youtube.com/watch?v=OyxzC5kqbyw

>How to Moldlines
youtube.com/watch?v=A4LZ8iCSkeU

>Fuckin Magnets how do they work?
youtube.com/watch?v=w8Tkw7ttTIo
miniwargaming.com/magnet-guide
bolterandchainsword.com/topic/297605-tutorial-magnetisation/

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=X8R9ZDBVl1g&list=PLy55WVLwDMPlyr7qFDehv8aCI9wnuDvZd&index=64
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

I know its not WIP, but i spend most of my time with you lovable jerks, so i wanted to share that this fa/tg/uy is getting married! She proposed last night

Congrats, now, post pics of her tits, or we don't care.

>she proposed

Fucking really?

Yeah. Long story, ive been ready, she wanted to do it. No feminazi shit

Veeky Forums for ya. fucking beta shits

got any of your painted models to go along with this post?

This is Veeky Forums we've got time for long stories . We paint plastic soldiers for christ sake

Just finished my Primarch Conversion made from Green Stuff

>HOW I MADE IT youtube.com/watch?v=X8R9ZDBVl1g&list=PLy55WVLwDMPlyr7qFDehv8aCI9wnuDvZd&index=64

Then why didn't you do it?

You realize that now you'll have to tell everyone that asks for the rest of your life that she proposed to you. A lot of those people will think you're a bitch.

(Congrats btw.)

You calling Danny Dyer a bitch? i'll do yer nat in

Are there any guides on converting a on-foot character to a mounted one(Assuming I have the mount as a seperate model)?

I saw this on normiebook, hi Robert :^)

Great conversion by the way.

Step 1: Find some legs that fit onto your mount of choice.
Step 2: Cut character in half at the waist.

Hey Wip begginer here, i have some questions for you. I wanted to some modelling practice and got myself some cheap still packed kits from ebay, including a older? XV8 kit.

Now while doing moldlines i stumbled on these stupid holes seen on the right. Is there anyway i can get rid of these?

Also second question regarding to the left pic, is there some way to join the parts where the plastic parts meet? Fill the gaps so to say. I dont think its supposed to stay like this

The only thing i really did before were some pushfit SM, so actually building a model is totally newland for me

Putty for both questions
Get some kneadetite or just normal countour putty, slap it in there, and then file or cut it down until only what you need is there.

I'm not sure I like how Xbawks Hueg the scythe is. Other than that, I really like this. It's a far cry away from the official T-Rex arms Mortarion. Kudos.

Congrats to you and your wife's son.

Alright, I need some advice. Stuck a plastic model to a plastic bases using superglue and accelerator spray. I need to remove the model to rebase it, but the fucking thing is stuck tight. I've tried sawing with a knife blade and using nail varnish remover, but it's no good, I can't get it off. Is there a way to do it without having to saw the base to pieces?

pop it in the freezer. the cold will make the glue brittle.

>she proposed
congratulations I guess, but I'd be skeptical

Pop the model in the freezer for 24 hours, then the model will come off the base with ease. However if the rest of the model is super glue'd it WILL need re-glueing.

NICE ONE!!

Suck her fingers and toes ;)

Grats user! A bit weird, but hey, to each their own.

all done! thnx for the suppert /tg. next up is painting a wargor and finish converting my chariot

Lovely. Good job on handling all this white.

I'm sure you'll be the pretties bride.

Was going to ask about the rest of the model. It's the new verminlord, there's about 500 different pieces and getting the horns to stick is not an experience I'd like to repeat. Well, shit.

Is freezing the only solution? What if I pack just the base with ice?

> the sheer upset caused to people on a wip thread by a guys future wife proposing to him

Says the lonely sloth

Looks sloppy and thickly painted.

Put a bit of glue where the parts meet, squeeze 'em together, let dry, then shave off the excess.

I don't know about the others, but I'm not upset. Just...surprised I guess.

A bit of traditions never killed anyone. Like, I'm not really a believer anymore, yet I know I'll mary at both the Church and the Townhall.

>It's still the green stuff boobies guy

Stop.

Hmmm.....
Is this guy the same guy that some chick was trying to get his ring size while he slept over in the /gfd/ & /rr/ thread over in /d/?

It might be....
We need you to go check her browser history.

Says church, but doesn't even post any WIP with a church.

Well, here comes another shitty WIP thread.

Might work. As long as the glue gets cold, it doesn't really matter how you go about doing it.

Anyhow, this being a /wip/ thread, have my almost complete warp spooder. Eyes and helmet need work, though not sure how to go about it.

And my Autarch. Really happy with how the wings came out.

T H I C K

He's slowly getting his 'parts' together.

Which parts? Cause I know the helmet is. Fucking hate painting white.

I'm going to attempt painting my minis for the first time tonight. I've been gaming for well over 10 years... i have 0 artistic talent.

Wish me luck while I ruin my games

Naw man. You'll do fine. What be you painting?

in a few years, all you'll have left are the memories of her, and that ugly fucking ring. enjoy what time you have before it crashes

I dig the white fur. How did you do it?

Is there any way to harden/reinforce finecast? I'd prefer that my Incubi had swords instead of noodles.

>I've been gaming for well over 10 years

Did you commision your dudes? or did you actually field grey tides for 10 years?

Anyways good luck and im excited to see the results

Honestly, it looks like he's wearing half a halloween flayed muscle suit.

I realy like them, great job user!

Nowt wrong with the woman proposing. It's the 21st century, if a woman wants your dick for life she's entitled to ask for it.

