Renegade SM Chapter Creation

I just picked up a copy of Black Crusade for 20 bucks, so I figured it'd be time to get one of these guys rolling!

1d100 for progenitor

Rolled 81 (1d100)

>White Scars
Not bad

1d100 for when we were founding

Rolled 19 (1d100)

Not sure how I feel about the Lions' image here...

>34th Millennium

1d100 for why we left the Imperium

Rolled 71 (1d100)

>Cowardice in the Face of Extinction: Near the brink of annihilation, the Marines took an extremely cowardly or horrible action to preserve their Chapter, and were excommunicated for this.
So we did some very non-marine stuff to save our asses and got canned

d20 for how many mutations we get

Rolled 1 (1d20)

>Pure Geneseed
Ziltch

1d10 for chapter flaw

Rolled 1 (1d10)

Space mongols that have turned to Chaos in order to survive a crisis and have no mutations. YET.

>Acute paranoia - The renegades believe that everyone is out to get them and the Imperium looks around every corner to purge them. They trust no one but themselves and are extremely cautious
Makes sense in a universe as hostile as 40k's

2d100 for figure of legend and what he did

Rolled 29, 49 = 78 (2d100)

>Chapter Master
>The individual was a stalwart enemy of the this chapter's foes, proving vicious and determined in his fight.

Kinda generic. If you guys want, we can reroll

Besides that, 1d10 for home sector

Rolled 2 (1d10)

I don't mind re-rolling

Generic just means there's a little wiggle room with interpretation. I'd reroll what he was, but not what he did.

>Nebula: These Marines park their Voidcraft on the outskirts of a nebula, using the outer floating debris for either resources or colonies.
Alright, we live in basically the vacuum of space

1d10 for how we rule what territory we gain

Throw a d100 my way, and we'll see if it comes up with anything better

Rolled 47 (1d100)

Re-rolling

Well, it's still chapter master, but that's alright.

Rolled 1 (1d10)

Yeah, let's roll with it then

Rolled 7 (1d10)

love these threads

>Ruleship - "My lord Chapter Master, here are the tax-plans for the North-West district of the sector..."
>Raiding - "You see that ship up there? The Angel men stop by every once and a while to take all our shit, and kidnap our children."

I don't see why we can't use both?bureaucratic raiding

d10 for combat doctrine

Rolled 3 (1d10)

>Silent as the Night - They use stealth and guile to their advantage, striking from the shadows
What cowards

1d100 for how our chapter operates

Rolled 53 (1d100)

>Mercenaries: These renegades sell their services to the highest bidder. Be it in gear, initiates, ammunition or ships, the renegade Angels of Death come with a price that must be paid.

2d100 for specialty restrictions (units and gear)

Rolled 9, 39 = 48 (2d100)

>no Apothocaries or Plasma weaponry
We can make due

1d100 for specialty equipment

Rolled 15 (1d100)

Rolled 54 (1d100)

Well there is always melta.

We have:
>Xenos Weaponry: This Chapter uses exotic xenos-made weapons. This can range from Necron Gauss weaponry, to Tau Pulse Carbines, to Crystaline weapons from the Psy-Gore system..

And
>Bio-Technology: Whether from some Xenos experimentation, Chaos tampering, horrid Geneseed mutation, or something else entirely, this chapter has biologically infused technology

Which one would you guys prefer? They both sound cool to me

Xenos I say. Bring on the Tau pulse rifles!

Oh, yeah.
D10 for size

This has my vote as well, but I say we use something a bit more exotic.

Rolled 2 (1d10)

>Under Strength: The Chapter is recovering from a defeat or accident that occurred several decades ago, or has recently suffered heavy, but not irrecoverable losses. It is probably at a minimum of half strength, and should return to nominal strength within a decade
Makes sense with the whole no Apothocaries thing.

Final roll, 2d100 for allies and enemies

Rolled 72, 32 = 104 (2d100)

Don't forget our chapter's motivation

Rolled 12, 91 = 103 (2d100)

I'm gonna use the first roll from the first one, and the second one from the second one

>(allies) Inquisition
>(enemies) minor xenos

Looks like I lied, we have one more 1d100 to roll

It says motivations it optional, but if you want to roll for it, I guess we could

Rolled 12 (1d100)

>Hrud
can always reroll if we don't like it or it doesn't fit

I'm going to summarize in a second, just need to get everything together

Those are the things that started off as space-Skaven but then became horrible ghoul-things with like exposed skin and shit?

They are these bastards.

Yeah, that's them

>White Scars
>34th Millennium
>Cowardice in the Face of Extinction: Near the brink of annihilation, the Marines took an extremely cowardly or horrible action to preserve their Chapter, and were excommunicated for this

>Pure Geneseed
>Acute paranoia - The renegades believe that everyone is out to get them and the Imperium looks around every corner to purge them. They trust no one but themselves and are extremely cautious

>Chapter Master
>The individual was a stalwart enemy of the this chapter's foes, proving vicious and determined in his fight.

>Nebula: These Marines park their Voidcraft on the outskirts of a nebula, using the outer floating debris for either resources or colonies.
>Rulership/raiding - "My lord Chapter Master, here are the raid-plans for the North-West district of the sector..."

