Is Moomin low fantasy?

Is Moomin low fantasy?

Moomin is lotr and snuffkin is gandalf

It's garbage like most low fantasy, so probably.

All his walking about genres is fucking stupid anyway. If a game can be described as pat of a genre that means it's unoriginal trash anyway. Only play settings that defy comparison, like Numenera, which is an unparalleled work of genius.

Moomin is bloody dark if you watch it after you have grown up.

Don't you fucking call moomin garbage you little prick.

It's OK user, he's probably just a contrarian millenial who's upset he wasn't around to enjoy it in his youth. Or a troll. Pick two.

> moonmin writer starts thread to shill his shitty setting that everyone forgot about because it was trash
> starts sperging out when his terrible setting gets rekt and he can't handle it

I cannot stop kekking right now

> grognard thinks his garbage setting is superior because it is older and thus more "original"

It's typical European trash.

Settings should be exotic and multi-ethnic, not pale face rehashes.

>Moomin writer
>Implying that Tove Jansson hasn't been dead for 15 years

wew lad

user, it's pretty lame.

For a split second that thumbnail had me hope the moomins saw some gondolas

Don't have any gondola gifs that aren't webm with sounds

>thinks numenera is original
you don't read much, do you?

Moomin is weird as fuck

This.

Also the cartoons fucked me right up as a child.
They still unnerve me a little even now

They have a sorcerer who flies to Moon easily, so not likely.

It's high and at times bleak fantasy.

>moomins is garbage
>numenera is good
This has to be bait.

Moomin would be a pretty cool world for a really rules-light system that wants to do contemporary with some fantastic elements! And it still has room for bleak/dark influences in the setting. Motherfucking Groke gon' turn your campaign into CoC, nigger!

>low fantasy

Isn't it set on the Moon? As in, our Moon? I guess that makes it low fantasy.

It has wizards, witches and anthropomorphized forces of nature. I don't think it counts as low fantasy

>Is moomin low fantasy?

It's not set on earth, it's set in the primary world of the stories and the fantastical elements are all out in the open in the setting, so no, it does not qualify as low fantasy in any way.

Unless you ask some 15 year old dicksuck who thinks that anything that's more grounded than Final Fantasy is low fantasy, but his opinion is not one you should base your definitions on.

I don't think you know what "low fantasy" means.

>our moon
Where did you get that?

>Everything that's not glossy and disney is high fantasy!

People like you are the reason literally doesn't mean literally any more.

>Moominvalley
>It was inspired by Ängsmarn, a family retreat in Sweden, which is also situated on a grassy field facing the sea and surrounded by rocky outcrops.

Eh, not sure how low fantasy that makes it, it's Earth but a fictionalized version, like a fairytale.

Jansson was a god-tier illustrator, 70 goddamn years ago. Why the fuck isn't there any pdfs of translated works out there?

>Moomin
It's basicly babys first eldrich contact

Who knows the end? What has risen may sink, and what has sunk may rise. Loathsomeness waits and dreams in the deep, and decay spreads over the tottering cities of men.

> this shit that looks like a Ziggy cartoon is god tier illustration

/tag/ taste has plummeted even deeper into the shitter.

Man, she even did Tolkien illustrations?

you can leave anytime, faggo.

Was runescape really edgy? It seemed like everybody was into that shit.

It has mystical elements. Whatever -fantasy one seem fit to give it is of little interest.

OH SHIT YOU'VE BEEN VISITED BY THE MOTHERFUCKING GROKE

CHILDHOOD DREAD AND SPOOKY EYES IN THE WINDOW AT NIGHT WILL COME TO YOU IF YOU DON'T COMMENT "GROKE GO HOME"

GROKE GO HOME!

I dunno... how spooky are those eyes?

eka olin et ei vittu
mut sit olin et ei liirum laarum

REALLY FUCKING SPOOKY.

CHILDHOOD TRAUMA SPOOKY.

>...residing or imprisoned on a dark star
near Aldebaran.

Yup, managed to snatch two copies for my little sister and I. Although I am not sure if she has read it yet.

So can you. And I was here first so you in fact have no right to be here. This garbage art retro hipster crap needs to die.

>This garbage art retro hipster crap needs to die.
Who ever speaks like that?

