Dungeon Life Quest (DLQ) 73 - Just Barely Mist Edition

ARCHIVE: suptg.thisisnotatrueending.com/archive.html?tags=Dungeon Life Quest
/QST/ ARCHIVE: suptg.thisisnotatrueending.com/qstarchive.html?tags=Dungeon Life Quest
PREVIOUS THREAD: suptg.thisisnotatrueending.com/archive/47204640/
CHARACTERS AND PLACES: docs.google.com/document/d/19gNVgtevar647l4ZumUaVH6GlJzvxLlDNKaH8DrQMWE/edit?usp=sharing

You are Nathan Bookchild, entirely too close to what's about to be a fight between an angel and a lord of the Mistlands, and you're trying to head it off because you really don't need that shit in your life.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=RR7q-qf3VSQ
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

"Jack promised you a soul," you point out. "There's a soul right here. A mostly unformed soul, even! How much harm could it -"

"You understand nothing, Hero," the Lord of Painted Glass interrupts, with a sad shake of his angular head. He's almost painful to look at, all color and blazing light. "Without my immortality, I am no longer fey. With a soul I may at least be mortal, if changed utterly and forever. Why should I take that unformed thing and become weak?"

"You don't know that," Lora points out evenly, still in her high guard. "Your life, your experiences, could unlock potential in that soul you did not know was there. How do you know?"

"I do not," the Lord admits. "But I will take the certainty of vengeance over the chance of escape, Aphrael."

"I really hate that name," Lora answers. ||

You hear the certainty in the word, the absolute command. It ripples against the Lord, whose glass flesh cracks - and then holds. Liquid light pours in, healing the superficial wounds.

"I told you," he murmurs. "You have no authority over me."

Claws of jagged, triangular glass form on his fingertips. Distantly, you hear an alarm sound.

> Get the hell out of here
> Fight at Lora's side
> Hang back and see if you can help another way

AND

> You are Lora (???)
> You are Nathan Bookchild (Valor Is Its Own Reward)
> You are Jack the Debtor (It Only Takes A Moment)

AND

> You are Lora (???)

Because this can't POSSIBLY go wrong.

I want this nigger to live. Fuck fey. Fuck the Painted faggot.

Well, yeah. Aphrael is a terrible name.

or is this actually not a typo?

>Hang back and see if you can help another way
>AND

>> You are Jack the Debtor (It Only Takes A Moment)

> or is this actually not a typo?

'Aphrael' was the name the elves gave her, as Lora briefly mentioned (Bri/others have used the human name - 'Azrael' - since they're human). Elves knew her in her rebellious years and gave her a name that defined her by that rebellion.

On Earth, in Jewish angeology, Aphrael was the name of the Accuser before he picked up the two titles he's known better by - Lucifer and Satan.

>Elves are Jews

Alright Vox, you fucking racist.

>Fight at Lora's Side
HO LAs before BRO LAs

>You are Jack the Debtor (No, seriously, here's your seven bucks dude)
It's time to Jack off.

As the Jew who told him about that bit of naming, I can attest that he isn't.

>You are Jack the Debtor

The accuser's name is actually Samael in Jewish mythology

God, are you the faggot that keeps trying to defend his shitty decisions in storytelling?

It's weird to keep thinking that Vox's internet defense force might actually be his whiny IRL friends.

No, he's the guy I run religious worldbuilding past, as well as a reference for the hand-to-hand & weapon-based combat. I don't ask my friends to defend anything; I can't learn if I don't field the feedback myself.

Nope, actually. I'm a Rabbi in training he references on occasion for such things. Been following for a while, but I only vote rarely due to this running while I'm usually asleep. When I need to tell him he goofed, I do so over a chat.

Forgive me Father, for I have sinned

> (No, seriously, here's your seven bucks dude)

I'm fucking dying.

Votes extended while I hit some dishes and crack a beer.

>"I will DIE before I allow you to repay me without interest, mortal!"

>"Wow, you guys really ARE the Jews of this setting"

Oh look, it's the guy who thinks that Vox is a railroading retard. Why are you here anyway if you think the story is so shitty?

