Moomins

Hey Veeky Forums, how would I go about creating a setting with the same feel as the Moomins?

Other urls found in this thread:

zepe.de/mumin/ilho.php
youtube.com/watch?v=p8p91hEVAcY
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Unknown Armies: Spooky Finland Edition.

Don't Rest Your Head?

I dunno, the Moomins always freaked me out as a kid.

Bumping with moomin art

>post apocalypse
>noblebright
>empty
>serene
>throw in plot hooks by means of magic or Moominpapa having a brilliant idea
Watch the show for inspiration, it is great

You would have to be a good GM.

Dump more Moomin art please

Something with a sanity mechanic.

It's not all moomin but they're all done by Tove Jansson

Don't let DMPC Snufkin ruin your campaign.
And depression.

Are those Gollum and Bilbo? Bilbo looks like Pikkumyy and Gollun looks like the tree from "From Hell It Came".

So where does everyone get the idea of depression and sanity themes from? Moomins seems a little deep but not that dark?

Yes! Indeed it is!
She did lots of illustrations of the hobbit
zepe.de/mumin/ilho.php

Here's the cover

Thanks for the link

>Moomins seems a little deep but not that dark?

In one episode some sort of dark god was released from a petrified tree stump and wanted to kill the Moomins one at a time whilst the others watched. And it would have if the harassment the green hat didn't trick it back into the tree.

Or the one with the child that had been abused so hard she became invisible.

Or the Groke that craves any sort of affection but kills all that she touches.

They're 90% bright and cheerful and 10% loneliness and fear.

For some reason depressives tend to linger on the sad bits. Also, it may be that the show is a lot darker than the books. I've never watched it.

Show's rather different.

>In one episode some sort of dark god was released from a petrified tree stump and wanted to kill the Moomins one at a time whilst the others watched. And it would have if the harassment the green hat didn't trick it back into the tree.
I don't remember this. Which episode was it?

>I don't remember this. Which episode was it?

A censored one, along with that one with the pirates and that one with Little My. At least in Finland they were never dubbed and/or showed in TV. All these episodes were basically Japanese filler episodes and were not based on any original story by Tove Jansson.

If I remember correctly, the "dark god" was actually called "akuma" ("devil") in Japanese dub, which may explain why the episode in question was never translated.

Other than saying "then one with the petrified tree stump" I couldn't tell you. I was a child when I watched them.

It was shown in Britain.

It took me a while, but I remember it now. Must have been one of the last few.

youtube.com/watch?v=p8p91hEVAcY

Huh, apparently it was. In Finland this was one of the three banned episodes. Apparently localization team disliked it and to be completely honest I can see why.

>>Moomins seems a little deep but not that dark?

That tree imp sounds like Kingseeker Frampt

Spot on

Then fuck the show. If it means that moominland is scary and depressing, I don't want it.

A dire lack of martial skills.

Clarification: She was neglected and ignored until she became from metaphorically invisible to physically invisible.