twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Mystery Box 1

First for Dragon Turles
Necromancer update never

Mystery Box 2

strawpoll.me/10203143
strawpoll.me/10203106
strawpoll.me/10203070

Next set of ranks will done tonight, also if the anons who posted origins earlier could re-post? I lost those in with the near finished set of the ranks.

>temporary memory death

No, thanks. It's kind of funny to have not-me save the world only to be erased from our body as I return to reap in the rewards. I'm not that much of an asshole though.

>SMT: Devil Survivor
>name: Simon Belieux
>appearance: generic goodlooking guy
>devious antihero
>RETURN TO EARTH

I'm going to win the Throne of Bel and bring all that shit back to earth. It should be easy as pie with devious antihero.

Amnesia is memory death, now? And getting your memories back somehow 'erases' the person you were when you had amnesia?

Its hilarious how good the mystery box 1 or 2 is. Either way you can't truly be defeated, history will absolve you!

I think neither of them let you have your memory back.

There are entire support groups out there for people who regained their memory after a long period of amnesia. They tend to undergo identity crisises.

Oh, what the hell, I might as well post it.

I'm not sure about the things I've made there so far, so I could use some help and critique.

Should I tone it down with 'fancy graphics'? Did my attempt at making lore and worldbuilding fail? Is introductory part too long, if readable at all? Is my CYOA going to be absolute thrash that I should just drop and forget about?

While I hate the "hurr durr memory death" meme, in this case I hate the memory erasure more. It makes no fucking sense - why bother to take someone from Earth in that case?

I'm not going to read it, because fuck reading wips, but the way the box 'disintegrates' to the sides looks neat (in the intro).
I'd have it do the same thing at the top and bottom, too.
So, yeah, looks pretty. Definitely prettier than anything I make. I cannot be bothered to use/find background images.

One gripe, since it's the one thing I read
Under Seeker
>... other spells in this CYOA
Don't do that. Please. It breaks all suspension of disbelief or whatever the phrase is.
Like breaking the fourth wall.

Quads don't lie.

What are you talking about? I see zero quads here.

So what happened to the Philippines, New Zealand, Papua New Guinea and Hawaii?

I like it. Two things.

Centuries cannot have passed between Void and Creation if Time was part of Creation.

Blood Magic can't or shouldn't be the 4th Sin since it is the exact opposite of a Sin. Blood Magic brings us closer to the Void, not further.

Britain is NOT part of Europe. PLEASE CHANGE.

das rite BRITEXIT

What is it part of then, Russia?

Woosh

I tried to make the 'disintegrating' thing at top and bottom, but it didn't look quite as good. Atleast I don't think so?

>Don't do that. Please. It breaks all suspension of disbelief or whatever the phrase is.

Okay, I'll rephrase that part.

Since I can't think of anything, nothing of importance.

>Centuries cannot have passed between Void and Creation if Time was part of Creation.

It's 'eternities', not 'centuries', but I'll change the wording of this part.

>Blood Magic can't or shouldn't be the 4th Sin

That's assuming you buy into the conventional wizard propaganda about it, but that's probably too complicated.

Okay, I'll teleport it to Asia. Have fun with hordes of demons and such.

Im looking for some really complex character creation CYOA
Alternatively, a good mystery CYOA (that's not Quiet) will do just fine.

It will be, soon after their economy crashed because of 'I want to be special for no reason or I'll get out of this beneficial agreement'.
Seriously the reasoning behind that boils down to ¨REEEEEEEEEEEEE¨

Traveler. If you want complex character creation, that's probably the best thing around for it. Also the lore is great.

Behold!

>EU
>Beneficial
Sure Achmed, sure.

I'm not the original posters, but here are the ones I found.

>Fire and Blood | Road Warrior

You are a survivor. One of the last of humanity, fighting for survival on a scorched Earth. You barely remember a time before the end. Mankind went rogue, tearing itself apart and burning the world with nuclear fire. You and those you know are those that refused to die with the rest of the world. You have fought so hard, for so long, to hold onto anything that might be a shred of hope. You've watched everything you ever know die, with the only constants being your car, your gun, and the endless broken highways before you. Now though, past mistakes have finally caught up with you, and those are gone too. Your hope has finally be extinguished, and yet there seems to be a light at the end of the tunnel?

(Mid Tech Understanding, Martial Training, Survivor, Adaptability, *Not Currently in the CYOA driving skill*)

>The Old Civilization | Terrified Onlooker

You are one of the last of the first. Tens of thousands of years before Sumer scrapped chicken scratches on clay, your people built glittering citadels across the globe. Magic and science entwined into the lifeblood of this world. Great magus-engineers constructed wonders beyond your imagination, and you laid eyes upon them. You were a simple citizen, not one of them. When they started work on their greatest achievement though? You knew something was wrong. They built a tower that looked ready to scratch the heavens, and when it did? The sky split upon, and your world drowned in blood. You couldn't tear your eyes away, but someone else did.