Because I want him to stop.

If you need to view me giving him positive reinforcement, then let me say that him giving the dice to offer a chance of letting diplomacy work was a nice way of not being a railroading retard.

However, him actively voicing his opinion about it being weird that anons wanted diplomacy is still stupid because Vox set up a diplomatic resolution.

Keep supporting his bad behavior though.

The fact that not every character in the story bends to your will is not "bad behavior."

>> Hang back and see if you can help another way
>AND
>> You are Lora (???)
I really wanna stay as Nathan but the option to see things from Lora's view wins out.

>Hang back and see if you can help another way
>You are Lora

> You are Lora (???)

Well that's done.

Called, writing.

> You are Lora (Even death has a heart.)

When do we go back to best bird.

That feel when Jack won by one vote.

You are Jack. Your name means 'fool', in the sense of 'stupid asshole', and honestly, right now, you're feeling it. A literal cripple stayed behind to fight your battle and told you to take half his friends and go sound the alarms to evacuate the civilians.

The chain in your left hand feels heavy as hell.

Fuck this whole day, and this whole month, and - and your whole fucking /life/. Normally this would be the point where people scream 'why me' but you already know why. You remember the young boy and the curious fairy, making a deal they didn't understand.

You slow down from your hell-bent-for-election sprint and shake your head.

"What?" the metal-winged girl asks you.

"Alarm's in there," you say, pointing at a nearby door. "I - fuck, just. Crank the handle six times and pull the chain, okay?"

She gets to work, leaving you with the male elf. You don't even know his name. "How can I help?" he asks.

"People are going to be coming out of their homes and places of business and wondering what's wrong. They need guidance," you tell him. "Everyone needs to get into the Roost. If this gets out of hand, they'll drop chunks of the Cornucopia into here so that's a no-go, and with the lower storage beneath us fleeing down isn't great either."

"What are you going to do?" the elf asks.

"I - fuck, I don't know!" you exclaim. You wrap the chain that binds the angel around your wrist and up your arm, securing it in place with some hooks and string that you keep specifically for this purpose. You never really trusted yourself to stash it somewhere else. "I'm not like your friend, okay? I'm not a Hero. I'm a, I'm a fucking tomb robber, an adventurer, a fuckin' vulture feeding off the dead. That's what I am, okay? Vermin."

"My father used to tell me that it only takes a moment for someone to be a hero," the elf answers, eyes on yours. "That it's not something you live and breathe your whole life through. It's something you become when there's a choice to make. To protect the weak, or show mercy to an enemy."

"You trying to tell me something?" you ask. Your hand rests on the sack that hangs from your belt.

"I'm not trying to say you should, or shouldn't, do anything," the elf tells you with a shrug. "You asked the angel for peace and she gave you her conditions. What's between you and her ain't my business."

Off in the distance, you hear the screech of metal on glass, and a mighty cry - "Arcadia!"

"But," the elf continues. "There's still a pretty good chance you're going to die here. So I suppose I'm asking what you'd like to die doing."

The alarm starts to sound - the half-harpy got it going.

> Flee the level
> Help in the evacuation; the people closer to the Center Ring will need protection on the way out
> Go join the fight. What's between you and the Lord shouldn't have to be the angel's business. Or the Hero's.

> Help in the evacuation; the people closer to the Center Ring will need protection on the way out

>> Help in the evacuation; the people closer to the Center Ring will need protection on the way out

If we do this maybe the angel sees we helped out her people and considers not horribly murdering us after she horribly murders painted guy.

>> Go join the fight. What's between you and the Lord shouldn't have to be the angel's business. Or the Hero's.

If you're going to die, might as well die with style.

> Go join the fight. What's between you and the Lord shouldn't have to be the angel's business. Or the Hero's.
You fucked up and you should be the one to clean up the mess.

>> Help in the evacuation; the people closer to the Center Ring will need protection on the way out

>Go join the fight. What's between you and the Lord shouldn't have to be the angel's business. Or the Hero's.
We've been running for too long, we need to face this head on.

