CYOA Thread

Previous Thread: Pastebin: pastebin.com/vrqYhnpu

Let's make this thread actually about posting/making CYOA please.

So here's the promised OC. It took longer than I thought, largely because I had other responsibilities to take care of.

Because the choices are given in a chronological fashion, it might be fun to make choices before moving to the subsequent sections, sort of like a chain of mystery boxes. This is just a thought, though. Lots of people don't like the format. I just thought I'd mention it because it would be too late to do it after reading everything. Just say [MYSTERY] or something in your build to indicate if you do such.

Each page is over 9000px tall & over 7MB in size, really approaching the upload limits.

(1/9)

The options on this page are many but short on text. If you need clarifications, feel free to ask.

(2/9)

I'm not happy with the current color scheme here. I can read it just fine, but apparently my monitor settings make similar colors more readable for me. So sorry if it is currently an eyesore.

Because this part can be a bit touchy for some. I want to make clear that you can skip this page & the next if they don't float your boat. You're not forced into anything here.

(3/9)

>(1/9)
Wew lad.

This CYOA might be a lot more text that what some would prefer. I recommend just looking at the pictures and reading the ones that interest you.

(4/9)

So many pages to upload...

(5/9)

I wanted to try something larger and more complex than normal.

You're not really told this until page 8, but Suice is also a suitor. Thought I'd make it clear in case the implicit possibility wasn't clear enough.

(6/9)

Well that's well and good man, we needed something fresh, interesting to say the least.

It will take some time to learn these. The courses are well-taught & fairly easy. You can learn more quickly by putting in an effort, you just passively paying attention will net progress.

(7/9)

So we have to choose a spouse that's the opposite sex as us, but we have sex changing potion for when we're alone?

A, always.

The potion at the beginning can ONLY be used NOW. I don't see any other options to do the same.

I goofed on the last two pages. The file size is a bit too large. I'll figure something better out later. For now, JPEG.

You don't have to start immediately. You can wait until you build up your skills some.

(8/9)

For research purposes, what chinese cartoon are these sluts from?

Holy Saint Mtn Dew, but witrh the spelling fixed!

You posted that last thread as well, dastardly repeater of things! You are clearly not to be trusted.

You can get partial experience in your skills before doing this stuff. Think of it sort of like a chance to get your feet wet or experience something outside of what your skills and items are designed around.

This is also JPEG.

(9/9)

Yeah, the potion is a one-time-use thing that can only work on you.

I used to post this one on /r9k/ all the time, but I don't think I ever put it here.

I actually came here because I liked Choice Threads on other boards so much. Veeky Forums's a pretty cool place.

Last thread is dead; meaning nothing would be posted. I figure it's not against the spirit of the thing if you replay to it in a new thread if you couldn't use it in the old thread.

>white out
Waifu option

I really am not inclined to any of the other options, so
>Ordinary Mountain Dew

>not against the spirit of the thing
Oh, I know, user. I know. The fact that what you did is so utterly reasonable is why I know you're so tricky. I'll catch you one day user. One day. And then we shall rejoice, or some such.

99% sure they're ocs with no story.

Finally more or less finished up my second Dungeon Meister dungeon map. It could use a key but, eh, fuck it.

>Race
Minotaur

>Dungeon
Living Quarters x6
Private Door x2
Barracks
Kitchen
Forge
Extra Room x8
Rec Room
Locked Doors x4

>Layout
Square

>Traps
Teleport Trap x3
Ambush Trap
Genderswap Trap (not shown on map)

>Minions
Goblins

>Magic
Space

>Consequence Tablet:
When KO'd:
-All Thieves will be killed.
-All male adventurers will be subject to the Genderswap Trap.
-All adventurers will serve at the pleasure of the Minotaur and his minions. (Conversion)
--If a third Party would be subject to this rule, the first Party is set free.

There you go, first Succubus romance dungeon and now Minotaur pleasure women dungeon.

This thing was a bastard to map out and I'm still not entirely sure the teleport route makes sense. One thing to note is that teleporters 2 and 3 only trigger the second time that a party passes over them; they're set up so that the scenery should change seamlessly and they won't be able to tell (at first) that they've moved. The first step in expansion will be to add another barracks and kitchen for a squad of spiders. The basic engagement strategy in this dungeon is hit and run attacks by goblins and clogging up the passageways with webs would be very helpful. After that put a treasure room in each of the three dead ends and start filling the place up with traps. After that, expansion of personal quarters, extra rec rooms and kitchens, and a portal to be able to enjoy the rest of the world.

