Warhammer 40k general

I'm sorry, i only had a general image with chicken edition.

>Rules databases
mega.co.nz/#F!pFgm0RKR!J06C1gVYcjzNGsF8YNLsjQ
kat.cr/warhammer-40k-pdf-library-t9575373.html

>FAQs
games-workshop.com/en-GB/Rules-Errata

>40k 7th edition quick reference sheet(s)
dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/4104995/Games/7edRef_V7.pdf

>Forgeworld Book index
dakkadakka.com/wiki/en/Forge_World_and_Apocalypse_Rules_Index

>White Dwarves
mediafire.com/folder/tx4hcy4u487pv/WD

>Novels (Working link as of 02/02/2016)
mega.nz/#F!wx4BiKhD!YhnAf1BqSmAB8dO6xDM56Q

First for the Crusade

Which which factions have the best air forces? Rate all the flyers available from best to worst.

Anyone know where i can find the campaign details for the Eye of Terror event or the Medusa campaign? Or any other GW campaign events? I heard some crazy shit like Shadowsun having a sister.

ave dominus nox desu senpai

Orks definitely have the most

As for best thats probably either Marines or Eldar

If the imperial assassins had access to relics what rules would they have?

Let's say one per temple.

Damm I love the ork planes why they have to be so shitty or oop

>Pic related
There's no flier capable to rival such beauty.

>Vindicare
>Doesnt need line of sight to shoot

>Callidus
>Can go into reserve again at any time, and may redeploy as per Polymorphine from reserve next turn

>Culexus
>Can make a unit within 6" freeze for a turn. They cannot perform any action in their turn

>Eversor
>AP2 CCW. On a 6 to hit causes 2 additional hits.

Barracuda, Nightwing, and Thunderbolt

technically all of their equipment would be considered relics

exitus weapons/spy mask
c'tan phase blade/neural shredder/polymorphine
animus speculum/etherium
executioner pistol/frenzon/sentinel array

like, they're all [Temple Assassin], just with different sets of relic gear. Kinda like how in 2nd edition you had a basic [Assassin] that could grab whatever wargear it wanted.

Best are
>Crimson Hunter
>Vulture
>New SM flyer
>Barracuda
>Croissant

Worst are
>Blitza Bommer
>Tau FLyers
>Dark Eldar flyers

Everything else just lands in the middle somewhere

Crunch-wise, Eldar win. Crimson hunters are great fighter craft. Hemlocks are good for ground assaults against anything thanks to psychic powers and the D.

Funny enough, I defeated a Marine's Stormhawk with my Sunshark Bomber in dogfighting.

>Orks definitely have the most
no one is going to have more than the imps, man

Orks have 8 different flyers

>Dakkajet
>Burna Bommer
>Blitza bommer
>Wazbom
>Attack Fighta
>Fighta Bommer
>Bommer
>Blasta Bommer

all the best everything is Eldar.

...Anonymous
05/14/16(Sat)08:07:44 No.47245766
#
The only thing he needs to be good is some form of ap2 for characters and rerolls for his attacks so he can actually chop up chaff units.

Give his neuro gauntlet rending, make his power-sword master crafted then give the assassin himself rage and hatred. Rage doesn't do anything it's just there for fluff.

#
>smash
That would be way too strong on him, can you imagine what he would be like with smash?

Not too surprising. The Interceptor Drones are pretty sweet, plus the thing has a networked Markerlight and Missiles to work with.

The Sunshark has always been a solid fightercraft.

Interceptor drones are great anti-air.

Remove Chickin

Imperial Navy alone has at least ten.

Avenger
Thunderbolt
Lightning (Lightning Strike)
Marauder Bomber
Marauder Destroyer
Valkyrie
Vendetta
Vulture
Arvus Lighter
Aquila Lander

And that's BEFORE you add in all the space marine ones.

Why is everything Orks get severely overpriced?

Every gun is priced as if a Space marine were going to use it, not a BS2 ork

PHONES A SHIT

laughingImperialGuard.jpg

why is a 5+ invulnerable for any vehicle you have only 15 points for eldar?

They're ok.

Why is Daemonic Possession 30 Points for a Typhon if all it does is reduce the Typhon's Ballistic Skill?

would mech guard with 2-3 wyverns, a punisher vulture, valk, and a stormsword be cunty in a not super competitive meta?

depends on the points range.

What do other people's lists look like? If we're talking "Boyz, Fexes, and Berserkers: The Meta," then yeah, that's pretty cunty.

Nah.

