Picture related gets dropped into 40k's warp

What happens?
Keep in mind, he has been slaying deamons for countless eons.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=8XZ1UECrRk0
youtube.com/watch?v=jm2-1XNj3gM
youtube.com/watch?v=NUNCEzwQ_uY
youtube.com/watch?v=HBqBAqGLMcM
youtube.com/watch?v=Ogy87-6D4jQ
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Kaldor Draigo meets his match... And then some.

Would they bro up?
Our would Doomguy be too angry for that shit?

>Keep in mind, he has been slaying deamons for countless eons.
He continues to do so as he always had before, except now with Khorne as his patron.

>implying Doomguy wouldn't go after Khorne.

He turns into Kharn the betrayer, except with a sawn-off rather than a plasma pistol.

I feel like the devs took a healthy amount of inspiration for the new doom from that comic.
youtube.com/watch?v=8XZ1UECrRk0

>doom guy arrives
>demons try to kill him
>rip and tear!.png
>kills literally everything in his wake
>all the chaos gods are panicking
>except khorn, he's just laughing at all the blood? shed
>MEANWHILE IN THE IMPERIUM OF MAN
>um commissar?
>yes guardsman?
>why did bill knock me out, take my gear, start talking about huge guts, and start killing literally ALL the orks?
>I don't care guardsman, I'm a little busy trying to find were the fuck my chainsword went.

I mean "Rip and tear" is one of the first lines of dialogue spoken in the game, of course they did.

Eh, I think he'd get auto killed by one of the chaos gods using magic.

doesn't really matter, in the original game Doomguy dies and goes to hell. he just rip and tears his way out.

I'm pretty sure when you die you just game over.

Why would Khorne kill one of his best devotees?
He's Kharn+

Things may get a little tense.

its not as if anything in 40k could conceivably stop him.

he slowly makes headway through sheer tenacity alone.

He solos the Warp. End of story.

>Incoming transmission from: Black Templar 3rd Company

"My Brother! It is good to see you alive and well, how goes your crusader to the Demon infested world of Corvic 3?"
"Uh... about that... we're coming back for redeployment."
"What? Already? You've barely been gone a month!"
"Well... I don't know how to put this, but... the Demon World is empty."
"What?"

5 thousand years from now, when our race is pit against another in a cosmic show of force, races fight each other in this far off future by collectively psychically creating an Avatar to fight for them.

we will put for the Doom Marine and will never lose this galactic contest.

Why do you think the demons are trying to escape from the Warp into the rest of the universe? Because he's there, hunting them, endless cycles of death.

Praise His most holy name: DOOMGUY! Knee-deep in the dead forever.

youtube.com/watch?v=jm2-1XNj3gM

Tell that to anyone on Demos and in Hell... Oh wait, Doomguy killed them all after he died.

That armor design is so bad. I can understand all the gay parts in multiplayer but for the campaign they should do something that looks like Doom, not this shit.

The original t-shirt design wasn't that great either.

so what system would you use for a Doom inspired campaign?

But he is the demons

Deathwatch I suppose, but really, there's none that could do it justice.

well Strike! probably could with relatively minor tinkering, and I think you could probably modify one of the D&D variants to work for that purpose as well with enough homebrewing

>Implying marine bros wouldn't be best buds

>guardfags pretend that person called marine, wearing power armor and having superhuman strength is guardscum.

That's so cute.

BA! LA! LA! LA! LA!

>using a shitty reading
youtube.com/watch?v=NUNCEzwQ_uY

>Humans tell their kids scary stories about demons.
>Demons tell their young scary stories about Doom guy.

>"Now little Tezbarath, if you don't devouryour tortured souls, then Doomguy will find you and rip you to pieces."

He becomes just another random factor in the Warp. The Emperor is the Anathema. Doomguy becomes his avatar, ripping and tearing his way through the endless legions.
>Palaces of Slannesh?
Rip and Tear
>Altars of Khorne?
Rip and Tear
>Forests of Nurgle?
Rip and Tear
>Fortress of Tzee-
RIP AND TEAR!

