pastebin.com/3qzKt8gd

It is like horror
FPS edition

This art is weird, I like it but...

>old thread

first for kroakcare

damn lizards are takin our jerbs

>Fantasy fans hear about the addition of points.jpg

I'd like to see you walk up to a Kroxigor and tell him that you are much better at his job and that you deserve it more than it.

This week pre-order, £35/€45, like 50% off.

Hope they do more of these.

I think they will. The Retaliation Cadre and Start Collecting! boxes were just the beginning

50% off for preorder or?

That's why I'm here, baby.

Your chilling in the Azyr slums when this guy rides in on a carpet of rats and whips your GF's ass.

What do you do?

Go and get a Stormcast m8.

All I want from that is the Slaughterpriest but it's tempting to get this set and sell off the other 3.

Serabros tell me about your lizards

What units have been underperforming or doing better than you first thought?
Have you ever played without a Slann?
Do you use Salamanders or Razordons? Ripperdactyls or Terradons?

The kit costs €45, the contents purchased individually run up a tab of €90.50.
Also, that Chaos Sorcerer is out of print, which is another big draw for people.

Well, the key part of the game is positioning and maneuvering units so that each unit gets a buff and able to do what they need to do. Keywords are very important, and usually, each unit gives your hero a spell or something. For example, undead units let you summon more undead and Necromancers help give your units stronger attacks.

Stormcast are sorta vanilla, as in they rely on hard to move but pillow fisted liberators to tie up the enemy, backed up by heavy units to smash the enemies vital units and secure objectives. Usually, your going to be vastly out numbered, and if your line breaks, your going to have a hard time recovering.

Outside of the game, Stormcasts are actually quite varied. By necessity, they all share a strong faith in Sigmar and a deep hatred of Chaos. But aside from that, practically anything is possible. Their ranks include, all if which are canon: Undead, Women, Former-chaos lords and barbarians. They are Sigmars elite conquerors, designed to beat any sort of enemy and wield fractions of Sigmars raw power. Thus, they are usually training or studying or fighting when ever they possibly can: Remember, they are pushing against 9 realms filled with chaos, leaving not much time to relax. And although They do remember their past lives and have their old personalities, being forged into a stormcast might damage their memories, and subsequent "reforgings" can hurt them mentally

Sorry, in response to this:

>Undead

I don't think so. The Stormcast are made from living humans.

Another Knight-Venator is always welcome, though I really need to convert this one to have wholly different pose. Nothing is worse than monopose heroes.
The Chaos Sorcerer will go nicely with my miniscule Tzeentchian collection, alongside the stuff from Silver Tower.
I still got the Bloodbound from the base game knocking about, so the Slaughterpriest will go into that box until I decide to actually work on those. Not a fan of the head, but I should be able to find some helmet for the guy.
The Auric Runemaster will make for a nice gift to a friend that's currently considering the fyreslayers to expand his old dorfs.
I still cannot believe that price. Even if it was 45 pound it'd be a deal, but in euro that's just amazing.

Lizardmen/Seraphon are a surprisingly well balanced army. You can play however you want, and if something is under preforming, there are things that can help. Knights getting wrecked? Maybe lead the charge with a Scar Veteran on a Cold one? Warriors getting wiped out? You have a 20+ and 30+ model bonus, along with old blood, sunblood, scar veteran etc. Want your Bastilidon to have some protection? Kroxigors. Want something to dissapear? Kroxigors. I could go on but you get the idea. There is something for most situations you may find yourself in, without giving you too much power, and leaving you to still have to think and earn a victory.

>I should be able to find some helmet for the guy.

Bloodletter face as mask is always good.

Suprisingly well considering. Usually I find one or two units suck in any army I build, but even taking warriors at a tenman unit if I send them into the right target they tend to do more than I expect them to. Temple guard are my favorites though, pure standout unit. Tough, fighty and only get better when supported.

