Dragonball Quest #1

The sun rises over the forest you call home, illuminating everything and ushering in the start of a beautiful new day.

In the small building where you've lived all of your life, you sit up in your bed, stretching your arms and yawning as you take a quick look around your room. Everything is right where you left it last night; your canteen is on the dresser across the room, along with your only other set of clothes.

You hop out of bed and walk over to the dresser, changing and grabbing your canteen before heading outside.

You've been alone here for a while. Four years ago, when you were eight, your parents were killed by some creature. Since then, you've been left to fend for yourself.

Your name is Tofoo, and this is the beginning of your adventure.

>>youtube.com/watch?v=BT1Dp69D7q0

>>Information

This quest, as the title suggests, takes place in the world of Dragon Ball. You're playing as a twelve year old boy named Tofoo, and will adventure through the story of the Dragonball series alongside characters such as Goku, Yamcha, Bulma, Tien, and many others. Through your actions, you can make significant changes to the story, and perhaps even become the strongest fighter on Earth.

>Rules

At the end of each update you'll have ten minutes to vote on options. Write-ins are allowed, but I do reserve the right to veto them.

Rolls will be used on certain occasions, such as attempting a technique for the first time or attempting something extremely difficult. You will have three rolls, and if one succeeds, you succeed. There are no crits.

I hope everyone has fun.

You step out of your home and take a look around. You can hear the birds singing in the trees, and see a few of them flying high above you.

You don't see any other animals, but experience has shown you that they are usually close by. And many encounters with them have made you stronger than most of them.

A rumbling in your stomach tells you that it's time for breakfast.

You know of a tree that bears delicious fruits nearby, which would make for an easy meal. But, you also know there are plenty of animals good for eating to be found.

Then again, you're a little thirsty. Maybe you should go to the creek and fill up your canteen.

>A. Go to the fruit tree

>B. Go hunting

>C. Go to the creek

>C. Go to the creek

>>A. Go to the fruit tree
Solves both being hungry and thirsty

>A. Go to the fruit tree
Didn't we have this thread yesterday?

Yeah, but, starting over for reasons.

Wait, no. C'mon guys I liked where we were last time. Why you breaking the chain?

>A. Go to the fruit tree

You're more hungry than thirsty, and the fruit tree is an easy trip that can solve your hunger problem rather quickly.

You rush off into the woods, covering the short distance to the tree in a few short minutes and finding some tasty looking fruits hanging from it, waiting to be taken and consumed. Approaching the tree, you jump up and pluck an apple from the tree, landing and taking a bite.

As you ready yourself for another jump, you hear the sound of wings flapping above you. Looking up, you spot a massive shape quickly descending. It draws closer, and you identity it as a pterodactyl.

You jump back so it doesn't land on you, and the large creature chuckles at you.

"Hey there, kid," it greets. "Looks like I'm just in time for breakfast."

You've played this game before. Pterodactyls are pretty tough, but you can take this one.

It takes a step forward. "I hope you aren't planning on running. It'll just make things harder for you."

He thinks you're weak, so an attack could catch him off-guard. But, if you decide to run, you know you can escape. There are plenty of good hiding spaces nearby.

But, you shouldn't need to run away, and this thing might make a good lunch.

>A. Fight

>B. Run

I'm legitimately confused, I thought /qst/ was added because of all the quests on Veeky Forums

>A. Fight

>A. Fight

>>A. Fight

You aren't running. Years on your own have helped you learn to fight. You can take this bully no problem.

The pterodactyl laughs as you step forward. "You're dumber than you look, kid. You should have run away."

You rush forward and punch the creature in the gut. It lets out a surprised "oof!" and hunches over, bringing its hands to its gut and closing one eye.

"What in the...you're gonna pay for that!" he shouts before jumping and kicking at you with one of its clawed feet.

You leap back, escaping without injury, but your shirt isn't so lucky, winding up with a nice cut that pretty much means its ruined.

Darn it, you only had two of those.