in fact FUCK YOU FUCKING DIE OF AIDS YOU FUCKING PIECE OF SHIT I AM SO FUCKING SICK OF PEOPLE LIKE YOU. YOU MOTHERFUCKERS ARE THE SCUM OF THE EARTH. YOU PEOPLE NEED TO BE GASSED LIKE THE JEWS, EXCEPT YOU FAGGOTS ACTUALLY DESERVE IT. THE HOLOCAUST IS TOO GOOD FOR YOU MONGOLOIDAL MOTHERFUCKERS. SUCK A BARBED COCK AND CHOKE ON IT YOU BASTARD. EVERY TIME I SEE PEOPLE LIKE YOU I PRAY FOR A FUCKING NUCLEAR APOCALYPSE. THE DAY YOU GET CANCER WILL BE THE HAPPIEST FUCKING DAY OF MY FUCKING LIFE. I WOULD GO TO YOUR FUNERAL JUST TO MASTURBATE IN THE BACK ROW THEN EJACULATE AS YOUR FAMILY BURSTS INTO TEARS OVER THE LOSS OF YOUR SHIT ASS. I HOPE 4 THUGS RAPE YOU ON THE WAY HOME FROM YOUR JOB AND SODOMIZE YOU WITH A RUSTY CROWBAR UNTIL YOU NEED AN ALOE VERA ENEMA JUST TO STOP FROM SCREAMING IN AGONY. I HOPE YOU WALK UNDER A TRAFFIC LIGHT JUST AS A 12 FOOT TRUCK HITS IT AND KNOCKS THE LIGHT ONTO YOUR HEAD AND CRUSHES YOUR SKULL. I HOPE YOU FALL OFF YOUR BIKE INTO THE FUCKING GRAND CANYON AND SOME HOMELESS MAN COMES AND FUCKS YOUR CORPSE THEN EATS IT. YOU ARE A FUCKING FAGGOT-ASS PIECE OF GAY-ASS FUCKING SHIT, I FUCKING HATE PEOPLE LIKE YOU, I AM SO SICK OF YOUR SHITTERING FAGGOTRY, GET AIDS GET AIDS GET AIDS GET AIDS GET AIDS. GO TO HELL. I HOPE YOU BURN IN HELL FOR ETERNITY AND I GET FUCKING CCTV WATCHING YOU CRYING FROM HOW HOT IT IS DOWN THERE. I DIDN'T BELIEVE IN HELL UNTIL I FOUND YOU HERE YOU FUCKING MONG, NOW I PRAY FOR HELL TO EXIST EVERY DAY JUST SO YOU CAN BURN IN IT. PEOPLE LIKE YOU ARE FUCKING AUTISTIC FUCKS AND I REALLY HOPE YOU GET CANCER OF SOME KIND AND DIE FROM IT SO THAT I CAN MASTURBATE TO YOUR DEATH!!!!!!!

the spookiest

You need to take a chill pill like pic related.

Groke is about the only creature that still influences my fears of night.

That's not spooky at all. It's is children's illustration. Thank god the author is dead. I should search his grave in Google so that if it's close by I can go take a literal shit in it.

Moomin has nothing on me Wind in the Willows illustrated eddition.

Groke go home

help me imunity cat!

>tfw she's not actually mean or evil but just a manifestation of loneliness, representing all the lonely people who crave warmth and friendship but don't know how to get it

> wind in the willows

God that book was garbage. I think I had like a first printing that my dad gave me and infucking burned it after he died because I hated the book so much. He always used to read it to me and I always hated it. What a piece of crap. The book was old as fuck too. Probably worth something but watching the old dry paper flare up like gasoline was worth it.

>
>>moomins is garbage
>>numenera is good
>This has to be bait.

It's a reverse-troll called Virt. He praises the things he hates and shits on the things he actually likes, all the while pretending to be a SJW.

Ignore.

What? I actually like Numenera and hate moonmin and wind in the willows. But please keep pretending I'm some cyberpunk faggot from one of your animes.

You should go to Finland OP, they fookin love Moomin over there. Was in a shopping centre in Helsinki and they had shitloads of them painted all over.

This looks great. What's the best way to get into the Moomins, Veeky Forums? I know there's an anime.

GROKE GO HOME!

Nay, Virt was banished by our Moot overlords! Right? That's what I heard.

Either books or anime. They are very different in approach - despite the traumatizing elements, the anime is more kid-friendly and warmer. Comics and stories are sort of meant for everyone, bit more philosophic.
I think that without the nostalgia-factor you won't find the anime that great.
I think you can find both on internet.

what did he mean by this?

I have the old Hobbit book that was illustrated by Jansson. Is pretty swag.

No. He's still around. He just can't use his name.

Dope af, got any pictures of it?

>going with a rifle against a great old one
Balls of steel

Maybe you're thinking of the Clangers.

I still remember Groke and how afraid I was of it as a child. And for fucks sake that ghost ship that came out of nowhere in the lighthouse episode was some spooky stuff. And that nightmare filled episode.

Fuck how did they make a children's show that literally inflicts psychological fear? I still feel dread when listening to the Groke theme.

But maybe I'm just a massive pussy.

>tfw she's literally the protagonist from HP Lovecraft's The Outsider.

>>moomins is garbage
>>numenera is good
>This has to be bait.

And yet, you respond anyway.

Fookin' fight me faggot if you thought RS was edgy. Shit was as cheery as fucking Care bears and gum drops.

But seriously, how is it edgy?

GROKE GO HOME

Really? I thought she was the personification of kaamos.