(Advanced Tech Understanding, Basic Ethereal Manipulation, Educated, Languages Proficiency)

I notice that with each Sin the amount of "Chosen" becomes smaller. Only Earth had life. Only humans gained sapience. Only some wizards became blood mages.

So I'm theorizing that this will continue until one final entity becomes the complete antithesis of the Void and this entity will retroactively bring down the Creation and hence put in motion the chain of Sins that allowed for its existence. This entity is God, not necessarily the judeochristian one.

How did I do?

Traveller is one of the least complex character creation CYOAs. Hunter is more complicated. The thing about Traveller is that there is an absolutely insane amount of content to read through, and so much of it is a joy to read through.

>really complex character creation CYOA
Alice?

Hey Veeky Forums, I'm long-time lurker in those threads and I want to create my first CYOA.
I want to name it Band-it CYOA and it would be about creating a band (cheesy, I know). It would include some stats (like popularity, income, music quality, influence, loyalty of fans etc.), choosing genre, manager, staff and band members (you can be one by yourself), instruments, gigs and other traits. I have many ideas how to expand it, too. I want it to be big and versatile enough to be able to make k-pop band as well as brutal death metal one.
Is this idea any good? How to make it? I know how to use photoshop and I'm quite decent artfag by myself, but I have no idea what I should start with. Does anyone have any useful tips or wants to share experiences? What should I take notice of? I think making synergies and balancing the whole thing will be real pain in the ass.

Does this count?

I should do this again since he added that upgrade to tier 1 powers, but I don't know exactly what to go for, and I already made three builds.
But I haven't seen a CYOA that intrigued me for some time / I actually cared about enough to imagine how my "new life" would be like, and I don't feel like working on my own just yet, so maybe I will

The idea sounds fine to me.

There's some tutorials by SDA sitting around.

I don't know much about making cyoas (still need to learn how to make it into an image file), but your idea sounds good, and is certainly different.

>and I already made three builds.
>three builds.

So I'm not the only one who makes multiple builds for cyoas?

Can they be rogue nations?
like pirates?
Kiwi mage pirates

You should keep in mind that maybe 5% of cyoag has any musical skill and that most of us lack the appeal and charisma to become a succesful musician.

What I'm trying to say is, please add a boatload of traits.

Don't forget stuff like Opera either.

>So I'm not the only one who makes multiple builds for cyoas?

Of course not. Though personally I rarely go all the way in stating out builds past the first I do like to sit and think about alternate ways of doing things.

I would consider any CYOA where I can (and want to) make multiple, diverse builds to be highly successful.
I think only this one, the Generic Fantasy CYOA one, Monster Hunter and Alice (but that's with rolling) have enabled me to do this.

So yes, there's at least one other guy who makes multiple builds IF the CYOA interests me enough. There's so fucking many combinations possible in this one.

What is the pic used in the mystery box from?

>Generic Fantasy cyoa

Which one is that? It sounds incredibly generic. I'm serious.

Buttfuck it, might as well go in. I know I just need to do companions, and I could honestly probably knock it out today, but I want to do cyoa for once, too, not spend all my time making them.
kek, guess I'm saltier than I thought. But I do mean it seriously.
Rapture academy CYOA was cool even if it didn't appeal to me, because it was something beyond "pick one".
Is it too much to ask for some OC, that i didn't make, that has plot and a world to explore?
See you in like, fourty minutes.
Is story-time okay?

It doesn't have a name, and it's really generic and includes fantasy races, so I thought it was a fitting title.

That's Kumagawa.

Remember guys, don't make CYOAs that involve rape in any way. It's very triggering.

From what?

>Only some wizards became blood mages.

Well, theoretically anyone could become a blood mage, since everyone has blood within them. You don't have to have an inborn magical talent to draw a circle with blood and say a few words to summon a demon.

>one final entity

This isn't what I had in mind, but I like the idea and I know where it would fit. So this might be a thing now.

>How did I do?

You did good.

It would be too much of an effort to draw a new location just for this. But I'll give you specifically a unique privilege to make a build with New Zealand as your location.

rape

RAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAPE

Triggers are my fetish.

First result in google you lazy bum.
Medaka Box.