He kinda would be like Kaldor Draigo but less stupid. He doesn't do it for a higher power, he does it because there is some evil that needs killing! The fact that daemons come back after death just means he'll never be out of the job.

Only War maybe?

Doomguy never dies, never.

3:16 Carnage Amongst The Stars

>fingers wiggling
Too cute.

I lost my shit when I found that one.

The devs knew what the fuck they were doing with this one, and I love it.

>implying that isn't even shittier.

I wonder if Doomguy or Gordon Freeman would have a higher body count in 40K

Doomguy.

Although Gordon Freeman wouldn't be far behind.

Definitely doomguy.

I think in the fluff of the new game, the demons were so panicked the only way to fight him was to seal him away in a forever toomb and put up giant warning signs do not touch or else... He kinda is the boogeyman of hell.

Sounds awesome. I might get that game just for the plot.

>plot

The plot of the game is 'You are the demons. Rip and tear until it is done.'

At least it's acknowledged. Doom 3 tried too hard to have a plot.
DOOM sounds like it's telling you "you're the demon's nightmare. Remind them why you were locked."

There is actually ingame wiki with descriptions of all monsters, weapons, maps and model viewer.

The fluff is nice, but the plot is really shallow like said. Just find the ingame fluff somewhere on the internet and read trough it imo. Unless you like FPS games. Then sure its worth a purchase i guess.

I like FPS games.

I guess. I think Doom 3's plot was completely OK, but it would've been better if it played up the action angle more than the horror angle we got. Doom 3 plot + DOOM gameplay.

Although DOOM as it stands is more than acceptable. There's only so much you can say to a game with an opening cutscene that straight-up tells you to 'rip and tear' and then actively caters to your efforts to do that one thing so quickly. It goes from Zero to Rip And Tear from the start, and I fucking love that.

you don't even need to look at the new games to get that kind of effect
in the original games, he dies on phobos and gets sent to hell, only to kick so much ass that he gets sent back to earth because he's too hardcore for hell

That's all the plot I need.

Isn't that what the first cuts cent basically says?

For all intents and purposes, yes, and that's all the set-up or explanation you need for where the game goes from there. The important part is, some dudes from Hell are gonna have a bad time.

>His Final Smash is just the BFG 9000, there's really no other way to describe it.

Doomguy dies quite a lot, but he always comes back, ripping and tearing.

YOU ARE HAVING A NEAR-DEATH-EXPERIENCE, WHICH MEANS THAT I, UNFORTUNATELY, AM HAVING A NEAR-DOOMGUY-EXPERIENCE.

AGAIN.

Khorne doesn't care who his champions are killing as long as they are killing.

>And then Doomguy killed Khorne.

Hue.

>This pleases Khorne.

It also makes him angry, but everything makes Khorne angry.

Even being angry makes Khorne angry.

That is so cuuuute!

Bitch, the Doomguy is adorable.

Some time later, somewhere in the Eye of Terror, the remains of the chaos reinforcements to Corvic 3 have to explain why they suffered near total losses when they didn't arrive in system until after the Black Templar's crusade had left.

Can we send Doomguy back in time to save the Emperor at the culmination of the HH? I wanna see Horus swatting the air with his power claws in a useless attempt to hit a man who can bunny-hop 30ft at a time and runs at nearly 60mph.

While carrying seven weapons and 3t of ammos and fuel.

I swear I read a hfy story like that once

HFY stories always make me believe there's alien life out there, and that they visit Earth just to read fun stories like that and adapt them into holo movies.

Kinda like the americans are making movies of everything without understanding the books first.

There might be more. But Doomguy has a habit of breaking speakers when NPCs try to exposition at him.

