EDH/Commander general

Quad-Color inbound edition

>RESOURCES

mtgcommander.net
>Official Site: Contains deck building rules and the current ban list.

tappedout.net
>Deck List Site: You can search for decks that other people have made. Authors often have comments that explain their deck’s strategy and card choices.

mtgsalvation.com/forums/the-game/commander-edh
>Another resource for commander discussion; they have an entire forum dedicated to discussing decks. People often make primers, which go into detail about how they built and play their deck.

edhrec.com/
>Statistically see what everyone else puts in their commander decks based on what is posted to the internet.

manabasecrafter.com/
>Find out what lands you can add to your deck, sorted by category, based on a chosen Commander’s color identity.

>CARD SEARCHING

gatherer.wizards.com/
>Official search site. Current for all sets.

magiccards.info
>Unofficial, but has GOAT search interface

Other urls found in this thread:

magic.wizards.com/en/content/commander-2016-edition-information
m.youtube.com/watch?v=rQqwG_rQx7A
magic.wizards.com/en/articles/archive/lab/artifacts-another-age-2015-03-30
gatherer.wizards.com/Pages/Search/Default.aspx?action=advanced&set= ["Worldwake"]&type= ["Land"]&rarity= [R]
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

so we all know the interaction of zurgo and assault suit, but does assault suit work with pic related?

It should be "hype edition"
magic.wizards.com/en/content/commander-2016-edition-information

>tfw tried to hype it last thread but it was ded

GET HYPE

Also next set is Kaladesh which will probably be pretty artifact-centric.

Given that Origins' UR draft archetype was artifacts and all of it was Kaladesh-focused, it's pretty safe to hype a UR artifact legendary finally.

m.youtube.com/watch?v=rQqwG_rQx7A

is it worth it to make a nephilm deck to hold me over until the commanders are spoiled?

I would rather have more variety in 3 color legends. These 4 color guys will probably be op. I'm looking forward for better multicolored mana rocks.

>Kaladesh is an ethnically diverse [1] plane where natural mages are rare. Work that would be done with magic on other planes is instead accomplished through devices. [2] The automatons, thopters and other artifact creatures of the plane are fueled by æther, which is heavily trafficked. Artifacts are built as much for beauty as for function. Fire magic is strictly banned, and pyromancy punishable with a death sentence. [3]
>Kaladesh is ruled by Consuls. Their forces and works are nearly omnipresent.
You mean surely artifact-centric

4C commanders is a nice move but I'm not so sure if they will be very useful or playable cards

What are the odds we get the long awaited errata to the Nephilim to make them legends at last?

I fucking hope we get a UR Artificer legend, gonna be real disappointed if we don't

yes
magic.wizards.com/en/articles/archive/lab/artifacts-another-age-2015-03-30

>ethnically diverse

They want the SJW audience?

Close to zero. The fact they're releasing the decks instead of doing that tells as much.

>Fire magic is strictly banned, and pyromancy punishable with a death sentence

Isn't this Chandra's home plane?

>ethnically diverse plane

I thought this was the Indian Mythology plane.

Didn't you read her origin?

They did try to kill her at least once

"Diverse" meaning everyone but chandra and the villains is the exact same shade of brown.

We always get a legend of those colors reprinted in commander decks.

And we have no legends in those colors so far.

Why bring it up then?

Why not let the images speak for themselves?

Why do you think they ended up banning it?

So why not reprint them and oracle them as legendaries? It's the best time for them to do it.

To trigger people like you?

>Planechase anthology
That is what I am really excited for

C'mon, this user is right. I see no sense in pointing this "ethnically diverse" to. Wouldn't it be better to show this aspect by lore and plot?

Because they're not legendary. If they want to give 4-color Commander decks more options, they can just print more legends in those colors.

Functional errata hasn't been a thing for quite a while. People don't want to check the internet to confirm what the card does when it's right in front of them.

Think of all the Maelstrom Wanderers people will have!
It's looking like a good year for MtG overall. EMA, Conspiracy 2 Electric Boogaloo, ELM will probably be as good as SOI. The only thing I'm worried about is the new precons being awful messes.

