Horus Heresy General /hhg/

In this corner is the Coalition of Magnus Back Breakers, and in this corner is everyone in between the Coalition and Magnus's spine Edition
Rumors and fears Sub-Edition
A discussion from the thread before the last one continued on in the old bread,pics of an apoc game were posted, talk about just how things were going to go down with marines become civil leaders after the GC ended and why Lucius jobs, we saw rumors on new stuff inbound, and another which primarch did wrong debate happened plus more in the old thread Red Book Links:
sys.Veeky Forums.org/derefer?url=http%3A%2F%2Fwww2.zippyshare.com%2Fv%2Fs15Jqk1t%2Ffile.html
sys.Veeky Forums.org/derefer?url=https%3A%2F%2Fmega.nz%2F%23!Jx1UGCTI!vMJN89z7p8tiEC7YOAj477g6RxDtJ7culVLF3q3godg
HH Book 6 - Retribution PDF:
mediafire.com/download/8aqx9j3a8erqv8d/The_Horus_Heresy_Book_6_-_Retribution.pdf or
sys.Veeky Forums.org/derefer?url=https%3A%2F%2Fkat.cr%2Fthe-horus-heresy-book-6-retribution-pdf-t12199249.html
HHG FAQ - pastebin.com/iUqNrrA8
Official HH 7th Edition Errata (Updated January 2016) - forgeworld.co.uk/resources/fw_site/fw_pdfs/Horus_Heresy/Horus_Heresy_7th_Edition.pdf
Other official downloads: forgeworld.co.uk/Downloads#horusheresy
HH Rules:
Crusade Army List: mediafire.com/download/1lprm5vd99yafa3/
Mechanicum Taghmata Army List: mega.nz/#!LFwTjQ7B!mF0eVOY8P1MPT0a-QSXypXo_ZfskhYynD41PrkaTbD8
30k/40k Rules: mega.nz/#F!pFgm0RKR!J06C1gVYcjzNGsF8YNLsjQ!EVh0GZZS
30k/40k Rules and more (torrents): kat.cr/usearch/"Forge World" heresy user:epistolary/
30k Black Library: mega.nz/#F!0RlxDZQC!qAu9BaubWa3KeihJRmOcsg

So Veeky Forums, if you wanted to avert or minimize the fallout from the Heresy by making any one change (Aside from easy ones like "Have the Emperor be a better Dad"), what would you do and why?

>So Veeky Forums, if you wanted to avert or minimize the fallout from the Heresy by making any one change (Aside from easy ones like "Have the Emperor be a better Dad"), what would you do and why?

Leman Russ actually asks "Hey Big H, I know you said, make with the killykilly stabstab on ol' One Eye out there, but Dad said I should just, like, bring him back or something? I think I'll just confirm that with him, ttyl."

Prevent Hastur Sejanus going on that diplomatic trip that killed him. With him still alive, I don't think Erebus gets to indefinitely pour poison in Horus's ear.

Based Hastur best Hastur.

I shoot Erebus and Lorgar before they found Cadia.

I think un-nailing Angron would have a been a pretty big swing.

Airlock Erebus as soon as he suggest Horus look at these old parchments.

>sneak into the Emperor's lab
>pick up a primarch baby pod
>shake real hard
>shake it real good
>put it down
>move over to the next one
>repeat 19 more times
>receive Black Library HH

FUCK!

forty_keks.jpg

Erebus gets caught in the act of stealing the Anthame by Loken and/or Tarik, and fails at murdering his way out of it.

Tell Lorgar and Magnus the truth about how dangerous the warp is.

Teach Lorgar to actually believe in the Imperial Truth to point his desperate need to believe in SOMETHING in a decent direction.

I still like the idea of Lorgar worshipping Emps as the Omnissiah, as apparently that's allowed.

>Avert
Smother Erebus, Kor Phaeron, and Lorgar with power pillows. Optionally smother Lorgar with it until he thinks the ordeal was a dream and interprets it as a sign he shouldn't be emo about the whole rebuke. I do have two other ideas but I'm unsure to what extent nuking Davin into oblivion, or making sure the Interex never existed so Erebus couldn't steal the MURDER SWORD to give to Temba to wound Horus would have.
Kill this guy so he doesn't shake the baby pods to fix the mistake he made.
Emps told Magnus how dangerous it was, but he feigned shock and horror.
>minimizing
Rowboat Girlyman doesn't build his backup Imperium and gets to work on ending Horus's dank heresy with the other loyalists. The Ultramarines picking up slack would surely minimize the fallout right?