Where I can find them?
I thought it would be nice to make CYOA I would have fun with and original enough to offer something new.
I know, but you don't have to be a part of the band you're creating - you can be also the manager, staff member or some sort of grey eminence. Of course tutors will be accessible (not only for you - for band members, too), as well as magical-tier plastic surgeries.
About genres - I thought there will be 5 main genres (like pop, rock, classical, folk, metal - each of them giving bonuses to each of stats), a trait that makes it possible to choose any two main genres (but you suffer penalties from both) and trait-like subgenres (like progressive, indie, symphonic, electro, punk, funk, black, death, jazz, blues, you name it) so it will be possible to make such crazy combinations like "progressive funky black folk metal".

I-I did good? Thank you, bloodanon. No ever told me that before. I might go full yandere on your adorable little ass now. I mean, it's not yandere if it's destined love but I won't get ahead of myself. I'll just keep track of your cyoa for now. You'll do better if I'm watching, right?

In the cyoa archives in the pastebin

Thanks user, that was silly of me to not check it beforehand.

Chosen hero seems like the best choice.
Boring sure, but they tend to live long and happy lives while many of the others... don't.

Manga started off kind of banal, then went so far away from there at some point all I could say was there was some kind of theme being expressed that's way too deep for me to get.

QUICK, SOMEBODY POST SKELETON GANG RAPE

>That last ?
I DON'T REMEMBER THIS
WAIT JUST A FUCKING MINUTE

Huh, I usually take Envy as my primary and just noticed the Gluttony subpower for tiers 2 & 3 are the same.

Fun fact: When there was a poll to determine the most popular character in Medaka Box, Kumagawa won with well over 4000 votes. Medaka, who came in second, had less than a thousand.

>? that wasn't there before

Well, color me intrigued.

The fact that continentals think like this is proof Britain needs to get out.

Yea this one and the third character poll were very clear with Kumagawa being a clear favorite.

Plus he got his own spinoff and an actual harem of top tier waifus.
He deserved to win for once ;_;

Is anyone feeling a certain sense of deja-vu? I feel like, unironically, someone is going to do or say something un-pc and this will trigger something. There'll be a minor fight and this one here will ignore the calls to change something about his/her CYOA and that'll cause something else. I might have it confused but I don't know.

Who cares if some whiny whorebag gets triggered?

How do I do magic for a highpower mage cyoa? Is it fine to stick to archtypes (druïdism, necromancy, etc.) or should I give out specific spells?

The problem might be in my premise. You need to take out a BBEG in X years when the fucker suddenly shows up so you need to have magic geared towards taking out BBEGs. Yet until those fuckers show up, you're free to do whatever you want so I figure you also need magic geared towards usage in your daily life. How can they do both though. Maybe I'm overcomplicating stuff?

looks cool. I didn't really read everything because it's a wip, but liked the parts I did read. I probably wouldn't read the intro because it's long, doesn't seem very interesting, and is white-on-white. Some other places have the "small white text on a white background" problem. Looks really good, although the rotated location images have artifacts on their edges.

I hope so. Bitches whining ineffectually is my fetish.

Hell hath no fury...

Where?

Gentlemen, in honor of our lord and savior Misogi Kumagawa, I propose a Kumagawa CYOA where every option involves Kumagawa.

Can it be done?

I mean, some people would want to adventure and kill shit in general or be a merc.

Where what?

where, or what is the name of the spinoff?

Say that to Joseph Joestar.

Go with archetypes. It makes it a lot easier on you, and most have at least a few uses in both combat and daily life.

Good Loser Kumagawa

well...
Now it's here

Starting with drawbacks
>Unknown
Honestly isn't a drawback. I'd rather my parents don't know the shit I'm planning to do. The whole "people who loved you before will hate you" won't be a problem. I'm not staying in this country, of course.
Getting Identification papers shouldn't be too hard with these powers.
Demon waifu was tempting, for sure, and Third times the charm would make it more likely I do enough bad shit for a not-totally bad time in Hell.
Let's try something new is fun, and a horribly devilish thing to do, but doesn't mesh with Unknown.
>Specialty Versatility
Is just too good. Kinda sucks that it only works for the secondary power, I assume he forgot to change it when he added specialties for the primary powers

Lust tertiary, Sloth secondary, Pride primary
>Lust 1
I can't decline a power that makes me more attractive. Yes, other powers are more useful, but it's just such a nice thing.

>Sloth 1
Such an amazing way to spread evil. Only question is how it interacts with Pride 1: On one hand, I can skip eating and sleeping to improve myself, and it would harm others. On the other, not eating healthy = not improving myself, but it won't actually harm me anyway.
So I guess half the week I eat cake and candy, hurting others, and the other half I eat nothing but healthy stuff, to improve my body.
>Sloth 2
It's okay, I guess. Not a fan of the "you have to visit every 24 hours". Since I have Pride 3, this isn't too useful. I still feel this is more useful than Lust 2, thanks to how great Pride 3 is.
+Pride, because Lust is useless. Again, it's not too useful since I don't plan to stay in the same place too long. Still, it's kinda cool for the early years.
+Gluttony (Specialty Versatility), mainly because of that 24 hour rule.

