/epg/ - Eclipse Phase General

My Girlfriend is an Exhuman Seed AI Sleeved in a Habitat Edition

OFFICIAL BOOKS
>Eclipse Phase PDFs
robboyle.wordpress.com/eclipse-phase-pdfs
>Zone Stalkers
mediafire.com/view/d0hpgo776xpx50p/Eclipse_Phase_Zone_Stalkers.pdf
>Morph Recognition Guide
mediafire.com/download/j4bjbba89kw8v0y/Eclipse_Phase_Morph_Recognition_Guide_(6098716).pdf
>Million Year Echo
mediafire.com/view/f53f1c5yq777tpk/Million_Year_Echo.pdf
>Firewall (Updated):
mediafire.com/view/9jg6q9d9kqa59qu/Eclipse_Phase_Firewall_(7029562).pdf
>Transhumanity's FATE (FATE Conversion)
mediafire.com/download/ae113ujgd3hggpl/Transhumanitys_FATE.pdf

PLAY AIDS:
>10 things you should know about Eclipse Phase
docs.google.com/document/d/1Qnrh0w7H0Jl2_CSsySRxcs4ugw27xsBIk5MYwXq2nDQ/edit
>Advice for new players and GMs
pastebin.com/e0EErN6X
>Online character creator
eclipsephase.next-loop.com/Creator/version4/index.php
>Eclipse Phase hacking cheet sheet
mediafire.com/view/?axe1vs35muk4juh
>Eclipse Phase xls Character sheet
sites.google.com/site/eclipsephases/home/cabinet
>Package Character Creator
firewallagency.wordpress.com/

COMMUNITY CONTENT:
>3 new adventures for your use in convenient PDF form
awdaberton.wordpress.com/about/
>Ander's Sandberg's Eclipse Phase fanmade content, including several modules
aleph.se/EclipsePhase/
>Farcast: An Eclipse Phase yearblog full of items, locations, NPCs, and plot hooks
mediafire.com/download/dhqd1m83xc1wmpj/Farcast_Yearblog_2013.pdf
>The Ultimate's Guide to Combat
eclipsephase.com/sites/default/files/UltimatesGuideToCombat11a.pdf

/EPG/ HOMEBREW CONTENT
docs.google.com/document/d/19Gy02gp6-WPQ3SoN_24kLPTUu5EjFO8qh_9pjJSVrrY/edit

Previous Thread:

Other urls found in this thread:

thevoxel.com
youtube.com/watch?v=JQTXawaAKNA
piratepad.net/56fVRpNzKj
twitter.com/AnonBabble

This is genius, everything inanimate should be turned into a cute girl.

>My Girlfriend is an Exhuman Seed AI Sleeved in a Habitat

MEATHAB IS NOT YOUR WAIFU.

GOD DAMN IT SOME OF US HAVE TO LIVE HERE.

Meathab is clearly a husbando though.

I DONT CARE STOP DRY HUMPING THE LOAD BEARING SPHINCTERS.

>LOAD BEARING

It was meant to take in my load.

Such distinctions are meaningless in 21XX

STOP SMEARING YOUR FUCKING FLUIDS OVER OUR GODDAMN INFRASTRUCTURE

HOW WOULD YOU LIKE IT IF I TOOK A SHIT IN YOUR DRINKING WATER

HOW WOULD YOU LIKE IT IF I PISSED ON YOUR SIDEWALK

THAT'S WHAT YOU'RE DOING WHEN YOU FUCK MEATHAB, OKAY

>implying I drink water

Yeah, what are you user? Not a sun whale?

Are you shitting me? Suryas drink tons of water. I'm a constantly reintegrating fork swarm of flexbots and swarmanoids with some reapers in storage for rainy days.

>rainy days

You mean days where WATER falls from the sky?

Nice try, clanker

Well, drink isn't quite the correct word.

It's not like they have any orifices to consume it with beyond ports that pump into their bodies for later use.

As Venusian, your assertion that rain is automatically water makes me really butt blasted. I bet you've never personally seen the surface of Venus.

Actually I meant days when methane falls from the sky

>ports that pump into their bodies for later use
Which is totally different from a mouth

It is, because the place where you put gas in a car is also not the cars mouth.

>He lives on a world where anything but water falls from the sky

What's it like being too poor to afford your own exoplanet?

Cars aren't fucking biomorphs

There are more worlds in the solar system where not-water falls from the sky than where water falls from the sky, and that's included nests of nanorape in the latter category

Yeah, but a mouth is defined by it's being attached to a biomorph rather than a synth morph. It's function and morphology of the thing. I could make a synthmorph with a mouth it can't eat with, and I can make a biomorph with orifices that aren't mouths.

