Horus Heresy General /hhg/

Don't Ride The Over Omega Edition
Free scholarship to Tizca University Sub-Edition
In the old thread we saw some well done models, why Thallax get hate was asked, reposted pictures from Warhammer Fest were posted again, recasts and resin were talked about, power armor mark discussion that didn't devolve into a mk3 vs mk4 happened, what would be the Overwolf for other legions popped up, new Titans inbound and more in the old bread Red Book Links:
sys.Veeky Forums.org/derefer?url=http%3A%2F%2Fwww2.zippyshare.com%2Fv%2Fs15Jqk1t%2Ffile.html
sys.Veeky Forums.org/derefer?url=https%3A%2F%2Fmega.nz%2F%23!Jx1UGCTI!vMJN89z7p8tiEC7YOAj477g6RxDtJ7culVLF3q3godg
HH Book 6 - Retribution PDF:
mediafire.com/download/8aqx9j3a8erqv8d/The_Horus_Heresy_Book_6_-_Retribution.pdf or
sys.Veeky Forums.org/derefer?url=https%3A%2F%2Fkat.cr%2Fthe-horus-heresy-book-6-retribution-pdf-t12199249.html
HHG FAQ - pastebin.com/iUqNrrA8
Official HH 7th Edition Errata (Updated January 2016) - forgeworld.co.uk/resources/fw_site/fw_pdfs/Horus_Heresy/Horus_Heresy_7th_Edition.pdf
Other official downloads: forgeworld.co.uk/Downloads#horusheresy
HH Rules:
Crusade Army List: mediafire.com/download/1lprm5vd99yafa3/
Mechanicum Taghmata Army List: mega.nz/#!LFwTjQ7B!mF0eVOY8P1MPT0a-QSXypXo_ZfskhYynD41PrkaTbD8
30k/40k Rules: mega.nz/#F!pFgm0RKR!J06C1gVYcjzNGsF8YNLsjQ!EVh0GZZS
30k/40k Rules and more (torrents): kat.cr/usearch/"Forge World" heresy user:epistolary/
30k Black Library: mega.nz/#F!0RlxDZQC!qAu9BaubWa3KeihJRmOcsg

First for Night Lords.

Second for talk to your children about not taking candies from strange warp entities.

Which Legion?

More proof that if Emps tried to raise them they would have been taken away by child protection services

If it has tentacles I'm certain that the Primarchs would know it just wants to slap all of your 30k goodies away, and make your modern counterparts suck.
Which legion what?
He never had the chance.

Word Bearers are the best and worst legion.

>Read the HH series
>Read FW
>Mort is the toughest of the primarchs, able to withstand forces that would lay low his brother primarchs

And yet he went down to a single punch from Draigo...

You mean just worst?
>What dad you wanted your empire to be atheist and we did just the opposite?
>I wonder why he burned our cities dedicated to his worship?
>Hurr durr the only way to save the Imperium is by having everyone worship the dark powers of Chaos and kill billions of innocents
>Best legion

That's Chaos for you. It took away from him but Draigo is a Grey Knight who's job is to murderize daemons, and knew Morty's true name.

You sound like a Space Wolf enthusiast. I bet you don't even think much of Angron.

Finally getting around to painting my B@C Tacticals. I forgot how miserable it is to be painting dudesmans instead of glorious Forge World silliness.

Confession: I hated MKIV until they released Calth.

Wish there was more head and torso diversity but they're super-easy to work with and modify.

Why should I when I have Leman Ruff?
I hope to Emperor that the thread doesn't become full of wolf jokes due to this post

>>Hurr durr the only way to save the Imperium is by having everyone worship the dark powers of Chaos and kill billions of innocents

He was shown the fate of empires that abandoned religion and embraced themselves and secularism. For example, the fate of the Eldar. The Eldar were destroyed by Slaanesh not because he is evil or whatever, but because at moment of her birth all Eldar subconsciously rejected xir.

Slaanesh loves the Eldar like a child loves his parents but the spurning he received from them wounded him so much. Now he is a child, petty and innocuously cruel, venting his anger on the parents that did not want him.

Humanity was walking on the same path the Eldar and othr elder races walked. A path to destruction. Lorgar saved humanity.

