Warhammer 40k General

Big Guns Get Sleepy Edition

>Rules databases
mega.co.nz/#F!pFgm0RKR!J06C1gVYcjzNGsF8YNLsjQ
kat.cr/warhammer-40k-pdf-library-t9575373.html

>FAQs
games-workshop.com/en-GB/Rules-Errata

>40k 7th edition quick reference sheet(s)
dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/4104995/Games/7edRef_V7.pdf

>Forgeworld Book index
dakkadakka.com/wiki/en/Forge_World_and_Apocalypse_Rules_Index

>White Dwarves
mediafire.com/folder/tx4hcy4u487pv/WD

>Novels (Working link as of 02/02/2016)
mega.nz/#F!wx4BiKhD!YhnAf1BqSmAB8dO6xDM56Q

What would be an appropiate point cost for a Wraithknight? I love the miniature and want to use it.

400? 450?

And it's still better than a stompa

How do we make the Stompa better? More appropriate point cost, or more stuff?

Also same thing for Sir Khorne-A-Lot.

How I Chaos Thunderhawk in CSM Emperors children 1850pts?

Reposting from the last thread because I didn't know it was dying:

So I already have two fair sized armies and my LGS is active and everything has been going great.

Now I have managed to rope two friends in but I have a few questions as when I started it was horrible, I was playing a ta GW against net lists, and for the most part I had to sink or swim.

My friend is a vet and as such wants to play IG, specifically Mech Heavy.
Would 2 Start Collectings and 2 Chimeras be a good start towards that at 1000 points?

My other friend wanted to play Ad Mech but is a bit spooked by the dual codex. His plan is to get their Start Collecting, a box of Kataphron and a box of Kastelan Robots. Again hoping to get to 1000 points.

Also I don't have a 6x4 table and have the biggest apartment out of all of us, can you really play on a 4x4 table? We don't want to play on the ground but are looking at those mouse-pad kind of mats. How are those?

I already have another friend using my 2nd army and it would be easier (and probably better, not that my LGS isn't awesome) if we could play at a house or better yet, whichever house.

Is it worth givings the space wolves cavalry plasma pistols ?

It isn't worth giving anyone a Plasma Pistol, ever.

Noob here, they dont help deal with vehicles and the like ? or I should have a better answer for those problems ?

Probably more appropriate point cost, since the Kustom Stompa from IA:8 is so popular.

We've had a lot of luck on a 4x4 for games under 1500 points.

That's more of a matter of the Stompa being utter shit.

Which Dynasty should I make my Necron army?

Meynarkh

Tell me your personality traits and the purpose that drives your undying legions, first.

Better answers everywhere. Shit even a melta bomb for 5 points will do more work against vehicles than a shitty plas pistol.

Anyone here ever played with the Thousand Sons codex on 1d4chan? How was it?

I'm hoping to make them similar to the Beast Planet / Beast drones from Shadow Raiders. A seemingly endless unbeatable army destroying worlds with unknown motives aside from perhaps the hunger for destruction.

Then the Destroyers Cults are your thing. The Destroyer Cults are formed from numerous dynasties and are not tied down since most of the time they are exiles.

However, they do tend to flock to the most bloodthirsty of dynasties. The ax-crazy Maynarkh dynasty has a large following of Destroyers within their armies.

There is also Novokh known for being savage and bloodthirsty even in their undead state.

Can you use CSM properly without transports?
A squad needs to be 10 man strong to get two special weapons,
and a Rhino has a transport capability of 10 men.
I really wanna have my slaanesh sorc running with my slaanesh marines but it seems to without the metal bawx, are there other good ways to get them across the table without all of them dying?
Also where do I find lash of submission and warptime?

No, it is best to play CSM with as few Chaos Space Marines as possible tbqh.

Shitty boxes, bigger shitty boxes and deciding to run bikes are kind of your only options.

I think FW makes a CSM drop pod that eats its occupants. Not sure though.

>shitty boxes
>only shitty because of the undercosted high str low ap weaps that brutalize them

Boy, they should make lascannons and meltas cost as much as a rhino to take.

>That being said with 'all weapons that fulfill a similar role' of course.

