Warhammer 40k general

My brother got married and even then I had time to make a general edition.

>Rules databases
mega.co.nz/#F!pFgm0RKR!J06C1gVYcjzNGsF8YNLsjQ
kat.cr/warhammer-40k-pdf-library-t9575373.html

>FAQs
games-workshop.com/en-GB/Rules-Errata

>40k 7th edition quick reference sheet(s)
dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/4104995/Games/7edRef_V7.pdf

>Forgeworld Book index
dakkadakka.com/wiki/en/Forge_World_and_Apocalypse_Rules_Index

>White Dwarves
mediafire.com/folder/tx4hcy4u487pv/WD

>Novels (Working link as of 02/02/2016)
mega.nz/#F!wx4BiKhD!YhnAf1BqSmAB8dO6xDM56Q

Other urls found in this thread:

epicroster.com/Calculator?army=5435269ae4b01571d6d3126f
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

And forgot to use the new approved image, winner.

Was just about to make a thread too.

Will the Red Hunters chapter tactics ever be updated?

I claim this for Russ and the allfather

Nth for Orks/Tyranids get the 6th edition Tau treatment when

friendly reminder that kroot and vespid aren't that bad and are literally better than the messes called orks, CSM, and tyranid

Yes. No. Maybe. I don't know.

Seeing as how Red Scorpions will be getting new rules and units come IA14. The suggestion is that yes, yes they will.

And now you're gonna get the Taufags arguing they're only Mid Tier.

Betting that Red Scorpions chapter tactics are going to be revamped and made so that IH doesn't make them useless.

Also, when will the Red Hunters ever get a named character that they can use?

Kroot are Ork Boyz that can't actually kill anything in shooting or melee.

I just had this one, I'm posting from my cellphone.

How long until the Tau go bankrupt making new battlesuits the size of mountians?

>only Mid Tier
>only
i love this meme

So Ork Boyz?

That would require tau having a flaw. Can't have that now can we?

Rusty lemons, trukks, or big trakks? What's the better ork vehicle? I'm going to be ordering a motor pool from Z.

big trakks with supa kannons i think?

newfag here, how is my SW deathwolves list? sorry if the formatting for posting a list is wrong

HQ- Harald Deathwolf

Fast attack-
3 TWC, 1 frost axe, 2 chainswords, 3 storm sheilds

Troops-
5 bloodclaws- Flamer
5 bloodclaws- Flamer
5 Grey Hunters- Wolf standar, plasma rifle

Heavy support-
3 Long fangs + ancient
2 lascannons, 1 heavy bolter and 1 melta gun

This game will never be fucking balanced...

>That would require tau having a flaw. Can't have that now can we?
So the battlesuits fuse to create mountain sized suits?

>looking up land speeders on ebay
>one seller has two sprue lots, full sprues
>no chin guns, but nothing is missing from the sprues
>freak out with batshit theories before realizing they're kits from the 90s

it shall be done.
Orkperial guard here we go.

All the taufags in the last thread were arguing that their worst units are mid tier.

Tau are not mid-tier. Any tau player that thinks that is an asshole, but without formations, Stormsurges, and Riptide spam, they aren't so absurdly powerful that they will stop anyone without a challenge.

Vespids are 18ppm. That said, the only reason I don't field any is because their models are rare on Ebay and too expensive on GW.

>SW
>No Stormwolf rape train
How'd you manage to fuck that up?

The difference, I bet, will be all squads can now take an Apothecary instead of a Sergeant. Or something. All we know is Culln gets killed by Tau.

As for Red Hunters getting anything? Unlikely. Red Scorpions are FW's babies and they support them first and foremost. No other Badab War Chapter has models.. Though some DO have rules for them. I don't think Red Hunters do, as you say.

Perhaps when Badab War is combined like Vraks was for a 2nd edition?

>So new he colours in his list with crayons

How about you play a real Loyalist army, you god-damn heretic.

storm wolf to expensive

>Stormwolf rape train
What?