> Kaladesh chick is a planeswalker

Looks like we won't be getting that UR artificer legend.

We might get it in the second set. You know, like with Arlynn and the legendary werewolf.

Perhaps racial tension is theme of the story
Maybe they wanted to signify that it wouldn't be an indian-only plane
Maybe they wanted to be as descriptive as possible without revealing key plot details.
Maybe it's a coincidence
Maybe a children's cardgame is trying to appeal to left wing social activists. Oh yeah, that's the most likely one.

That's from the MTG Salvation Wiki. We don't know a whole lot about Kaladesh, so the ethnic diversity is one of the few things to comment on; it's also relevant because just calling it "The Indian plane" doesn't paint a totally accurate picture.

>guy in our playgroup makes loadsa money on the oil rigs
>spends lots on making a competitive Arcum Dagsson deck (promo mana crypt ect)
>still doesn't know his combos well enough to go off with confidence.
>does things like play pithing needle choosing elesh norn ect

It's so boring to play against because he's just a bad player with that deck, he never goldfishes it or even worked out his tutor order ect before building it and just kind of wings it.

So we get stuck in 1 hour games with shit like ensnaring bridge ect in play that bring the game to a grinding halt while he's still fucking around doing nothing in the corner.

I got pissy with me once for hitting him for 14 when he had power artifact on a basalt monolith but nothing threatening to cast right then.

Looking to make a graveyard/reanimate deck with multiple avenues of playing/winning. Sedris looks fun, but am I missing out on anything else? One of my buddies has him so it's annoying for me to build.

Urza as WUBR confirmed!

I used to run pic related. But my friends hated him for being annoying, nigh immortal and very oppressive.

Mikaeus worked wonders in that deck. Exiling 6 creatures with angel of Serenity, squeezing value from Kamigawa Spirit Dragons, exiling 4 permanents with Ashen Rider.
Also highly recommend Reassemblig Skeleton, Trading Post, Knight-Captain of Eos and Vizkopa Guildmage (even without Exquisite Blood she is worth a spot).
And don't forget to include the best reanimator spell of all time - Corpse Dance.

I doubt they'd ever print a walker as a creature again, so unless they did walker commanders like in '14, I doubt it.
I would fucking love it though, and I do hope yore tiller colors gets a legend that cares about artifacts.

My best friend runs literally that deck. Good god, do I hate him for it.

>Perhaps racial tension is theme of the story
The witcher was all about racial tension and I didn't see a word about it on book cover
>Maybe they wanted to signify that it wouldn't be an indian-only plane
We know it already - look at Chandra
>Maybe a children's cardgame is trying to appeal to left wing social activists. Oh yeah, that's the most likely one.
I want to believe it isn't plz

> fucking four-color gimmicky nonsense
> not ally-color pairs
God fucking damn it, all I want is a solid support base for my G/W deck

>Ashen Rider
Man do I love this card. I once T2 flashed it in with Flash only to exile my opponent's two lands. Next turn I reanimated it and exiled his third.

Oh shut the fuck up. Ally pairs have been getting love forever.

>86 oversized Planar cards
>hit up .info
>Planechase 2012 has 40 if we include the Phenomenons
>Planechase has 45
>we're getting the promo plane

>hurr hurr I want a deck that is a 5 colour deck minus one, it'll feel soooo different
Sit down and go back to sucking off an Ink Treader

I know! I wondered if they really meant all too, and am so happy!

yeah they conformed all promo planes are included

A full set goes for like $200 so $150 for these plus the 2012 60 card decks seems real good.

I said nothing of the sort. My favorites are mono-colors, but I enjoy variety, not more of the same old shit.

Except you are getting the same old shit. 4 color decks are just 5 color decks minus one to the point of being inconsequential.

>I want to believe it isn't plz
If you'll actually do a little research instead of just waiting for people to tell you what you want to believe, you'll find most doomsaying has no substance.
In this case, Doug was sidestepping the usual quota business.

It is still a design space never officially explored.

There have been multiple sets and mechanics that care about 5 color decks, but never one dedicated to 4 color

>muh ally pairing needs even more support

Kindly fuck off, ally pairs get so much support compared to enemy it's not even funny.

