SS13: EXTREME Necromancy

Welcome to d20Station.

BYOND Download link: byond.com/download/

To connect: Open BYOND, click the gear in the upper right. Click "Open Location" and paste in the IP below. Click "Ok", or place the ip into your browser.
byond://76.16.8.127:28014
alt: byond://d20station.ddns.net:28014

BYOND account registration link: secure.byond.com/Join
Without an account you can still join but you will only be able to join as either a hobo or a tourist. People without an account reported difficulty joining the server and maintaining connection, get an account.

>What the fuck is Space Station 13
A top down atmospherics simulator with a "whodunit" on top. Survive in the station and do your department's job, while fixing the problems that the antagonists cause.

>How the fuck do I play this game? I keep hitting myself with things.
Use OOC and ask someone for help on how to play. People will almost always help you get a grip of the game if you're polite about it, just don't reveal too much in-round information in OOC.

Other information can be found on the wiki. robustvinyl.com/ss13/wiki/
Check out the server pop graph to see when people are playing: ss13.se/servers/2284/

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=9KbuS7yZcUw
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Bump

Funny, I thought this place had died.

It doesn't have to

I'm longing for a round, anyone on?

4 people so far, almost a party

Aw yiss, I almost wish we had some shitters on to stir shit.
Anyone for some bully?

if I wasnt leaving in like 30 mins I'd be a shitter but eh

Currently updating the changelog.
After that I'll try to get a good compile.
Then I'll flip dorf on, unless someome stops me.

forgot trip

>build a proof of concept plasma state converter
>airtight room with 100c carbon dioxide in it
>disposal pipe to insert the solid plasma (could be made into conveyors and airtight flaps)
>scrubber on panic siphon to move the air from the room into the pipe system
>filter moves plasma into a canister to be cooled and stored
>moves carbon dioxide to be heated to 100c and put back into the reaction room

Also it seems a single bar of plasma is 15-20 moles.

It's also pretty robust if you get stuck in there.
No hope to weld out or anything unless you have magboots.
This footage ain't sped up.

>advertise a fun loop-de-loop conveyer system
>actually ends in the death room
can't wait

Is that fucking chaplain still around? He ruined literally everything. He's the reason there's no one on this server anymore...

byond://76.16.8.127:28020

remind me to redo foam so it spreads appropriately

I think it would make a very good room denial weapon if used in conjunction with acid

What are those things in your eggs?

chocolate marshmellows nigga

[extreme dorf noises]

My setup feels like a chump setup after seeing yours

>warping z levels into a r-wall exists on dorf
[wake me up inside]

[dwarf sounds unintensify]

This image will summon Lone Lee.

Remember to avoid the Z-level menace.
>tfw got legit robusted by a z-level jump

jesus im disgusted but also disgusted

I leave for 8 hours and no ones on dorf, goddamn it

I'm on dorf, I elected not to sleep

Awful quiet in the station. Dare I ask we try and advertise ourselves to up the usercount, or is it just gonna end in Veeky Forumsstation 2: Electric Hookaloo.

Any R&D nerd for dorf? Machines are up

I want to get back into some ss13, I used to play a long time ago on the old Veeky Forums ship, stopped some time after botany and the library were added.

Tried connecting but I keep getting "your connection timed out" a few minutes in. Anyone have any ideas? I just re-downloaded BYOND.

Does this new station lag to hell like the old one would?

I figured it out, I needed to log in. It's been a while. Doesn't look like anyone is on though, i'll try again later

Yeah the community is pretty dead the now, keep an eye on the thread incase some necromancer comes along and revives us.

i've been cooking up some stuff
heres a hint

does it have to do with cooking or is it just layered pasta?

bar is getting comfy, cryo for braindeads looks sweet

not much to do with actual cooking im afraid
its a bit more like an ogre

I can't stay connected to the d20 server. It was fine months ago when I played but now I get connection timeouts randomly all the time.

Are you using a guest account?

>yet again people are just repurposing old areas for new things
rip the dream of tube based outposts

Why don't you come on and build some shit then?

You want to give us a bit more to go on than "layers"?

You've already figured it out with that bud.

is this the station where flash gordon kills everyone at arrivals and stuffs them in a trashcan and the admins defend him?

no

but you're close

because literally nobody would use it and would just as soon build the same thing just stapled in a corner of medbay
it was once

im sure more people would get on if they weren't afraid of being gender swapped or murdered while they learn the controls

this is Veeky Forums
that is the main reason people get on

Only Woad-Bangle is afraid of that, frankly.

>wah wah I don't want to play SS13
Then don't play SS13 friendo.

