/srg/ Shadowrun General -Just Going Out For Some Soymilk and E-Cigs Edition

...Identity Spoofed
...Encryption Keys Generated
...Connected to Onion Routers
>>>Login: *********
>>>Enter Passcode: *********
...Biometric Scan Confirmed
Connected to SmartShop Host (Brought to you by Renraku)...

Welcome back to /srg/, chummer
Last Viewed Files: Clone_Zone_Mall_Soundtrack_36.mp8
Super_Bowl_100_Commerical_Highlights.trd
Natvat_New_Soycookie_Flavour_Test.sim
Auburn_Comparison_Shopping.pdf

Personal Alerts
* Your Current Rep Score: 24 (79% Positive)
* You have 1 new private message, titled 'Electrochromatic T-Shirts Half Off At Stuffer Shack This Weekend Only!'
* Your Chummer > Tools > Options books list has been unchecked
>github.com/chummer5a/chummer5a/releases
* Cloud File Storage:
>pastebin.com/SsWTY7qr
* Running Snusnu4youyou.btl

>Shoot straight
>Conserve ammo
>And never, ever cut a deal with a dragon

So other than Food Fight, how many of you have actually spent time talking about how your character shops? Do you have a favourite store, do you get stuff delivered by drone daily, do you schlep out to Snohomish farmer's markets for some real peaches for that special someone? I find people just fill out the 'lifestyle' line of their character sheet and almost never detail what happens next.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=zr8o9tOeUEA
youtube.com/watch?v=3ihIJ1UZAVk
youtube.com/watch?v=Sa1zLRI8ZnQ
mega.nz/#!JodHVJII!tgjOgwQN6_Fn7pG23QvWi0s8MJ2VophaVOSzZ9PqsC0
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

>I find people just fill out the 'lifestyle' line of their character sheet and almost never detail what happens next.
Story of my fucking life OP. My players don't fill out backstory, contacts, lifestyles, anything beyond the minimum. What am I supposed to work with? Fucking faggots.

>Fry's
>not Microcenter

nowhere, I've never played. How do I sell this game? Assume I'll be loaning the "bucket o' dice" to whoever needs them.

>Renraku connection
>Aztechnology pic
One job, user.

For the guy in the last thread that wanted to do some tricksy enchanting, look up Street Grimorie's Imbue Item ritual. Start with a weapon focus hammer and give it the simple trio of Respect, Alliance, and Rectitude traits.

Then go and try to do crazy things with the hammer. Make more stuff. Break stuff. Try and convince the GM to let that stuff work towards giving it a better trait than those basic three.

Or perhaps just one that lets you use it to get more dice on rituals and creation rolls.

Then do the same (more or less) for a new tool that you're going to make into a Legend.

Oh, and invest in a lot of Alchemy. Not for spells (but take Armor and perhaps some AoE to make desperation bombs with) but to get you lots of Reagents.

Don't worry about spending them like candy when casting spells that don't have super-huge requirements on Force, though. But save up.

Do you need to spend skill points on alchemy when one dram of reagents in 20 nuyen?

Hoi! Chummers!
It's Friday night, I've got my synth wave jams up, a stack of paper, and some time to kill. Time for some motherfragging drawfriendship.
I'm down for a few simple character requests or silly stuff.

As discussed in the last thread, could you possibly draw Cinnamon, the super cute AI who just wants to make a bunch of new friends?
She's got a fuckton of CHA and supports hear team by cheering them on with pompoms in their AR displays, or by distracting guards by getting them to join in on a dance party with her via a trideo projector.
Here's some of the posts talking about her in the last thread, the pastebin at the end also has a description of her matrix persona:
Thanks in advance, if you chose to draw her, chummer!

Most wouldn't, but considering that this guy is wanting to (eventually) get to pretty high force rituals, might as well.

Especially as he's getting into Enchanting. That's a good way to eat up the drams if you don't have a good collaborator. Imbuing a good, common sword is force 9, although if you've got the skills to cold-forge a good sword it goes down.

If there's somebody else that can help with the rituals, then a point or two is a bit unnecessary, but if not it'll probably pay for itself.

(And make even more money as you pump out foci that weren't quite as good as you wanted.)

That'll be a good start. Seeing how this got a bit of attention, I'll put some time into her tonight.

Can't find a good pic for my runner so...
African/Native American male with ragged grey T-shirt and a misc logo on front underneath an armor jacket, grungy street blue jeans, pair of goggles on his head, and some "serious bizniss" plasteel toe boots? All while he's sitting down crosslegged as if he's waiting for something to happen?

No requests, just wanted to say i'm switching between both pics you did of my ork decker girl on roll20 right now. No one else in the group has custom pictures, they're very jealous. Thanks again dude!

A red haired, green eyed pixie wearing a jumpsuit and sitting atop a neo-net juggernaut with a really tacky red and yellow color scheme.