>minus one color is inconsequential

ive certainly never seen a 5-color deck for which thats true

>support base for G/W

i have multiple G/W decks its my fave color combo and i have no idea what youre talking about, what exactly are we missing?

there's no way they print a stronger commander than karametra, sisay, rhys, saffi, or selvala

It's true, but even then the enemy pairing decks in EDH weren't to much help for the colours that actually needed it most.

What drugs were they smoking that they actually thought Kalemne was a good idea?

God fucking damn it. Fuck this shit.

There is literally no reason for 4 color commanders other than goodstuff decks adding yet another color.

Depends on how cool the commanders are. 5 color is even more good stuffy than 3, so 4 should let you be more creative given your restriction.

It has been demanded by players for years

endless debates about the Nephalim

but user kalemne is different

instead of supporting a weenie strategy she supports a fatty strategy

oh wait no, never mind, she INCENTIVIZES playing fatties, but does exactly nothing to support the strategy of playing fatties, which needs help to begin with because red white is not great colors for that strategy

If having some brown folk around will keep the screaming social justice folk from our door, then I truly, truly do not give a single fuck.

After white-bread Innistrad, why would I? It's not like they aren't being pretty evenhanded.

There is nothing creative by adding white to a BUG deck.

It doesn't mean much, but come November, I'm done with EDH. Since that's my only reason for playing magic, I guess I'm done with that, too. It's been a mostly fun ride.

>tfw Experiment Kraj caught my eye
>then Meren
>then Jhoira
>tfw Brion Stoutarm is starting to look mighty cool...

You know nothing of pain.

Do you have any idea how much it fucking costs to optimize these landbases? I'm STILL miles behind allied landbases.

Our manlands are shit
we only have 1 set of life lands
no tangolands
no odyssey lands
now, no show lands
our fetches costs $50-100

ENEMY RAGE

>It doesn't mean much, but come November, I'm done with EDH. Since that's my only reason for playing magic, I guess I'm done with that, too. It's been a mostly fun ride.
See you in December then

>white bread innistrad

Innistrad is a mixed bag of skin colours m8.

I just dread to think of the smell on Kaladesh, a whole plane of poo in loos, no wonder Chandra doesn't go back.

>There is nothing creative by adding white to a BUG deck.
Agreed.
>It doesn't mean much, but come November, I'm done with EDH. Since that's my only reason for playing magic, I guess I'm done with that, too. It's been a mostly fun ride.
But why though? I'm disappointed my colours aren't getting support too, but that doesn't mean I'm gonna quit because some people are going to make shitty 5-1 color decks now.

The enemy manlands are pretty good. Celestial colonnade was just a dumb mistake

>focusing on the wrong part of Kalemne
>not the fact that its a 3/3 Double Strike for 4 with vigilance in the command zone

Nah

Because I hate the thought of a 4 color commander deck after playing other formats with 4c goodstuff. It offers zero creativity to decks, enforces and empowers boring goodstuff, and is frankly not needed at all. If people wanted to allow that shit in their groups with the Nephalim, it was contained in their group. Now? Now everywhere I go is going to littered with the same 4 color degeneracy because it's the new precon.

>3/4 reach for 3 for the shitty GW manland nobody plays
>the enemy colored manlands can't even get P/T=CMC

I like hissing quagmire because death touch is good and the P/T of a deathtouch creature isn't wildly important, but apart from that...

fuck, this goes

>tfw your commander has a "wrong part to focus on"

damn thats some deep cringe

Colonade is the one that becomes a flying vigilence guy. Not the one with reach.

gatherer.wizards.com/Pages/Search/Default.aspx?action=advanced&set= ["Worldwake"]&type= ["Land"]&rarity= [R]

None of these have P/T of same cmc

the lifegain manland sees reasonable play.

For the record, stirring wildwood is pretty rad actually. It's not creeping tarpit or celestial colonnade, but it's really quite fine.

