didn't we?'

(cont.)

Wait, Kami? Oh, shit, right! 'Ah, guys! The Earth! Towa has some big plans in store, it seems. We've gotta prepare for it. And... er, did the last wish on the Namekian Dragon Balls get used?'

You hear a laugh. 'They're well aware. In fact... well, heh, Chuu Lee might surprise you when you get back. Everyone might. And the last wish was used to restore the Earth's condition. Churai would just teleport you all back, so Sanzo had to make a call in order for her not to gain access to a wish.'

'So... what should I do now?'

'Well... you'll need to get away from the Ginyu Force soon, and do your best to meet up with someone. Try for a space port, or maybe...' He takes a moment. 'Aha, Guss' Galaxy Grill! That'll be a good stop. Just don't order the special.'

You're woken up by a nudge from... a very sad-looking Guldo. "Maple, is your Scouter in range yet?"

You groggily rise and check. There's nothing. "Sorry."

He hangs his head and mumbles in a depressed tone, "Damn it, I'm the wait is killing me..."

You rub your eyes. "How... long has it been?"

"About half a day, you were out like a rock." he responds.

>A. Where's Hassan? I think we should make a bit of a pit stop
>B. Wait for what? Something you're missing out on?
>C. ...you know, I might be able to help build you guys a new one, if we have the parts
>D. Something else?

>D. You know, I have something that might keep your interest for a while.
>de-capsule that manga

Kato Q.

The dragon can't grant any more power than it has

But if the dragon can restore the Earth

and the Earth can be used to produce a good 2 million PL worth of fun fruit

then does that mean the dragon has a PL of at least 2 million?

>A. Where's Hassan? I think we should make a bit of a pit stop
>C. ...you know, I might be able to help build you guys a new one, if we have the parts

Well, you pretty much nailed it right there, user.

The Ginyu Tokusentai might be psychotic murderers but they are charismatic so I want to be their friend.

But then HOW DID KING PICCOLO DESTROY IT IN CANON?

If it can rebuild the Earth and the Earth has enough PL to launch the goddamn Buu spirit bomb, then the Earth dragon should be at least as strong as the goddamn Buu spirit bomb

fuckin

NUMBERS

how they work

>you mistyped the CAPTCHA, or the CAPTCHA malfunctioned [complain here].

fuckin

CAPTCHA

how they work

Very funny.

>The Ginyu Tokusentai might be psychotic murderers
Hey, we've all been there.

I like [s4s]
btw I am eating fresh spring onions right now. They are delicious but they make my mouth and tongue burn a bit and the burning gets more intense with every sprig I eat, do you know if I can fix this somehow?

keep going

I think you might be giving me some rood advice there fellow poster.

ok now my tummy is starting to sting a little

I declare that you are now "LASER Kato" because your friendcode has "LASr" in it

go to sleep
requiescat in pace et in amore

youtube.com/watch?v=x6C_Zj_J7tM

I now want to see what the tripcode #Onion gives me as my friendcode.

You stretch a little and get out of the bed, hopping down. "Mngh... where's Hassan? Got a place we should take a pit stop at."

Guldo shrugs. "Probably counting his money somewhere. That was a LOT of cash he made."

Eh, you can find him yourself. "Say, what are you waiting for? You missing something?"

"My show! Oh I'm going to be several episodes behind..." he mumbles, walking out.

Ah. Wish you took those comics Pantea brought with her with you for this, might improve his spirits. ...Actually, "...you know, if I can get the right parts, I might be able to make a few Scouters for you guys."

Guldo's expression changes to one of surprise. "You... you can do that?"

You place your hands on your hips. "Hah, of course! This one's been improved by myself and my friend Bulma, after all."

Guldo grabs your arm and starts running, a smile back on his face. "Then what're you waiting for? Come on, let's tell the Captain!"

You quickly Clothes Beam something more presentable on as you run with him, finding the Ginyus together... with five camels that seem to match them all. Guldo explains that you'll be able to build some new Scouters for them, raising the whole team's spirits. Ginyu himself finds such a thing unusual, wondering where you picked up the skill, but shrugging it off. Your Scouter DID seem modified.

>A. Try to give them copies of your own
>B. Scan their minds to see if you can make a good enough replica of the ones they use
>C. Let Hassan know to take a stop at Guss' Galaxy Grill when he gets the chance
>D. Something else?

>Ah. Wish you took those comics Pantea brought with her with you for this, might improve his spirits
Meanwhile you've crushed mine. Seriously, who doesn't keep their borrowed manga on their person in a capsule?