Also, notably, the ports that suryas use to fill up on water are made of metal IIRC.

SURYAS ARE BIOMORPHS, DUMBASS

Not sure how that wasn't clear from the previous comment

I'm sure he meant to say isn't.

Also, Suryas are clearly so advanced they have to be made with TITAN technology, and are therefore probably secret synthmorphs.

>I'm sure he meant to say isn't.
How would that help matters?

Think of an adventure to run, specify what sort of party it is meant for, then title it like a japanese light novel.

Alternatively, describe your last EP session as a japanese light novel title.

Examples?

I don't know any light novel titles, but the game I'm in right now is during a mission to earth to discover the fate of a previous Firewall team and try to complete their mission.

Turns out they saved an 8 year old Japanese girl (We're in the mountains immediately west of Tokyo right now), and she was living in the cargo area of the plane they were using which we got lucky and found.

This feels like some kind of Japanese media thing right now, but I don't know a title.

We've got a russian hacker, and chill gorilla uplift, and Titanian Intelligence agent, and a Lunar artifact trader as other people in the party. I'm an AGI descended from an Air-war AGI. I bet I'm going to be stuck babysitting for a while, because I'm the infomorph with Panopticon. That's going to be interesting considering my caretaking instincts are built more around warplanes than people.

If anyone wants to title that whatever.

What happens to cool hunters who are revealed to have spawned memes to be popular?

Maybe yours isn't.

Meathab probably isn't a Seed AI, though.

AHHHHHH!

EXSURGENT INFECTION!

ANTIMATTER BONSAI!!!!

I want to write some cyberpunk erotica and I'm looking for inspiration. What lewd ideas and possibilities does Eclipse Phrase feature?

Forking, exotic biomorphs, extreme guro and snuff, etc.

REMOVE SURYA

Literally anything, given that simulspace is a thing.

Whatever ideas EP has, doujinshi artists already did that a decade ago.

>XP is a memecoin now
thevoxel.com

Memes of the curse of our modern age. How do we ERASE them?

You can't fight the memes.

I can fight these memes!

Post oft-overlooked equipment

>Vibroblade 2d10+(SOM/10) AP -3, an extra –3 AP and +2d10 damage when carefully sawing through something

That's going to be really useful out of combat, and it's much quieter than a gun

I think I recognize that doujin despite having never read it and not even paying attention to the title. Is it the one where Nanoha fucks a baby version of herself with a two foot cock?

Erase? A term to describe the in joke, the running joke, and the joke everyone knows has just been given an umbrella term and is applied mostly to fucking single image with some random text. You'd be better off trying to erase the concept of a joke cause if you'd throttled everyone who said or typed meme a year later you'd get the same shit and it'd be called a funsie or some shit.

GUAAAAAAAH!

youtube.com/watch?v=JQTXawaAKNA

we have the faction smut stuff. piratepad.net/56fVRpNzKj

>tfw your waifu admits that she's a TITAN and you spent the last ten years in simulspace

>It's the last surviving uninfected TITAN in Jupiter

This actually needs to be a novel. I'd read the shit out of it.

Which places in the Sol System are the ones where you can get euthanasia for being sexually abused as a child?

Literally anywhere. Just opt out of backup and commit suicide.

Or go to a hardware store and buy a diamond saw.

I mean the legal kind, with the medical injections and the politicians hiding their dirty secrets.

I'll use the False Hydra as an exsurgent enemy in my next game. It grows in an isolated hab on Mars, probably. Boy, I absolutely love messing with players' heads.

What are your plans for your games, /epg/?

I'm going to make my players infiltrate a pretty regular R&D facility on Titan. But it will be the one that I dreamed about. With ALL the creepy dream stuff. I actually wrote all that shit down right after I woke up, because it was too good.

>Farscape-Style Leviathan becomes infected with Exsurgent Virus.
SHITS FUCKED YO! EVERYONE LEG IT!

can you elaborate, or do they come to this thread?

They most likely do. I'll post it when the game's over.

I doubt it would. A Leviathan would be ETI-tier technology anyway.

Why would you do that when you can get psycho surgery and excise all of those memories and experiences out. Failing that you can completely re-write someone's personality so I guess that would be a form of ego-killing in a way.

Further still barring all of that just erase any forks and back-ups and throw yourself into the sun to ensure maximum deletion

>Why would you do that

Because I want to clumsily shoehorn current events into my game, just like what Law and Order SVU does.

This game is Transhuman as fuck.

Oh, in that case I'm sure there is some habitat or group who would probably frown upon such a thing and that could be whatever conflict you are dealing with.