No disagreement here. Great sculpts, and lots of bits to play around with.

But they are annoying as hell to highlight. I'd much rather be painting another Deredeo or more nice FW Contemptors.

>The Eldar were destroyed by Slaanesh not because he is evil or whatever, but because at moment of her birth all Eldar subconsciously rejected xir.
>Slaanesh loves the Eldar like a child loves his parents but the spurning he received from them wounded him so much. Now he is a child, petty and innocuously cruel, venting his anger on the parents that did not want him.
Yeah right.

Guys,who gave Erebus the keyboard again?
I get at what your saying but if that happened humanity would be claimed by civil ( really very uncivil ) war as the four gods used humanity as their pawns until we were wiped out
And besides
The Emperor just wants to love you

its its almost exactly what Ingethel the Ascended tells Argel Tal aboard the Orfeo's Lament though

In the realm of flesh, sentient life is born ensouled. In the realm of raw thought, all life is soulless. But both are alive. The Born and the Neverborn, on both sides of reality. Destined for symbiosis. Destined for union.

-----------------------

>Chaos seeks symbiosis with life: the Ensouled and the Neverborn in natural harmony. Union. Faith. Power, Lorgar. Immortality and endless possibility. Sensations beyond mortal comprehension. The ability to feel maddening delight at any agony. The gift of ecstasy even when you are destroyed, making even death a great joke, knowing you will incarnate in another form over and over until the suns themselves go black.

>And when the stars die, Chaos still lives on in the cold – still perfect, still exultant, still pure. This is everything humanity has ever dreamed of – to be unchallenged in the galaxy, to be omnipotent above all other life, and to be eternal.

-From "Aurelian"

To unity. symbiosis. Born and Neverborn as one. This is the glorious future promises humanity. So don't believe imperial lies.

Argel Tal and his brethren are the forerunners of this glorious future.

Because he decided to become a slave to baldness, and form that moment his fate was sealed.

How would one stat Thunder Warriors?

I still dislike things like the Mk IV Assault Squad, just because the chest plates look so bare and boring. Tacticals in Mk IV look beter because they have that harness thing going on. If I ever get assault marines it'll definitely be Mk II.

Why do you want to deny this thread some cultural enrichment, user?

SLAAAAAVE TOOOOO THE POWEEEER OF DEEEEEEEAAAAAAAAATH

If you want to avoid being consumed by a vengeful child-god then how about, and hear me out, NOT creating a motherfucking vengeful child-god in the first place by avoiding religion and extreme emotions?

>by avoiding religion

The reason why Slaanesh was born is because the Eldar abandoned their religion and embraced excess and self worship.

This weakened the Eldar Gods and eventually gave birth to Slaanesh.

Does anybody know of a good rapier that would fit a marine? I want my praetors paragon blade to be a rapier

I play White Scars

Always like morts legion and backstory, to bad he turned out to be such a fucking hypocrite.

Dark Elves

I just wanted to organize my picture folders, but my inner Inquisitor is holding me at gun point. Any symbiosis with Chaos can only lead to ruin.

Just grab a wire and stick it on a hilt of choice.

>Tacticals in Mk IV look beter because they have that harness thing going on.

That "harness" is the power cables for the suit. The assault marines are fitted with extra armour on the chest to protect these cables.

Just use a scimitar.

Mongols used scimitar-like blades on horseback, so it should be a close fit.

Aye,brother let us show them the

>MkIV has visible power cables
>one of the reasons why MkV is considered inferior is visible power cables

If symbiosis with the neverborn would mean to cease to be human, then I reject it. Why do you seek to escape human nature? Are you scared of being a tiny human in an uncaring hostile universe? Scared of the natural frailty of our species? You have the potential, as a human, to contribute to great things, yet you waste your gifts seeking to be enslaved to entities that show as much interest in you as they would to new toys to play with. Because that's what you'll be to them. Even empowered by energies beyond measure, you'll be just their plaything. It's the same reason Abaddon accepts their help but not their comunion, for he knows his identity would be forfeit. Not even your champion accepts your so called "primordial truth"!