Well, Drowning the Traitors in bodies seems to work well 10,000 years later, so I don't see why it wouldn't now.

Underrated post. I liked the Old ultra-atheist legion. I shall read more about Sejanus

Make as many backups of the databanks and STCs on Mars as possible.

No need to drown Lorgar, just Erebus and Kor. Old man shouldnt even be a Space Marine, half-astartes he was

Agreed. Those two needed to be excised. Lorgar just needed to be pointed in a direction.

Just persuade Lorgar to worship Fulgrim. That'll keep both of them happy, and distract them from any chaos nonsense. Boom, two legions out of the rebellion.

Kor dies of old age
Erebus worships Fulgrim
Doesn't have time to steal anathame
Mankind learns about chaos, Horus doesn't turn and Magnus stops his witchery
Manking now uses the webway, finishes the Eldar remnants.
>40k: Won.

Also, guilliman never activates the pharos attracting the tyranids, and the idiotic thing they're going to have happen during the heresy that wakes the necrons up never happens either.

Trazyn says that he is an old friend of Guilliman, implying that they have met before.

So Sworn Brothers can't embark in each other transports, does this also mean I can't attach a character to a unit and embark them in a transport?

Attach yes. Embark no. You could deesptrike them together, though.

If I'm not mistaken, the short story, The Wolf of Ash and Fire, is from Hastur's view for the most part. Is also a good insight to the Luna Wolves as a whole

>no one ever wants the power pillowed used
Lorgar doesn't have to die, just smothered enough to take it as a 2deep4u dream about the rebuke and how he shouldn't be an emo.

I'm almost sure it is mentioned he will die if the nails are removed.

I think Horus Rising or False Gods mentioned the Nails could be removed, but Angron refused to get them removed.

key in select primarchs to the webway project.

Oh wow that's quite a different story then

It was False Gods.
>Angron’s face was murder itself, his thick features scarred and bloody. Dark iron glinted on his scalp where cerebral cortex implants punctured his skull to amplify his already fearsome aggression. The implants had been grafted to Angron’s brain when he had been a slave, centuries before, and though the technology to remove them was available, he had never wanted them removed.

Whaaaaat. Drug him and remove them. And a kidney

Who is the strongest 1v1 fighter in HH tabletop-wise?

Pretty sure consensus on non-Primarchs is Siggy and/or Sev.

Primarchs, Horus always.

Lorgar should have just used the power pillow to subdue Angron, and then removed the Nails instead of turning Angron into a daemon.
You forgot Scoria.

Apologies to the scions of Based Beepboop

Scoria
Sigismund
Every other scrub

Whenever I fight Horus with Fulgrim I end up winning maybe 3/5ths of the time

But mostly they just tie each other up for like 10 rounds of combat

Send Lorgar to Mars after his discovery. Have him believe in the Omnissiah. He goes on to spread the Machine Cult but since his legions' conquests go at a slow pace it's not that big a deal, just tips the balance towards Mars a little bit in the far future.

This is no longer an option, as a company of Sons of Horus were the ones to deliver the message to Russ, in person.

Is it not then even more so, then?

"Hey Dad, so a bunch of Horus' boys showed up telling me to just skullfuck the everloving shit out of Magnus' big faceorb, juuuuuust wanted to doublecheck that's what you fully intend for me to do instead of taking the word of some XVI pansies."

Horus is the Warmaster, ordained directly by the Emperor. To question the Warmaster is to question the Emperor, and as Kharn has stated, Russ never questions the Emperor.

Even better when the orders are something that Russ felt was justified in the first place. See Wolf King.

Fair enough, but one would think that killing a fucking primarch would necessitate a bit more confirmation with the chain of command. Yes, it confirms Russ' bias, which is just another problem he had entirely.

Oh totally. In a way, I love that Magnus was fucked because he didn't follow orders, and Russ was fucked because he followed orders too closely. Tzeentch daemons and cultists keeping both sides in chaos certainly didn't help.

The king tells you to go arrest lord Qwerty and bring him before the king. The kings favored general sens a bunch of soldiers to tell you "nah, just kill lord Qwerty." You already got an order from the king himself, telling you to bring him in alive, and now this general tells you to kill him. If I'm loyal to the king, I will not ignore a direct order from him over an order that came through an intermediary.

