Times where you've revelated your power level

I revealed my power level to her when I took her to my flgs to pick up pf and other shit, she said it was the nerdiest place she's ever been to but also liked it a great deal
Good shit?

Wat
a
t

Please post in an acceptable,currently practiced language.

most people think that a bird that large would be dangerous but what they forget is that it has hollow bones, so you could beat it in a fist fight.

Yes, but first you have to punch the bird. That's the hard part. Well, that and the sharp, pointy beak that is aimed at your face.

>Hiding your power level
>Ever
Fag.

>implying you wouldn't get your ass kicked.

Have you ever tried to punch a bird?
Never mind that an eagle can already break a mans arm.

well my girlfriend is a big anime nerd who has several anime figurines so it's only fair that I don't have to hide hide my power level

>posting an image more interesting than your topic

Good work OP

Fucking more

That no pickle-pee

But what if the bird had levels in monk?

Disregarding what OP said, and instead focusing on his picture: Argentavis was predicted to have weighed 175 lb. I weigh 145, so if I had a wingspan relative to that thing, does that mean I could fly?

You'd need bird muscles for bird wings.

Have you ever fucking seen a cassowary/emu/ostritch you dumb nigger, they will fuck your shit up.

how?

Swans break a normal man's arm easly with those hollow bones of theirs.
Geese aren't feathered horrors of north america because they're easy to fight with.

Hollow bones =/= Brittle bones.

>revelated
wat

Fifty thousand ANZACs fought against the Emu. Now it is a ghost island.

flightless birds have a different kind of makeup to flight-capable birds, you know

also cassowaries don't have fists and thus automatically lose any fist fights.

checkmate faggot

>flags

What?

>pf and other shit

Pathfinder?

Friendly local gaming store?

First time I've heard this, thank you!

A swan can break a mans arm you know

monks, pls

If half your muscle mass was made of dorsal and pectoral muscles, maybe.

No it actually couldn't ''fly'' it could glide trough the air thanks to updrafts the Andes have also it had great difficulties getting off the ground, these things had to threw themselves off cliffs or run down hill for tens of meters.

Never change tg

When I was first dating my wife, she saw my best friend and roommate's 40k collection on his shelf and started to make fun of it.

I explained to her calmly that it's a good, clean, hobby where friends get together and assemble, paint and play games together.

I told her that it was a great way for us to socialize and bond with one another over a common interest.

And if she didn't like that, she could get the fuck out.

Six years later, we're married with children and I'm designing a line of science fiction miniatures with my bro from Denmark. Pic related.

Birds are ripped, bro. Also, very efficient killing machines. Their pectoral muscles are huge, which is where the power of their wings comes from. Eagles have to not only be able to carry their own weight while flying, but also that of the largest prey they can take down. For many species of eagle, that's a deer or goat.

So, for slightly more fragile people, being hit by the wing of an eagle, with all the force of a professional goat-lifter, may break an arm. But they are more likely to kill you with puncture wounds. Crushing Claws are nothing to joke about.

Okay. That thing is cool.. You guys gonna do a kickstarter? I always need new sci-fi minis for traveller.

But fighting is weak to flying.

Summer comes earlier every year.

And here is a man living the dream.
> I'm not jelly, I swear

>took her to my flgs to pick up pf and other shit
>pf
>her
So your power level is 0?

IIRC that report of a goose breaking somebody's arm was the idiot falling and breaking their own arm and attributing it to the goose since they were being attacked at the time.

so, birds are what Veeky Forums aspires to be?

Hush up shitlord. Notice how everyone else didn't say anything? Gosh, one of our number even clarified.

This isn't /b/.
Go home.

That eagle is all
>man, my talons hurt
>this guy is too loud
>I wish I were home eating a goat

My power is very broad, it actually takes quite some time to reveal my entire power level.

Like, I'll reveal how much of a star trek nerd I am, but then my tabletop gaming nerdness is still left, so is my anime nerdness etc.

No they can't, this is an old wives tale, aka ancient meme.

