Warhammer 40k General

Attempting To Not Talk About OP Images Edition

>Rules databases
mega.co.nz/#F!pFgm0RKR!J06C1gVYcjzNGsF8YNLsjQ
kat.cr/warhammer-40k-pdf-library-t9575373.html

>FAQs
games-workshop.com/en-GB/Rules-Errata

>40k 7th edition quick reference sheet(s)
dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/4104995/Games/7edRef_V7.pdf

>Forgeworld Book index
dakkadakka.com/wiki/en/Forge_World_and_Apocalypse_Rules_Index

>White Dwarves
mediafire.com/folder/tx4hcy4u487pv/WD

>Novels (Working link as of 02/02/2016)
mega.nz/#F!wx4BiKhD!YhnAf1BqSmAB8dO6xDM56Q

Would the following Ork army do well? I'm new to the game.

HQ Buzgobs Big Mek Stompa
Troops: 9 Deff Dreads
1 squad of spanna boyz
SH: Kill Krusha Tank

It's gonna be a long five months...

I have a question about Dawn of War

So spoilers the Librarian guy falls to Chaos, but I thought psykers, especially space marine psykers, ESPECIALLY librarians, were supposed to be nearly invulnerable to chaos shittery?

nearly not entirely

There was a rather powerful demon trapped on the planet that was effecting everybody,

There are three tiers of armies. Orks are in the worst tier: tier 3.They're also the worst if tier 3.

So probably terrible.

I want a real Thunderhawk but I don't play the TT, are Forgeworld stuff worth the trouble? I have a Stormtalon and Nephilim perfectly assembled and carefully painted.

I heard that resin kits have more bullshittery involved so I just want Veeky Forums's verdict.

Answer me this, Veeky Forums:
If 40k is so great, why doesn't it have catgirls?

Checkmate.

So I want to bring a Triarch Stalker for my Infantry Heavy Necrons. I play larger games 2000-3000 points and since I use the Decurion I can only take the Stalker in the Judicator Battalion (with 2 units of Praetorians) or the new Start Collecting formation which would give me another Overlord (that I can stick with the OrikanStar, the stalker, warriors and scarabs (which I have SO many of).

I could funnel some of the warriors from my decurion into the already cheaper start collecting formation. So that could be my 20 footslogging unit and put my Reclamation Legion's Overlord with them so they can at least reroll ones. And when the warriors / scarabs get wiped they respawn where ever the Overlord is which could be fun since it will be with the deathstar.

However the other formation gives me more tank hunting options that I kind of need as well as a bit of speed that I severely lack now.

TL;DR How do you bring a Triarch Stalker with a Decurion.

but it does

Felinids are an abhuman species.

Pic related is an artist's rendition of one in Guardsman's flak armor, most likely as part of its home planent's PDF, as the felinid world is currently quarantined for an indefinite amount of time.

is it possible to make up for my previous faggotry?

You HAVE to be retarded on purpose

Fanwank!

All FW stuff is made of resin as far as i'm aware which means, as beautiful as it is, will require at least entry level knowledge of cleaning up the model. I've bought tons ranging from infantry to a Warhound titan and some can be pristine while others occasionally have a little (emphasis on little) deformations that'll require a bit of greenstuff. I've never received anything terribly bad but even if i did i've gotten into the habit of calling fuck ups "battle damage", painting it appropriately so and moving on.

Now, if you have the money I say go for the FW kit but if you're on a tighter budget, chinaman can offer very good services as well. For some reason, I've found he's exceptionally talented at recasting resin kits which while they do tend to require more work it's typically not much for 1/2 to 1/3 the FW price

The big abuse on the start collecting is that the unit comes back at the size it started, so if you max out the scarabs you can repeatedly suicide rush them at enemy tanks.

Praetorians are not good in combat, but they are tough and fast and make for good objective takers. Keep the basic weapon and shoot terminators to make your enemy curse.

Orks aren't doing so well these days, however walkers are just awful right now so you're actually handicapping yourself twice. Very fun list to play but if the other guy is brining his cunt trick army then you may get roflstomped.

Friend wants to get back into the game as orks. He has boyz and he plays full theme/fun.

Would it be reasonable to play a necron army composed of Scarabs? Like, tons of the fuckers. I'm talking Grey Goo scenario. He's cool enough that he doesn't mind houseruling or unbound.