Chaos are simply another kind of life. Different xenos with terrible tricks and even worse intentions, that's all, and those are the ones you seek comunion with? Disapointing, a waste of mankind's promise.

Humanity must come together, for we are many and are capable of great things. Overcome the numberless, topple giants and defeat the unknown. All of this requires sacrifice of untold billions, to ensure that human civilization, not xenos, dominates this galaxy now and always. And as we do so, humanity shall improve and evolve, leaving behind the obsolete, but by our own doing, not by becoming the pawns of xenos.

Pretty sure the MkIV has auxiliary cables under the armour. The MkV has all the cables outside of the plating (which is why it has those bits running down the arms and legs), though some versions used MkIV cabling when available. MkVI has external and internal cabling to have a redundancy in case of emergency and MkVII and VIII has it all under the plates. MkII also has visible cables, though they're somewhat sunken into the plates, so they're not as exposed. MkIII has plates, so they cover the cables.

You need to use the curvy sword of curvyness, a Scymitar. Mongols wouldn't use an european duelling blade of later centuries, not even after sacking it.
It doesn't mention dinosaurs because ignorance is the only way to protect mankind.
MkIV isn't supposed to have visible cables. I know those FW models have it. It's wrong. MkII had exposed cables and that was a flaw that MkIII tried to correct by adding extra plates (that ended weighing it down).
MkIV was the compromise between weight and hidden cables, and that's what made it better.

Guys lets all get this thread back on course.
Somebody get the memes ready

It was all part of the plan :^)

The fluff is it's a present he got off his Forge-Lord EC friend at the end of his time in the Legionary exchange programme. They run into each other on Terra and have a duel, who ends up winning is unknown at this point.

I think I might go with and fancy up the hilt with it.

Aren't those drop pods going to hit the space marines?

Tragic brothers!

Just remember what Perty said my fellow siege brother.

>Is it human?
>No
>Don't give it the time of day, or anything other than the good ol' bolter and chainsword.
Done.

No, they're going to enrich them. The wolfpods will know their own.

Blackshields, probably Chymeriae

>The Codex Astartes names this maneuver Wolf Wolf

If I start playing Raven Guard, using both that one special character who can get a flier onto the field turn one and a Skyshield Landing Pad to have two fliers on the field on my first turn, what are the best two (non-LoW) fliers to slap down? One would have to be a Storm Eagle, Caestus, or other transport flier in order to have the character inside it. The other one could be anything (Fire Raptor? Lightning?)

Hopefully, the story is they become friends through a mutual love of great art, become battle-bros and then the heresy happens

By the time of Terra the FL is a drug addled maniac obsessed with making better sex-robots, and the Praetor is a stony cold pragmatist who now believes art is a waste of the Imperiums time and resources.

Depends entirely on the rest of your army.

I just told my LGS group that I'm planning on allying 2 Knight Gallants as a Questoris Detachment to my Imperial Fists Legion with a heavy Black Templar theme...and they all said it was a horrible/hilarious idea and I should do it. Would it really be that bad?

When you said Templars this is all I could think of. But I say you go for it user. Some of the most hilarious armies are the most fun to play as.
>Captcha Cogswell
>Praise be the Omnissiah

Nice, I love it.
I fluffed my MoS to become a Moritat due to betrayal making him obsessed with vengeance. And now a Moritat mini is going to be released.

>MkIV isn't supposed to have visible cables.

Since when?

>MkIV isn't supposed to have visible cables. I know those FW models have it. It's wrong.
That's bull, MkIV has always had exposed cables.

That's kinda my thinking. I have a Knight Crusader and it's boring as hell to play with. It just sits in back like a tank. I wanted something different and cheap points wise so that I can still have a lot of Imperial Fists running around.

Hmm, I guess I went with the EC's version of MkIV, which lacks exposed cables. But it could be artificer. Overall, there are examples of MkIV with and without exposed cables. Turns out it's difficult to standarize an entire galaxy of sub-patterns. Still, exposed cables are dumb.

In FW books, off the top of my head I don't think any MKIV has had exposed power cables, only the old as fuck minis those anons posted.

