SHINOBI QUEST

Shinobi Quest

This quest takes place within the lands of the Five Great Shinobi Nations (aka Narutoverse) starting roughly around the beginning of the original series. The world of this quest remains similar to the original, with slight but notable differences in certain areas, based upon the passage of time from a single slightly altered event.

(It’s a goddamn Naruto Quest, you bastards. Have fun, participate, and write in when you feel inclined. Most of the outcomes of this quest will be determined by you, the players. Critiques and questions are always welcome, as my knowledge of the weeby shit is not all encompassing.)

CHARACTER SELECT

You have a choice of three paths to travel; know that some are harder than others, and will have varying degrees of difficulty and customization.

#1. “A young Konoha shinobi with the entire world as their oyster. Origin is a mystery.”
(Name, Gender, History will be determined by players. Initial stats will be rolled.) (Difficulty I)

#2. “A little bird whose cage hangs perilously on the weakest, far flung branch of a great familial tree.” (Clan name predetermined, everything else determined by players. Initial stats will be rolled.) (Difficulty II)

#3. “A young man whose fate lies on a knife’s edge. The world stands against him, for he is all but alone. Effeminate.” (Name, Ability and Stats predetermined. Starts farther along in our tale.) (Difficulty IV)

Commence Voting!

>voting 1
Super hype

Rolled 1 (1d3)

Rolling for it!

>Naruto

I guess

Probably gonna call it for 1 here in a few moments~

Officially calling it for one.

Writing!

You wake with a start, the haze of the morning lifting slowly from your mind. You quickly glance around the room, seeing many other young, prospective genin walking to the front of the class to hand in the examination papers.

You begin to panic, ever so slightly. Quickly, you shift your gaze downward, to what could only be your own exam--

What is your gender?

1. Male
2. Female

>2

>Female.
We're going to be the cutest grill, and we're going to be the best grill as well.

Just so you realize, Kunoichi whoring themselves out to act undercover is canon in Narutoverse. Just fyi.

>implying that is a bad thing. Also we will be 12, so not an issue unless Wargle intends to be pedo straight off the bat.

Even better.

>implying a bunch of high value pervy old men who are rich and thus targets AREN'T pedos.

Someone gotta fight the tie.

Alright voting for male

Just realized that it's a tie.

Just go with female, since the last vote that turned it into a tie was for male.

Gendo face is bad. Gendo face means children will be abused with reckless abandon.

Mods please explain why you are deleting posts and blocking people for telling OPs put their Quests into /qst/, the new quest board for quests.
Do the mods on this board want the other new board to die?

This is a setting about child soldiers trained from birth in large familial pmcs

I mean, yeah no it's entirely a happy setting

Quests are allowed on Veeky Forums, and you're shitposting. Also, /qst/ is awful.

Voting for female.

3 / 3 for female /male

Probably gonna side on female to spice it up unless people object

Nope, it's not shitposting. It's redirecting people who seem to not realize that there is now a Quest board specifically for quest threads.

Have fun writing mandatory Yuri. If you can do that sure.

we recognize it. We just recognize it is a dead board for now, and tough to get players for a new quest there.

No it isn't. I don't know where you're getting this idea from.

Backseat moderation IS shitposting. It's also against the rules.

It's slow because people keep posting quests on Veeky Forums instead. It wouldn't be a problem if you'd just put your quests on /qst/ instead of dividing people's attention between two boards.

Doesn't have to be yuri, just that the majority of female protag quests turn out to be it.

I don't care either way, I just like to enjoy quests that catch my eye from time to time.

Well, there are a lot more male named characters our age in Konoha than female ones, and three quarters of the female ones are either taken or shit-tier waifus. So I'm hoping that there will be chances to romance some of the boys.

Maybe we can seduce a nice husbando? Maybe we can steal sasuke and turn him straight?

“Male or Female? What kind of question even is this? Shouldn’t it be obvious….?”

While you ponder this question, you move on to the next.

(Name and Socioeconomic Background)

Is our character Rich? Poor? Decidedly middle class? (Determines a variety of things)

Are our parents living or deceased? (Single parent also accepted)

Please end your post with a name suggestion! (and keep it at least somewhat setting appropriate)

>Poor
>Single Dad(recently a widower after mom succumbed to sickness) who is always busy working trying to pay off mom's medical bills and put food on the table.
>Tsuki

>Kasumera Merashi

>middle class

>Dead mom

Hmmm... Poor feels like it could end up with a zero-to-hero vibe, so I want to go with that.

Hmmm....
Single mom, doesn't really want us to be in this whole ninja biz, what with that being what got our father killed, but supports us anyways. Also allows for a hook mom up with a new dad sidequest/subplot!

Got no idea for a name though, dang.