>>B. Scan their minds to see if you can make a good enough replica of the ones they use
>>C. Let Hassan know to take a stop at Guss' Galaxy Grill when he gets the chance

>C.

>D. Should we bring up the fact that the PTO is breaking copyright law with Tuffle Scouters?

>B. Scan their minds to see if you can make a good enough replica of the ones they use
>C. Let Hassan know to take a stop at Guss' Galaxy Grill when he gets the chance

>D. No. Never been funny. Never gonna be funny.

...I wasn't treating it as a joke...

...Well, not too much, anyway.

If there was a copyright on scouters, then the Saiyans got it when they conquered Plant, and by now, all scouters fall under Fair Use since the copyright has not been renewed.

Okay, mind rolling me 1d20, best of five? DC is 10.

yes

Rolled 19 (1d20)

Rollin'

Rolled 4 (1d20)

youtu.be/24Nf57XYUn8?t=275

Rolled 19 (1d20)

No whammy

Rolled 20 (1d20)

Rolled 12 (1d20)

Rolled 14 (1d20)

plz 1

Rolled 3 (1d20)

Maple, damn, Maple calm down

...welp.

Writing...

>We make scouters that are TOO good
>They tell the user the range of a target's recorded power level, making it impossible for that target to hide by concealment

We're not ditching these guys, right? At least, not without telling them we're leaving? I mean, if we wanted to be especially cruel, we could tell them all that we've heard good things about the special, and order a salad cuz we've been feeling kinda fat.

We read the SHIT out of their minds! We know EVERYTHING!

After giving Hassan mention to head to Guss' Galaxy Grill when you get the chance, you get to work on developing new Scouters for the Ginyus, using what you can piece together from their memories. Seems they had a new model developed by the PTO, able to sense higher Power Levels and more resistant to damage, while also lacking some of the flaws in previous ones. It's not exactly up to the same level as your own, but... ah, what the hell, might as well give them some minor upgrades too. While it takes about a month of travel, Hassan making a few stops from planet to planet for his business, you're able to use some of the ship's spare parts, replicating what ones you can't find on your own, and finishing it all up.

All five of them are impressed by your work, you even make a unique one for Guldo. It's capable of all the same features as before, with true overload protection and capable of reading higher Power Levels. You also do some work improving your own, raising its limit to 100 million! ...which you're sure isn't even close to the limits of Beelzebub, or Towa, but it might be close to at least Freeza's limit.

You're also informed via King Kai of some more... troubling revelations. He's been watching Ledgic's movements since you made the suggestion that he leave Imecka, and while he seemed to have merely sought out the few strong opponents he could, none really could match him. More troubling, he's completely disappeared by the end of the month, off to another galaxy, perhaps even quadrant of the universe. He's tried to warn the other Kais about this, but it's resulted in some... arguments.

(cont.)

What's more, even if Krillin and Lapis did want to return to Earth immediately, one of the Dragon Balls has gone missing, nowhere to be found. Your brother and Auntie Baba have tried scrying for it thrice now, first time it appeared in the Pirate Cave again, somehow, the second time it seemed to be in the possession of one of Garlic Jr.'s men, and the third time it was in a floating castle... that keeps changing location, much like Konpei's. They still haven't located it, but Acer promises to you and everyone else that they will.

Finally you manage to take a stop at Guss' Galaxy Grill, Hassan staying in the ship while you and the Ginyus take some time to get some grub. Among the ships parker at the place, you notice an interesting one, and rush the Ginyus inside before they notice; a Galactic Patrol ship, and not Jaco's. A red saucer, wonder if you've seen it before.

As you sit down with the Ginyus, between the Captain and Jeice, you're all given menus. Let's see...

"Oooh, they have Carmine Balls!" the round, green alien comments.

"Guldo we're here for dinner, not desert." Burter mumbles.

Jeice looks up. "Oh right, waiter, three space sodas! On me!" He then nudges you in the shoulder and winks. "Now we're even, Maple."

"Hah, thanks, Jeice." you laugh. Ah, should get some food...

>A. Try the Soup
>B. What's a "Carmine Ball?"
>C. Chapuline bites? That sounds kinda tasty
>D. Chirp steak? Well, if it's a steak...
>E. You know... maybe a salad would be good
>F. Fried Bombus sandwich? Sounds pretty good
>G. ...screw it, order the Special!
>H. Something else?

>B. What's a "Carmine Ball?"
>F. Fried Bombus sandwich? Sounds pretty good

>>B. What's a "Carmine Ball?"

>H. Tuffle Steak? This is an outrage!

I doubt there are many Saiyan chefs alive out there, much less those who know how to make Saiyan short pork.