The pterodactyl flaps its wings, lifting off the ground and rising above the tree. You know what's coming, and so as it swoops down toward you, you have time to choose how to respond.

>A. Jump up and kick it in the face, it should fall into the tree and bang its head.

>B. Try and jump up on its back

>C. Jump out of the way, then attack from behind when it lands

>B. Try and jump up on its back

>>A. Jump up and kick it in the face, it should fall into the tree and bang its head.

>A. Jump up and kick it in the face, it should fall into the tree and bang its head.

>Tell it you're going to make it into a leather shirt.

>B.
Go for the spine

This probably goes without saying, but in the event of a deadlock, the next of the tied options to get a vote wins.

>B

Why are you doing yet another dragonball quest, som
You're not very good at it

As the pterodactyl swoops, you jump, and the creature catches nothing but empty air. You, on the other hand, land right on its back, and grab on as it flies through the air.

It looks back, eyes wide. "H-hey, what are you doing up there? Get off of me!"

You laugh, then see that the pterodactyl is flying right for another tree. With its focus on you, it doesn't realize where its going, and does nothing to get out of the way.

You jump off the pterodactyl's back, and he glare down at you before looking forward. You can't see his face, but you imagine he looks quite shocked as he barrels head-first into the tree.

He falls back, landing upside-down and looking at you through half-open eyes. His tongue hangs from his mouth, and he lets out a single groan before going silent.

You've won. But, now you're down a shirt, and you only had two sets of clothes to begin with.

Still, lately you've been getting too big for your old clothes. You could probably use some new ones. Back when your parents were still around, they mentioned a village that wasn't too far away, maybe you could get some clothes there. You have no money, but maybe you can trade the pterodactyl for some money or clothes. It could feed plenty of people, and its skin could probably be used to make stuff.

Yeah, you're pretty sure that could work.

>A. Go to the village

>B. Just go home

Well, you know, if at first you don't succeed, keep trying. I enjoy doing it, and for whatever reason some people enjoy participating. So I' just going to keep doing what I do.

It seems like more quests are migrating there recently, but there has been a lot of resistance towards the idea of being "exiled" for various reasons.

The board is still a trial board, so that gives people the excuse to treat it as optional. The mods seem to support this, so until the board is made official, you will continue to see quests on tg and elsewhere.

From what I understand it could still be scrapped?

In any event I hope that answers your question. If we disrupt this thread our posts are likely to be deleted, if they don't get deleted after I post this.

>A. Go to the village

>A. Go to the village

You approach the downed pterodactyl, grabbing it by its tail and dragging it through the woods.

You walk for probably close to an hour before you come to a long road. You follow it in the direction your parents had said the village was in, and eventually see what you're looking for.

In the distance, you spot a cluster of buildings, and so run toward them as fast as your little legs can carry you.

That's pretty fast, actually, so it doesn't take you long to reach your destination. But, when you get there, you stop and look around in confusion.

The entire place seems deserted. You've never been to a village before, but your parents told you they're supposed to be full of people. Looking around, you can't see a single person, though. You guess they could be sleeping, but the sun's been up for a while now, so you aren't sure why they'd still be in bed.

>A. Go knock on a door

>B. Peek through a window

>C. Call out to whoever is around

>D. Go kick through a door

>B. Peek through a window

You call out, asking if anybody is home, but not a single voice answers.

Approaching the nearest house, you knock on the door, asking if anyone is inside. Again, you're given no answer, but you can't shake the feeling you're being watched.

You keep knocking for a few more seconds before you notice another sound. It's faint at first, but quickly gets louder and louder. And as the noise increases, the ground beneath you begins to shake.

You look over your shoulder, and turn around, looking in confusion as the noises source.

A massive, fat, red creature with a horned head, leopard-skin cloth instead of pants, and a giant club marches through the village, chuckling as he looks from home to home.

"Sherman Priest!" he calls. "Where are you? I've got great news!"

He doesn't seem to notice you until he's practically on top of you. He looks down with a mocking smile.