This response encompasses why this server is dead

>I have a complaint
>suck my fucking dick you whining homolust dont play on my server then fuck you

Not even that guy

But friendo that's what the game is all about regardless of server (minus HRP), and shit like that has never happened in the 1-2 years I've played here.

Just about every new player asking for help including me has received it with zero shittery.

A game that's all about fucking with the new people and banning the old people who mess up is going to find itself dead pretty fast.

>A game that's all about fucking with the new people and banning the old people who mess up is going to find itself dead pretty fast.

Are you sure you have the right server?

Exactly what I'm talking about man, acting this way to new players is what's killing this server. But hey if you'd rather sit alone on an empty server with the occasional friend than play on one with even like 10 people continue.

>ask question
>such a hostile reply

My friend, when people ask you if you know the controls, harrassing them and shitting on their face doesn't help. It's most likely why you got genderswapped by an angry medical doctor who tried to help you learn the game.

this game, on any server, is probably just not for you.

perhaps you should try purble place, it might be more your speed

Is there a full picture of yours modified Mini somewhere? I want to steal it for my own private 15 people non-english speaking server.

Is this hispanistation again?

why don't you just hop the fence over here then hombre
i am a big fan of your people
youtube.com/watch?v=9KbuS7yZcUw

Ive been playing the game and this server for like 2 years dude im not worried about me im worried about the server and the fact that its fucking dead all the time

There wasn't anything done to kill it though, if anything it was just the comcast lagfest that started this ded spell off.

Im not saying one big event made every player leave im saying if you have an enviroment in which new players cant have fun theyre not gonna join, and if theres no new people then the server will die off

But new players can have fun(well they can't now that it's dead as fuck)?
I got 4 people into the game with D20 and they loved all of it.

I got into the game with d20, d20's fucking great, the first time I joined I got put in a cage and killed for no reason. Most people aren't gonna keep playing after shit like that. And it's easy to have the attitude "Well then this game isn't for them" but that also means we have no players

I really don't get what you're going on about.
The reason the server is dead is because we don't have a community right now, nothing to do with the treatment of new players.

Are you proposing we turn the server into a hugbox?

If you take a car, and put gas in it, but only the best kind of gas. You won't accept any other type of gas, what happens when you can't find somewhere that sells that gas? Replace car with community and gas with players

post ckey
if you're one of the players who goes around bothering people and then they restrain you for being annoying to search you and then you start spamming the chat with memes i'm going to shove you into a cage in spawn and go back to what I was doing

did the durand make it through that?

you really arent making a clear point, you asked about a guy who trashed everyone and had the admins on his side and when people said it doesnt happen anymore you then became really adamant about new players being shit on in a hypothetical situation that doesnt happen, then you make a car analogy that completely misrepresents the reason there arent many players.

Yeah carp don't really do too much damage to it, and all it's weapons oneshot the regular and laser carp.

It seems it's impossible to z-level jump to the dorf fort level so I'm forever stuck in spess.

if you have a GPS device on you we could try some bluespace

I must have died and got autocloned.
It was a random z-level jump when exploring a loot room that got me, I did not plan to go deep space hunting.

Am I an elitist fucknut or has the average skill level of players degraded to the point where it's unlikely they can keep the station running after ANY sort of antag fuckery?

I haven't been on in at least a month or two, but if the trend I saw stayed the same it's the fact the new cycle of players are still too new to fix even the slightest of antag problems so they decide that a shuttle call is a better idea.

Calling the shuttle is a great way to spring lazy antags into action or give passive stealthers a way to get their green text.

>omg engineering is open to vacuum call the shuttle
>aaah a cult killed five people call the shuttle
>some faggot is murderbonering everyone come hide in sec while we call the shuttle
I tried three rounds last night and none of them were the least bit interesting.

I think you're talking about a different server, this thread is for d20

>Veeky Forumsstation is no longer on Veeky Forums
Godammit what the fuck.

Yeah, that's how it's been forever. You can talk about other servers here if you have neat stories though.

ded

dorf

so what are good times to try this station?

I logged in Sunday and still a ghost today

people have been mostly on dorf the past few days
it's an alternate, cooperative game mode which is only here, an our alternate port
byond://76.16.8.127:28020

if you think normal rounds can be autistic welcome to dorftism

Thanks, can't seem to get it working though, when i click "setup character" nothing happens, or "join game". So I restarted byond, now I don't even get the popup when I connect, just the intro graphic.

try minimizing then maximizing again?

Can you post high view distance screenshots from dorf now and dorf fresh?

what if ghosts had a follow command that only listed mobs that had players controlling them?

could make it easier to spectate whatever's going on or just boo for help

>perform one man assault on dead cultist chapel's army of faithless
>pray to gods to tag me as cultist so i can carry on their work
>suddenly nobody is online anymore