'No one care about Flesh Eater.'
'Shut the fuck up, bitch!'

Other urls found in this thread:

blacklibrary.com/aos/whaos-feat/labyrinth-of-the-lost-ebook.html
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Where is the Age of Sigmar scene at in Tucson lads

>Carrion King is handsome

Kroak president is best president.

When do you guys think they'll release a Start Collecting! for Wood Elves? I wanna start an army but if I can get the coreshit for nice and cheap I can wait a while.

>Carrion King is handsome
He is the Summerking too.

According to what I've heard from the recent GW manager meeting, elf stuff of some kind is coming in June or July. No idea if it's Wanderers or one of the High Elf armies, though.

That fish is awesome

How would you improve the fluff for AoS boys?

>Sigmar becomes deeply concerned about the rapidly increasing forces of his enemies and that despite the Stormcasts strength and skill, they'll be overwwhelmed
>Decides to create a huge realm outside of the madness of the current realms to grow a military population off the radar of the realmgate wars
>The new realm is rebounded as the "Mortal Realm" whilst the rest are named something else
>Based on Sigmar's memories, the new realm is much more "low fantasy": a relatively mundane universe with a large, temperate world where Order forces live out their lives and fight among each other whilst fighting off the odd intruders who either raid or settle
>The Stormcasts are considered religious figures by Man and Aelf on this world, and they pledge themselves to the conflict they know little about

It's basically the fucking Old World, but it would allow fluff writers the chance to establish Empire/Elven lore/kingdoms free from the chaotic realm gate conflicts.

I actually quite like that - i miss the old world, though I do like how much scope AoS gives for "your guys".

I just don't get the new setting.

How can Beastmen exist and do beastmen things if all the humans are in a realm and they're in the Chaos realm?

Yeah like I really enjoy how much freedom you have to create your own lore and stuff by saying they come from one of the realms but it would be nice to have extremists an established setting too.

Because all the races are displaced across the realms as well as living in their own.

>concept art shown of allariel riding what looks to be a giant rhino beetle? sounds interesting, possible future model? only time will tell

It is real.

See this? Those guys are called tree behemoths.

It's Warhammer Fest this weekend, isn't it? Hopefully there'll be bits and pieces of news creeping out. Speaking of which...

Beetles are good. I always preferred the darker, wilder side of wood elves.

The demidyrads with draichs in that other image looked neat too. And there's good reaction image fodder there, the bloodletter, dwarf and saurus should work for starters.

the possibility of giant elf tiddies is somewhat enticing

What are the Wood Elf factions now? Wanderers & Sylvaneth?

I was thinking I could get 2 units of 20 glaiveguard, 2 units of 15 Eternal guard (or Wildwood Rangers) and then 2 units of Wildriders, would that be a good core force that I could build off of you guys think?

art kinda reminds me of mtg

sorry Gladeguard and 2 units of 5 wildriders

I'd probably get 1 EG and 1 WWR just for the variety. Also to start with I'd get just one box of each unit to cut down on the painting load.

>How would you improve the fluff for AoS boys?

remove sigmarines

Liking this new approach towards Alarielle.

>gargantuan stag beetle
>wings made from leaves
I just hope that's 80's hair and not some stupid headdress. Because I am stoked as fuck if that becomes an actual model.
Half elf, half treekin. Bitchin'.

Its the same box for EG and WWR so I'll have some time to look over and decide what I want and yea I wasn't gonna buy it all at once I was gonna finish up my Iron Warriors and then start this army as my entry into Age of Sigmar.

I need to know:
The Carrion King is really Ushoran?

>and not some stupid headdress
it's a stupid headdress

I can't get over how happy that beetle is.