I dont use any of the skink units besides the casters. So no rippers or salamanders, though I hear theyre pretty sick ingame but I focus on saurus in my army, I dont even have slann yet. I'm the serabro who goes for the saurus with old one tech.
Basically the army has no summoning, very few spells but is full of meaty saurus units and saurus characters and it plays the way I always wanted to play lizards. I only lose out to people who do take advantage of things like summoning and the stuff I ignore because I think its imbalanced.

Salamanders are not skink units, they are a standalone beast

They are also really fucking good

I am like you, I would only summon if its been pre approved, and even then I usually only have reserves, such as skinks to reaffirm a position that something else may not have been able to hold for as long as i wanted it.
Im thinking of getting a salamander or kroxigor next, thoguh i need to play test some stuff i just got done assembling and need to see what direction to take my army.

I still associate them with skinks, hence I havent looked at using them, they dont really fit my theme. I know theyre really good.

I honestly dont think summoning should be a thing in any game. I think the exception should be for zombies and skeletons. I think deep strike should be more of a thing.

How much sigmarite is out there? Is it always low, barely enough to get by, or is more constantly being found, meaning the more the conquer, the more the storm cast forces grow?

I think their recruitment rate is limited by suitable warriors rather than sigmarite.

It's whatever's left of Mallus, the remains of the old world. It's a moon/asteroid-sized lump orbiting Azyr. It shrinks. Basically the big flaming ball. High Sigmaron is the structure built around it, containing Siggy's palace.

Summoning demons makes sense

Seraphon are demons now. Order demons, to be precise

Is there sigmarite at other places or just there?

So have Skaven basically become the Imperium of AoS?
>Live short lives under brutal rulers
>Live in hive cities
>Basic footsoldier is just some low-life cajoled into fighting for their God emperor
>fuckloads of War Machines

well, when sigmar was born, didnt a comet made of soon to be named sigmarite shoot across the sky? makes me think there is materials like it floating around.

Just started with age of sigmar.
Why is death not so verry fun to play against?

OH SHI
We have a new era upon us
The Age Of Skavens
Who are fighting all sides against jealous chaos gods followrs, and the Tyrant sigmar

Just there. Sigmarite is mined from Mallus which was the core of the WHFB world.

This is why you see folks in the fluff speaking about the Stormcast as being "armoured in the flesh of a dead world" or something to that effect.

>well, when sigmar was born, didnt a comet made of soon to be named sigmarite shoot across the sky?

No.

I was under the impression that the sole source of Sigmarite was the ruins of the Old World.

Only there. It waxes and wanes with stormcast victories/defeats.

You mean it changes to reflect the mood of Sigmar.

Man. Why are people so salty about the new setting?

That whole thing about a relatively nice place worth protecting from the entire back catalogue of Norse mythology is way more interesting than Early Modern Europe with magic.

Does that mean that it is continually made, or that the sun itself burns brighter when they win?

Free high strength models does not make sense in game terms to me, raising crappy zombies is fine, but summoning a bastillodon is not.

Plus, it doesnt fit my theme. Prefer the deep strike houserules. Same thing for demons.

Also their immortal semi-ruler, skreech verminking is a magic user that was made from fusing together multiple powerful skaven from millenia ago.

Bastiladon is cast value 8 that's not exactly "free"

Seraphon stats are lackluster across the board and they are balanced around being able to summon more units

And Thanqoul is his old trusted servant/Advisor.

Death more often than not means summons, and summons mean attrition slugfests unless you manage to obliterate the summoner(s) speedily.

What I got out of it was that when the SE was defeated in Elixia, the bell rang and Mallus got a lot smaller. When they won in Aqshy, it grew bigger again, as in my last pic. There was a part with Sigmar being sad when it diminished, but I can't find it atm. Either in Ghal Mazaz or War Storm.

It's from one of the early WD that featured AoS.

High Lords of Terra - Masterclan
Guard - Clan Verminus
Adeptus Mechanicus - Clan Skryre
Adeptus Astates - Clan Pestilens
Officio Assasinarum - Clan Eshin

No idea what Moulder would be though.

Was more fun to play against some other guy who didnt summon 10^69 skeletons, and had guys that saved all hits on a 2+ for some reason coz spells.