I had a Mage who boycotted Aztec on principal. It was hard to shop sometimes.
Then again, this is the same guy who lived in Touristville and would routinely bury his head in the largest pile of drugs he could afford. So it wasn't like he was running down to the Stuffer.

Would you mind sharing? I could always use more modern/future orcs.

That's super lame. After they finish their next run, spend some time asking them those questions and roleplaying through a little slice of their runners' lives.

>Ok, so you all got paid!
>Where are you sleeping tonight?
>How do you get there?

And so forth.

WHEW

It's only an impediment if you take that empty conceptual space as something you can't fill in for them. They'll start to come up with stuff if they don't like that happening. Or they'll quit. Either way.

Not bad, drawfriend. Not bad at all.

Ex-corp street sam elf, still maintains an almost palpable aura of 'corporate man' about himso like 'black helicopter professional. prefers obviously armored 'business suits', both arms cybered, full cybervisor/eye system.

Finished.

Thanks, chummer. The world needs more ork girls.

Sharing.

Take the dude on the left, and put it on a soldier's body posed like on the right (but not necessarily a bullpup rifle. In fact, I'd prefer something AR15-derived with a foregrip.). Leave the helmet off (if you don't have a helmet, it means you're less likely to get shot at, right?), but add bits and bobs like quick access medical supplies and DocWagon HTR appropriate patches or badges (chestplate, shoulder).

Gunther Hermann showing off his new skullgun. Possibly by shooting up a vending machine.

That's my local Fry's Electronics. Bell and the 17, my man.

Surprised there's no art around for the Juggernaut by now. Sorry for no colors.

Also apologies to the rest of the requests, it's pretty early here now and my hand is getting sore. If you catch me next Friday I'll make sure I get you.

Would you be willing to do an especially buff troll in an armoured vest standing/leaning next to an up armoured Harley Davidson combat chopper? Bald except for a set of well kept full curl rams horns.

Maybe doing the classic 50s greaser schtick with a file instead of a comb

>Bald except for a set of well kept full curl rams horns.
>Maybe doing the classic 50s greaser schtick with a file instead of a comb

Stealing this for my next character

I'll join in on the pleading bandwagon.

Last thread an user posted a description of his punk mohawk group. I found it pretty amusing, and I'd love to see them visualised.

See

Whoops

Thanks for pointing this out.

Thanks for being around anyway!

Hrm. Anyone know if there was an errata about the gear that goes onto weapons? For some reason the Ingram Valiant has a Stock accessory mounted to it and I'm not sure where it came from.

Thanks man!

It's a real store in Arizona. Show me a Microcenter with a Jap theme and I'll gladly use it.

But that's the trick -you can get to Aztechnology-owned online shopping through the Renraku grid, they just introduce a tiny amount of latency- not enough to stop you, but enough that every time you go there you think, "Man this site is slow."

Guerrilla corporate war at it's finest.

>You get to be strong guys, but you have to be smart too

Most players like the escapist fantasy and don't want to be shit-farmers, but they also like feeling smart and having plans work

>You get to mix technology and magic

A good selling point, as most games don't allow them to go together. 'Wizard with a Deagle' is a mental image that never fails to intrigue. Mention sidelong that mages are not kings in this game.

>There are cute business dragons

If this doesn't hook them, leave the group forever.

i am wanting to make a robot/Ai dude in 4E, got any tips?

Get a Nadeshiko body; good stats without being super-expensive. Mod it up and have Pilot Origins and you can be a street sam.

Emulate from Unwired lets you be a surrogate technomancer.

Sneaksy loli adept in tacsuit with an Ares Alpha on her back and an ultrapower on a dropleg holster.

>other PC is in hospital with rad poisoning due to some shenanagins on an attack at Aztch
>my character considers her a good friend, so he spends her recovery time in the hospital with her
>sees that someone brought flowers while she was asleep
>nice
>talk shop with her
>guy comes into the room
>he's part of KE, investigating some stuff about the last run we were on
>he reviews the audio recording from a bug that was in the flowers beside us
>uh-oh
>reviewing what was said in roll20, DM realizes we never said anything totally damning IC, just skirted some things
>DM good sport so KE blanches and spills spaghetti, but points out that it was known one of the five perps was exposed to radiation during their job, and it's awfully odd that she's getting treatment now
>my dude is the party face and has tons of moralfag points for helping clean out some other scum from the streets
>and 1 logic, so his lies are retarded
>convince KE guy i wouldn't hang with terrorists, and that it was a ghoul that had ate something radioactive and puked on her is what caused her to get rad poisoning
>tell him that we are merely traveling chefs in search of exotic dishes
>my roll has six ranks of success (and my dude did have a bit of a background working in a bar, so it isn't an awful, awful strech)
>KE detective is mostly convinced, but asks for proof of our skill
>I challange him to a cook-off to prove our innocence
>his group versus ours

And that's how my next shadowrun session became Iron Chef

youtube.com/watch?v=zr8o9tOeUEA remote hacking.