Time to be a Witch Princess!

>Princess
Obvious choice.
>Study Room
Good for studying magic.
>Diana
Teach me ato be inpiring and work on looks.
>Vinian Toast
Yummy!

>Spirit Dye
Great for witches.
>Soul Box
Good for witches.
>Midnight Sarcophagus
In case I get hurt.
>Alchemy Starter Kit
Good for witches.

>Princess Vivian of Paladia
I'm breaking the rules and choosing forbidden love. Qt Princess and country can hook us up with awesome metal.

>Charlotte
Great maid, secretary, and cook! Just what I need.
>Naivety
Qt assistant for magic studies.

>Dark Magic
Good for witches.
>Reaper Witch
What I've been preparing for all this time!

>Help Test New Magic
Want to learn all the newest spells.
>Destroy a Dark Spirit
That's like literally my job!

Try to be a regal Princess that my people deserve while also practicing the dark arts and becoming a powerful witch.

Thanks for explaining. I didn't want sex change and it only works for me, so I just broke the forbidden love rule. Hope that's not TO big of a problem. Great cyoa btw! Lots of fun!

My preliminary attempts to get the file size down (for example, how I removed the drop shadow from page 8 above) failed. It will require something more involved. The JPEGs seem perfectly readable, so I'll just go with those for pages 8 & 9 until further notice. Here's page 8 with the drop shadow added back. May as well have them all match, you know?

Also, I said I was proofreading it, but I only got through the first two pages before I got distracted by fixing some formatting & gave up on it. Please, feel free to post typos in builds so that I may correct them.

I have the feeling that I won't actually see any builds or feedback until tomorrow; I'm so tired.

>Teach me ato be inpiring and work on looks.

Think I had a aneurysm or something while typing that sentence...sorry.

I'm a bit confused about this section. If I pick Alexander as my nigga does that mean he teaches me all the orange skills for free and thus I can spend my 1 extra class on something like combat?

Is it weird that I'm genuinely considering Dessian as a husbando?

Nope it just means you're a faggot.

The JPEGS look fine.

You chose one too many items. You get 3 (4 if you chose My Room, but less if you had more than one type of room. Yes, My Room + another counts as multiple types of room. The thing being considered is how many options that would cost money are being chosen. You technically get [4 - # of non-free room options chosen] gifts.

Feel free to play the CYOA however you like, but if you want my official ruling, forbidden love will be fraught with difficulty, primarily because all most potential suitors are heterosexual. Conservative royal upbringing & all that. Your best chance at such a relationship is probably with Suice, though, considering Reaper Witches live alone in the woods with no men. Or, you're less concerned about marriage, Gestalt can definitely be what you're looking for.

Glad you like it, though!

You get 2 orange + 1 anything (2 anything if you have Zoey)

Well, he's friendly & knows a lot more about the land of the country than anyone else. Plus, rock golem man will be handy in a fight.

That's what I was thinking. They're barely compressed & I can't tell much (any) a difference. I'm just not a good judge of image quality, so thanks for the second opinion.

they are from galko-chan or whatever its called, /a/ has daily threads on them so go check there

>implying I'm a guy

Since there's been a bit of confused (which I kinda anticipated since I insisted on writing it so whimsically), I'm going to spell it out.

Pick:
1 sex
A number of rooms & items that sum to 4. "My Room" is considered to be free. You must pick at least 1 room.
1 mentor sibling.
1 breakfast (or more if you're really hungry)
0 or 1 suitors.
2 retainers.
2 skills of the same color as your mentor.
1 (2 if you have Zoey as a retainer) skill(s) that can be any color.
1 Responsibility
0 - 2 Quests

I'll consider rewriting parts to be more straightforward.

I am surprisingly ok with most of these girls.

Also, I am going to sleep now. I'll answer any questions when I wake up. G'night thread.

Do the lamia lolis work as consorts too?

Had to update cuz I was breaking the rules.