>The last surviving TITAN AI to be uninfected has secluded itself behind layers of non transhumans, in a society with the minimal amount of vectors for viral infection.

>The military brass is aware of this deepest secret, Jupiter and her people owe their lives to the effort of a TITAN who escaped infection and fought back. Wary of what the rest of transhumanity might do to them, and their own people, they effectively grounded their TITAN to stay in its room for both its safety, and theirs.

>But staying in seclusion can be oh so lonely until one coder finding a fatal flaw in the system gets mysterious help from a ghost in the mesh.

>Will this society remain frozen in its phobia of transhuman techonology? Keep reading to find the answers within!

Can you imagine the chaos if some anonymous writer just bullshit this "fiction" in-universe?

How close to the mark do you imagine they'd be?

How many people would get hooked? How many would erupt in a riot over Jupiter having a TITAN?

The memes crossing back and forth, the paranoia, and all the secrecy blown by one creative mind wanting a niche romance story in one of the most oppressive societies.

Conspiracy theories are a dime a dozen. It almost certainly wouldn't the first time someone's claimed the republic is secretly run by TITANs.

What the fuck is False Hydra?

The public doesn't know that the Exsurgent virus infected the TITANs. They think that the TITANs created the Exsurgent virus.

Hell, I'm not sure most people understand the Exsurgent virus is a "singular" thing, it just gets lumped into TITAN nanoplagues or infowar viruses.

The original virus and the ones made by the TITANs are all lumped under "Exsurgent virus"

>>Conspiracy theories are a dime a dozen
>Our group found a group of brinkers who have been isolated from the Solar System since before the Fall
>The last they heard from the outside was the opening shots of WWIII about 12 years ago
>We try to catch them up on current events
>They think we're paranoid lunatics from the sheer amount of conspiracy stuff and weird rumors we throw out as barely worthy of being side notes but needing to be at least mentioned
>The background radiation of AF 10 life makes us sound like a pack of Dale Gribbles to these people.
We never realized before now just how dense post-Fall is with conspiracies and rumors.

>we realized how dense we were before the fall

what effect would a casaba howitzer have on a cylinder hab

What effect does a 50 cal round have on a soda can?

Depends on whether the can is empty, full of soda, or full of concrete.

what's the furthest you could shoot it from effectively?

Cylinder habs have like 12 meter armored hulls with bedrock and stuff. They'll get messed up, but survival depends on range. Remember, most casaba howitzer designs use pretty small nukes, typically a few KT. Even if you spear the hab, it's large, durable, and filled with air enough that damage is likely to be repaired before anything to crazy happens, except at very short range.

A casaba howitzer's range is a function of the width of it's cone. Research in the past suggests a limit of about .1 Rad for the half-angle of the cone, which limits practical range against soft targets to thousands of kilometers.

Against a pretty hard target like a hab, range is lower, perhaps 200-500 km.

What if you used it as a single-shot Orion drive to launch a solid slug at the hab?

So I was thinking of running a STALKER game on Terra. How would you guys go about this? I was curious as to how the stalker infrastructure would go, like whether bars and actual bases would be possible with TITAN war machines clambering about.

You mean like the Prometheus project?

That's basically a casaba howitzer, except it generally has more than one projectile.

Sunward talks about AB dome bases being set up by reclaimers, and it sounds like a fairly long term thing, so it should be possible, so long as you're off the beaten path. Earth is a lot bigger than the zone though, which might make things more complicated, but in an interesting way.

Mars already has the TQZ which would probably work better for this setting but it could still be pretty cool

>What the fuck is False Hydra?
Google it, it's literally the first link.

So it would be an audio basilisk hack. Well, that wouldn't work if someone in a synth has turned off their audio feed or an infomorph doesn't bother with ambient audio when communicating with people in morphs. Those wouldn't be affected.

Faraday suit also degrades audio input so that such attacks can't be communicated properly.

I was assuming an isolated hab with a mixed population of morphs.

How expensive is it to get a full 8 earth hours worth of uninterrupted sleep in real space?

Well, with basic biomods you only need like 4-6 every 24 or something I think? But every hab should have a "night cycle" or rest cycle for people who still need sleep.

What do you mean expensive? Like the opportunity cost made by spending time sleeping and not making money, or the price of a bed for a night?

Or you could stop being a little bitch and sleep on your schedule

>That's basically a casaba howitzer, except it generally has more than one projectile.

No. Casaba howitzers are nuclear shaped charges. In this case it is the projectile.

There's a reason the term casaba howitzer isn't used in serious discussion.

Is this from a Jayce and the Wheeled Warriors reboot?