No no, I too was thinking of that, but turns out there's a lot of MkIV variety, like pic related. Further gives weight to the idea that artificer MkIV has hidden cables (the book actually calls them radiator units though).

They're on the B@C Mk IV as well, so it's not terribly old I personally think having something on the chest just doesn't look good. Like the EC variant looks fine without it because it has the aquila.

Just like with the assault and destroyer squads models, the BaC chaplain, etc. They have an additional plate fitted on top of the cables. MkV suits can have a similar thing. It's been in the fluff for ages.

I modeled all my MkIV sergeants with torsos that have plate on top of the cables, so it looks more like Artificer Armour. Blood Angels Tactical box, Death Company box come with such torsos. Likewise I modeled my MkVI sergeants with plastic assault squad torsos with the straps, since they look like armoured up cables.

So lads, I'm looking too expand the small amount of World Eaters stuff that I got for Christmas. I've got a preator and 2 tac squads (with chain axes of course) and was wandering where to go next. I'm also curious about units specific to the World Eaters, Kharn, red butchers and whatnot. They any good?

All the problems that could be solved by simply using MkIII. Look how it endured an ork AP3 weapon. I want betrayal at MkIII.

Kharn is pretty good
Few things can stand to Butchers, although they're points heavy.
Everything else (Rampagers that don't get rampage, Caedere weapons that are worse than power swords, loyal WE that need to get their shit kicked in to gain Rage...in an ongoing combat) is subpar.
>Where to go next
You need transports to get people with power weapons to fuck people up. Many use LRs because they are resilient and can serve as antitank too, but maybe you'd want something cheaper and/or different.
Also, get ranged stuff. Maybe Kheres Contemptors?

>actually giving a shit about your armour
>not just scavenging pieces from the field and keeping them together with bonding studs

MKV best armour

>MkV user scavenging for armour because a stubber round ruined his exposed cables
>Franctically looking for a dead MkIII user that didn't need to be killed with antitank weapons, or with a headshot, kinda like what pic related ended up doing.
>MkIII never breaks.
>MkIII Master Armour.

Is the godhammer styled landraider any good? I have a land raider on a shelf, but I haven't gotten it because I particularly don't like raiders and FW has a nasty habit of making GW kit stuff sucky.

>battlefield repaired armour is MkV may-may

it's a decent workhorse thanks to the machine spirit

spartan is basically it on steroids, though

"Godhammer" is the name of the lascannon pattern that most Land Raiders use. The regular Land Raider is represented in 30k by the Land Raider Phobos (assault transport).
And no, it's not good since you can't stick a unit+IC in them due to the 10 model transport capacity, and there are no 12-man/16-man varians like the Redeemer or Crusader in 30k
Furthermore, pay 45 pts more and you get the Spartan, with 200% the transport capacity, 200% the firepower and extra options like the Flare Shield, which make it nigh invulnerable to shooting from the front.
LR VARIANTS WHEN FW

If you got a squad that fits it. I mean, a Spartan is stronger, packs 150% more dudes, better guns, etc. for not much more points, but I guess if you got a squad that maxes out at 10 and doesn't need a character... Hopefully it's a close combat unit, since for a shooty unit the Proteus is a cheaper option for all the other benefits of the Phobos.

Personally, since I dislike resin, I only got a Phobos (regular GW kit) and a Proteus (the old plastic MkI land raider kit).

Kharn is good, Red Butchers are pretty good but beware about putting them up against other terminators with fists, it'll waste your 2W model. If those are 2 10 man tac squads, then you're wrong, you have 1 tac swuad with 20 people, you also need a Spartan. Apothecaries are a good choice, especially if you run Crimson Path to get 4+++ from regular Apothecaries, 3+++ from Gahlan Surlak. Kheres Contemptor-Mortis is good, I have a Leviathan I like, maybe get a Dreadclaw for the Red Butchers. As other user said, Kharn is good, Rampagers are trash. Blood Madness is pretty good to get Rage instead of having to wait to get not-swept.

>you can't stick a unit+IC in them

You can, the unit just can't be maxed out. For terminators, Praetor with 4 model terminator bodyguard fits into a Phobos just fine.