Congrats user. You've taken the first step into enjoying 40k. This game, like every other game, be it tabletop wargame, card game, video game or hell sports teams, nothing will ever be 'balanced'.

Sooner you accept that, the sooner you'll have more fun.

i didn't color in the list, thats the way the website that i used to calculate the points displays it. Also, SW are far more loyal than dark angels.
epicroster.com/Calculator?army=5435269ae4b01571d6d3126f

It's a fucking land raider in space that one shots eternal warriors like it just don't give a fuck. How is that too expensive?

stormwolves are rape

Is it sad every time I think "explain" in my head when writing a post on here on in real life, I think of this gif and can hear the voice?

What's more autistic is, if I'm getting stressed or angry or worried or some shit, I say "The Emperor Protects" or "The Emperor" in my head.

>DA
>loyalists
Good one

I think its a 1000pt list.

Don't bring Harrald.
A wolf lord would serve you better.
>Chainswords on TWC
Nah son, hammers n shit.
>Longfangs without a transport
>troops without transports.
Looks like you just lost a pack of BloodClaws chief cause LFs could get a drop pod or the Grey Hunters, cut further points for a rhino for the other.
>flamers on Blood Claws
Are you afraid of the dark or something?

>SW are far more loyal than dark angels
nice meme friend

Yeah that S8 AP2 Force a Toughness Test or Die is SURE FUCKING SHIT :^)

Oh, what's that? It also has SPONSONS AND 6 TRANSPORT CAPACITY?

Fuck off. GK and BA, hell most factions, would kill for that fucking versatility.

i mean in actual money terms, not point terms. I don't feel like dropping that cash. How is the list other than the lack of stormwolves

As a Christian is easier for me cursing saying Emperor dammit than God dammid and other imperial cursings.

Look, it's Cypher! He went that way!

Great, now that that faggot is gone, we can get back to our discussion.

thanks. anyways, the dark is spooky. what shouls I put with my blood claws?

Glue some wings onto a shoebox. Everyone will know what it's supposed to be.

>SW are far more loyal than dark angels.

We are so loyal we destroyed our own homeworld to make it more tactical in the battle against Heresy.

Meanwhile you heretical mutants spit on the Emperors throne as you accept creatures of the warp.

I know about that website, get battlescribe son.

What's the coolest faction to go for for a tank-heavy army?

What's the best color scheme for vehicles in general?

>letting a religion cuck your vocabulary
>being an autist who actually uses 40k curse words in real life
thats weak

>tank-heavy army?
IG, duh.

>color scheme
the one you like.

Eh. Still made useless by IH.

Still mad that Red Hunters are the only chapter that cannot use any named characters. Still mad that their second rule for their chapter tactics is now literally useless due to all Imperium armies being Battle Brothers.

IG Armored Battlegroup or Iron Hands.

if you want tanks, run to the IG user, run and never look back. Anyways, for IG, good color schemes are normally some sort of metallic or camo, make it look gritty and war torn

>what shouls I put with my blood claws
I mean, almost literally anything else.

and are me and I play superfriends but prefer DA fluff so won't help in fluff where I am being more loyal than you :^)

Guard

The color you like you can go full operating and use digital camo or full girls und panzer and paint them golden and other bright colours.

Don't GK get Stormravens with Psycannons? And then Fighter Ace gives them a chance at ML2 with Vortex of Doom. That's every bit as fucked up as the Stormwolf.

even feathers for tickling?

>2 ravagers spend 2 turns pounding 2 wyverns
>all i get is a crew stunned and a glancing hit
that
is
FUCKED

for the wolf lord what is the best weapon option.
black death, hammer or fangsword look pretty gewd.

>tfw you and your bros throw down $700 on plastic cocaine
>tfw the LGS owner could've closed the store 1 hour into the business day because he made the sales goal on our purchase alone
>tfw I have all that DE stuff to build

>Hammerhead one shots my land raider turn one three games in a row
that is also fucked

Have you tried baking your dice to always roll 6s? That's the best way to deal with problems with silly things like "luck", "chance" and "randomness".

i dont want to do well always and forever
but 280 points of models not even killing 55 points of something they're designed to kill is fucking frustrating

>CSM
>Tyranids
>Dark Eldar

That sounds like a dream playgroup. You will all suck, but you'll suck together

Nobody gets special Stormravens anymore other than the GK Formation that has Cleansing Flame.