That guy again, so with just the units and not counting weapons, upgrades, etc I calculate the CSM points from Dark Vengeance at 360 base (100 from the 2 cultist squads, chosen 90, 105 helbrute, 65 chaos lord). I'm getting the Blood Angels battleforce and the SM side of the Dark Vengeance. What should I field for a fair fight? The terminators alone are 200 points, a captain is 90, the librarian is 65, tactical squads are 140 each 10 man, dreadnought is 125, bike squad is 63, oh I get ANOTHER captain\chapter master? so that's another 90 leaving me around 913 points if they come as they are. What would be a fair fight? (I'm rolling Blood Angels and going to convert all the DA shit over.. aka paint them red and do what I can to change the insignia or w/e)

THINGS SHALL GET LOUD NOW/What is cover?

HQ:

>Lord, MoS, Burning Brand, Steed of Slaanesh, Power Sword - 130

Troops:

>5x Noise Marines, Blastmaster, Rhino, Havoc Launcher - 125 + 47

>5x Noise Marines, Blastmaster, Rhino, Havoc Launcher - 125 + 47

>9x Noise Marines, Doom Siren, Meltabombs, Blastmaster, Close Combat Weapons, Icon of Excess - 252

Fast Attack:

>Helldrake (Hades Autocannon) - 170

Heavy Support:

>5x Havocs - 4x Melta, Rhino, Dirge Caster, Havoc Launcher - 167

>5x Havocs - 4x Melta, Rhino, Dirge Caster, Havoc Launcher - 167

ALLIED DETACHMENT - Renegades and Heretics:

HQ:

>Command Squad: Banner of Hate, Flamer - 60

Troops:

>Infantry Platoon: 3 x 15 (180), 9x Flamer (45) - 240 (+ Free Arch-Demagogue + Command Vox Net)

>Infantry Platoon: 3 x 15 (180), 9x Flamer (45) - 240 (+ Free Arch-Demagogue + Command Vox Net)

Heavy Support:

>Renegade Strike Battery (3x Wyvern) - 165

Inb4 no anti-air/10.

Same Guy, 1850 total points.

Also the Platoons should be 190 each not 240, I forgot that I took out 15 men + 3 flamers from each.

I mean it seems like you have one good thing going for you, you're really thinking about things a lot. Maybe too much...but at least no one will be unprepared or let down in the long run. Hopefully.

The good news is, if these guys are your friends, and if you started off in the hobby in a sink or swim environment, well now you have a chance to actually enjoy the "fun" part of the hobby. As far as buying a starting force is concerned I always tell people to get what they're guaranteed to paint...what interests them. If it ends up not being competitive in your friend group you can add units or modify rules/army costs/etc later. Not sure how something is going to go? Test it with your buddies! Then you'll have fun learning and you can come back here and tell us, with first hand experience, if this stuff works. This is the nice part about getting friends into the hobby. Then you can gently ease them in to a more competitive scene at the LGS, once they understand the core of the game.

Why aren't you running a baleflamer for that drake?

Lord should have a lightning claw too, since he won't get +1a anyways

Because I have no AA - is the Baleflamer better either way because the Drake can Vector Strike anyway? I've never made a CSM list before.

Good shout on the claw, thank you.

Thats good to hear. The only real problem I think would be scouting but I will probably use my Deathwing in our learning games as not to wreck things.

How are Ad Mech at dealing with dealing with Leman Russes?
I am really the mastermind behind this so I am overthinking it. Everyone choose the army they liked the looks of and I don't think any are too far ahead of the others besides perhaps my friend that will use the Necrons.

Show me some cool fluffy lists.

The Emperor's Barbeque.

-CCS, 60 points.
+3 flamers, 15 points.
+Heavy flamer, 10 points.
Total, 85 points.

+Chimera, 65 points.
+2 heavy flamers, free.

-Infantry platoon:

-PCS, 30 points.
+3 flamers, 15 points.
Total, 55 points.

+Chimera, 65 points.
+2 heavy flamers, free.

-Infantry squad, 50 points.
+Flamer, 5 points.
Total, 55 points.

+Flamer, 5 points.
Total, 55 points.

-Special weapons squad, 30 points.
+3 flamers, 15 points.
Total, 45 points.

+3 flamers, 15 points.
Total, 45 points.

+3 flamers, 15 points.
Total, 45 points.

-Infantry platoon:

-PCS, 30 points.
+3 flamers, 15 points.
Total, 55 points.

+Chimera, 65 points.
+2 heavy flamers, free.

+Flamer, 5 points.
Total, 55 points.

+3 flamers, 15 points.
Total, 45 points.

+3 flamers, 15 points.
Total, 45 points.

+3 flamers, 15 points.
Total, 45 points.

-Hellhound, 125 points.
+Heavy flamer, free.