My wife isn't changing her surname to mine, she says she likes her own name. Don't blame her, my last name is shit. Does it make a difference? No, it doesn't.

It's decent tabletop quality I guess. Your highlights are super thick and sloppy though. And everything could probably use a wash or two.

Congrats man.

>my last name is shit.
I hope not.
>Good morning, Mister Shit!
>How are the little Shits doing?
>Seems like this is becoming a regular Shit family tradition.
>We're spending the weekend at the Shit's family holiday retreat.
>The family on my mother's side are the Parkers, and on my father's side Shit.
>Shit! Yes?

etc.pp.

Cool. What wash would you use for this? I've run over it with Drakenhovf a couple of times, but the issue is the whole model is ridiculously dark.

Now that I look at the picture I posted, it really doesn't show the model as it is. Goddamn it. Forgot to turn the flash off.

>all those jokes
Good shit

Any of you guys in the US are going to get Captain Centos?
Being in the UK, I guess I'll have to watch eBay for him.

First time doing sackcloth or anything like that and I'm pretty pleased with how it turned out. That being said I'd like to pick out the stitching with a darker colour maybe. make it look a bit more visually busy. How do I go about this without fucking up what I've done already?

I was thinking a medium'd up wash of Agrax Earthshade over the stitch parts or just going over and picking out the darker browns with mournfang brown before highlighting those very slightly with a skrag brown. Which way would be best to you think? Got any better ideas?

Unfortunately, yes. You need the water droplets in the glue to freeze and expand to damage the seal.

Every part desu.

>Any of you guys in the US are going to get Captain Centos?
What's this all about then? Never heard of that before.

looks pretty good so far. I'd recommend getting some strokes that looks similar to the sack "fiber" with a lighter ochre on a few places.

CAUSE I'M A GAMBLING BOOGEYMAN ALTHOUGH I DON'T PLAY FAIR

GW celebrates its 100th shop in the America hence Centos, and got that occasion has some events in shops and an exclusive model, a re-edition of a classic old one.
The Warhammer app is useful sometimes.

Without seeing the rest of your crew it's hard to say but I'd do the stitches in say red and purple to give some variance. Kind of pale so it looks like sinue perhaps.

The cloth looks nice though. Pitty the new stitched models are so plain.

Still wip, need to redo the gems on the head, and touch up the black parts on the legs.

prepare for 40$ retail and hella op rules to come with it

Shit. Didn't think it was that bad. Hm. Can't really water the paints down much more, as I'm already going 2 to 1 water to paint. Suggestions?

Jesus what the fuck is up with his leg? One shin is twice the length of the other.

Do you give the parts enough time to dry before aplying a second coat? how many coats are you doing anything when you say that you do 1:2

You can water way more than that.
I go about 6 to 1 water to paint.

I think that might be some forced perspective given the angle.

Base coats are usually a single pass, shade, followed by another coat of the base, followed by one layer of highlighting.

How do you pull that off? Usually by 4:1 I've got tinted water as opposed to paint.

I might. That pewter captain was one of my first miniatures.

Some mutants for This is Not a Test, out of old models and spare bits.

without offending anyone what game is this?

Suddenly! Loin Cloths. Loin Cloths everywhere.

I see a lot of Dead-Zone Plague in there. Nice Kit-bashes you've done.

that big bastard on the back right is bloody awesome!

At least Nuln Oil for the silver parts.

But the most serious flaws are the highlights.

Appreciated. I'll have a go a redoing them.

We don't have how to paint admech?

I think it's malifaux

yup, it's malifaux

That's what you want. You apply like 5 or more layers of that and you can really control where the pigment ends up for your shading and highlights.
Then you wack a really fine edge highlight on there and it's nice.

Try it out over both a white and black undercoat and see the different applications.

"In an old house on Terra that was covered in vines..."

Just finished 2 squads of Battle Sisters including Sister Superiors with Combi-Flamers and Sisters with Heavy Flamers done. On deck...10 woman Serephim squad (2 with hand flamers). Oh and that's a St. Celestine kitbash you see in back...who will be renamed St. Madeline. Excited to prime when the glue on the heads have dried. 25% humidity today.

Yeah, what is the base model?

Mantic plague Stage 1

>actual 40k backpacks on them
>not those boxes that come with the models
>mfw

More!

Working on Emperor's Children moritat.
too tired to do highlighting or working on the plasma right now.

Here's one for now. Sorry about the shit pics...off to prime.

Looking pretty good.
Are you going to add tubes to the guns like on the official upcoming model?

Huh. I'll give a go. Thanks for the help.

Thanks, and yes i am very much considering doing something like that.
Might not fit with the bolt gun since it already has a drum mag, but could definitly be fun on the plasma

Remember to let every layer fully dry before doing another, you get some nasty shit if you don't.

If you are going with Dreamforge, why don't you use their actual female soldiers?

It's a Collodi crew, no clue how I'm going to paint them up though. The other stitched will have purple patches on them to break them up a bit more, but this one didn't really have any parts that'd look sorta patchwork with it so I decided to do him plain. His eye and buttons will be green though.

Thanks! How might one do that without messing it up too hard? Maybe throw a video at me?

Practically a repost given I literally glued him together and painted some crystals since my last post but here's my finished greater daemon of tzeentch.

sorry if the file size is massive

jesus christ, it's like my brains melting.

Your stuff continues to be as impresive as ever.

What these monstrosities? Because they look nothing like Sisters. The armor on the Valkir is much more ornate and Ecclesiarchy-looking...plus they come with loin cloths and such. Take a real good look at those "female tank hunters" one more time and think about what a stupid question you just asked.