Between GK and BA, which is currently the more viable assault based army?

Just playing casual pick up games.

Things in 40k that have needing fixing for 2+ editions (incomplete list:)
>Orks
>Tyranids
>vehicles (especially walkers)
>assault armies
>...

terminators

sisters

>you're actually handicapping yourself twice

You're just about doing that with regular Ork units anyway.

Also Walkers got a slight buff in melee as you can only chuck one grenade at them in Assault.

>vehicles
if you want a house rule subtract remaining hull points from the vehicle damage table.

>assault armies
this has mainly been because they've been handing out better and better guns. Since handing out better melee weapons won't fix this, I'm not sure how you correct this without changing all non-assault armies

>orks +nids
half of the problem comes with the above.

>Also Walkers got a slight buff in melee as you can only chuck one grenade at them in Assault
It was already like that. Throwing more than one grenade was a deliberate misinterpretation of the rules.

They need new models way more than they need new rules. Although they badly need new rules as well.

The fanbase?

I'm a writefag and I had an idea for a Rough Riders unit that basically rides giant Roadrunners. Awesome, or fucking stupid?

Picture related.

Fixing assault by lowering the power of guns might be as simple as changing the way ranged weapons work to older editions.

Removing True Line of Sight will help a lot. It makes more terrain able able to block vision, allowing assault armies to get across the board.

If you want to take it a step further, go all the way back to old school where units could only target the closest unit they could see.

Storm Wardens are one of the lost legions
Sigmar is their primarch
Fuck you

>this has mainly been because they've been handing out better and better guns. Since handing out better melee weapons won't fix this, I'm not sure how you correct this without changing all non-assault armies

Allowing charges the same turn as arrival on the table and buffing vehicles would be a good start.

Sounds like fun, you may have to take it up with the Inquisition. Tzentech may be associated with your guys.

Go for it.

The Primarch were made from the Emperor's own flesh. If they can fall anyone is basically fair game.

>Awesome, or fucking stupid?

"yes"

There is a abhuman species of cat people. They just don't have models.

Double checkmate heretic.

>tfw I made the top-centre image years ago and I don't even play 40k anymore
Feels weird, man.

I played against a Grey Knight player the other day who pretty much deep striked his entire army ontop of me in turn 1. If he could of assaulted the game out of been over without me being able to do a thing

Not that user but I've know plenty of people that retarded who do it by accident.

That might be going a bit too far. Losing the bonus attack on the turn you enter the battlefield and having all enemies gain counterattack against that unit might work, though.

Oooh an image I don't have in the collection.

> If he could of assaulted the game out of been over without me being able to do a thing

Fuck me I butchered that sentence

What I mean to say was if his units could assult after dropping in the game would have been over without be being able to do a thing. Unless I got extremely lucky on overwatch

This needs to happen

GK

Interesting point. One I won't follow up on, but interesting.

Neat. Sometimes ideas sound better on my head so I had to ask.

Stupidly awesome, check.

Units can charge the turn they arrive on the board, beginning on the second turn?

>Hurr durr chocobos so awzum!

But hey, don't let me stop you. Half the fun of doing anything is because you know it's retarded and you don't give a fuck.

Cool, it's a tough choice for me. I would definitely make the Start Collecting formation max warriors and I think it would be hilarious to return 20 warriors behind the enemy lines with the Lychguard and Co.

I wasn't thinking Chocobos but Ostriches originally. And then Roadrunners came to mind because they're stupid quick desert dwellers who don't hate humanity.

Do you really want to get charged by a GK terminator ball with 40+ instant death attacks before you even have a chance to shoot at them? I don't think you do.

You aren't the first user to have this idea.

I just wish I was made of money.

Force weapon activation can be denied but that is a fair point.

I think the same thing would happen, I was pretty lucky to survive with him not being able to assault

Especially with the Tau being garbo in melee

>true line of sight
while I kinda agree on this, I'm somewhat concerned about implementation.
Basically LOS blocking would need to be strictly and simply defined.

>charging the turn you arrive.
not a fan. Certain models and such yes, but as a general rule no.
Too much room for BS, and would basically make assault army=deep strike army, and that does not sound like a good change.

They do hate snakes though. Ever heard of the centrifugal slam?

If you're lucky enough to have a army with psykers, otherwise you're probably fucked

You honestly think you have any chance at denying a WC1 blessing? Against an army that's entirely psykers?

