New MTG Artbook: Kaladesh

Didn't see a thread about this one, also old thead is ded.

>Optimism, innovation and the spirit of creativity fill these pages, lavishly illustrated with the award-winning art of Magic: The Gathering™! Welcome to Kaladesh – a vibrant, beautiful plane where anything is possible. Join the heroic Planeswalkers of the Gatewatch as they explore the Inventors’ Fair, and let your imagination soar alongside thopters and airships crafted by the best artificers in the Multiverse. Come discover the marvels of Kaladesh – its inhabitants, its inventors, and its artifacts. They all await you at the grand Inventors' Fair!

Other urls found in this thread:

viz.com/blog/posts/special-new-the-art-of-magic-the-gathering-release
twitter.com/AnonBabble

viz.com/blog/posts/special-new-the-art-of-magic-the-gathering-release

Actually looks sick

Does anyone have a pdf of the Zendikar one?

I bought it like a decent human being, also I'm not maro.

Oh this is great, I'm glad they are doing one for each block. I loved the BfZ one and the SOI one cone out in a month or so.

Oh, I love artbooks! I have an old one from 10 years ago and I still occasionally read it for inspiration.

Love that they're bringing them back.

Oh cool which one do you have? The Alara one? I never got it and prices I have found are ridiculous.

Feels like esper with red added in, a passionate esper? I like it.

Turns out everyone hates Chandra because she was the only white reverse-trap in India town.

Will the swamp art be a bunch of DESIGNATED

>Join the heroic Planeswalkers of the Gatewatch as they explore the Inventors’ Fair, and let your imagination soar alongside thopters and airships crafted by the best artificers in the Multiverse. Come discover the marvels of Kaladesh – its inhabitants, its inventors, and its artifacts. They all await you at the grand Inventors' Fair!

Please tell me this isn't another artifact/colorless heavy set.

Not that user but I assume he's talking about this one. No need to be a little shit.

>he thinks this guy is trolling because he mentioned a "new" block like Alara
user, I have some bad news for you...

Oh boy! More streamlined, homogeneous, marketing-oriented digital art.

>a little shit

Whoa user breathe, everything is going to be ok. I did not know this art book existed, so I'm definitely going to have to look into it. And just for the record there was a an art book for Alara it was the Planeswalkers Guide to Alara before they started doing them on the mothership.

Just out of curiosity, whats the most recent block that you think had good art?

That image reminds me a lot of Shaun Tan.

>Join the heroic Planeswalkers of the Gatewatch

But why?

Homelands.

They're selling toys now to raise cash for the Zendikar relief fund.
rapefugees welcome

Its a minor change in the fluff to help the upcoming movie, no need to get flustered about it.

What is a standard deck I can slowly invest in over the next year that would be fun, semi competitive now (like 100 dollar budget) that I can put money in over time in the current set etc.?

I would have played eldrazi but I would rather invest the majority of them into cards in SOI

Suggestions?

we'll probably have more colored artifacts as well, if it's any consolation.

why doesn't anyone scan those? Zendikar one is just outside the reasonable money range my poor ass can spend on coffee table album

Innistrad.
Innistrad was so well designed you could tell what basic land belonged to which province.
Of course they had to fuck up in SOI and make it all about tentacles, doritos, niggers and cloned cgi people.

Get into Modern. You can keep the deck forever and it'll still be good, even if there's no lore behind it.

>Of course they had to fuck up in SOI and make it all about tentacles, doritos, niggers and cloned cgi people.

I wouldn't say that's why it was bad but I will agree that SOI fucked it up. Mostly because I feel like it destroyed them themes and the feel of the setting in exchange for a played out 'Angels are crazy/evil'.

I think what pisses me the most if how they ruined the basic land art with the tentacles, doritos and that ridiculously oversized "twisted" avacyn symbol on what could have been the comfiest mountain art ever.

And of course Olivia's goofy as fuck art, and how shitty Sorin looks in his card, how akward avacyn looks in most art depicting her, how retarded Jace looks with his capecoathoodie.
Fuck it the only good cards are the vampires and spirits that don't have "corruption" shit creeping around and look like they could've been from the original ISD, the rest looks like the goth patch for BFZ.

Doritos?

>Bangladesh
>Kaladesh
>replace "Bang" with "Ka"
>land of brown people who apparently bang a lot
Could they be more lazy and family friendly with this naming scheme?

Those fucking bullshit triangle crap that bitch nahiri is shitting everywhere.