++TOTAL POINTS++
-1,000 Exactly.

85-Renegade Commander-Mutant Overlord, Covenant of Tzeentch, Refractor Field
70-2XEnforcer, combat drugs

240-Ogryn Brutes-6 Hounds, Packmaster
240-Ogryn Brutes-6 Hounds, Packmaster

170-Mutant Rabble-50 models, Champion, Covenant of Nurgle
170-Mutant Rabble-50 models, Champion, Covenant of Nurgle
55-Spawn
55-Spawn
55-Spawn
55-Spawn

80-Renegade Sentinels-4 models, Heavy Flamers

79-Rapier Laser Destroyer Battery-3 gun models, militia training, 3 extra crew

How to use-run everything except the artillery and, barring great mutation rolls, the demagogue screaming at the enemy lines, keep one mutie blob bubblewrapping the rapiers and demagogue

if I decide to cast a 1 warp charge spell using 2 charges to make sure, does the enemy have to deny the witch only one charge or both?

Ok, you roll your two dice. If both of them are 4+, then your opponent has to deny twice. If one is 4+ and one isn't, they need to deny one charge. If neither are 4+, then it doesnt go off and they neednt bother

Why would anyone do this? It's not even an amazing paintjob

Noob question here: If I have a unit made of psykers, do I only need to pass one warp charge roll to have them all cast, or do I need enough successes for every model in the unit?

That's what I expected. Thank you.

You need to reread your Big Rule Book because that is explicitly explained.

I have seen some confusion with 's question but yours is too simple for you not to educate yourself.

>BT termie Libby
What black magic is this?

Valkyries for renegades and heretics, Y/N?

You should get a Sonic Dread

So what's the interaction between existing aircraft formation and the new aircraft wing rules? Can you use the old formations in the new attack patterns? What happens with formations that have 5+ flyers?

Do you have to use the Allied Detachment or can you just bring a formation from another faction?

>He is using that shit-tier flying DLC.

Pretty sure they now have to deny every single successful die. So if you cast a spell that costs 3 wc and you get 4 successes, they have to make 4 denials.

You can do both, you don't need one for the other if that is what you are asking.

Normal ally rules still apply.

>DLC
I want /v/ to leave.

>Not taking a free 4+ invul save without bothering to jink
Why would you not? It even explicitly says that you don't have to bother with the dogfight bullshit unless everyone agrees that they want to do it.

You guys can do you, glad I don't play with it and my entire LGS collectively said "Hell No" to it.

Fine, if DLC triggers you how about completely unnecessary supplement.

>Why would you not?
Why make things more unbalanced and bulky, Dogfight phase or not .

According to the base rulebook, you can take any number of any detachment (combined arms, faction specific, allied, or formation). The only restrictions are that your warlord can't be from the allied detachment, the allied detachment can't be the same faction as the primary detachment, and I don't think you can take multiple allied detachments from the same faction.

>You need to reread your Big Rule Book because that is explicitly explained.

I'm not seeing it. And various other forums regarding this question are torn on the topic because of uncertain wording. I'm gonna say that every model in the unit passes with a single roll. That is, 2 successful warp charges allows my 5-model unit to fire off 5 attacks.

The Demagogues for platoons are technically not free. The rules say one sergeant per platoon may be upgraded for free and sergeants cost 10pts.

Why do you hate free shit, user? It even makes provisions for taking up to 4 dakkajets in a single FA slot so you can still take an assload of deffkoptas and warbikers. All we have to do is houserule dakkajets into ground support aircraft and it's a solid buff for orks.

The entire unit is a single psyker. Any ability that affects a psyker affects the entire unit, and any damage that a psyker would take is allocated randomly. If you manifest a psychic power with that unit, it's manifested once, and the unit can't manifest that power again that turn. That's the intent of the rulebook; if you find a loophole and can convince other people that it means that you can cast 15 vortexes of doom for 3 warp charges, good for you.

>I'm gonna say that every model in the unit passes with a single roll. That is, 2 successful warp charges allows my 5-model unit to fire off 5 attacks.

Then you are wrong and should feel bad. Warp Charges are used on a power by power basis.

>Have 6 Dice in Psyker Pool
>Use 3 for a 2 Charge power
>All 3 succeed
>Attempt at Deny
>Empty Warp Charge pool.
>Next Power, 3 Dice left
>Use 2 towards Force
>Goes off with 1
>Attempt at Deny
>No more Powers, 1 Dice Left. Oh well!
>Move on to shooting

Don't a unit of individual psykers become brotherhood of psykers per 7th edition? I'm 99% sure they do because there's an argument on 1d4chan debating whether this buffed or nerfed Zoanthropes.