"Oh, what's the matter, kid?" he asks. "Did you get stuck outside? That's too bad for you, I'm feeling a little hungry. I might just have to gobble you up, unless you tell me where Sherman Priest is."

>A. Ask who he is

>B. Ask who Sherman Priest is

>C. Tell him to go away

>D. Ask if he'll trade you clothes for your pterodactyl

>A. Ask who he is

>A. Ask who he is
>B. Ask who Sherman Priest is

"Who are you?" you ask the large creature. "And who's Sherman Priest?"

"Who am I?" the creature asks, amused. "You must not be from around here, kid."

He takes another earth-shaking step forward before dropping to a knee, putting his hideous face eye-level with yours.

"I am Oolong the terrible, the mightiest most unpleasant monster in the world!" he tells you in his deep voice. "Normally I'd have to squash you like a bug, but today's a happy day, and I'm not here for you."

He stands back up and turns toward the other houses. "Now, run along kid.Sherman Priest! Come out here!"

You think you get why you couldn't find anybody now.

>A. Ask who Sherman Priest is

>B. Ask why he's scaring the people in this village

>C. Attack Oolong while his back is turned

>D. Leave

>E. Ask Oolong if he'd trade clothes for the pterodactyl

"Why are you scaring these people?" you ask him.

Oolong turns around, seemingly surprised that you're still there. "Because they're cowards, and I can take whatever I want from them."

He brings a hand to his chin, studying you. "But the fact that you haven't run or wet yourself yet means that you aren't one of them. So since you're not like them, I'll let you skip town if you're quick about it."

>A. Ask why you should run

>B. Tell him to leave the people alone

>C. Leave

>D. Hit him

>E. Tell him to leave the people alone, or you'll beat him up

>E. Threaten his violence with violence!

Seems legit

>B. Tell him to leave the people alone

>>E. Tell him to leave the people alone, or you'll beat him up

You don't leave, instead, you tell Oolong to leave the people in the village alone.

He blinks, processing what you said before roaring with laughter and bringing a hand to his gut.

"Leave them alone?" he asks through laughing fits. "And what if I don't? Huh, kid?"

"Then I'll beat you up!" you promise.

He stops laughing, and instead looks at you like you've grown a second head.

"Beat me up?" he asks. "You must be out of your mind! Look at me! I'm a huge, terrifying monster, and you're just a little kid! All it would take is one swing with this club to turn you into paste!"

He may have a point. You fought some big creatures in the woods, but this guy is huge, and that club looks like it would hurt if it hit you.

>A. Tell him to go ahead and try it, then

>B. Run away

>C. Before he attacks you, rush him and get a hit in

>D. Tell him you aren't afraid

>>A. Tell him to go ahead and try it, then

"Go ahead and try," you challenge, readying yourself for a fight.

He's big, and he looks tough, but you think you might be able to beat him if you move fast. That club is big, but it looks heavy, you aren't sure how fast he can swing it, or how fast he can move. If you're faster than him, then you can hit him a bunch of times before he hits you.

So, once he makes the first swing, you'll be ready.

But, the swing never comes. Oolong doesn't attack, he doesn't even step forward. He stays right where he is. And, upon a closer look, you're pretty sure you can see a bead of sweat dripping down his forehead.

That's when you figure it out. He's not as strong as he likes to pretend he is. He's faking to scare the villagers.

"Look, I'm going to give you one more chance," he tells you, maintaining a confident voice. "Leave town now or I'll squash you!"

>A. Tell him you don't think he's strong enough to beat you

>B. Just say that you aren't going anywhere, and see how he reacts

>C. Hit him

>D. Stick out your tongue

>E. Leave

>A. Say you don't think he is strong enough to beat you.
>D. Stick your tongue out.

You tell Oolong that you don't think he's strong enough to beat you.

"What?! Is that some kind of joke, little boy?" he asks in a rage. "Now you've made me mad! You have three seconds to get out of here before I make you regret it!"

In answer, you stick out your tongue.