>shitlord

tumblr is leaking again

>Fifty thousand ANZACs discovered that firing machine guns into flocks of Emu was a poor solution to population control

This is what actually happened, faggot.

>shitlord
>complaining about someone complaining about newfags

I'm guessing you didn't put dots in deception?

Cute Veeky Forums friend of a friend in class saw my WoD sheets in my bag when I pulled out my notebook. Made a lolnerd joke but she was just flirting. Asked me to lunch later.

I declined

Good job user. You narrowly avoided becoming this. You're doing Arneson's work.

Hail to you

Maybe they should have gotten some Turks to fire the machine guns.

Shitlords would be a great name for a outlaw motorcycle gang.

I draw Veeky Forums related shit (and other stuff) in class, so my power level is constantly on display.

The olympic rowing team refuses to practice if there's a swan in the lake and they are mostly all former/active military.

I know, I'm a living wikipedia and like a broad variety of stuff, I'm a sports nerd, 80's anime nerd, vaudeville nerd, alt music nerd, a history nerd, a games nerd, a vidja nerd, a biology nerd, a cinema nerd, a sci-fi nerd, a fantasy nerd and a comic books nerd. I also play 4 different card games, x-wing and heroclix.

I'm also a slim guy with a crew cut and clean shaven, so people assume I'm the average chad. If I wasn't a motormouth I'd take me years to reveal my whole power level.

I come to Veeky Forums because it's the only place that discusses most of the stuff I care about in a casual in-the-know way.

What they can do is peck off you ear/eye/nose.
And eagles have dislocated wrists, the glove is not only for the talons it also cushions their retarded gripping power.

She found out my power level when I was checking my placement in the DoW 1 elo. After that came the MtG state invitation. Then my plans for hosting a booth game of pathfinder at AWA.
Then when she found my 3500 point krieg army while cleaning.

That's fucking adorable

Has anyone really been far even as decided to use even go want to do look more like?

Had to explain my LotR Tattoo to a co-worker. He as confused until I simplified it way down.

know how it is op. start dating best friends sister, get the whole do right by her speech. been on 8 dates she asks me how i spend my time off work. tell her i play magic the gathering...... wtf.jpeg
take her fnm onslaught just came out. gives me the whole "this is what you spend your money on?"
14 years later. were married 4 kids and she doesnt care that i spend 600 bucks on tg a month, because shes spoiled by "that guy".
YES I AM THAT GUY and i bust my ass for that title and "that ass"

>cucking your best friend

a shameful user

Alabama, please go and stay go

>cucking
>sister

What is op even on about?

More

>3500 points of deathkorps
Is it full infantry or is there tanks and artillery too? Maybe air support?

I'm confused as to what happened here. Did you take out your penis?

Whether or not swans/geese are likely to peck/bite varies quite a lot.

If they're being aggressive they bite like crazy, if they're being defensive, as in are actually under attack, they like to hold their heads as far away from the threat as possible and try and beat it with their wings.

Their neck is a ridiculously vulnerable weak point, if an animal or person gets them by it the fight is done. Which is why when the age old question of "which wins in a fight a cat or a goose" I think the smart money is actually on a cat (assuming it's a 15-20lb tom) rather than the goose, since as soon as it gets the things neck in its mouth or claws the goose is fucked and wings are actually pathetic bludgeoning weapons by virtue of being very light and covered in feathers regardless of how strong geese are.

I mean they're meant as shit and surprisingly powerful, but they're really not a big deal compared to basically a similarly sized mammal.

