Horus Heresy General /hhg/

Double Irish With A Dutch Sandwich Edition
Forge Lord Duncan Sub-Edition
Previously on /hhg/ we saw a prime example of why you should thin your paints, the fear of how wolfy the 30k SWs was discussed along with the differences between the Ultramarines and Word Bearers, the Chaos Gods really need to stop obsessing over Jurassic Park, why the Lion took so long had to be explained, we gave advice to a newbie wanting to play a 30k style Killteam, Word Bearers are allergic to trumpets, Chris Wright filled in a plothole, we learned how Mastadons are deployed and more in the old thread Red Book Links:
sys.Veeky Forums.org/derefer?url=http%3A%2F%2Fwww2.zippyshare.com%2Fv%2Fs15Jqk1t%2Ffile.html
sys.Veeky Forums.org/derefer?url=https%3A%2F%2Fmega.nz%2F%23!Jx1UGCTI!vMJN89z7p8tiEC7YOAj477g6RxDtJ7culVLF3q3godg
HH Book 6 - Retribution PDF:
mediafire.com/download/8aqx9j3a8erqv8d/The_Horus_Heresy_Book_6_-_Retribution.pdf or
sys.Veeky Forums.org/derefer?url=https%3A%2F%2Fkat.cr%2Fthe-horus-heresy-book-6-retribution-pdf-t12199249.html
HHG FAQ - pastebin.com/iUqNrrA8
Official HH 7th Edition Errata (Updated January 2016) - forgeworld.co.uk/resources/fw_site/fw_pdfs/Horus_Heresy/Horus_Heresy_7th_Edition.pdf
Other official downloads: forgeworld.co.uk/Downloads#horusheresy
HH Rules:
Crusade Army List: mediafire.com/download/1lprm5vd99yafa3/
Mechanicum Taghmata Army List: mega.nz/#!LFwTjQ7B!mF0eVOY8P1MPT0a-QSXypXo_ZfskhYynD41PrkaTbD8
30k/40k Rules: mega.nz/#F!pFgm0RKR!J06C1gVYcjzNGsF8YNLsjQ!EVh0GZZS
30k/40k Rules and more (torrents): kat.cr/usearch/"Forge World" heresy user:epistolary/
30k Black Library: mega.nz/#F!0RlxDZQC!qAu9BaubWa3KeihJRmOcsg

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=YR5ApYxkU-U
youtube.com/watch?v=4vnwaxvRXp4
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

First for any user going to Warhammer Fest planning on grabbing the new Excertus Imperialis red book?

You'll get your scans when it arrives. Be patient.

Though given that there is an E-Copy of the Taghmata book now, it might not even be worth the time.

Second for every Legion being special and interesting in its own way!

Does Warhammer Fest mean this thread will actually be more then just dank memes, chicken dinners, Dorm/Peturabo shitflinging fights and rating Legion lists?

No

Except the Dark Angels and Imperial Fists, fuck those guys

Fucking faggot. (Just kidding I love the legions forgive me senpai)

99% of my heart and brain say yes, but the one percent that's biased against the Word Bears say no.
We haven't had chicken diners in a while, and it's a lot better that way. Otherwise we turn this into a world building and your dudes /hhg/.
Did you take your meds today?

>Says Curzefag
> The Legion with the shittiest color scheme of all time
>Fucking bat wings everywhere
Just go Ultramarine Curzefag once you go Codex Astartes you never go back.

IF shows that making a legion vinilla doesn't make it weak. Those wall niggers hold the line like bosses.

N^TH For Nomadic Predation Fleets

>Except the Dark Angels
Mad are we?

>wall niggers
Ohhh don't you mean Salamanders?

How are the Dangles not unique?

Those are flame monkeys

yes

But I'm too shit at lying to be Alpha Legion.

No, Salamanders are fire niggers

She's mad about the Lion one punching Curze, and takes her hate of yellow out on Dorn.
Since when were the Sallies big on walls, user?

Not enough fucking bat wings like our lord and saviors the Night Lords

Since Vulkan forged the Fiery Fire Walls of Flame on Caliente V

Fist have the best primarch, first captin, and best successors without being Mary sue

>MY LEGIONES ARTARTES RULE MEANS I'M A LITTLE BETTER WITH SWORDS!
Their legion-specific wargear is god tier, however. They get acid Heavy bolter that wound on 2+ and ignore power armour 50% of the time. My marines are stuck with AP6 HBolters that cause Pinning... a 1/6th of the time, and they tolerate dying a little better. Dunno, could give me power shovels?
It won't graffiti itself, you know?

Angle wings everywhere though

>But I'm too shit at lying to be Alpha Legion.
I would post a picture of the Codex Astartes and say read, but no such picture exist so take this picture of the Emperor and a Komodo Dragon instead.
>Fiery Fire Walls of Flame on Caliente V
Please tell me that's not the actual name.

>even killed the mold in the basement

Thought that was loyalist WEs.