>The fact that daemons come back after death just means he'll never be out of the job.
>Implying Doomguy's fists aren't every single True Name

>implying the Daemons won't be fleeing the Warp out of fear of Doomguy
>implying they ever want to respawn in the same universe as Doomguy

>Would they bro up?

Of course they would. It would be just like out of Idiocracy, but instead of morons its RIP AND TEAR
>You like killing demons? I like killing demons too! We should be friends.

honestly if doomguy actually talked i'd imagine him sounding like either the ultimate warrior or tank dempsey from COD's zombie mode

>scientist guy: "We totally did this for the best of humanity"
>Doomguy gazes at a dead guy, and punches the elevator speaker to smithereens.
And just like that, I was sold.

doomguy

because he does have an equivalent in the half-life universe

he is never coming back to shove a pipe wrench up G-man's backside is he?

Doomguy and Sly Marbo AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA-ing across space and time

valve said they did want to return to him someday but that was years ago.

the closest we'll ever get to an opposing force 2 is shitty fan mods like prospekt or a black mesa styled remake

I'm pretty sure the doomguy will just speedrun the world. It's the only way to beat nightmare anyway.

Is the game good?

Are all the spergs crossing their arms going "Its not REAL doom wheres the metal!" ?

>The fact that daemons come back after death
Not in the warp they dont.
Die there and they are gone forever.

Even worse is that theres a finnite amount of deamons, they have always existed along with their gods after all.

>Are all the spergs crossing their arms going "Its not REAL doom wheres the metal!" ?

What? It's right fucking there!

This game is a great homage to Dooms of old imo, but whatever, /v/ gonna /v/.

Pious could only stare. He saw his Emperor, his god, mortally wounded, bleeding out on the cursed deck plates of the flagship. He saw the angel of his Emperor laying further away, slaughtered like an animal. And he saw the perpetrator of it all, the betrayor, the Warmaster... no, the Heretic, Horus, avatar of the will of the dark gods. Pious could only watch in confusion and sick satisfaction as Horus was beaten to death by some soldier covered in blood screaming "RIP AND TEAR" at the top of his lungs. He looked to his Emperor, hoping for guidance, but the look on the Emperor's face only confused him more,for He looked even more confused. He looked back to Horus, and gaped. Horus, was dead, gutted, and the stranger was jumping into a warp portal screaming about huge guts. Pious could only laugh when he thought about what the God's would do now.

Nah before the game came out and the trailer was the only thing all the metal spergs and computer engineer atuismos complained it wasnt real doom.

From what I've seen:
> Multiplayer beta came out. People didn't like it. Turns out the multiplayer was outsourced
> No reviewers got any early copies for a bullshit reason:
youtube.com/watch?v=HBqBAqGLMcM
> People like the single player
youtube.com/watch?v=Ogy87-6D4jQ

I can't help but feel that Doomguy would take a swing at the Emperor when the Emperor tried to talk to him.

Remember, doomguy killed everything in hell because they killed his pet rabbit.

There's some really solid moments of little character building sprinkled in throughout the game for Doomguy similar to that. Tossing aside the screen at the start of the game when the scientist guy starts to talk to him, as if he's saying to himself "Oh I know where this shit is going," making a backup copy of the AI after they sacrifice it, etc.

>Not in the warp they dont.
>Die there and they are gone forever.
Source?

Oh god, that just reminded me of the mission in Boarderlands the pre-sequel where you kill Felicity. I had to stop playing for a bit after her death.

What would the Grey Knights think of Doomguy ?

They'd feel an immense sense of inadequacy.

Fucking nothing.

In 40k, he's just a standard Space Marine. Fluff wise, anyway.

It's not "lol fuck exposition amiright?"

It's "fuck your justification, there's nothing to save here", as and points out.

Pretty impressive, given the deliberately limited nature of their characterisation, but I think I still prefer Wolfenstein's story (that was a massive surprise).

I say that's natural. DOOM was about shooting a Cyberdemon to bits with your BFG9000, not some twelve year old online.