>How would you improve the fluff for AoS boys?
The mortal realms were born with the great cataclysm rather than the end of the world, the collapse of the gates connected the other worlds populated by the old ones with the warp and this one, allowing for all the strange planar shenanigans plus the normal planets if wanted (not all planes are linked to a single wind in particular); chaos took a heavier tool on those planets than the old world mainly because the latter was the only with the specific geomantic alignment to create a vortex powerful enough (the one at ulthuan); in this way chaos acted exactly as chaos in the age of chaos in those, destroying almost all civilizations except the few small ones your plot will need to have as survivors (just like in age), the elves suffered the most to slaanesh and not having a ulthuan analog they disappeared completely.
The fyreslayers are those dwarfs (both of the old world and the others) that grouped behind grimnir as he fought at the gates and the lands beyond those, the society revolving around the females very little in number and a propension for reckless warfare was developed due to being born from armies that fought in hell for a lot of time.
The mortal realms were later discovered and explored at the end of the cataclysm by dwarves, elves and lizards and other races in search of answers, resources, vengeance or expansionist wills; sigmar at the end of his mortal life was tricked by tzeentch in getting lost in the realms and only found a secure home in the ruins of an ancient civilizations (the later renamed azyrheim by one of the first magician-guides of the empire, technically the place would have more links to the wind of light than heaven, but fuck those guys, the celestial college will stamp its name on it), sigmar discovers his divine nature now in closer contact with the realm of the gods (the warp is all in the hands of chaos, but the gods of order fled to the mortal realms)...
Post limit

Citadel hate generic dragon? FW make a new one. :)

God dammit. Hopefully Alarielle is the size of an average elf so I can swap out the head of a handmaiden I've got knocking around somewhere.
Otherwise I guess I'll need to learn to greenstuff a cowl or something.

Is fimir unique enough to ™ or © ?

And I'm sitting here still waiting for Malerion and Morathi.

>Hopefully Alarielle is the size of an average elf
>implying she won't be huge

FW dragons are always really fucking good, too.

Nice art, looks like a throwback to the 80s. I like the direction the wanderers are taking, and I really hope that alarielle becomes a nagash sized model. Partially because it'll have to be nagash sized to get a decent female face sculpted. I just hope the models live up to the art hype and aren't fyreslayer tier disappointments.

Can't make out anything about the head, but the wings are great.
>Fimirach
Presumably not. That said, I liked those guys in the Monstrous Arcanum, I had hoped they'd get elabporated on.

Well, if she's riding a enormous stag beetle there's at least the chance that she'd be roughly the size of just a tall elf instead of Nagash-tier huge, same as with the other heroes on monster mounts.

...in fact the mortal realm are the last places where gods can live considering the influx of magic pouring from the immaterial; similarly to the warp in the mortal realms now form the coalescences of the gods that aren't the chaotic ones: Gork+Mork/Gorkamorka, the remaining elven gods (at times appearing in new forms and different aspects), what's left of the old human pantheons and even newly spawning beings as sigmar, the twin personality of the lady started by the wood elves, even the will of the greatest of necromancers starts growing in the realms even before nagash fully realizes it.
The mortal realms, despite calmer than the chaos realm, still show a certain spatial and temporal instability where the magic replaced reality in more significant ways, allowing for battles lasting centuries in the span of a pair of mortal years, strange longevity and even stranger landscapes.
The lizards try to reconnect the gates to their previous configurations, get in contact with other lost cities on the other planets and try to found the old ones or more of their indications all the while fighting chaos from reaching the last world.
The elves act as archeologists in their sorrow and curiosity of the fall of their similars on the other lands while rebuilding distant fortresses and planning vengeance against the perpetrator; woodies want to expand and give back the lands of the worldsroots by right.
The humans follow the distant light of their god (mortals don't have such a close presence to their gods even in the mortal realms) and in his name liberate the ruined lands from chaos.
Brets search for the lady and do brets things like errantry wars.
The tomb kings were perhaps among the first who had contact with the mortal realms and in fact many pyramids have analogs emerging from the other sides of reality to better channel the eldritch energies that flow through them and their receding pantheon; constant war with the necromancer; do skelly kings' things

Is Age of Sigmar worth getting in to? I've been eyeing the seraphon and they look cool. But how is the game itself?

elfs are already tall

death hag's like eight feet

Wait until the 3 new rule sets for playing are released, then wait another month to get fair evaluation because the screams of a million WHFB players angry dead souls will fill up the internet saying the game is shit for a while.

How did this picture related become that

She died, became a seed, and regrew with a bigger hat.

and delicious thighs

You know, I was kinda hoping for Alarielle to be reborn into a loli. Anyone else?