Why do you hate bats so much though? Did bats rape your mother or something?

>It won't graffiti itself, you know?
Isn't that more of a NL and SoH thing?
World Eaters don't have time to kill mold. Pale Nomads have the time and the rage to do so.
Not him but there's a bat in my house going on about how his parents are dead. I think he may be the hero we need and can breathe in space.

>99% of my heart and brain say yes, but the one percent that's biased against the Word Bears say no.
Agreed.

Nah, that's Sable Blind XIX and/or Pale Nomads level of killing.

It was a reverse Batman scenario. Instead of me killing Bruce Wayne's parents Bruce Wayne and his parents killed me. With bats.

>Isn't that more of a NL and SoH thing?
I thought it was a Salamander thing?

Ashen Claws?

I love how some 30k/40k art can make great album covers.
Now that's just batty.
Salamanders are big on burning and crafting than defacing. NLs and SoHs are gangsters so add it together.

How did you lose to a six-year-old?

> MyMastercraftedMeltaGunIsn'tAsHot as my mistake
>#SalamanderLivesMatter
>NeverForgetIsstvan

I'd rather not talk about it. Apparently he rolled what some people call a "Nat 20"

He lost to a six year old, and his parents with bats. The bats presumably had smaller bats to beat user with as they were being used to beat him with. It's like asking why does such heresy exist.

>not #VulkanLivesMatter
You had one job!

Just remember guys
>#HorusDidNothingWrong

Them too.

Really anyone of XIX stock from Terra

The worst thing of it all was when they said the Night Lords were the best legion.
Fucking Bats Man.

I was thinking about my army list, 3000 pts of World Eaters with Angron. I had 2 Spartans in it, one for the 20 man blob and one for Angron, Surlak, and some Red Butcher buddies. But who wants to run 2 Spartans? Lame. So I'm gonna put Angron and the Butchers in a Kharybdis Assault Claw. I can see them screaming down from the sky turn 1... "GET READY TO ROCK, BITCHES!"

>Horus
Magnus**

What about the recruits they picked up from the other planets they came across with? I'm sure they showed them the ropes.
Curzefag was Bruce Wayne's mother?

user I don't know how to react to that so I'll just leave you with this. Though it does remind me of the video of Boreale playing guitar and riding a drop pod too.

That reminds me I need to get back to that little project in preparation for Inferno. I feel like we're going to need it.

Now the whole bats thing makes sense... though it still shouldn't because bats are frigging adorable and shouldn't be used for intimidation at all.

Don't you mean?
> Lorgar

Legions applying graffiti to a wall
>Dark Angels
They'd hide the wall
>pre-heresy Emperor's Children
They paint art on it, with golden relief on it
>post-heresy Emperor's Children
The paint is half cocaine, half blood. They sniffed both and ran off to rape people, leaving the wall unpainted.
>Iron Warriors
Built a giant fortress around it, surrounded with trenche fields and razor wire. The original wall is actually a bomb.
>White Scars
They mounted the wall on a bike, and added a falcon perch to it.
>Space Wolves
Optimistic view: Knotwork patterns and viking runes telling the sagas of old.
Pessimistic view: Drew wolves on it
>Imperial Fists
Wall given a chapter of its own, with a Dedicated Fortress. Does better jokes than Dorn and it's closer to Terra than Guilliman.
>Night Lords
Covered in flayed skin. And raped. With bats.
>Blood Angels
Covered in art, all of it depicting Sanguinius.
>Iron Hands
Wall now made of Iron, because bricks are weak.
>World Eaters
RAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAGE
>Ultramarines
Covered in obnoxious Guilliman quotes. The wall was the jewel of Ultramar, but the Word Bearers came and fucked it up.
>Death Guard
Paint was poison, bilis and such. The wall unsurprisingly decomposed, but not before Mortarion unadvertedly walked through it.
>Thousand Sons
The wall was used on a pact with the hidden powers so that there never was a wall in the first place.
>Sons of Horus
Space Graffiti
>Word Bearers
Took the UM wall, covered in heretical symbols and sacrificed it to the Dark Gods to initiate the Wallstorm.
>Salamanders
Graffitied it. The paint was promethium though.
>Raven Guard
After throwing all the Terrans in his legion and suffering heavy losses, Corax declares: "I can't infiltrate a wall, I shall nevermore use them!"
>Alpha Legion
The wall was a lie.

I think I'd remember if I had a kid, or was some sort of billionaire, or got shot

Now that's too cute for me.
>Wallstorm.
Lost it there.

>Dark Angels
>Hide The Wall
Don't you mean hunt the wall down and make it repent for it's heresies?

Warp funk, Curzefag. It's the answer to why most of life's problems exist. Except why Spaniards are OP.

Well getting shot doesn't really have the best effect on your memeory
(And yes I spelled it memeory for the lolz)

Can't wait to get my hands on some Ursarax, hurry the fuck up release them to the store FW my blueballs are big as it is and my Thanatar needs some punching and fighting buddies.