That doesn't seem like that much. Is the wholesale price really that low? Why do I never see this shit on sale?

I have been using the Start Collecting Formation in place of my Superfriend's Allied Wolf Detachment but before that the blood claws I brought had a meltagun.

Though they had that because I had 18-24 other plasma guns on the field as well as 6Multi Meltas and up to 9 Grav

Though that is talking 3k+

I think your melta will get a loot more use and you can pop a bunch of transports with it as need be.

Personally I need to get transports for my grey hunter soons and I have been teaching one of my friends and he likes the space wolves so since I bought two of the start collecting he uses those 2 of the start collecting formations in a 1000pt list and it is actually pretty brutal. He could kit it out to 1250, 1500 with transports and a few models.

Sounds like Guard is the way to go then. Guess I'll have to start looking up what the interesting Russ variants are.

I tend to prefer more color than metallic or camo, although it might be a nice change of pace.

I suppose I could also justify some oddly bright color by calling it camo for some alien terrain.

If you have the points I prefer the Black Death.

It's actually closer to $1000 on the table. We got it at 30% discount. And there's still more to come. The finecast stuff that other guys ordered didn't come in.

Shit happens sometimes, it can't be helped.
I've lost six models to Gets Hot in one shooting phase before.
A game I watched had one Eldar player seize the initiative and then one shot a Tyranid Harridan with a Revenant Titan.
Sometimes the Dice gods simply frown on you.

Well, even without Psycannons, Vortex of Doom on a flying Land Raider is pretty fucked up. And even if you get a shitty roll on the Fighter Ace table, you're still going to get BS5 or +1 to jink.

well the most important thing is that YOU like the color sceme

>superfriends
>Superfriend's

What is this? Some sort of Space Marine conglomerate?

It'll be fixed, most likely, some day.

I dunno user. 6+ FnP is nice and all, but 5++ on everything for free is better. Who knows though.

Thunderer and the plasma cannon one (starts with an A- annihilator maybe?) are the best value. Also, take a Baneblade. Everyone loves Baneblades. Even people that hate superheavies love Baneblades.

>superfriends

I just call them that because that is what I am told they are but I combined my Ravenwing with Space Wolves and a White Scars Conclave. I dont really bring it all till 3k+ but with everything I can play 5000+ with it, moreso if I bring my *yuck* Deathwing.

I am considering working on a Hammer of Caliban which is the Armoured Task force of the DA and maybe get some scouts so my DW can go in a Landraider but I could also just bring an Iron Hands Allied detachment with a las pred or two and some thunderfire cannon since the DA dont get em.

People love baneblades cause they are overpriced fragile trash

Is there any precident for marine chapters having vehicles with colors that are nothing like their armor? Like all blue weapons and black highlights and such, but with red vehicles and silver trim? I kind of want to do this, but I dont want to hear shit from neckbeards passing by who think I need to hear that I can't do that.

Yeah, I'd definitely like to get a Baneblade as a centerpiece for a tank battalion. It seems like a good fit.

>starts with an A
Nope, starts with an E. Executioner was the one I was trying to think of.

Wolf Lord: 105 points
Storm Shield (3++): 15 points
Black Death (+2S AP2 +3A when out numbered): 25 points
Wulfen Stone (Furious Charge to Bearer + Unit, Rage to Bearer): 40 points
Thunder Wolf (+1S +1T +1W +1A +Rending to all melee attacks) 50 points
Runic Armour (2+): 20 points

So, base Wofl Lord is S4 T4 W3 I4 A4.
So, Thunder Wolf makes him S5 T5 W4 I4 A5. Then Black Death makes him S7 T5 W4 I4 A5(+3 if out numbered). Then Wulfen Stone makes him S8 T5 W4 I4 A6(+3 if out numbered) (and gives +1S to his unit). Counter-Attack means he always has +1A, whether he charges or not. So he's S8 T5 W4 I4 A6(+1)(+3 if out numbered). All at AP2.