>removed sarcophagus since I had extra item
>replaced Princess Vivian with King Dessian since forbidden love is actually forbidden
>replaced Naivety with Suice since she's more my type than Dessian and really makes more sense than Naivety anyways cuz she's a witch like me
>got to learn a couple more skills

>Princess
Obvious choice.
>Study Room
Good for studying magic.
>Diana
Teach me to be inspiring and work on looks.
>Vinian Toast
Yummy!

>Spirit Dye
Great for witches.
>Soul Box
Good for witches.
>Alchemy Starter Kit
Good for witches.

>Stone King Dessian
Can teach me ancient secrets that might be helpful for magic and stuff and is good husband for me.

>Charlotte
Great maid, secretary, and cook! Just what I need.
>Suice
Fellow witch and forbidden love interest.

>Dark Magic
Good for witches.
>Charisma
Not exactly my thing, but as Princess might be good to be able to give good speeches when I must.
>Fashion
Do magic and look spectacular while doing it!

>Reaper Witch
What I've been preparing for all this time!

>Help Test New Magic
Want to learn all the newest spells.
>Destroy a Dark Spirit
That's like literally my job!

I liked the whimsical style, but there's a couple rather confusing parts.

Good night! Sweet dreams!

Neat stuff

Anyone can post more of stuff like this?

Hey this is really cool. My only complaint is being either trans or a girl, so REEEEEE.But overall it seems like you put a lot of thought into this.

>Princess
It'll be interesting, that's for sure. Plus, added bonus of not freaking out everyone with a magical sex change.

>Study Room
Magic is always a fun choice to go with, though perhaps a bit stereotypical to run with a Princess. Oh well.

>Elizabeth
Enchantment! Seriously, though, I like the idea of helping out people who don't have access to the things I have.

>Waffles
Fuck pancakes and toast. Waffles are the best shit.

>Goldberg Automaton, Crystal Spore, Sealing Spear
I want to experiment on the Automaton with enchantments in order to make her stronger. The Crystal Spore seems very useful, as you can throw the elements at enemies without being a mage of that element. The Sealing Spear is my self defense weapon if I end up against the wall: I'd rather neutralize the threat, rather than killing them.

>Stone King Dessian
I actually find Dessian to be sweet, being somewhat of a childhood friend of a previous reincarnation. The fact that he scares people doesn't bother me too much.

>Dela, Simon
Dela's spidersilk clothes are pretty useful, considering how they can be used for concealed armor, as well as being prime subjects for enchantments. Simon is reckless, but a few enchantments here and there should help turn him into a stalwart champion.

>Crafting, Enchanting, Boost Magic
Crafting is a no-brainer for me: Enchanting and Forging go hand in hand and can be used to help the war effort. Enchanting is of course required, and Boost Magic is always useful.

>Shadow
There's no chance I'll be as good as Lizbeth, but I want to be a real close second. In addition, working in her shadow might also help me get her out of her shell.

>Manage the Crystal Forge, Help Test New Magic
Crystal Forge for the fact that it'll give me some healthy supplies of materials, and Testing the New Magic because I'm a masochist.

I like this one, overall. Will definitely work on a Prince build later.

Has anyone ever considered writing for the "Choice of Games" company? They seem to focus a lot on mobile which is probably where the audience is for CYOA.

Their UI is ugly af though.

Well Highlander is making a text game in the far future, you could ask him when he pops back up.

Reading through everything and had a quick question for you!

If you wanted to pick Double Room so you could combine a room and Teresa's room so you could share the same room or have it connected in some way would the gain 1 lose 1 items thing cancel out or would you still lose 1?

So, here's an odd question, multiclassing with the charmer, good to assume the 'no combat' limitation is still in place?

Yeah, they cancel. Author explained in an earlier post that you end up with a number of items and rooms totaling four, with Teresa's room being free.

It's not too bad.

If Highlander even brings up Travellers outside of free indie, the amount of Copyrights that will be shat on him will blot out the sun.

>Breakfast option lacks bacon and eggs

It's like you're some kind of scumbag vegetarian

Royal Revival: Crystal Knight Build

Male
Harsh Room
Teresa
Crystal Dagger / Shield Shards / Crystal Ring / Featherweight Perfume
Princess Katelyn of Verend
Zoey [Educator, Caretaker] / Lewis [Mage, Scholar]
Combat / Defense / Crystal Mastery / Tactics
Crystal Knight
Join the Fight

>not putting bacon on you pancakes/waffles/toast

Step it up, senpai.

