CME Futures

Speculators saying futures will crash BTC... why? I thought the increased institutional interest in will make it rise

Other urls found in this thread:

blockchain.info/address/17jJ1WAJwqizCNLC6p2KadeRqPYhVispzt
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

>increased institutional interest
none of this money goes into crypto market
it is just side bet, like shorting 2008 housing bubble

Banks print "paper bitcoin" that artificially increase the supply. Basically some amount of money pegged to bitcoin price with represent their paper bitcoin. They did it with gold to artificially suppress price growth. Idk how sustainable it is for them to do this long term, but the amount of money they have compared with the mcap of all crypto is frightening.

this, basically, they can short it without actually selling btc

Finally someone that gets it.

Read about QE @ evry1 who doesnt get it.

That Bitch has 1 Million Dollars in Transactions.

How does it suppress the price? That's fucked!

the whole FUTURES marked should be banned and everyone still doing it should be shot
its fucking retarded

but they can never print more than the total possible supply of bitcoin , so this can only last for so long?

Well wikipedia says it's good for farmers

Their paper printing will lead to a short squeeze of epic proportions. It is known

t. watched The Big Short and became an expert

Yeah, we're fucked. They're going to neuter any and all potential monetary competitors to their debt based fiat system, just like they did with gold and silver. They have essentially unlimited money and incentive to do so in order to prop up the status quo.

The only strategy I can think of in light of this is privacy coins like XMR -- they might not set up futures markets for those on account of the stigma.

because all they want to do is short the living shit out of it lmao

They absolutely can and will create more "paper Bitcoin" contracts than Bitcoins that can ever exist, just as the paper markets for gold and silver dwarf the available physical supply (the contracts are always settled in cash). This will satisfy much of the investor demand that would otherwise go into buying real BTC, and it will create ample opportunity to manipulate the market price and hold it down over the long term (as has clearly been dinner with gold and silver).

Unbelievable. Been a futures trader for 4 years. This is fcked. Tether doesn't mean shit compared to CME bankroll. Watch the true whales come in with their legit bots. Everyone must put their chips into DECENTRALIZED projects. Pleassse fellow anons!!!!

I'm of the opinion that the CME will fail in a truly spectacular fashion.

CME makes sense for commodities that have a stable base price. And if you want to control the price, you better have a lot of that specific commodity.

So now thre is a CME with a wildly swinging price on a commodity you do not control?

Someone is gonna get the margin call equivalent of Mr. bones wild ride...

SCREENCAP THIS AND MAY KEK BLESS MY POST

Everyone who's involved in crypto thus far is mostly smaller fish, hobbyists, a couple lucky NEET whales and a few very very smart innovators, most of them are true believers in bitcoin and blockchain. Somewhat idealistic and optimistic.

Institutional money is a different animal. They aren't going to give a shit what bitcoin or blockchain is outside of how they can make money on it. First opinion most Wall Street types have about bitcoin is "how can I short it?"

CME futures allow them to do just that, and they have enough money to move markets even more than elder whales.

Guys if futures are ao bad why are they allowed. What even is it? Retard here

Futures are contracts that protect both buyer and seller of a specific commodity from extreme price fluctuations. They arent "bad" by any means

CME absolutely will control their underlying commodity (paper Bitcoins)

it's basicly like gambling on your footbal game, whether btc will go up or down, but if people/normies see that the wallstreet fucks are about to bet their money on btc going down they're gonna be scared of a self fulfilling prophecy and a chainreaction will ensue.

Futures were originally created for farmers I believe, lets say you have a wheat production, you don't know what your crops are gonna be as it depends on weather/dieseases etc so you find a second party that will agree to buy your wheat at a set price way beofre the harvest season. It just a tool to minimaize the risk for farmers and buyers in this case.

any way, fuck em, they can short all they want, I'm not selling a single piece of my btc

Would there just be an untethering between real btc and paper btc though? You can't use your paper btc to pay for hookers and cocaine and it would at least have to higher than the cost of mining otherwise it makes no sense. Plus we can actually trade btc, good lucking trading rocks across the border in seconds.

Fuck em is right. Im also gonna buy some call options with their exchange

it means daddy is home, he's drunk, and feels like taking his frustrations out on your magical internet money. grab your ankles.

>t. watched The Big Short and became an expert
i'm always trying to explain stuff to people like they are retarded, because most of the time they are

I don't really see how "QE" ruins anything for buttcoin. I get that normal people are stupid and would prefer to have stupid government certified buttcoins, but i don't see the price of BTC changing with the introduction of paper BTC. BTC's value is a function of transactions and supply, and I don't see how paper BTC can be used for transactions like BTC or be integrated into the network.

It'll probably end in disaster for them. They still don't really understand decentralized currency, it's impact on society, and that it's going to fuck up their world if they fight it.

because the same whales that pump btc and now gonna short btc and then pull out causing it to fall.

Why would BTC price move with FakeBTC price? Its not like it follows any of the other FakeBTCs.

>First opinion most Wall Street types have about bitcoin is "how can I short it?"
This is the path to pink wojacks.

How much has gone through that address

she received 100 bitcoins in total all of which were in 2014 in 4 different donations

Does she still have them in that wallet or did she transfer out?

she transfers them out, she still receive miniscule donations and transfers

blockchain.info/address/17jJ1WAJwqizCNLC6p2KadeRqPYhVispzt

I wouldnt give that whore a dime

I don't inderstand this either, can someone please actually explain? Futures don't have any connection to anything from what I gather. They're contracts that are hypothetically redeemable in bitcoins, or whatever they are hedging, but in practice that isn't how they're used. The price difference between your futures contract at the time of maturity is what would cover the purchase of bitcoins, but you don't have to make that purchase. Is that the case?

If that is the case, futures don't seem like they necessarily have anything to do with bitcoin, they're literally just bets on bitcoins price.

They will use kike tricks to make their 'bets' come true. Basically they will buy BTC and then dump and then buy it up again to play the same game.

Hes right guys...

>increased institutional interest

Im so sick of you fucking faggots that think you outsmarted the banks

The one saving grace is that Wall St != The World.

Kikes meet Chinks.

You think that you guys know how to manipulate currency?

HAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHA.

When will you understand that they're not putting money in to the crypto market but betting if the prices will go up or down?

It's like plyaing Hi-LO with Bitcoin price.