Is the death from the skies supplement not in the mega link? There is just so much shit in it I can't really find it.

2 different rules

There's not a lot of armies that work without transports or highly mobile units. One of the many reasons why Tyranids suck ass.

Even foot Eldar can be beat by mid tier armies.

Librarius Conclave is a pile of individual psykers, though I guess that's not a normal unit, and doesn't necessarily have to be a single unit. I can't think of a unit that has individual psykers rather than BoP, but that doesn't mean it doesn't exist.

AdMech can kill Russes, no problem, since they can take haywire out the ass. The problem is that Russes can kill AdMech that aren't T5 or more pretty easily too.

>come back to 40k
>turns out my army is gamebreakingly overpowered and nobody wants to play with me

It's not. There's a link to it posted a couple of threads ago, the one that had the mosaic of all the OP images. Check the archive.

How did your army become massively OP? All the OP-shit is pretty much new models, not old.

He probably had two dozen crisis suits or anything necron.

What happens when the Imperium gets off it's ass and pulls out all the really dangerous handheld shit?

Stuff like Rad weaponry and the like.

Thank you!

No problem. Post it here when you find it for anyone else that needs it. It should probably get added to the archive or the copypasta.

>watching two friends go at it, one tyranid, other necron
>tyranid friend uses biovores to wreck his warriors
>necron player complaining about how broken tyranids because of AP4 artillery are while he JSJs with fucking destroyers
>an unit that for 40 points comes with stock preferred enemy, jetpacks, T5, W2, 2shot S5AP3 guns, 3+ save and 5+ fnp

Ask him to play a game as the other guy's 'nids and see how quickly that shuts him up

More Dakka. Either cut the cost by 100 points and give it a couple more Supa-rokkits or just make it a "Build your Stompa" like the Kustom one.
Problem with it is that GW mentality the second option will never happen so we can just hope for the first one.

the only exception to this is Zoanthropes with Warp Blast, and they specifically say they are an exception to this with warp blast.

Only currently viable Ork list:
>...

>He thinks this is just a supplement

The Mechanicus uses it all the time.
Lots of people die.

Seers Council has to be a single unit, with two IC psykers that can't leave the unit of warlocks who are BoP with special rules about mastery level and warp charges. But the individual psykers do not join the BoP

>not blitz Brigade
>not nobz in a naut

The FAQ hit hard...

>crisis suits
>OP
Unless you play Orks or something, you are the highest tier of scrub in existence if you think Crisis Suits are in any way a problem.

>khorne superheavy
>600 points
>ws5 i4

it's not a bad unit, just not worth 888 points or 2 knights or a daemon lord

unless your army was particularly dickish before you can probably still run it as a good but not super OP version now.

Worst I could think is if you had a bunch of scythe wraithguard, in which cas just say they're cannon wraithguard. Or a ton of warp spiders, which is dickish, but why did you have more than 2 units of those?

He said viable, not slightly less shit

50 mek gunz with grots in front for cover.

> Fuck it, let's just set space on fire and leave

Dunno, people always bitch at me when I JSJ with dozens of missiles.

>mek gunz with grots in front for cover
FAQ'd

Why are Predator Tanks so lame?

Was it? Can you post the ruling for me?

Because for the same cost as one Predator you can get two Razorbacks

They are hardy, but no too hardy wit decent fire power, but not too good, wrapped up in a price tag thats about 10/15 points too high. its a recipe for mediocrity

TBF 2 razor backs arent that hot either, being both relatively fragile and with even less firepower to show for it

Whats Veeky Forums's opinion on the ork fandex? Id love to give my orks not completely terrible rules but im also kinda new and unaware of its total bullshit or not

What's your favorite Leman Russ variant, and how do you like to kit them out?

Intervening models don't grant a cover save if you can see over them.

that not a 'now OP' thing. Crisis suit have always been able to do that.

But if I'm covering grots with grots, can't I just snug them up close? I get that I can't cover a stompa with a nob, and that very tall models can over the top of one blob to shoot at another blob, but what if I have my cover dudes 1" away from the guys behind them and lined up perfectly?

I'm guessing Iyanden Eldar.

Eradicator. Heavy bolters are solid, but at lower points levels lascannon/multimeltas can work for the versatility.

the fast attack options for Solar Auxillia.
Or am I limited to IG.