>MKV is factory produced armour may-may

Well yeah. I meant to say that some units have effectively 10-men min size, like vanilla termies, but 9 Veterans + a Consul fit in just fine. Also, should have said 250% transport capacity.
LR tank squads are fun, though.

>200% the transport capacity

250%

>LR VARIANTS WHEN FW

Crusader and Redeemer are post-heresy creations. 12 model capacity for the Phobos should be mandatory, it's shit otherwise. And the fact that the Spartan is barely any bigger than the Phobos and packs more lascannons (meaning more laser generators), yet is able to sport 25 models vs. 10, it bullshit.

FW could release the Prometheus, since it's already feature in the FW books. Just give it a larger capacity (same way the Crusader exchanges the laser generators for transport capacity and stores the hurricane bolter ammo externally). Maybe the same 16 models. It could also have the ability to take the Proteus sensor web upgrade for an exchange of transport capacity (just like how the current Prometheus has a 10 model capacity, but packs extra HQ equipment).

But a man can dream, right?

Well, it is.

What's your source?

>Space marine chapter, especially chapters that went over to Horus
Hmmm

>We should get a LR pattern that makes both Phobos and Proteus obsolete, we're tired of selling them!
Of course a man can dream, but all I'm asking is 12 transport capacity, that's about it. I like the idea of exchanging the lascannons for alternate guns/some way of freeing up space.

Given how the Spartan can exchange its quad lascannons for a laser destroyer array, I can't see why regular LRs can't swap their twin lascannons for quad-heavy bolters like the ones found on rapiers. It'd be nice.

QUAD-FLAMERS WHEN

>all I'm asking is 12 transport capacity

I guess the "LR VARIANTS WHEN FW" had me fooled.

I would assume the Prometheus would be its own variant, rather than a Phobos upgrade, since on top of the quad HBs it also lacks the hull HB.

>Salamanders
>Doing things quickly
Pick one.

It's older lore.

Many legions were divided into chapters - most notably the UM and the WB

Still, that is old fluff, and if it were written now would almost certainly say "legions"

MKV is both armour scavenged from the battlefield and the knobbly armour we all know and love.

Battlefield scavenged armour is non-production MKV, and knobbly armour is production MKV. it says so in retribution.

Don't they already have building sized flamers to burn off the Life Eater virus? Quad-flamers already exist, and they're probably master crafted. Me wants them.

Why can't it be relevant now? I mean, yes, Horus had MkIVs for all the legions that were on his side, but not all the legions that fell to Chaos were with him from the outset of the Heresy, so it's perfectly feasible that once the Heresy broke out and the MkV was put into production, large shipments went to legions that fell to Horus during the Heresy.

When the stars are right and then you can have triple flamers. You'll have to wait for the stars to align again to get quad flamers.
Yes but that's Kyme.
>Why can't it be relevant now?
I never said it wasn't relevant I was just telling the guy it's older lore. That's all.

[citation needed]

There's scavenged and battlefield repaired suits in the FW books that are specifically not MkV. It makes no sense for them to just make a blanket category of suits with no uniformity, when they specifically say in the fluff and display on the models and in art, a suit with a clearly uniformal design. MkIV style solid plates (instead of MkII and III segmented ones), MkII cabling, extra plating studded on for extra protection. It makes less sense to have scavenged suits that are MkV and suits that aren't. What makes a slapped together suit a MkV and what doesn't?

>I never said it wasn't relevant I was just telling the guy it's older lore. That's all.

Ok, my bad.

It's okay, user. Take this retro art.

Shouldn't that be vintage? I always understood that "vintage" is old stuff and "retro" is stuff imitating the style of old stuff. Like vintage glasses is a pair of old (but not antique) glasses while retro glasses are new glasses in the style of old glasses.

Anyway, old art for the win.

>heresy for ants

Never thought about that. I think you are correct in the usage.

Best non HH book? Also what percentage of Alpha legion is loyal? Can I play as a loyal cell?

Here MKV is described as non-production, and has a blackshield with bits of MKIV, MKVI, and MKII in his armour, pg86 HH6

>10 trillion hours in ms paint

And here its described as production MKV, pg223 HH6

>20 trillion hours in ms paint

Is the Emperor really a god?