Medaka Box

>Pride 1
Amazing.
>Pride 2
+Sloth, because that's just so useful, too. I could leave hateful reviews for restaurants and amusement parks and cause their decline, or leave positive responses to awful movie scripts. Both easy ways to spread evil.
>Pride 3
Cult. Basically, write some "self-help books" (Pride 2's Sloth Speciality will help greatly) that don't actually help you out (Think PUA or red-pill), and suggest they go out causing damage and rape. Hey, it's not my fault that's how they interpreted the book.
+Lust. Huh. So I didn't need the Lust 2 power afterall. Goodie. And it's even easier to get my fans to rape and do other degenerate shit. I'm going for a harem end, personally.
+Sloth. Neat. My followers will go out of their way to grant me more followers. So I guess with the Lust Speciality, this means those I would be attracted to go out of their way to attract more girls for my harem.
And they're all the not-murdering-me-or-my-harem type yanderes.

I went Pride 3 -> Celebrity before, but this time I'm going more for some Anonymous-tier thing, with harassing people both online and in real life. Just basically troll the shit out of everyone.
And I swear there used to be a way to get an additional tertiary power. Sloth and Pride's primary tier weren't too useful for my plans of anonymity and spreading of chaos.
Wasn't sure on what to get with Specialty Versatility.

I spent insane amounts of time hopping back and forth, figuring out whether to get Sloth or Pride as the Primary power, and which Secondary Specialization to spend the Specialty Versatility on.
I didn't need Lust thanks to Pride 3 with Lust. I thought about SLoth 2 with Envy, to steal attributes, but Pride 1 kinda negates that and the 24 hour rule can fuck you up.

I probably explained my premise wrong. The idea is that you are a Sleeper Agent Mage. You will pick a single major city to live in for the next 10-15 years. At some point in the final 5 years a BBEG will awaken in your city. It is your responsibility to stop it when that time comes. Until then you are free to do whatever you want in your city. Just don't mess up.

I think I'm indeed going for archetypes.

Don't make fun of me but what are the major/most important cities of the world? I'm thinking New York, Paris, Bruxelles and Hong Kong. Is that about right? What other cities should I include?

Well you're really going to have to define major/most important. Economic/cultural impact in the modern day? Historical/cultural importance? Since you have a more magical theme the latter would make sense but then none of your choices besides maybe Paris would be at all relevant.

Thanks for posting those, I would have lost them.

Highlander, do you want some more? Round it out to four or six? I've got some more ideas I've been stewing over.

There's a limited amount of people like you so for a city to be included they should mostly be economically and politically valuable. Maybe one cultural city can be included because of magical world heritage reasons. It's mostly about political influence though.

City should also be fun for user to live in of course.

Sure, I'll take everything I can get, even if I don't use it I can store it for later.

Primary: Greed (Spec: Pride)
Secondary: Sloth (Specs: Pride, Gluttony)
Tertiary: Pride

Curses: Vampiric Thirst
Boons: Secondary Versatility

I'm supernaturally good at self-improvement and able to convince anyone that I'm the perfect fit for any job. That's going to be a serious spring board into some serious dosh.

Gluttony's upgrade on Sloth 2 is just lovely, combined with Pride. I only need to visit once a month.

Abuse, cruelty and screwing people over for my own gain.

It's not the most fancy evil but it's classic and it's evil that works.

Another important consideration, is the city tied to the BBEG or affect it in anyway?

Because then you might want to pick cities with special history or legends that a magical BBEG would draw power from. Like Cairo making the BBEG some kind of ancient pharaoh, or if the BBEGs are interchangeable then they could get some kind of ancient Egyptian maggufin artifact or something.

Tokyo is practically a mandatory city on all counts, being literally ancient, populous, physically huge, economically important, and the crux of the inevitable weeb magical girl builds.

Syndey would be pretty much the only city in Australia most people would instantly recognize. so if you want to include Austrailia that's probably the one to go with.

How about Vatican City (Or rome, really but the political power of the Vatican as a religious center is what I was thinking if)

London. Nuff said.

>Implying there is something wrong with being a good hunter

So, the obvious endgame here is scamming your way into starting global thermonuclear war, right?

I think the whole theme was a deconstruction of Shonen/SoL/general manga

Maybe if you are Wrath.

The others? Not likely so much. I can't see Sloth's endgame changing the world dramatically.

my endgame is causing the beta uprising, not war between countries.
Also scamming weak-willed people and raping, and improving myself as much as possible.