It's also her war aspect

Would have been fine with me

So really Sigmar should have just sent in this dude.
>Alarielle! Show me your war face!
>...
>W-well. That's quite s-something.

Go fuck yourself.

Basically this.

It's very difficult to gague how well implemented changes and additions to AoS are because of the sheer amount of background anger from WFB people.

Such an endeavour would be like trying to work out whether your phone's radiation will give you cancer by examining it in the middle of Chernobyl.

god anime faggots are so creepy

>go back to end times, change some of the retarded plot points in ways that would take too long to explain now
Incarnates and allies win the battle of middenheim, Archaons skull is smashed in by Sigmar reborn, and they go to stop the ritual. They discover that, with the power of the artifact now in their hands, the incarnates can use the winds of magic to recreate the world as they see fit and undoing the harms of chaos. Nagash, individually the most powerful, tries to take the power himself and become the One true God of the setting. The other incarnates fight back,, and as a result the ritual goes awry and the Warhammer world is torn apart.

Instead of being destroyed, it splits into 9 different worlds. 8 are the mortal realms, which are replicas of the old world except touched by one of the winds of magic. Near the poles, magic is strongest and the landscapes resemble the weird high fantasy landscapes in Age of sigmar. The further south one goes, the more normal it gets. Just like in the regular AoS, these worlds are populated by survivors of the end times, and souls pulled form all time periods of the warhammer world. As a result, the realms are populated by everything from Golden age dwarfs to modern imperials to sky titans to all the gigantic monsters and were races that existed before the old ones.

The incarnates act as the gods of their respective realms, with other lesser gods included in their pantheons. Sigmar rules Azyr, and begins to reach out to his fellow incarnates in their respective realms by traveling through the realm gates near the poles. The populations slowly rebuild across each of the realms, and new cultures spring up.
While the 8 mortal realms are free of chaos taint for the most part, Sigmar seeks to reclaim the 9th realm, the old world, completely overrun by chaos in the end times. For this task, he shapes the souls of his greatest champions into the reasonably proportioned blanche inspired Stormcast eternals.

My guess is that she'll be Around the size of Orion,about 10-12 feet tall, and that Stag beetle will be about the size of a Mawcrusha .

Well, we know kind of what Malerion looks like (pic related), and that Morathi is changed in ways not yet recorded. I hope she's as huge as Alarielle, with the leg gainz to match. There are also multiple mentions of shadow daemons which either follow Morathi or both of them.

plenty of oats and squats

Cancer.

holy fuckj that looks good. is that AoS era art?

Yes.

yes. Not all Age of sigmar art is deviantart digital speed paint shit-tier trash

I like how it seems the human is running away from the spookycast.

the alarielle one is still digital, it just has a bit of soul in it.

i've dabbled in digital art, it's very easy to lose the natural look that real paints have because you don't have limitations like colour pallettes and no super-sharp lines.

the biggest difference is pretty innocent: the undo key. sometimes mistakes are good.

New AoS short story.

blacklibrary.com/aos/whaos-feat/labyrinth-of-the-lost-ebook.html

There is nothing inherently wrong with digital art, it's the really bad, obviously rushed pieces that give DA a bad rap. Pictures like those dreadful maps....

Kek.

Take note of that treeman in the bottom left corner - just about the Wood-Elf.

It is to short to be a Treelord, I believe it is the new "inbetween Dryad and Treelord" that was rumoured

I mean if you just look at the next post right below it you're probably right

I would totally that Morathi. Dark Elf chicks have always been my achilles heel... always, way back to the early editions. Crazy witch elves...

Morathi best (a)elf.

>another Khorne Lord

Oh cool. Age of Sigmar doesn't have enough of that stuff. "Based" (am I saying that right?) Forge World

My biggest weakness is redheads. Not enough of those in game.

Christ redheads are even my weakness in real life...

Gee dubya give us more damn redheads.

Chill, the rumour with Alarielle riding a giant beetle turned out to be true. You know what was also in this rumour? Slaanesh! She's cumming back and it's gonna be glorious.