Only downside? Unwieldy. You can swap it for the +1S AP2 sword if you want. The Wulfen Stone isn't a wargear item, so you can take it plus the one weapon replacement.

If you don't want the Wulfen Stone, drop it and replace it with a Plasma Pistol. You get +1A from two melee weapons, but lose the +1S on the charge and so does your, most likely, 3 TWC TH/SS bodyguards.

>post something in general thread
>come back later in the day to see how the thread has progressed
>it's a new one
HOW AM I TO FLOOD THIS BOARD WITH NEWBIE QUESTIONS IF EVERY 3 HOURS THERE'S A NEW THREAD!
So Blood Angel's get to use the Baal Strike Force detachment that gives your units +1 Strength. My friend is rolling CSM and wants to follow the Bringers of Decay chapter or whoever worships Nurgle in general. Is there a formation for him to use or would the equivalent be a Mark of Nurgle?

1. not that I've heard of but occasionally they might use campaign specific camo
2. what
3. what chapter pray tell do you hope to represent?

>How about you play a real Loyalist army,

Please, Dark Angels are as loyal as a white girl in clear heels.

>not getting best tank

Plebs, the lot of you.

He could use the purge detachment, gives him some fancy flamethrower ammunition and a load of elites which he can use to fill with units of death guard. No fast attack slots though, so he can't use nurgle bikers in that detachment.

>not a stormsword
PIG
DISGUSTING

>When user posts the wrong tonk

i gotchu user

None, just my own made up one. I am not happy with the way the painting method makes the vehicles blotchy. I supose I could just use a different shade of blue, but I would have to repaint them.

Macharius Omega is the best tank. 60" S7 AP2 primary 3 means you have a 20% chance of exploding a land raider and you're nearly guaranteed to kill it in two turns.

You could always fluff that as part of their traits
>they run vehicles with divergent paint schemes

Also I suppose you could always fluff it as the chapter's tech priests being particularly honored with the distinction that their vehicles were painted red like their color of office.

Can you gun fire different modes? No? Well then!
Does it even have a model user? :^)

I'm sorry, I don't recognise the army that is for. Is it Iron Hands or something? They like machines.

>s7
>killing a land raider
nigger what

not a terrible idea. Say that they do it to honor the mechanicus.

>Not 22" average blast diameter power armor shredder
Why even bother?

you let your enemies take cover saves?
of course it has a model you fucking lunatic

Hey guys,

I wanted to get some 40k books from the library but I haven't looked or kept up with the literature for a really long time. Back ~8 years ago I read these prodigiously and when through the Gaunt series, iron hands, and maybe some space wolves novels.

Is there a list of recommended 40k novels that anyone can link me (even shitty info-grams)?

Anybody have any recommendations for good authors, and authors to avoid?

I'd really appreciate it because I'm going through a stretch of utter boredom right now.

72" Range, S8 AP2, Primary 2, Massive Blast (7")

OR

96" S10 AP2 Primary 1 Apocalyptic Blast (10")

I then add two Sponsons, make one of them Targeters for +1BS and laugh as I melt entire MEQ's and multiwound fools from the other side of the table.

Primary Weapon gives it an addition d6 for armor penetration. Melta at 60" range is fucking delicious.

Cant use Spawn either.

CSM dont have any formations worth building, just have your friend use a CAD. Id suggest using a Sorcerer and Chaos Spawn.

I know it does user. I'm being facetious. Just like the other guy I replied to. I don't honestly think it's Iron Hands.

no it doesnt you mongoloid, it lets you roll 2 dice and pick the higher result for armour pen, its ordnance that doesnt cripple your tank

Yeah, so it's basically the same as the Macharius Omega (which also has an S10 AP2 mode), but 200 points more expensive with nothing really to show for it.