Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Μ_operator
youtube.com/channel/UCcrSMnEYhIPX_p127jI23qw/videos
stateofthedapps.com/
town-crier.org/
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

what kind of contracts do you write

Aren't they just if-then statements?

don't you think that turing-complete language are pointless for smart-contract?

How smart are they?

How long did it take you to learn how do write them and who do you write them for?

Who orical

Any, really. I'm not doing it professionally and I'm only into it since this year

Pretty much

Hard to say - if you can squeeze it in, then it's probably good to have. For money, you may think it might be, but just today I thought about systems where you spend funds according to some distribution (that depends on user activity of contributions) and then you need a for-loop and by then you're essentially Turing complete. I've also played around with decentralized computing ideas.

Not at all

Ori who?

what non B2B areas do you see the most promise

99% of programming is if statements and for loops buddy

hm sure smart contract are still in early stage, my thought was limiting the language to limit the possibility of a bug that has huge consequences. That must be a stressful working writing smart-contract for companies.

How safe are smart contracts?

OP, what books/websites would you recommend for someone who wants to learn how write smart contracts? I’m pretty interested in learning but I feel like I get overwhelmed with the amount of information there is out there. Thank you!

Then why you so stupid?

Are you all in on LINK?

>99% of programming is if statements and for loops buddy
This kek, plus variables. Its how you use them that counts.

was she weinsteined?

Are*

Where can one get started learning how to do it? What's the learning curve like?

Will blockCAT help me make smartcontracts easily w no exp

Like with waves, I don't think many people will find much interest in it. Right now, you have mostly business types with ideas who try to hire devs who program them their coin. It's too early for larger adoption.

If I really had to guess, I'd say Google and friends are watching the situation and if everybody broke their legs trying stuff out, and figuring out where the pitfalls are, such a big company will do a "decentralized" dApp environment that runs smooth. But that's speculation, of course.
As this one Ethereum dev said "It's experimental tech, don't use it for critical applications"

I'm a bit cynical and think crowd funding is already the killer app, the rest may not be as impactful.
Then again, I'm crafting an app for pic related, which could be great too. It's an entirely social thing, tho.

Then again, Cardano uses Haskell, which doesn't have for-loops :^)

I also Skype interviewed the guys of Zen before, also functional.

But yes, to be more formal: Beyond the most basic functionality, you only need to add
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Μ_operator
to your language to be Turing complete. I have friends you programmed 4th order differential equation solvers in fucking LaTeX

Ethereum has this online tool for solidity and there are some youtube channels out there.

I do youtube videos here, where I dabbled first into blockchain but recently into NEO.

youtube.com/channel/UCcrSMnEYhIPX_p127jI23qw/videos

any thoughts on LINK?

Oracles are extremely important, even if you were only to make a dApp that tells you the weather in New York, in a reliable way. More reliable than weather.com, i.e. decentralized.

I had known about their previous project on Etheruem (with that IBM intermediary which does this and that to get the data in) and found it to be surprisingly complicated for such a seemingly simple task.

As far as value goes, I feel ChainLink can only be relevant if there are actually other usecases, of which I see few.
There is this website for Ethereum smart contracts
stateofthedapps.com/
but many of them are not really used. Probably only Etherdelta and token contracts are really used... NEO has like 15 contracts.
I don't know too much about Lisk and Ark and that's roughly where the list ends I'm afraid. I don't know about NEM or IOTA contracts. Stratis, and EOS fuck around apparently.
Cardano doesn't have smart contracts implemented yet.

Ethereum has business partners, chains like Ark and NEO have bounty programs and many devs interested. Chainlink seems to be super small, this is a bit worrying. I might be ill-informed, tho

But in the end, there not being many usecases for Link now doesn't mean there'll be lack of hype - and if you're about the price, hype is what drives it by 85%.

Super helpful reply, thanks for taking the time to share this, I learned a few new things.

This.

Is this your job? Could a mediocre programmer do this for a living?
Can you recommend a learning resources?
What's the most you've exploited from a shit contract?

what language do you write in?

I'd answer you properly if you had at least read the thread...

But no, smart contract programming is not hard. Working server side of a website is surely harder, for example. Promoting your shit will be hard, if that's you plan.