If that rumor was real, then it is likely the 30% part was real too

Thank you Tomb King and Bretonnian players.

why do AoS rumours now come with reassurances that AoS is doing well? remember the last guy who did that said AoS was selling as well as 40k?

>why do AoS rumours now come with reassurances that AoS is doing well?

Because Salty Fantasy fans wont believe it.

I might be interested if they replaced the current shitty daemonettes kit.

>Juan Diaz daemonettes will never come back
;_;

Don't remind me.

Between the occasional shitty AoS model and all those fucking lame HH marine kits/ shoulderpads FW has been total garbage for a long time.

God i remember checking the site with glee every month or so, now i don't even bother with the disappointment

The Blood Bowl is real!

Stormcast Eternal team when?

Yes it is.

anyway FUCK YES MORE FIMIR

Just orcs, fampai.

they were a mistake that, ironically enough, is more in line with the vidya-like style of AoS than with Warhammer.

Really stoked for that, can't lie. Here's to hoping it does well enough for GW to continue supporting it.
Kinda tempted to kitbash a Stormcast Eternal team. One box of liberators and two leftover paladins should go some way there, but I've got no idea where to start, let alone how to stat them.

There is a legitimate belief some Fantasy players have that Age of Sigmar is bombing and failing so hard that Games Workshop is going to bring back WHFB.

I feel bad for them but fuck it sold so terribly and the playerbase was stagnant for years its better to have the game transform rather than it just being shelved.

whats the 30% part?

''Age of sigmar makes up 30% of all GW sales'' Is a rumour that has achieved epic meme level.

It's been a difficult process desu.

Like both WFB fans and GW have been retarded over what happened.

WFB simply wasn't profitable. The rules were about as clear and easy to pick up as quicksand and there were huge swathes of armies that almost nobody was playing.

It wasn't selling and none of the tournaments really gave a fuck about it, and WFB fans are having trouble understanding that GW is a company and their hobby was hemorrhaging them money.

On the flipside, GW were reatrded because the replacement of FB with AoS was a PR nightmare. Blowing up the established universe and giving retarded rules to the legacy armies whilst trying to paste their successful Space Marine brand over everything with the Stormcast was a fucking disaster.

That said, they're starting to backtrack now. The fluff is getting better and better and points are coming in. The unit synergy and rules are really interesting too.

The only thing I miss is the Old World. Loads of realms with little established lore just don't cut it, but it is early days.

needs more shooty shooty imo, that's all wood elves are good for. For melee i would look into sylvaneth

Then again, none of that really matters to WFB fans.

They still live in their world of denial where any degree of change implemented by GW into AoS is a sure sign that they're backpedalling and they'll be stocking edition 9 on WFB within the month, whilst simultaneously believing that any feelings about AoS that aren't entirely negative are from paid GW shills.

I'm kind of glad that GW as stopped listening to them and is just making an interesting new universe with cool new races and armies.

>30%

OP here, my sauce said 25%.

I'm worried about points, don't get me wrong, a balance system is needed, but i've got a horrid feeling the game is just going to turn into 40k where everyone just finds out what the 'best' units are for their points cost, and buys as many of them as their chart allows.

I don't think the points system is a sign we'll be seeing a 9th edition of WHFB anytime soon but you have to admit it's a huge about face, especially because GW and parts of the AoS community have been beating the narrative drums so fiercely.

just want my slutty amazons but hey, I take new BB models any day

Because the rumors are spread by GW themselves and are trying to hype up AoS or make the fanbase feel secure about it with the half-truth+lie method?

But no, it's more probable that all rumormongers spreading info about AoS have access about its success, that it's the grognards' fault and that it is exactly the percentage needed to not look ridicolous again and shut up the arguments about old fantasy making up 30% of incomes.

Do you want to back that opinion, or is going to be just that?

So im looking for some kind of helm for my Eternity warden conversion. I cant seem to find anything that looks like the stegadon scale helm in any of the current GW kits, anyone have any advice?

I hope that the emphasis on unit/keyword synergy will shut that shit down though.

40k is so ridden with it because units are objectively good. I imagine in AoS that two mixed units with good synergy could thrash three of the same units at similar points costs.

I mentioned the limited foils and rumors in the same sentence and my blackshirt almost ragequit me