Theyre really not lackluster at all. Not sure how you can say somethings balanced around something when balancing requires them to have a value such as points or pool. Is that just an arbitrary thing you say or is the logic that 'this can be done therefore theyre balanced around it happening'.

8 on 2d6 isnt exactly clutch rolling, its slightly higher than average.

Found it.

Their creations are the astartes
Pestilens is the ecclesiarchy

>Seraphon stats are lackluster across the board and they are balanced around being able to summon more units

How would you ever come to that conclusion? Even Saurus Guard are decent compared to 'trash' infantry other factions have that are not able to summon.

I swear Sera-faggots are just the fucking worst.

Summoning a Bastiladon is also competing with a Mystic Shield, Arcane Bolt, and the unique Slann spells.

Think about how many wounds would a summoned unit soak up? How much damage would they do? How many rounds would it take them to deal that damage?
How many wounds would a Mystic Shield prevent? How important is it to prevent those wounds in the next round? How much damage could you do with Arcane Bolt, Celestial Deliverence, or Comet's Call? How important is it to deal that damage immediately?

It is a tactical decision to try summoning and it comes with an opportunity cost of not being able to cast other spells, as well as a chance of failure and unbinding. Summoning is a great spell (as it should be, Slann are insanely powerful wizards) but not something you cast every single turn. It is definitely not "free" by any means.

This is what I mean that it is "balanced". It may seem incredible that you can just put another Carnosaur on the table but the method of doing so is kept in check.

>Still no tzaangor warscrolls
It's Monday, dammit, where are my leaks.

Moulder would be Magos Biologis.

Most seraphon hit on 4+, have low rend, and deal low damage. Even the big monsters are this way.
Other factions have way better stat blocks and more ways to deal mortal wounds.

Saurus Guard are really an exception. I expect them to have a crazy high point value when Matched Play comes out because they are insanely good.

Overall Seraphon are fine. They have obvious strengths that look really great at first glance but when you actually play with them they are really well balanced by their weaknesses.

There was another short blurb in one of the books. I'll see if I find it later.

Should I do pink horrors on 32mm considering the get started boxes has Bloodletters and Plaguebearers on 32mm? Does anyone have any idea what size they are on in Silver Tower?

They shall be my strongest underlings...
these ratmen who pledge-offer to me
Like Skalm-wax I shall craft-mould them,
and in the warpfires of war build-forge them.
They will be wrought-made of best-best iron, finest grown muscle.
In great-mighty armour shall I clad them
and with mightiest guns will they be armed.
They will be untouched by even foulest plague or pox, no sickness will harm-hurt them.
They will have tactics, supported by finest Skryre warptech and weapon-teams
so that no prey-foe can best them in battle.
They are my clan-shield against the Light-things
They are the Defenders of Skavendom.
They are my Stormfiends...

And they shall know no musk of fear.

And then they see pic related and piss themselves.

90% sure the new ones are on 32s, essentially anything on old 25mm squares is on 32mm rounds now.

Please, show me other 'low tier' infantry that has better stats than the Saurus Warriors. Then show me better elite infantry than Guard, better ranged options than Chameleon Skins, better Wizards than Slann and better fast shock fliers than Ripper Dactyles. Oh and your examples should also be summonable.

And that wouldn't even account for the stupidly good Battalions they get.

>In a universe of magic-augmented super warriors and giant chaos daemons
>Just normal ratfolk who go into battle with a bit of chain mail and a spear they found in the trash

It's like poetry.

So Stormcasts are made of both the remains of a dead world and the hope of a Thunder God? That's the most power metal thing I've ever heard.

This see ThisAfter playing against a Serabro (not THE Illustrious Serabro mind you) and considering it was my first time playing AoS ever, I can definitely say that Seraphon are OP. Even with just a old blood on a Carnosaur as the hero the buffs the Guard and the Warriors get for being near it make Skellingtons wither in madness.

Does Skaven's fear of the Seraphon translate to gameplay?

>2016
>being this booty blasted by summoning

Git gud, Seraphon are good but they are balanced

AoS general, do you use battalions regularly in your games? If you do, which ones, and how do you balance the power of them in your games?