"You little brat!" he growls. "What makes you think you can stand up to me?"

>A. You're strong and you know how to fight

>B. The fact that he doesn't try to fight

>C. Attack him

"Bigger they are, harder they fall!"

>D. (Bluff) "I can sense energy. Your soul is weaker then mine, and so is your warrior's spirit! That is why I know I win! Submit and become my disciple or be defeated!"

>C

Not only is there no reason that you'd think to do that, you're also twelve, so you probably wouldn't talk like that.

>C. Attaaaaack!

You're done talking.

You rush toward Oolong, and jump high, kicking the massive red beast right in his face and knocking him right over. He tumbles backward, rolling until he slams his head against one of the homes.

"Ow! Ow! Ow!" he shouts, one hand covering his nose, the other holding the back of his head. "That's smarts!"

He picks himself up and glares at you, though the effect is pretty much ruined by the tears in his eyes.

"Do you know what I'm going to have to do to you now?" he asks.

There's a loud noise, and Oolong becomes surrounded by smoke. When that smoke clears, you see a bat flying where the monster stood not long ago.

"So long, sucker!" he shouts, turning and flying from the village.

You watch as he flies low behind the fence on the other side of the village, and vanishes from sight.

>A. Run after him

>B. Wait to see if anyone comes out now that he's gone

Lay a trap. Getting to a hiding position and ready some bait.

With Oolong gone, you wait to see if anybody comes out.

It's not long before a door opens, and a man peeks his head out. Glancing around and seeing only you, he pulls his head back into the house. A few moments later, he comes back out, and a few other people join him. Doors then begin opening all over the village, and people come pouring into the streets.

There's a mixture of murmuring and looks of surprise. A few of the people approach you, including a dark-haired man with a bald spot, overalls, and glasses.

"Thank you so much, young man!" he says earnestly. "You saved my daughter!"

>A. Ask what he means

>B. Ask if he'd be willing to trade clothes for your pterodactyl

>C. Tell him it wasn't a big deal

>D. Something else

>A. Ask what he means
C. Tell him it wasn't a big deal
Keep the pterodactyl as your ride/friend If it isn't dead already.

It's dead, Jim

Fudge then trade it in.

>A. Ask what he means

>B. Ask if he'd be willing to trade clothes for your pterodactyl

Why is this not on ?

"What do you mean?" you ask him.

"Oolong has tormented us for many days now," the man explains. "And he's kidnapped three girls from our village to force them to marry him. If he was looking for me, then that means he intended to take my daughter, Pocowatha. But thanks to you, my daughter's safe."

You tell him that it was no big deal.

"Well it means the world to me!" he assures you. "So, what brings you to our village?"

>A. You were hoping to trade your pterodactyl for clothes

>B. Nevermind that, ask where Oolong took the girls

>C. Something else

While mentioning something about the girls.

>A. I need clothes, I'll trade this bird

>>B. Nevermind that, ask where Oolong took the girls

I have the best idea.

we will find Oolong's waifus.

and make them our own.

You explain that you were hoping to trade this pterodactyl for some clothes.

"I have some clothes you can take," an elderly woman says from nearby. "Just bring that thing over to my place, and they're yours."

You watch her make her way to a house across the street. You follow, dragging the creature behind you. A few minutes later, you have a new shirt, and a few outfits in a small bag.

"Excuse me, young warrior!"

You turn around and see a man in a headdress running toward you. He stops right in front of you and inclines his head.

"You have shown great courage and strength, so I humbly beg that you help me," he says, dropping to his knees.

"My daughter, my Little Flower was taken by that monster Oolong," he explains. "None of us could stop him, and we do not know where Oolong took her. But with your great strength, you could surely defeat Oolong and save her."

He lowers his head into his hands, his face practically in the dirt.

"Please, I will give you anything you desire if you bring her back," he promises.

>A. Deal

>B. You'll help him, but he doesn't have to give you anything

>C. Sorry, but you're going home

>A. Deal

>Wanting waifus that even Oolong doesn't want anymore

>A. Deal
We pull the whole "I ask nothing now, but one day I shall collect what is due"

Hey man, one pig's trash is one man's treasure.