Ah, Thanks. Don't know how I ended up missing that.

>> → →

Then he will exist in perpetual shade. Just like a real Scot.

I liked it and didn't find it confusing at all.

So many suiters and retainers, though! Choices are hard.

Oh, I like this one. It's pretty, and seems like it's damn well thought out.

Only thing I noticed was that Dynamo says
>I needs to DIE

I'm guessing that should be
>It needs to DIE

Thanks a lot user, I was about to ask about some of that. Really cool OC, though i do wish forbidden love was a thing. That's not a complaint, just me bringing /u/ here for no other reason than I prefer it. Great job, thanks for contributing.

Enchanting Princess is good idea! Making all kinds of magical items for you and people close to you would be very helpful, especially since the kingdom does seem to have some real threats. Plus you could craft some beautiful items like jewlery and armour.

We Princesses gotta watch our figures.

Prince.

Study Room.

Julius.

Waffles.

Clairvoyant Ribbon, Binding Band, Insightful Spyglass.

Princess Crysanthimum.

Zoey.

Shelia.

Julius: Etiquette and Manipulation.

Night: Tactics.

Zoey: Management.

Diplomat.

Free a Friend, Enjoy the Party.

Future leader of the nation build is go.

>We Princesses gotta watch our figures.

Nigga I'm a fabulous Prince not a Princess! Real men have meat with every meal, even dessert.

>You can't be a lesbian.

B-but what about my Petal Dragons. Is there no goal to raise an army of cute dragons?

>Feel free to play the CYOA however you like, but if you want my official ruling, forbidden love will be fraught with difficulty, primarily because all most potential suitors are heterosexual. Conservative royal upbringing & all that. Your best chance at such a relationship is probably with Suice, though, considering Reaper Witches live alone in the woods with no men. Or, you're less concerned about marriage, Gestalt can definitely be what you're looking for.

Please read next time.

PDF please?

Alternatively...
"Ya know, we have this interesting tradition on earth... I mean, I don't have to dress for my gender, right? We can just keep it a secret between us, right sis?"

"Besides, your baby sis will be easy to hide from assassins if they're looking for your dashing brother. I'm sure magic can help us work around this."

"I would love to be your sister again, after all."

Rhodesia is objectively the best

Then put it in the CYOA so people can actually see it if it ever gets reposted.

So does my Room + another mean you have three 3 (minus the one for extra room plus one for my room) gifts or two. That sentence is a tiny bit ambiguous.

No need. It already talks about not needing to pick a suitor from those called, and being able to court other people. All it says is that you don't call people of the same gender, not that you cant waifu/husbando them.

Seriously, people. Read.

Eh, I'll give it a shot.

>Princess
People there are used to me being a girl, so no need to cause unneeded confusion.

>Regal Room
To help me fake it until I make it.

>Diana
Toss up between her and Julius for what I have in mind.

>Pancakes
Simply what I prefer over the other two.

>Sealing Spear, Featherweight Perfume, Figure Cake
Sealing Spear for self defense, the perfume is a nice passive buff, and the Cake because I didn't see anything else I particularly wanted.

>Stone King Dessian.
put it better than I could.

>Lewis and Nana
Nana is both FLUFFY TAIL and will be a boon for Diplomancing. Lewis gives internet. Pai Zai was a close third here, but I'll probably be on good relations with her as a diplomat and her other boon, while admittedly tempting, isn't really the most helpful in the long run.

>Charisma, Regal Hobbies, Animal Handling
Diplomancer Skillset a go!

>Diplomat
I'm not selfish enough to pick live, I do not trust myself with any sort of actual combat, and I don't know enough of the fine details to do earth studies, and Diplomat gives me an excuse for Fluffy Tail retainer.

>Adopt the Orphan Princesses and Enjoy the Party
Enjoy the Party is a no brainer with my build, and I can't say no to those faces

>#4
So she'll accommodate my "hitting my girlfriend" fetish, but then she'll cheat on me and/or leave me? Or is playing within the context of consent ok?

So yeah. It's three.

>Choose prince
>Choose wife and all female retainers
>Become master alchemist
>Brew sex change potion
Forbidden love status:harem

Alternatively, choose princess and feed husband the potion. Hope you don't die.