>Go join the fight
REDEMPTION

>Help in the evacuation; the people closer to the Center Ring will need protection on the way out
Honestly, I doubt the Hero and/or the Angel will kill the fairy, so that's more a stalling tactic than anything. The best use of the time it gets you is to minimize collateral damage as much as possible. No running away this time, but that doesn't mean he has to waste his death like he wasted much of his life.

>Just give him the damn seven dollars!

>just give him the 7 dollars
>we only have $5.32
WE TRIED THAT user! WE TRIED THAT!

ALL WE NEEDED WAS A BIT MORE TIME
WE WERE SO CLOSE

IF ONLY WE HADN'T BOUGHT THE BOTTLE IMP, WE'D HAVE HAD $5.35 BY NOW

Fuck that, it was a worthwhile investment! That dude gave it to us for 98% off: you can't say no to prices like that.

Everythings cheaper when you buy in bulk!

I just realized this, and I feel like an idiot

>the dungeon has 13 floors
>the warehouse is the 7th floor
>7 is the middle of 13, with 6 on either side
>The Center Itself is, literally, the the very center of the dungeon

Jesus Christ, what is Lora keeping inside there that's so important!?!

Jesus

the big dildos

PIXIES AND SHADOWRUNS!

You know that thing that will end the world? Yeah.

> Ripping of Colossus speech in Deadpool

It's nice to see someone other than spiderman get quoted.

It's kind of obvious what's in there.
Feathers

Was Lark's dad a giant metal Russian mutant?

I'm glad someone got the reference at least. Jack's bag is one too (albeit not a direct reference since I'm scaling that motherfucker up) and folks seem to be missing it.

This is now canon and vox has no say in it

You're talking about that bag from the Spongebob movie right? That does nothing so they get David Hasselhoff instead?

>yfw is the planet's core

Nope.

en you and the Lord shouldn't have to be the angel's business. Or the Hero's.

Oh then that bag is the one from Fables.

Where jack goes CLICKITY CLACK GET IN MY SACK

and Death goes "the fuck?"

user, the hint was, "Wind, fire, all that kind of thing."

Was this meant to be a vote?

Aw, then the bag is obviously a reference to the band Earth Wind and Fire.

Great taste, Vox.

This?
youtube.com/watch?v=RR7q-qf3VSQ

Speaking of canon Vox has no say in.

>Ask Flitter if she has any clues about her long lost adopted Brother.

It obviously isn't that you retard.

I still think it's the spongebob bag.

bag of winds from the odyssey?

>84 ▶
>
>Speaking of canon Vox has no say in.
>>Ask Flitter if she has any clues about her long lost adopted Brother.

Seconding

We have a winner.

And it's obviously the spongebob bag.

See I fucking called it.

Sick spongebob reference Vox.

Vox...what did you do?

It's Vox, sitting at a computer writing the story as it is unfolding.

Dude, I'd instantly add him to the harem. Don't give a shit which character found him. he's in that character's harem. Immediately.

And we'll finally be able to know if Vox was able to improve his felatio game, like he said he was doing all those threads ago

Vox, how many times have you performed fellatio.

Or are you one of "those" bisexuals.

I'm totally into dudes even though I've only ever fucked women it's so hard to find men oh my god YEAH FUCKING RIGHT.

SUFFER NOT THE HETEROSEXUAL TO LIVE

He's got a point, Vox. For the purposes of the harem, we need to know if you're a real faggot or not.

My entire day was shit.

BUT THIS IS A GLORIOUS NIGHT!

Iamhavingagoodtime!

>havingagoodtime!

Faggot or not, I would totally be OK with Vox fucking me in the ass
you know, in a totally heterosexual way

He's the second son, is it from Koschei the Deathless?

Ok you all stop with this! Necrophilia is bad anons.

You march right back there and go deal with that glass ass.

Seriously though, what's his problem? He wants to pre-kill Jack or something before the actual swap?

Also agreements between two parties that both unanimously want out of are strange things to force into fruition. I want to emphasize that. Is there actually no party that wants this deal carried out?