Hope you have some skillwires and a Bourdain subscription.

>'Wizard with a Deagle'
I want to be a gunwizard now.
Any particular edition I should use? Is Shadowrun 5E as much of a disaster as DnD 4E was or is it fine?

5e is fine; it's not perfect, but it holds up fairly well, and you'll find the most help for it online.

And fuck you 4eD&D was a great game that got killed by Mearls and his reckless faggotry

I need to get into another game... i mean I'm IN the Seattle area, so I know there's an open group SOMEWHERE...

Only douchebags use deagles.

And now I can't find the source of that thing when I try to look it up.

Basically, the premise that desert eagles were a weapon for villains and douchebags comes from an old grizzled prop master on some film set. When asked what weapon the hero should use, someone proposed a DE, and the prop master was like "Hell no. Only cunts use desert eagles."

>Ingram Valiant has a Stock accessory

The book description says it comes with a shock pad, and that's a stock accessory, right?

>bullpup
>thumbhole stock

eeuugh

Technically the shock pad is a modification to an existing Stock, but the actual Stock accessory is puzzling me. I don't remember adding it, so I'm a smidgeon puzzled. It's not super important or anything.

DEs are classic over compensation mechanism.

You can basically guarantee the guy using one has a comb over, drives a vette and has a small penis.

ayy i recognize that jacket

Oh right, I forgot that chummer had a separate entry for "Stock."

I don't think that's supposed to be there by default on the Valiant.

You must be a big fan of FN, huh?

I am, actually. The FN FAL is a fine rifle, and I liked the Five-seveN when I got to try it out. The P90 is just funky, though. I didn't like it.

The P90 and F2000 are kinda funky weapons. The P90 seems like it's decent for it's design mission which is a high capacity self defense weapon but I'm kinda meh on the F2000 design.

I just really dislike thumbhole stocks and find bullpups extremely cumbersome to reload. But then, my ride of choice is an AK variant so I don't really have any room to complain about reloading being awkward.

Whoa haha! I live about 20 minutes east of the Fry's in OP pic.

They have a surprising amount of pc parts there.

FN is top tier. If I could easily get a SCAR to Finland I'd buy one in a heartbeat.

>tfw some funswitch FNCs are floating around for sub2k but I'm never getting a permit for those

I wanna play shadowrun. Which edition do I bother myself with?

>tfw SCARs, FALs, and G3s are all banned in Canada
>I will never have my battle raifu in 7.62 real fuckin NATO

If you have a group, the one they're using. If you don't have a group yet, 5e.

I think it's more about clapistanians not wanting to export the SCAR for us. Maybe you have a similar situation over there?

Nah, we have a big list of "Guns that are banned because the RCMP say so" and the FAL, SCAR, and G3 (and all variants) are on it.

That's gay. Luckily we have no banned individual weapons at all and no import restrictions.
And no 5 round mag limitations either!

How do they justify banning FALs? "Ease of converting to full auto"?

There isn't a justification.
We've got three levels of stuff:
>Non-restricted, you need a license to own these but you don't need to register them
>Restricted, you need another license to own these and you have to register all of them and get a special permit allowing you to move them from your home to a specific range, and you cannot stop on the way there at all
>Prohibited, nope nope no no nope never unless your direct family owned one before they were prohibited
There's description of what makes something prohibited, a fully automatic weapon, short enough barrel length, etc, then there's also a clause that says
>Any weapon prescribed as prohibited is also prohibited
Which is "this is banned because reasons"
And the FAL, G3, and SCAR are on the list of weapons prescribed as prohibited.

What makes Deltaware better for your soul than alpha and basic wares?

It's retarded. We can have ARs and M14s, but we literally cannot have old service rifles like the FAL and G3. I am sad.

It's so good at bypassing various methods of detection, it even fools your soul.

Better adaptation to your body, better support while healing

Also it is so expensive that your soul thinks it HAS to be better than the rest

>Even your soul is fooled by advertising in the 6th world

>2076-60
>wanting a heavy as fuck battle rifle because muh 7.62 AP NATO

5.56mm master race

You should hop over the border and settle in clapistan for that sweet second amendment.

B-but we can get norinco milled receiver M14 clones here

and a good supply of Lee Enfields

>it's not all that bad, really, unless you're an AK, FAL, or G3 aficionado.

I wouldn't use the full rules implications of my explanation, because the essence loss for deadly damage rules were a royal pain, but here's my explanation.

Your soul, while very good at noticing damage to your body, is not very good at putting the whole picture together. It's possible to get an injury that should have costed you your whole arm, and your soul weakens because it notices that hey, missing an arm, blood loss will kill me.