>Silent as the Night - They use stealth and guile to their advantage, striking from the shadows
>Mercenaries: These renegades sell their services to the highest bidder. Be it in gear, initiates, ammunition or ships, the renegade Angels of Death come with a price that must be paid

>No Apothocaries or Plasma Weapons
>Xenos Weaponry: This Chapter uses exotic xenos-made weapons. This can range from Necron Gauss weaponry, to Tau Pulse Carbines, to Crystaline weapons from the Psy-Gore system..

>Under Strength: The Chapter is recovering from a defeat or accident that occurred several decades ago, or has recently suffered heavy, but not irrecoverable losses. It is probably at a minimum of half strength, and should return to nominal strength within a decade
>Allies with parts of the Inquisition
>Enemies of the Hrud

All that's left is fluff, name, and color!
Where to start?

Why not just combine the two and have them use hybridized Tyranid weaponry?

Expanding on the reason for our excommunication - just what did we do? Did we truly commit some terrible offense in lieu of performing our sacred duty, or as I'm seeing it were our methods of NOT charging headlong to get stuck in the gut like fucking Smurfs and instead actually planning our strikes out seen as being out of vogue?

If we go with could be, when nearly killed by Nids, we used their weapons against them, or something similar

So we are still recovering from that then? Seems weird then that we lost mainly our apothecaries, but maybe that's just me.

Neo Nightlords

"Just walk away. There's been too much violence. Just walk away..."

Xenos bio-weaponry!
Tyranid Marines, yaaaay!

A few scheming, secretive, but not wholly uncivilized paranoids who occasionally work with the Inquisition from the safety of their hidden bases, utilizing bio-integrated xenos technology

This sounds FUCKING AWESOME

Would they work with Ordos xenos? That seems a little hypocritical

Well, when you put it like that, YEAH - I see the appeal.

When we're talking bio-integrated systems, we mean like some Guyver shit?

It seems likely the one branch of the Inquisition they would. Maybe the reason we're enemies with the Hrud is because the Ordo had tasked us with clearing an infestation upon some developing colonies. We take care of that, and they turn a blind eye to our operations in the sectors of space we occupy.

The Ordos Xenos probably bribes them with leftovers from interrogations or experiments
Because, rogues or not, those freaks in the asteroids are still seven foot tall warrior-gods
Nobody is turning down that help

also
>Guyver Marines
My fucking cock is rock-hard for this

Good point. How do we explain this one? Perhaps a surprise attack during neophyte induction caused the majority of Apothocaries to die, leaving only the ones fielded left alive

ninja marines

Maybe just infighting from paranoia?
Like, the marines will turn on each other out of desperation to avoid being discovered, which leads to them keeping their own numbers down?

I... guess? It sounds iffy, even for renegade astartes. Depends if we have any hope of actually rebuilding our chapter or if we've basically accepted ourselves to the fact we're likely to die out anyway so might as well live recklessly...

>Seems weird then that we lost mainly our apothecaries

Lictors went full Viet-Cong. They targeted the Apothecaries above all other Marines, through cunning ambushes, traps, insidious poisons (stuffing a dead suit of Power Armor full of Rippers only to burst open when an Apothecary walks up to harvest Gene-seed) and directed attacks against them exclusively.

All of this was done in an attempt to damage not only the effectiveness of the fighting force (as Marines cannot really be healed by anybody but an Apothecary due to their physiology) but also to damage the spirit of the Chapter by wiping out their "safety net" for getting wounded on the battlefield. Not surprising that they'd be a lot less willing to fight if they knew that their medics can't help them if they get wounded too badly (not enough to deter a Space Marine from fighting, but it's another log on the fire).

also the Lictors assimilate and store Gene-seed for unknown purposes, and that practice the Ordo Xenos fears above all other incidents of that war.

these are just outside the realm of quest threads and just within the realm of annoying as fuck

Are 'Nids that sentient to specifically make those kinds of attacks? Not saying it's bad, genuinely curious here.

Kinda like you, minus that these are fun

without apothecaries, one must wonder how they integrate the xeno bio-weaponry into themselves
Perhaps some hidden xenos tech that they hide away for themselves??

Well, since they don't have to adhere to the codex Astartes, could be they developed a roll that creates these weapons, or it's a skill that all marines must train in. Initially, probably whatever was left of the Apothocaries altered them

Not individually, but a hive mind directs them that it pretty damn intelligent. Definitely capable of tactics like that

Lictors often are, especially Deathleaper and friends, as they're very much "lone wolf" operators for Nids.

Genestealers led by a Broodlord are also that smart, especially when there's a lot of them.

Okay then. So we went up against some particularly nasty 'Nids/genestealers and they crippled our apothecaries. In retaliation, we massacred them and took their shit for ourselves 'cause we're all renegade like that

What are you guys thinking in terms of colors? I was thinking the inverse of the White scars: black and green

To expand on this, maybe something like a complicated planetary protection racket? Give us your stuff, or we'll take it.

that just sounds like plain extortion - nothing complicated about that

Here's something to start with

Maybe more like a dystopian government, where you make sure everything flows up to you, and you do a raid on people getting to ahead every once and a while to show them why you're still in charge

So like a regular tithe we demand, and if we don't get it, we come take more than what you owe us and shit on your lawn. Yeah, okay

These guys are roughly half strength, so they can't afford to have many worlds under their belt. How would the government work with so few marines? I guess you only need one per world to rule it

Something like this, maybe?

Or we took their shit to retaliate, cus we wuz desperate n shiet

>Beaurocratic space mongols
YES