Might wanna warn the opponent you're using a Superheavy though, just to be sporting.

>2-3 wyverns
>not super competitive meta
fair warning, but wyverns are not very fun in any sort of casual setting

its not that casual, we have a couple kinda powergamey dudes, thunderstar and KDK with all the power choices, then a guy who alternates between steel legion, cancercrons and knights. several ork playrs of varying levels and a dark angels guy i havent played much, off the top of my head.
its not tournament time all the time but its not fun n fluffy either

>smash
>That would be way too strong on him, can you imagine what he would be like with smash?
Yes, I know, that's why I want smash, I want to WRYYYYYYYY the shit out of everyone.

Not that they would ever get in range to do it, but could a priest and three crusaders tie up a knight's in assault for two turns? 3++ rerollable seems like something that loses mostly to weight of dice.

potentially, but the risk of both stomps and 6's for D makes it pretty swingy

>smash
The knight have D attacks plus stomp, one lucky 6 and all your guys are gone with no chance of survival.

Someone on an earlier thread said that if I wanted to have a C'tan shard looking like the void dragon I should use a mortarch. Which one should I use if I want to do so?

Also, what should I do with the extra riderstuffs, along with the little spooky ghosts?

The one you like, it doesn't matter all the montarchs come in the same box.

a morghast would look better in my opinion

I guess hoping a 70 point unit could survive 3d3 stomps without a single 6 is a bit much.

Too bad making the squad bigger doesn't actually improve its survability any.

>Dark Eldar flyers

The Razorwing isn't bad at all. At 130 points base it can come in, drop four large blast markers on an annoying infantry blob, then spend the rest of the game whittling down other squads with its Disintegrators. Or bring it up to 140 points and it can use its Dark Lances to pick off vehicles or harass other flyers, even if it just forces them to Jink. It's vulnerable to Interceptor fire, yes, but so is every AV10 aircraft in the game.

Open to suggestions and changes at the moment since I haven't gotten him yet, why do you think morghasts would be better?

Why are sigmar skeleton models so sexy?

Toss it on a bits site, of course.

Or give the spooky ghosts to a Crimson Slaughter player.

>why do you think morghasts would be better?
won't have to fuck around with the saddle area
cooler head
comes with two
still less expensive than a single mortarch

Of course Eldar would have the best benefits from Death from the Skies.

I'm fucking surprised Eldar didn't somehow benefit from Angels of Death too in some random way, despite the fact that it was marine only.

What's currently the weakest race, i.e. the race with the fewest viable builds?

Eldar are Allies of Convenience with Marines. They could theoretically pick up an Allied Librarius Conclave and use a bunch of Geomancy librarians to try and roll Shifting Worldscape, as well as provide extra Warp Charges

CSM or Orks.

Counting build numbers is stupid as fuck. CSM, SoB, and Tau all have only one viable build, for example. But I think it's pretty obvious Tau isn't hurt by this while CSM is even worse than SoB.

Orks are the weakest. They lack any sort of good anti-armor, along with a multitude of other gaps.

>Tau
>One viable build

Is that what you call having a bunch of great units in every slot?

Even if you're talking maximum cheese you've still got the Optimized Stealth Cadre and Riptide Wings as separate things. Add Crisis Suits and Buffmanders to taste.

Again, that's competitive level though. An army of nothing but Firewarriors would still probably mop the floor with an Ork list.

Nobody at GTs runs anything but Stormsurges and Riptide Wing. If you're going to include shitty Tau builds just because Tau are overpowered in general, you might as well say every army except 1 or 2 has tons of "viable" builds, including Orks (hurr Nob Bikers, Green Tide, Blitz Brigade, CAD, etc).

you don't know what viable means mate

IDK if that Black Library mega is still up, but IIRC it had the campaign books for 13th Black Crusade and Medusa campaigns

That it's capable of actually functioning?

If you're going to say that Tau only have 1 viable build because people only bring 1 list to tournaments, then Chaos Marines have 0 viable builds.

Just curious, how viable is a Razorshark Strikefighter with Advanced Targeting System for assassination?

If you're going to include the best CSM or SOB list as 'viable', then I would certainly say that any Tau list that is as good as those is also 'viable'

A list doesn't stop being viable just because it isn't the most optimal for an army.

>chaos marines have 0 viable builds
But that's true.

Then tell that to

you say this and yet you claim csm and orks have 1 viable build as well. They have no viable builds then.

Alright. I'll look between them more to decide eventually, thanks for your input.