It doesn't quite realize that the drugs and solution and treatment mean that the injury was you getting your arm taken out and a metal one put in. It just notices a gaping wound. Better grades and installations of 'ware do better at tricking your soul into seeing the metal as part of you, but it's never quite perfect. A delta cyber-arm still has points where the soul is sure that you should be bleeding out, or lost muscle to this that or the other reason, and so still weakens.

Even a delta arm replacement made from your own cells has differences that make the soul freak out. For most people. Biocompatibles and/or gamma could change that.

We also get SVTs for dirt cheap whereas they cost over 1400 USD in America

Do it for your raifu, user.

My friends want me to GM 5th edition for them, and I was wondering if there was a rules summary or something. Just a quick rundown on everything.

Also, do I need a grid or anything like that for combat? Or can I wing it effectively?

What if my raifu harem is a Norinco M14 in scout rifle setup, a Lee Enfield No1Mk3 with sword bayonet, and a No.4T?

Get the Cheat Sheets, print a copy out, possibly multiples if you're gonna supply them for your group, and try the initative tracker.

While you can keep track with just a scratch pad, why not use what you have available?

Well, if you can.

>rules summary
look at the mediafire link in the pastebin in the op
under 5e there should be two folders: Beginner Box and Alphaware Content

also get chummer5. The link is in the OP and the developer posts here as !yekka
Start with Food Fight, it's in one of the two folders

Also, or possibly alternatively, look up the run by Love Love user.

Food Fight's in Alphaware. It's part of Plots and Paydata, the book with all the run/encounter ideas for the maps all the way in the back.

I don't believe in lasting groups anymore so I never fill out those details. I just make a concept I want to play for a week or two and then watch the group dissolve.

And your SKS's are also significantly cheaper than US prices thanks to that same import ban.

The Quick Start rules are freely available and are a bit condensed from the real rulebook.

As far as grids go, they're not strictly necessary, but if you want to enforce movement rules and positioning they're very helpful.
My group uses roll20 maps on a projector for any combat where it's necessary. If there's only a few baddies that will be dropped in the first round, we skip maps entirely.

That's a real bummer, chummer.

Off-topic, but I'm hanging up my catgirlposting today. I know a few of you are interested in having my collection - what's the best way to share a ~400MB 7zip full of cybercatgirls?

So, it's possible to get completely cyberlimb and still have essence left
What metahumanity is left at that point, or is it all circuits and chrome?

You never replace your torso and head, only most of the exterior.

Cyberlimbs are full replacement for arms and legs, cybertorsos and skulls keep your organs, they just put them in a metal shell so to speak.

Actual cyberlimbs, yeah. It's four 1 ess limbs, so you'll have two left over, more if you got better than standard grade or are cybercompatible.

If you want to shell the skull and torso then you're either taking them as 'cyberlimbs' or the bone lacing and in either case you're gonna want to get better than standard grade.

Well, have to if you're getting the shells. But that's really inefficient.

youtube.com/watch?v=3ihIJ1UZAVk
youtube.com/watch?v=Sa1zLRI8ZnQ
How would make Stroheim? For that matter, what about the Pillar Men?

Stroheim is a guy that's gotten (probably beta or delta grade) cyberlimbs, an implanted shotgun (autofire) or SMG, one of the metal bone lacings, and great cybereyes.

Limbs are all enhanced to the nines, armored, possibly bulk-ed, and so forth.

I guess he was right, German Science IS the best in the world.

>Better than standard grade
By which you mean used, right? The less essence left, the better you are as a cyberzombie.

Then you're cheating on your true love, the F A L.

My raifu 4 lyfe is the Sako.

>The less essence left, the better you are as a cyberzombie.
You wanna know what's worse than Cyberzombies...INVISIBLE CYBERZOMBIES!

He probably burned an edge to survive despite the circumstances.

So how often does magic come up in your games?

All the games i've been in or heard about have runners doing traditional cyberpunk things in traditional cyberpunk ways.
When was the last time you robbed a shipment of orichalcum, assassinated the target in hiding with a prodigal spell, or met a spooky ghost.

Often enough. We've fought a few mages, to begin with.

Our last mission involved recovering the wreckage of a jet with an experimental system that was powered by blood magic.

Now we have a client who wants to crash a benefit party put on by one of the premier magical organizations in New York.

Offtopic:
I did the mega thing. Enjoy.
mega.nz/#!JodHVJII!tgjOgwQN6_Fn7pG23QvWi0s8MJ2VophaVOSzZ9PqsC0

>cybercatgirls.7z
>383.1 MB
bless you user

There's no pre-constructed ware at delta grade. When your surgeon goes to work on you, they're also your technician, both customising and putting together your ware on the table.

How hard is Shadowrun to get into? I've always wanted to try it ever since playing the games, but it seems so... rule-heavy.