Also, I personally need some new scenarios to try out, anyone have suggestions of ones they really like?

>After playing against a Serabro... I can definitely say that Seraphon are OP
>and considering it was my first time playing AoS ever

git gud scrub

That Fyreslayer one where they do a dungeon crawl.

Pfft...Doesn't exist, Man-thing...

We play with a pool system so running Battalions just costs more points or whatever

I use the Shadowstrike Starhost and really like it. It's great for assassinating generals and key targets.

Eternal Starhost is great when you are playing a "hold or die" type of scenario.

I am painting up Kroxigor to finish a Thunderquake Starhost to match with the Eternal Starhost and make an incredibly good defensive army.

That's actually really cool. I should try to read some more lore.

Age of Sigmar is Power Metal: The setting

WHFB is Black Metal: The setting

40k is British Metal: The setting

The Skaven Inquisition covers up the existence of so called "daemonic scaly-things".

Possibly new player here, what are you guys using to balance you games ? Genuinely curious.

Skaven have low bravery, and Seraphon has a shit load of things to lower enemy bravery/add 1 to their dice roll, if you just inflict one casualty, you have a good chance of making a few run away.

Incidentally, this is something about the Seraphon people tend to forget when they complain about their unit strength compared to other armies.

I generally use either Clash/Pool comp or SCGT, or sometimes if I know the other player we do it by eye. SCGT people are the ones making points so if you are going to use any comp system use that as it will be pretty similiar to that on launch.

Reason, and a sense of logic, and talking to the other player before putting the first figure.

There's a few different systems available at www.scrollbuilder.com

Personally I'm not a fan of SCGT because of how it limits certain mechanics like infinite attack rolls and summoning

We need to go deeper. What does the Daemon Inquisition cover up?

That genetic memory is a bitch.

They cover up the existence of Seraphon because Seraphon are literally order daemons

Okay, thanks for the information !
That's what I thought, but reason and logic are scarce among my friends.

To those that have been reading the novels or listening to the audio dramas, have there been any definitive appearances by "non-standard" Stormcasts, like undead, females, orcs, etc.?

Nope

Stormcasts have been described as a whole as "the men and women of etc etc" but no individual female Stormcasts have appeared.

And all this time, I thought that space station thingy was all of azyrheim. Just realized that was a rhyme. So was that. Aaagh

There are female stormcast but they look like the rest because they are all formed in the image of sigmar

Stormcast are exclusively human

The Stormcast are ONLY drawn from humans. So no Undead or non-humans.

So far, there hasn't been any appearances of female Stormcast.

The Royal Victrians are formed from the entire royal line of Victria, both male and female, uplifted by Sigmar simultaneously.

Undead is kinda up in the air with the Lord-Relictors, but there are no non-human stormcast.
Females are very much implied with the Roayal Vicarians stormhost, which is entirely drawn from one vast family of nobles. But there haven't been any females explicitly shown.

>Undead is kinda up in the air with the Lord-Relictors

Dear lord. Why do people want to force Undead?

The Relictors are made from HUMAN priests, mages, and shamans. Says so in the battletome.

Not that user, but I got a pretty strong undead or at least death-esque vibe from Godbeasts.

They are trained to guide the souls of the Stormcast back to Azyr which puts them in conflict with Shyish and Nagash. That's it.

They want to add edge to a faction that is designed to be anti-edge

So, one thing I've been wondering about with the Nine Realms. They're all basically entire universes unto themselves, right? Like, the Realm of Life has countless worlds in it that are all pretty and full of nature? Are they all just one massive plane that go on for leagues? When I read some of the early fluff it seemed to be kept vague; I haven't had a chance to read the lore much since launch outside of the Order Battletome.

Yep.

>British metal

Sounds very polite.

I guess the issue is that there are a lot of spells and abilities that give a unit of battleshock immunity for a turn which can mean you're fucked if you blow your load a turn too early.

Incidentally, I'm planning on putting some Slaves to Darkness in my Skaven's army. Fluffwise, are there any incidents of non-Skaven chaos followers turning their backs on other gods to worship the Great Horned Rat?