Then why don't I just play Aurelia who's a little more expensive and just won't ever stop attacking? And why is the alternate commander completely worthless AND a nobody? They could have easily made Anya a Boros angel we actually know and give them some support, because jesus christ someone last thread was actually desperate enough to be tricked into building Kos

we already have two double strike commanders and they are both better than kalemne

not to mention that double strike + vigilance isnt that strong when you think about it, you dont want your creature with two key words to be blocked by every creature in the game

>Quad-Color inbound edition
HOREY SHIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIITE

>Really liking my BG deck, thinking of converting it into an EDH by buying Meren 2015
>Quad Colour
Wallet-death incoming.

It's Indian-themed, not Indian. Indian-themed could mean could stuff like A-bomb-tipped arrows.

If Kalemne is your commander and you cast Aurelia, someone is most likely dead. Kalemne, into sword/5cmc anthem creature, into Aurelia is lethal commander.

If you have Aurelia as your commander and you cast Kalemne, you aren't likely killing anyone.

What? Vigilance leaves the creature untapped to block. It has nothing to do with other creatures blocking it. That is what swords are for.

Look at Chandra's mom, she's clearly a poo in loo.

Chandra is a poo in loo name too.

Time to start maindecking ruination then.

Dropping that with Kazuul against GBUW neo-nephilim will be better than sex

And shit, I say that as someone with a GBRW warrior tribal deck. Giving legitimate commander options just legitimises the 4c goodstuff. Without them, you need to justify your 4c deck with a theme and janky or outright shitty mechanics (looking at you bolster)

>tfw your Ad Nauseam comes in the mail
The anuses are ripe next weekend.

Post 'em
Rate 'em

motherfucker even the fucking ANGELS are black on Innistrad 2.

white bread my ass, half the human cards are black people.

Nothing new here. To keep things fresh, what do people wanna see for the 4-color Commanders?

>4 color shit decks
>each deck will have 2 new 4c commanders
>at least 2 4c non commander spell
>at least 20/55 new cards wasted on cards only unstable in one deck
>probably more with a 4c land

the point is that neither vigilance nor double strike help you against chump blockers, and they also dont help vs removal

its safer to give an evasive and/or hexproof creature double strike or vigilance than it is to give kalemne evasion or hexproof

>To keep things fresh, what do people wanna see for the 4-color Commanders?
WUBR Artifact commander
WBRG Land synergy commander
UBRG Spellslinger commander
WUBG Reanimation commander
WURG Voltron commander

I'm boring

what you just said is irrelevent in commander, big stompy red white decks get utterly carved to peices by Blue/Green/____.

in response I just make a clone with my Riku deck of your Aurelia, bounce everything you own, and then ask if you want to do something else for me to stop

same with Roon and Derretti.

we have a diehard Red/White commander player and he always burns through all his cards playing fatties that some player kills with a single card and then sits there awaiting death.

I know it won't happen because Wizards cares more about the collectors/investors than anyone else, but I would love to see fetchlands printed in these.

Also won't happen cause enemy fetches are in Eternal Masters.

you can use them in 5 color decks too if they are good

even when the overall power level of the decks and commanders are inconsistent, as in commander 2015, all the commander products have released very very powerful cards for the 99, like mizzix's mastery in 2015, flusterstorm and toxic deluge in 2011, etc, so some of these 4 color spells may be new staples in 5 color decks and 4 color decks

also hopefully this product spawns more than 5 decks, if each color combo has more than one new commander, perhaps more than one commander per color will be viable, like for meren and mazirek, and maybe they'll be completely different despite having the same color combo, such as oloro vs sharuum/sydri

>durr muh bland bug/bant decks are better than the 2 weakest colours in magic

No shit sherlock.

>Without them, you need to justify your 4c deck with a theme and janky or outright shitty mechanics
Yore-Tiler reanimator and Glint-Eye graveyard mechanics are already themes pretty good for two of the 4c combinations.

Temurskai spellslinging but different from what UR has so far. Grixismur could follow on the tracks of Glint-Eye and do combat damage/hand manipulation shenanigans.

I called it! I FUCKING CALLED IT! THANKS /x/ I GOT CLAIRVOYANCE!

They're all going to be cancer

>KALADESH WILL BE A SUPERPOWER BY SEPTEMBER 30, 2016!