Alternatively, just force all your retainers and laugh at your newfound royal power.

>no option to murder your father and become ruler
I am disappointed

Teresa is the narrator here. Do you really think she'd suggest it? Besides, you can still plan to kill him, even if the CYOA doesn't spell it out for you. Just know that I will be disappointed if you murder someone, user.

All aboard the rape train

>We Princesses gotta watch our figures.

>Eats sugar loaded breakfast

roulette go

I haven't actually made a build yet, but I am starting to think /k/ thoughts imagining how "Earth Studies" could help the war effort... and possibly fuck up the otherwise pretty nice world in the process.

Ok so compared to magically enhanced abilities that can level houses with a sword swing and potentially even survive the same, automatic weapons might not be THAT dangerous, though they CAN make the common soldier effective as some of the higher knights, which is still a huge advantage even if they don't end up as the end-all-be-all of battle.

However, "fireball" has nothing on "Fuel-Air Bomb", and we already have an airship.

A proper Lady will just have a dainty bite before gracefully wiping her mouth and then smiling while she compliments the chef and insists that she just can't possibly any more. Do you even Princess?

True princesses metabolize sugar perfectly, didn't you know that? It keeps them alive, makes their lips soft and pink, their hair curl, and their eyes sparkle - and that's all.

That's why traditional princess food is what it is. Really, look it up, it's a blast.

Found another minor grammatical error. Under Alchemy in the classes section, it says

>Pouf's training stacks will with this official course

Which I assume should be either

>will stack with

or

>stacks with

Quick question on this first can you tell me how powerful are the high knights and my sister? They can blow away hundreds with a magic sword? Thats strong. So what are the regular non elite soldiers armed with, regular medieval armor and weapons? Would muskets and other early guns be enough to beat Verendia? Also can Mercutio the engineer mass produce airships but instead of luxory put cannons and bombs on them to bomb Verendia from the sky? One final question the nations that you can form a marriage alliance with what is their power ranking which is strongest?
Flanere has fire mages
Hadew is the really religious guys with women who can't fight, but have lots of trained and motivated soldiers.
and Enela has Rose Warriors what are they? And Petal Dragons. Are Petal Dragons real dragons? Also reaper witches sound like the scariest and evilist thing there. Also the mages seem to lazy to train dedicated battle mages.

Here you go.

So what use is the Crystal Ring with the Dagger is it regenerates near instantly anyways?

A build after my own heart, except

>Princess Katelyn of Verend

She has little to no strategic value. D-do you plan on doing bad things to her?

Twice as durable/sharp, I'd imagine.

I assumed "stacks well with".

Nice diplomacy build! There's some very good choices for a fighty build, but I think diplomacy and less violent types of magic fit the whimsical tone of the cyoa the best.

You can probably make it do weird shit with the right training, like change it's length and shape between blows. Imagine how fucked your enemies are when the see you swinging a knife, but it's a greatsword the size of the Dragonslayer for long enough to explode your insides all over your friends, but the it's a knife again. Cool shit if you ask me.

Well, the description does mention some possibility of rebellion against the current Verendan government being sparked by Katelyn. I'd call that strategic value.

I think it's implied that there was some screw up with the resurrection and you're actually from earth or something

Actually, she does have some value. If you marry her, then manage to beat/kill her father you can rule Verendia through her. Keeping her after you deal with her father is perfect for having a puppet.

Don't think so. The bit where you take over making the crystal projection call and then remember having to make calls for Teresa indicates that the resurrection went exactly as planned.

Sex: Prince
Room: Regal
Sibling: Alexander
Breakfast: Pancakes
Items: Sealing Spear, Flare Key, Blood Gem
Spouse: Princess Cynthia of Lotun
Retainers: Mercutio, Lewis
Class: Tactics
Job: Diplomat
Quest: Join the Fight, Adopt the Orphaned Princesses

Too many tempting princesses man. And what do you mean I can't do incest? What if I want my yandere sister as a spouse?

Never give up hope and rolling.

No you are from earth, but in a past life you were the princess. So they went and found your soul and took you away from earth and back to the kingdom because they missed you. They probably shouldn't have done that, the dead should stay dead, and the wheel of life, and reincarnation should keep turning. Thats why I also think Reaper Witches are some downright evil shit.

roll

well....