Oh boy Veeky Forums
>Just finished my cumulative oral exam + masters thesis defense
>just me and my two committee members left.
>Lower level committee member is also low level /co/ and tells me that I did well and should go see Civil War to celebrate.
>Tell him I already saw it
>asks me which side I'm on
>"cap was right about the accords, Tony was wrong about bucky"
>Professor says he was team cap all the way
>awkward silence
>professor asks what the comics were like
>spend a minute explaining it while both professors look on with disappointment in their eyes
>cant bail out
>awkward silence

They break bones by being pretty big and mostly muscle. Didn't Cambridge or oxford have an aggressive swan problem a few years back? I think it broke the arms of two of their rowing super-stars or something

>on campus, a group of people were having fun playing MTG and had set up a fairly large tournament with booster boxes bought from the entry fee as prizes
>a few people in my class were the organizers and casually discussed magic with me
>bring up the tournament and say I'm going to join
>they laugh
>ask the main organizer the format to make sure I don't show up with something unplayable
>goes on a giant rant about how standard rotation is unfair and that legacy is too expensive, so they have to play modern
>they started talking a big game about their T1 decks, name dropping as hard as they possibly can
>decide to take things seriously
>went to the tourny with a finely tuned sideboard and a T1 BUG infect deck
>expect to get rocked by bad luck at some point, maybe get lucky and finish in the top few
>went undefeated, lost exactly one round
>in the finals, I played the tournament organizer, who was the head of the local MTG troop
>he was running pure battlecruiser jank, clearly a "spirit of edh" guy
>I deliberately misplay my awesome opening hand to let him save face
>after the game he was talking shit about how he got manascrewed and his janky ass deck would have totally beat me 10 different ways if he had another chance
>decide not to play him again, try to awkwardly laugh it off
>the next day in class the group politely asked me never to come back to their tournaments because I try too hard
>classmates stopped talking to me about magic all together
And that's why I don't play magic with strangers.

>be me
>be at nice home party
>chat, hangout, good time all around
>talking to group
>one girl always laughs at sit I say, even if it's not that funny
>face becomes visibly more emotive
>touches my forearm lightly several times
>doesn't object, if I touch her
>iknowwhatsup.jpg
>"so user, what do you?"
>working on my math degree with a side of IT
>"haha, user you're such a nerd"
>continue talking or whatever
>"what hobbies do you have?"
>tell her about MtG, PF, SR or even "normie" Veeky Forums
>"Oh, that looks like Clara. I haven't seen in ages. Talk to you later."
>she leaves, never to be seen again
>every. fucking. time.

That's too much power levels at once

>me and buddy hanging at a bar
>we talk shop on video games, anime, about how he won a few hundred at a yugioh tournament, asking if my search for a dnd group ever turned up anything
>friend is a social autist with zero volume control and will keep on shouting shit about how DOA is about exploitation of women, which is okay, but that senran kagura is about making fun of that exploitation through excess so thats even more okay
>have to jab his short ribs cause i know he's 2 syllable away from gushing over how crazy the jiggle physics are in DOA though which landslides into measurements
>just in time qt3.14 asian chick and her friend walk in
>sits at the only seats open at the bar right next to us
>after a bit manage to strike up a conversation
>manage to get by on small talk about what we do for a living and how we finally have good weather after the bipolar 32-90 daily bullshit we've had
>absolutely shit at small talk
>just around the that time friend is drunk and angry and decides he should start busting my balls
>we're both assholes to each other so this comes as no surprise
>starts asking incredibly loud about what anime was i saying i was watching now? K-ON?
>hear to my left this loud sort of gasp
>yup here it comes, laughed out of a bar cause bud can't pull his punches
"You watch K-ON too?!"
>y-yeah?
>turns out I'm apparently the only person she's met that even knows what that is
>cue this excited 15 minute long conversation while my bud tries to get in on it
>no dice for him
>must have been grabbing at straws cause he brings up my love for all things dragon age
"So, user. How many hours you got in dragon age now 7 years? 10k? What about inquisition."
>complete and utter silence from my left, you ass.
"...which leliana?"
>huh?
"Which leliana?"
>drunk and still thinking i lost so fuck it
>bitch leliana best leliana, takes no shit and doesn't self delude.
>she actually buys me a drink

Fucking nice!