I think the issue is that the fae lord doesn't really want out of it and he is actually forcing the matter because he is doomed anyway if he goes back on his word, correct?

Is there no fae equivalent to a court of appeals that could strike this deal null? It seems to be implied that there is not; that this deal WILL go down and no force on earth or in heaven can stop it.

So yea, will killing the stained glass dude even achieve anything? Is there some force other than the two involved parties that will ensure it happens? And, unless I am misinterpreting something, the lord seems to think the deal is still on even after he kills Jack.

This whole things seems awfully weird. Mixing binding arbitration with poetic nonsense, freakin' fae man.

What if... What if we put the soul in Feathers?

NO! Feathers is fucking stupid.

Stop trying to turn this into fucking Puff the magic Dragon or the fucking Teletubbies.

It's retarded.

Now, more references to the spongebob bag PLEASE!

>Feathers is fucking stupid

> Feathers is Fucking stupid

user, what's next? You gonna talk shit about Sir Fetch?

This image perfectly captures my conflicting emotions toward SpongeBob Shitpost user.

Sir Fetch is fine.

Faggots that keep going UNDEAD BLACK TRANSCOCK BIG BLACK COCK BRI'S COCK COCK COCKC COCK

are my biggest problem with Sir Fetch. But at least he has actual character to make up for the fandom's retarded bullshit.

Feathers is literally a stuffed animal.

Woah Lora, feeling depressed you were horribly gang raped? TAKE THE STUFFED ANIMAL TO MAKE EVERYTHING BETTER YAAAAAY.

Let's not turn deep, dark tragic stuff into a kid's show unless we're turning it into spongebob, alright?

Okay, so - as you may have guessed, I'm having difficulty mustering for another update. The good news: short shift at work tomorrow, and I'm pretty sure I've got Monday off. I'll update in the morning when I get up.

Questions, comments, discussion, feedback, and criticism remains welcome and appreciated.

Thank you all for reading and participating!

SpongeBob user I understand your frustration,

But Feathers is amazing and you know it.

Just give him a hug, It'll all be better.

Dude. They're memes. You can take the stick out your ass.
Litterally, the only person who's taking Feathers seriously is you.

Vox, is it true that you yourself are locked within the Center Itself, writing the story from within the dungeon?
If so, is it possible to add you to the harem and see if you've improved your fellatio game?

Haven't any of you realized? He's the Lich that gave Nate the medallion of doom. He wrote himself into the story.

Also, he uses the staff as an impromptu stripper pole.

>Dude. They're memes.

Mcfucking kill yourself you reddit piece of trash.

When any serious scene has to devolve into LEL, MEMES

LE HUG LE FEATHERS LE LE LE then this actually serious story turns into nothing but a series of inside jokes all of which ar shitty because they're dumb fucking memes.

There's comedy in this story. And when it's interesting or fresh, like some of the earlier seasons of spongebog, it's amazing.

But when it devolves into the braindead dry overused bullshit that was barely funny the second time it happened, then it's a problem.

Don't shove glitter and crayons into a serious as fuck confession scene you ADHD-addled autismo

user, maybe you are the fool?

This makes too much sense. I've added it to the canon.

I'll have you know that I am also taking Feathers very seriously. I wanna see what happens when we shove the soul in him. Or the imp. Or both.

>user, maybe you are the fool?

What shitty fucking underage b& show is that loser line from?

Certainly isn't from spongebob.

Go back to 9gag, kiddo before the mods catch you and your retarded faggotry.

> Memes are from le reddit, not Veeky Forums. Muh board identity.

> No fun allowed

user, your frothy rage makes me want us to cram the soul into Feathers so much more.

Also SpongeBob is pretty fucking shit. It was great for a season and then devolved into edgy crap for tweens that a bunch of people still love out of nostalgia.

I'd rather have fun cramming an unborn soul into a stuffed toy just because we can than worry about aping some show you have an autistic obsession with.

Also I personally think it would be fun, and apparently so do other people. So you can bitch and moan, or if it comes up we can put it to a vote. And if you're too childish to just let it go when the story doesn't go your way than good riddance you big spastic baby.