I work in computer vision.

What can you tell me about pic related?

wow she has big eyes

beautiful

100% of life is if statements and for loops

C# and custom languages will be the defaults.

You can do some in Python on some platforms. And I can only imagine Lisk uses javascript.
I'm personally mostly a mathematically oriented script kiddy.

I can say that I figured out Veeky Forums is a hype bubble. Nobody shills Link like they do here, why is that?
I already dropped a few lines on Link, the whitepaper is available too. You can also check out their previous website.
This is related
town-crier.org/
But irrelevant to you if you're about trading

if statements, interlinked

The whole point of link is to enable more use cases for smartcontracts

Smartcontracts will become mainstream and well see it first in the securities industry. How will they get data?

>I can say that I figured out Veeky Forums is a hype bubble. Nobody shills Link like they do here, why is that?
>I already dropped a few lines on Link, the whitepaper is available too. You can also check out their previous website.
>This is related
>town-crier.org/
>But irrelevant to you if you're about trading

Yeah, this doesn't make any sense.
Much like your last post on Link, here After your first post I decided to give you the benefit of the doubt and ask an innocuous technical question, and you completely side-stepped it, bringing up Link being hyped on Veeky Forums instead for some reason.

I think you're trying to FUD Link, and you possibly might not know very much about even the basics of it.

Protip: Chainlink is poised to allow for mainstream smart contracts, the way they were always meant to be. If you think Chainlink needs more use cases than that, then you my friend have no idea what smart contracts were envisioned to be.

I suppose that's a better way of looking at it, yes.

I think it's too early to get involved with it.

I have no interest in supporting of fudding LInk, don't get offended. How am I speading uncertainty about it (let alone fear)? I just expect that not much is gonna happen there in the next year.

What was the technical question?

Its all good. Hes entitled to his own opinion. I definitely believe well see chainlink implemented soon based on the need for smartcontracts in the real world.

>How am I speading uncertainty about it (let alone fear)
By literally saying Link is in a hype bubble.

>What was the technical question?
What you could tell me about the technical diagram I posted.

>too early to get involved the next world changing technology
ok pal

The audacity of you fucking retards. You come here sharing tips and analysis of crypto, when it's just a roll of the fucking dice. You're like a sad old booze hound that thinks he's got a great method for winning the coin slots. You all think you're Jordan Belfort. If you weren't £1000 deep in crypto by 2014 you're a fucking victim. If you haven't already lost most of your money, you're going to at one point. Even the photos you post of your "14k portfolio", you're not kidding anyone. Spend 10k, up 4k one day, down 4k the next. This should not be a business and finance thread it should be a help thread for problem gamblers. You're fucking pathetic. You're lazy. You have nothing going in in life. That's why you choose crypto currency. You're all too lazy to invest in real business ventures. Take me for example, a real entrepreneur. I've been buying and selling cars since I was 17. It's paid my bills for 6 years. Just this morning I bought a "spares or repairs" listing for £150. Got it running after a quick reference of the hanes manual and an hour on YouTube. Same car, similar age and millage are selling for £4500 on autotrader. Night just sell it for £4000, for a quick sale. Even if I buy a car that is truly fucked, it still has scrap value, real physical value. What do you have? Nothing. Ive also put the deposit on a car that cost 3300 but will sell for 5000 easily. And all that took was 15 mins looking for a good deal. Last year I used only £8000 to buy my uncle a van and tolls for his landscaping business, for which I'm getting £1200 per month cash for zero effort. No sleepless nights. No spending hours each day following trends (100% pointless task) and now I'm looking to buy a small piece of low grade land for forestry operations. You idiots really have no idea about business or finance. I hope bitcoin crashes to 1k most of you fucking hang yourself. Worthless posers.

>By literally saying Link is in a hype bubble.
But I didn't say that. Quite:
>I can say that I figured out Veeky Forums is a hype bubble.

It's hyped here and I don't think it will take off much. Just like buying BTC was a good plan 1 month ago when it was workth 4000$ less, despite there being better coins around.

You're implying "What can you tell me about this pic" is a technical question. Well should I read the abstract of the Whitepaper here or what? I'm not on Sergeys team, I'm afraid I can't help you there. If you want to read code, I've linked to related projects.