>army with psykers
you mean army with a shit ton of psykers. 2-5 mastery levels isn't going to have much chance of denying a blessing if the GK want it to go off.

That looks like an Emu. But fair point. Birds make a weird sense. They have taloned feet, weigh less than horses and eat less too. Plus taste better if you need to cook one.

To be fair, you used to able to use as many grenades as you had in previous editions.

Yeah, it's pretty awesome.

Now imagine them doing that to a Cultist or Hormagaunt.

Yeah, but it's pretty explicit in the 7e rulebook that you can only use one grenade of any type per unit per turn. The only potential for confusion is with melta bombs, which don't actually say grenade anywhere.

That and the FAQ answered a question about how many models can use grenades as CCWs by talking about shooting rules which aren't the same things.

Yeah, I really hate the psychic phase. I just sit there and they can do what they want and there's nothing I can do about it unless I take a farsight army or ally in some psykers

I know Tau are a very strong army right now and I can't really complain, but I just feel the psychic phase is poor design as it leaves me sat there doing nothing and extends the length of the match

>I just sit there and they can do what they want and there's nothing I can do about it
Welcome to how other armies feel during your shooting phase.

Meep meep. Meep meep, heretic.

So only one model of an charging unit can benefit from assault grenades?

The entire unit benefits if one model has them.

Assault grenades benefits aren't from being used as an attack so shouldn't matter afaik.

Blood Angels get +1 I on the charge if you field the CAD from their codex. Combining that with their chapter tactic, and 15 Death Company with a Librarian and beatstick Captain, or Astorath Jump Packs on all of it. 700ish point Deathstar that can be abused hard with Biomancy or Telepathy.
GK are gonna have psychic dice though. BA are pretty bad (so are DK), but they can be nasty if they get a bit of luck turn 1.

I thought having av12 was immune to small arms fire. How many anti tank guns do people take these days?

A lot. S6/S7 are common among the more elitey choices.

Assault grenades are on a model by model basis.

>Assault grenades, like the ubiquitous frag grenade, can be hurled at the enemy as your warriors charge into battle.
Sounds like they're being thrown to me. So according to the FAQ only one model can use them to attack at normal initiative when assaulting.

glancing hits subtract from a Vehicle's Hull Poitns which is on average 3 and the meta is saturated with STR 6/7

For my Sister's I have 2-3 meltas spread between the same number of BSS with combi-meltas and usually anunit of Dominions with four Meltas that I can scout and ignore cover with to turn-one kill a big threat.

Otherwise it's melta bombs and Exorcists for my tank busting.

Assault grenades activate automatically and aren't being used for an actual attack. Don't confuse fluff with rules.

Are relics on a detachment by detachment basis or is it army wide?

Example:

If my Overlord in the Reclamation Legion has a Solar Staff can my Overlord in the Royal Court have a Veil of Darkness?

What about an Overlord in the Retribution Phalanx, which is a non-decurion Formation?

Bonus Round:

How do Necron Players use Scarabs with no Spyders? People say they eat tanks but can the tarpit effectively?

Isn't there anything BA bring to the table better than GK?

you do still have some warp charges to deny, so you can actually more about it now than you used to.

Loyalty?

Dreads
Other vehicles

My dreams of a robot army are dashed :C

Depending on taste some like the BA models more too.

Also vampires and hemophilia are more BA's realm.

Go play Ad Mech then.

You need MC robots instead of vehicle ones.

You should be able to charge from table edge reserves, just not deep strike.

Explain it to me user

Is it one relic per model or one relic weapon per model but you can have other non-weapon relics?

Could I use Ork walker models and counts-as Kastelans or something? I like Orks.

This. Outflank is much less reliable and easier for the enemy to avoid

Who?

Well you can still make it work if you like the army.

I like having 21 Walkers on the table myself.

Can really throw people for a loop.

I don't see why not just make sure your opponent knows.

>tfw no catgirl gf to breastfeed me

One of GW's best selling digital editions to date in the US.

Well it said only one grenade can be thrown per phase and only the shooting section mentions throwing them, so you can easily see the confusion.

No hairballs in the bed either.

user i'd be willing to deal with hairballs in the bed if it meant i got to fuck a lactating catgirl

One of each relic per army. So your example works fine, you just can't double up. Scarabs are a pretty poor tarpit, as they get ID'd easily and are expensive per base.