>A. I hate posting on my phone

You agree, but quickly realize that you have a serious problem.

You have no idea where Oolong went, and have no way of tracking him since he flew away.

You mention that to the man, but Sherman Priest speaks up from nearby.

"Oolong will be back tomorrow," he tells you. "When he comes, you could capture him and make him take us to where the girls are being kept."

>A. Sounds like a plan

>B. No, you're going to go look for him

>C. No, you don't want to stay here that long

>D. Okay, but you'll need a place to stay tonight

>A. Sounds like a plan

>A. Sounds like a plan
>D. Okay, but you'll need a place to stay tonight

>A. Sounds like a plan
>Ask about the details of the plan and what we can do in the meantime.

>E. go look for him now, but promise to be back in time to be ready if we can't find him.

You tell him that sounds like a plan.

"Wonderful," he replies. "You can stay in my home for tonight. Tomorrow we'll hide you inside until Oolong comes."

You spend the rest of the day around the village, talking with many of the people, most of whom are rather nice.

That night, Sherman Priest brings you into his home, where a young girl with braided hair and a headdress is making dinner. Sherman Priest tells you this is his daughter, and introduces you to her.

"Nice to meet you, Tofoo," she greets pleasantly. "Thank you for scaring Oolong away."

>A. It was no problem

>B. Ask if you can have a kiss as a thank you

>C. Comment that dinner smells delicious

>D. Something else

>A. It was no problem

>A.
>B.

You tell her that it was no problem.

The rest of the night is rather pleasant. You eat dinner, you talk with Sherman Priest and Pocowatha, and you get a good night's sleep.

When day rolls around, the village prepares for the return of Oolong. The plan is simple. You'll all stay hidden inside until Oolong comes close. Then, you'll catch him and make him tell you where the girls are.

A rumbling in the distance soon makes itself heard, and you prepare yourself to face Oolong. But, when you look out the window, you see two people. One is a boy who looks to be bout your age riding on a cloud, and the other is a pretty blue-haired girl dressed in red riding a motorcycle.

The two of them look around for a bit, then discuss something before the boy on the cloud floats over. He hops off of his cloud and knocks on the door.

>A. Open the door

>B. Keep back and get ready to fight

>A. Open the door

>A. Metagame and open the door

>A. Open the door

You open the door, and the young boy looks at you in surprise.

He has sort of a blank stare, but one that at the same time makes you feel at ease. This kid definitely isn't Oolong, and you get the feeling he's a pretty nice person.

"Hey, kid," the girl says as she comes to the boy's side. "Where is everybody?"

>A. Hiding (don't tell her where they are)

>B. In their houses (invite them in)

>>A. Hiding (don't tell her where they are)

"I'm gonna beat up the monster"

Hey there! You seem to have accidentally posted this thread on the wrong board. This is Veeky Forums, a board for discussing traditional games like Dungeons & Dragons, Magic: the Gathering, and Warhammer 40000. Obviously quests have nothing to do with Veeky Forums, so it wouldn't make much sense to post one here! Luckily, there's a board specifically made just for quest threads like this one. Just click on the following link to access it: .

Happy questing!

"They're hiding," you say, stepping outside and closing the door behind you.

"Hiding, from what?" the girl asks curiously.

"Are they in trouble?" the boy asks.

"There's a monster," you tell them. "But I'm gonna beat it up."

"A monster?" the girl asks, nervousness in her voice.

"Wow! You must be strong!" the kid says, laughing excitedly.

>A. Ask their names and what they're doing here

>B. Tell them they should hide

>C. Yep, you're pretty strong

>D. Something else

"We're going to trap a monster. I'ma punch it in the schnozz for kidnapping little girls! It can transform! But it only looks scary, I can still hurt it if I can reach it, but he keeps flying away! If only I could jump good..."

Srsly oolong is aku rite now and we're jack