Did the Death Guard have a nemesis legion, like how the Thousand Sons and the Space Wolves?

IIRC Mort and Khan were rivals, don't know about their respective legions though.

>Pessimistic view: Drew wolves on it with crayon
Fixed that for you.

Btw where's my AngronxCurze rule 34? I can't go to sleep without a good murder fap

If I remember correctly, the World Eaters and the Blood Angels had a rivalry over which legion was better at assault.

what

>literally being a faggot

You know. They don't call him the Red Angel for nothing.

Well, they depised the TS because they over-relied on witchery, instead of being strong themselves. They also were frequently compared to the IH for the title of most resilient legion.

And this is why I still read these threads.

So what legion would play Pink Floyd?

youtube.com/watch?v=YR5ApYxkU-U

Thanks m8s.

Even Curzefag was stunned by the request. It must be a sign.
Where's the Angron x Landwhale you mentioned, though? :^)

>WE ARE HUNTING HERETICAL WALLS THAT HAVE NO RELATION WITH THE DARK ANGELS
Silly user, walls can't commit heresy if they lack a world to be built upon.

This. All wall-related matters are Fists territory by default.

It's coming, I believe.

>tfw hate AdMech and want to murder all AdMech players IRL
>tfw blow blood vessel every time some faglord posts a reaction image of a techpriest
>tfw that Scoria player
>tfw their models are so amazing you want to just make an AdMech army

y u do dis 2 me FW

Coming soon user here have this till then desu.

Does this trigger your Admech ptsd user?

Guys, I found the World Eater.

No user the World Eater's love and treasure all of their Techpriests.
>inb4 I write my kharnxtechpriestess fanfiction

I...I might want to read that, actually.

think onslaught with a falchion and a typhon is overkill at 2500?

Somebody get on that. We need it... for only scientific reasons of course.

Unless that Force Org lets you take >25% as Lords of War, yes. You would get 625 pts of LoW at 2500, and a Falchion is 505.

No just get a Warlord Titan and then we'll bring up overkill.

She let out a binaric moan as she laid in Kharn's arms. "Ohhh Kharn that was fantastic you're the best lover I've ever had"
For once she can hear only the silence of them breathing,she notices the absence of the constant buzzing of the Nails and she knows that by being here she has brought Kharn peace. "I love you Kharn" ,she falls asleep next to him as her protector,her hero, watches over her.

More?

its 25% PER lord of war, not total.

onslaught gives you 2 LoW slots. you can run 2 warhounds at 3k if you want.

at this point im torn between ether a falchion + typhon or a falchion + ferrus

What points do you guys usually play your games at? How long do they usually take? And do you play at hobby shops or at home? I'm curious because I've never played higher than an 1850 point 40k game before.

tiny spaniards

No God please no. Theres already something like this and it's Squad Broken, all the fanfic anyone can stand.

user surely you just mean?
>Love Can Bloom

Speaking of World Eaters, Land Raider spam aside how do their lists typically look?

Curious, been warming up to them more as of late, quite like their characters in some cases too.

If not using LR spam they'll be using deep strike units, like Dreadclaws. The list is made for one purpose: getting marines into assault, while also taking care of stuff like antitank (to blow up enemy transports) and distractions (to keep the enemy from blowing up your transports)

I'm guessing because you've read Betrayer? That book made a lot of the WE characters interesting and made the legion seem cool too.

Love it.

How would Istvaan III have been different if it had been the Night Lords instead of the World Eaters

>Horus is free to bomb the planet because there's no risk of friendly fire
>Loyal Night Lords couldn't endure the exterminatus
>Horus still delayed because Curze had an "episode" while on board the Vengeful Spirit. Casualties remain the same, victims of flayings instead of loyalist resistance
>Word of the betrayal still gets to Terra, because the Night Lords are proficient at running away.

Thetraitors would run more, but wpild definetly be better at travking the RG.

Gorilla warfate 110%

I still need to shave moldlines and sprue nubs, as well as add more Apothecary bits, but on a scale of fine to fuck you, how mad would you be if somebody used this as a Tartaros armor Primus Medicae?

I mean, I wouldn't really mind, but it's the sort of non-WYSIWYG thing that makes people kind of uncomfortable. Why not use it as a Cataphractii one?

Not mad at all, chain fists just need some more tubes and you have a perfect naerthicum+surgical saw.

Only wierd thing is the maximus style helmet, but Justaerin do that to.

No problem there.

Ps:

Tartaros ,no.

Misread what you wrote.

After all this is cataphracti armour.

>Tries to use motherfucking chainfist as a scalpel
>"Ok, careful now we-*vroom vroom* OH SHIT! Uhm, well, bolters have Instant Death, don't they?"
You could try to make it smaller, as the trick is done by getting a needle bigger than the chain bit.
The chan-scalpel always reminds me of this vid
youtube.com/watch?v=4vnwaxvRXp4