>cue an hour long talk about if morrigan is justifiably a bitch throughout and why we both chose anders romance as our main saves
>friend excuses himself saying he has to get some sleep for work, he had the weekend off.
>covert sack tap him, nope to drunk to notice
>spend around 5 hours more at the bar being outdrank by an asian girl who's 2 1/2' shorter than me while we talk about dragon age shit
>her friend got Lyfted a few hours prior and i'm the only one who was sober enough to drive
>take her back to her apartment
>get invited in
>spend the next 3 hours cuddled up on her sofa while she plays origins till we pass out
>not even mad
She wants to do shit this tuesday, Veeky Forums. what the fuck is happening?

You won user.

Now murder and vacuum pack her in your basement, thus preserving her purity for years to come

Those fucking storage vacuum packs don't work, are a fucking scam, and you know it.

>implying I don't know
>implying I didn't write "or" instead of "and"

>implicit implications

>shitlord

Yeah. You have to go back.

>play competitive game
>in a fucking tournament
>"you try too hard"

This is why the western world is fucked.

>all these normalfags itt
>you le go user!
>living le dream!
What the fuck? Why is Veeky Forums such a normie board nowadays?

I understand how they feel to be completely honest with you. I generally play underpowered janky commander decks for fun, but those losers just talked too good of a game and had nothing to back it up. If they told me they were casual players or some shit I would have brought something fun to play against, not a turn 3 win machine. Instead, they will never play magic with me again because they think I'm a secret turbo dork trying to ruin their fun instead of a nervous autist just trying to fit in.

I, too, understand where they are coming from. But communication works only as a two-way street. You had no way of knowing that they were more about "fun" - to the contrary. You worked with what you could have gathered from their talk.

So them being sore losers just because you misunderstood is stupid.

normally I'd point out that the term shitlord existed before tumblr adopted it, however in this case I think you guys are in the right.

>>I deliberately misplay my awesome opening hand to let him save face
And thats where you fucked up.

>revealed my power level
>took her to my flgs
>pick up pf
Ok, Yamcha.

It has genuinely been my dream since I was about 7 years old to be swooped by a magpie and punch it out of the fucking sky. Not even joking.

>Good shit?

I literally don't understand what you are saying.
What is your 'power level' and how do you show it?
This isn't Dragonball you know.

A 'power level' is widely known as how much you know about something that is considered nerdy or, you know, not popular.

So if you were with a bunch of people who weren't even slightly into anime, you'd 'hide your power level' by not sperging out if you passed a store that sold whatever the new moeshit anime is the flavour this season.

By the same token, if you wandered into a FLGS and 'hid your power level', you wouldn't instantly start talking army lists, dice, campaigns and rulebooks.

Ahh, ok.
I don't really make any effort to hide my hobbies.
My minis are on display in a glass cabinet, my anime DVDs are all on a shelf with the rest of them, D&D, PF and Dark Heresy books on the bookshelf, hell even my action figures and fashion dolls have their own shelf in my room.

The only real time this amounted to anything was the first time my GF came over, she cracked up laughing at the dolls and then spent the next half and hour posing them all in mini, hardcore, featureless vinyl genital-grinding orgies.
Cackling like a madwoman all the while.

I recently started wondering what Australia plans on doing once the Emus and Cassowaries band together against them, I mean didn't the ban hunting rifles? Emus also seem to be relatively immune to Lewis Guns.
>wait did Australia ban guns because they were ineffective against their wildlife?

>>wait did Australia ban guns because they were ineffective against their wildlife?
They simply don't want to anger the wildlife.

What the fuck are you on about?

We kill enough Cassowaries in far north Queensland as it is without weapons. Turns out that when a cassowary hits a four-wheel drive doing a hundred kilometres per hour, the cassowary comes off worse.

it might actually make an interesting setting, not like directly, but in a post-apoc australia, the wildlife has become increasingly aggressive.
You could have a quest trying to find the last remaining pocket of aboriginals to help pacify the nature with their shamanism, I suppose you'd likely have to trade them all sorts of gasoline.

>aboriginals to help pacify the nature with their shamanism
Fuck that, I ain't risking getting a quinkin on my ass. Just nuke that continent.

Ladies and gentlemen: The South in a nutshell.

???