>How viable
Not particularly.

It seems like the only vehicle that can take advantage of the Advanced Targeting System besides Skyray.

It's cheaper to use a Ghostkeel for that role.

Heavy Burst Cannon Riptide.

I said vehicle. I know that for suits the thing is ridiculous chep.

Anyone know if the Tactical Objectives app has the Waagh Ghazkhull Objectives?

got a question for you nerds, when playing maelstrom missions, do you shuffle achieved objectives back into your deck or leave them separate? a couple local guys are claiming you need to shuffle the cards back in to keep it the same statistically as rolling dice for your tactical objectives

I mean technically they aren't wrong, now that you mention it.

Seeing as the rulebook ask you to write a list of all the possible objectives and cross them out as they are achieves, re-rolling later results of the same...

>including Orks (hurr Nob Bikers, Green Tide, Blitz Brigade, CAD, etc).

>Nob Bikers

It is no longer 4th ed user. Nob Bikers are garbage.

>Green Tide

What's that?

>Blitz Brigade

Fun build. Not remotely competitive. FAQ rules no first turn charge with it, putting the final nail in the coffin.

>>Green Tide
>
>What's that?

Have an upcoming "beginners" tournament, 750pts, not sure what to run. Looking to buy a new army to get back into 40k and looking for advice one what to run.

Tournament limitations:

1 HQ or Lord of War
1 Elites
1 Troops
1 Fast Attack
1 Heavy Support
0-1 Auxilary (any ONE of the following : Elites, Troops, Fast Attack, Heavy Support, Fortification)

NO Super Heavies, Gargantuan Creatures, Mighty Bulwarks or Fortification Networks.

Also has to be "friendly" enough not the be veto'd by the TO's, but competitive enough to have a chance.

You're allowed to use out of production formations but you're not allowed to used out dated rules.

War gazzy got updated and green tide was purposely removed.

Not what it says.
If we gonna RAWfag, we gonna RAWfag hardstyle.

Seeing as there's no new version of the Green tide formation, it's not out-dated just longer available, so the ruling applies to it.

>one of each slot, maybe 2
that is some real cuck shit

>best visuals
Tau, by way of Barracuda (the old one, but the new one is pretty decent, too); Dark Eldar close behind.
>worst visuals
Tau, in the form of the Razorshark/Sunshark; Space Wolves are a close second.
>best rules
Probably a tie between Space Marines, Eldar and Tau.
>worst rules
Orks. Space Wolves are also kinda shit.

>750pts, not sure what to run. Looking to buy a new army to get back into 40k and looking for advice one what to run.
pick a get started set that grabs your eye and build off of that

>1 troop

if it's a beginner's tournament just run what fucking ever. so pick your favourite force.

Yeah, I know, it's clear they want people to buy more, but I'll be happy to make a 750 army, they have 3 of these tournaments a year

Chaos daemons:
Greater daemon of your choice
Pink horrors
Second troops of your choice
Screamers/plague drones
Skull cannon of khorne/Soul grinder

Limits the scatspam, if done you can't also spam warp spiders.

That's what I mean by "beginners", they phrase it like that so they can veto lists they don't like, but its more competitive than they make it out to be.

dark eldar
archon, 2 slyyth/medusae venom
2 units of kabbies, 1 blaster each, venom
6 reavers, 2 cluster caltrops
ravager, lances, night shield
get ready to fuck people straight in the face, they won't see it coming

>>best visuals
>Tau, by way of Barracuda (the old one, but the new one is pretty decent, too); Dark Eldar close behind.

>NO Super Heavies, Gargantuan Creatures, Mighty Bulwarks or Fortification Networks.

hi where do they run tournaments like this

>It is no longer 4th ed user. Nob Bikers are garbage.
They only were a thing for the tail of 4th. They existed into 5th and were good in very early 5th - but soon the meta made sure they weren't much chop regardless.

I always forget Eldar bikes are troops.

Damn Eldar ruining everything.

Wherever enough people decide to.

deffkoptas? and all kind of looted shit?

>1 Troops
>2 units of kabbies

deffkoptas are skimmers, as are warkoptas

I love me some knights, but I kinda feel like this bastard is too large. He dosen't gel with the other knights at all, even the already lanky cerastus stands out in a household, this fucker is taller than a goddamn warhound!

Orks currently have zero viable builds, so Orks.

Knights are already far too big.

If somebody puts that thing on a table I'm walking away.

That's out of scale buddy, we've seen the models next to one another and it's shorter than a Cerastus.