>rich
>mom's dead
>dad's a workaholic badass

Name is Haruka
named after the best Naruto opening

>>Male
>>Rich
>>Single Mom
>>Akira

>tfw everyone wanting to have a dead mom.

Such is life.

already been decided on female user.

>decidedly middle class
>both parents are alive, but are unmarried
No preference for naming, I'm kind of shit at it anyway.

>unmarried
Reproducing outside of marriage is unheard of in Naruto

Orochimaru reproduced asexually. Your argument is invalid.

No one ever got trashed trying to relax after a horrible mission and had some nasty "we nearly died i wanna fuck" sex?

That's because he used science. It doesn't count

No. Mostly because if someone gets that drunk it's usually because they are soul survivors. Narutoverse is blatantly vicious.

Going with rich, single dad, dead mother barring a revolt.

Writing~

As many times Rin has been captured and kept her v card, I'm gonna say yes

Booo
save the yuri for the magical girl quests

2 poor
2 middle class
2 rich(if you cant the male vote)

3 dead mom
2 dead dad
1 divorced or out of wedlock parents

This is naruto. Not Berserk. Rape isn't around every corner. Unless you are going to uncle orochimaru's naked experiment dungeon.

>implying we aren't going to rock Lee's fucking world

>rich
>single dad
>mom dead

I am strangely on board with getting Lee's rock's off

I like this coarse of action!

“Shouldn’t this be a test of the things we’ve learned in the academy? Father didn’t spend all that ryō for a glorified application…”

You grumble in silence, boring a hole into the examination paper with your eyes, feeling somewhat let down by your whole academy experience. While the entrance fee wasn’t that much of a setback for him, you cannot help look upon this frivolity with a bit of scorn.

Especially when you see the next question.

“Why do you wish to be a ninja of the Hidden Leaf Village?”

see Naruto if not written as a stereotypical shonen by a guy who cannot into nuance of romance, would be seinen as fate zero.

Or another worthy boy, we're an heiress, we must be selective in our boytoys.

>because it's been in my family for generations, it's what I was born and raised for, and I will be the BEST at it.

>To fight for those who can't. That's my nindo,my ninja way.

Make my dead mum proud

I want to join because it's a family tradition and I take tradtion seriously.

>Because I want to do something meaningful for once! Not be some pretty princess or something!

Teenage rebellion at it's finest.

Going to totally act like a cutesy, lovestruck princess when we meet Lee though.

combo of these

Dubs confirm!

This one comboed with We can say that she was a kunoichi who married a civilian.

You stumble a bit on this question. You WERE the one that asked father for the tuition money, but…

Your pencil strikes paper.

“My mother was a ninja. Not some porcelain doll. I’d like to live up to her memory, and become a true shinobi.”

“....and besides”, you think to yourself, “it will give the chance to do something meaningful! Not spend all day in stupid executive meetings.”

You nod to yourself, satisfied with your answer.

“What do you believe are you strengths? Your weaknesses?”

(Roll 1d6. First 8 rolls will determine stats, although will have some leverage in how they are distributed. Don’t choke!)

Rolled 5 (1d6)

Rolled 4 (1d6)

common good rolls

Rolled 5 (1d6)

God I suck

Rolled 4 (1d6)

Ohboyohboyohboy!

Rolled 5 (1d6)

one more

Rolled 3 (1d6)

>All these good rolls.

2 more actually

And you spoke too soon

why must I be bad all the time?

Rolled 1 (1d6)

>I jinxed it.

Forgive me. I must now commit sudoku.

Once I figure out how I play it.

Let's do it then

You sure did, user. You sure did.

Rolled 2 (1d6)

Mother fucker

Rolled 1 (1d6)

............dammit user stop rolling.

Ouch! Hope we can improve on those stats later on.

look who is talking

Rolled 5 (1d6)

desperation not a 1 roll

Far, far too late.

Please let us replace a 1 with this. Please.

Ninjutsu 2.5
Taijutsu 2.0
Genjutsu 2.5
Intelligence 2.0
Strength 2.5
Speed 1.5
Stamina .5
Hand seals 1.0

(You can exchange the .5 and the 1.0 with any other stat, as long as you guys can agree. If you do so, I might even reward you)

Let us play superior breeding princess

Can we agree to dump genjutsu to .5? I don't want Boruto quest.

>Stamina: .5

God our Chakra levels are worse than Kakashi

Taijutsu with Stamina
Strength with Hand Seals

Let us play the weakling princess, and so that Lee can be our counterpart.

Strength switches with hand seals

Taijutsu with stamina

>Strength 1
>Genjutsu .5
>Handseals 2.5
>Stamina 2.5

Now we are Rock Lee's opposite. An Ultimate Ninjutsu Princess whose heart will be claimed by him!

Muffins are not cookies, captcha!

Strength to hand seals and stamina to genjutsu.

I can support this. Stay at range.