So, once again BL makes HH characters into complete retards. In the old fluff the Emperor was quite clear to Magnus that if he played around with the Warp, he'd get fucked. He did it and Russ was given the order to satiate his murderboner. Now we make Russ into a retard who ignored a clear order from the Emperor he so loves and instead gets tricked into destroying a whole planet in another case of "uh-oh, spaghettios!"

Did the primarchs not get enough oxygen when they were babies, did the Emperor think extra chromosomes would make them better, or what?

>implying Russ hasn't always been totally retarded.

Woof?

>favored general
Wrong. The Emperor in all but name. Horus was intended to be everything the Emperor was, not just militarily, and was to be followed in all respects.

Look, I'm fine with dumb barbarian Russ just itching to skull fuck someone if the Emperor so ordered. But if you're going to make him both follow the Emperor's orders unquestioned and then get tricked by "yo, bro, so dad changed his mind on the order he just gave you and he wants Magnus ded, ok?" It's HH levels of retarded.

It smells of nothing but FW needing some reason to stick more legions on Prospero.

Well, clearly you have some sources to present where Russ holds Horus in equal regards to the Emperor and would not question the Emperor changing his mind on an important order by delivering it through an intermediary.

>Well, clearly you have some sources to present where Russ holds Horus in equal regards to the Emperor and would not question the Emperor changing his mind on an important order by delivering it through an intermediary.

Not him.

Ullanor when Horus was chosen by the Emperor to be his Warmaster and told everybody that he speaks with his authority. Only a biased moron would dispute this.

>It smells of nothing but FW needing some reason to stick more legions on Prospero.

I don't consider FW as really solid canon. According to Laurie Goulding, the FW HG books are written as in-verse documents from an in-verse character whose name initials are AK. Him/her wasn't present for most of these events and I don't trust him/her work.

HH*

AK = Alpharius Kawaii

Didn't Horus pick up the order and then change it before forwrding it to Russ?

Do you think the Emperor would have eventually tried to do something about the Machine Cult?

If you have two people with equal authority giving conflicting orders, only a complete retard would not get confirmation from the highest source. Horus might speak with the Emperor's authority, but the Emperor still trumps Horus.

I wouldn't trust Laurie on that completely. And there is a Sister of Silence who's initials are AK. I wonder who that could be.
His intitals are GR though.
Yes.

Speaking about Ullanor. It was confirmed that it is the homeworld of the Orks. The Beast and his Waaaagh! have spawned from there. This means that Horus and the legions did not fully break the Orks there or cleanse them. They just left them to rebuild.

>His intitals are GR though.
Gralpharius Romegon, then.

That was the middle fluff.
Genevieve Rocha

Aren't orks basically a supersentient gestalt fungus? The release spores making them almost impossible to fully eradicate, as they gestate in the ground in sparsely populated areas of the planet.

Alpharius Krakenhoff?

Well, I mean, a BL editor in charge of publishing the novels that compete with FW books. Totally unbiased opinion. Like, nobody at FW most certainly wouldn't have equal opinion of the drivel BL puts out.

I'll take a flawed in-world source over the 18 retards and their idiot dad ruins everything that BL is dumping out of their ass.

That does make it sound like Horus doesn't just come and give Russ an order or pretend he's delivering one from the Emperor. If that was the case, he wouldn't need to "convince" Russ that Magnus needs to die.

If Laurie said something wrong and harmful about any of GW's products, he would be fired within minutes. So far no one from FW or GW protested.

And you can't say they don't care because poor Josh Reynolds was told to STFU about talking about their IPs on social media.

Scoria??

Never said he said anything wrong or harmful, but it is an interesting note that he's in charge of the BL's HH and he considers FW's HH to be of dubious canon. Last I checked, BL's novels are from in-world perspective as well.

I imagine that the Emperor had several plans on the backburner, he's waited ~40,000 years before setting the great crusade in motion. If stuff didn't get all fucked up he'd probably straighten a lot of things out, for instance the mechanicus were scared of leviathan dreads because they may have been developed to counter their war machines.

About done on the EC moritat i promised a few threads back.

Might brush up on the kneeface and plasma when i can be assed.

a bit of battle damage and he's truly perfect

The Warmaster is a bit more than a favored general. It's a lot closer to Christians not having to cut off their foreskins because Christ said so.

Why the kneeface?

>Last I checked, BL's novels are from in-world perspective as well.

Yeah but by guys who were there. It isn't some scholar reporting about what a primarch did a hundred years later. You get to see the HH events unfold from the eyes of the primarch himself.

Never tried much battle damage beside on a few vehicles, and i'm scared of fucking up the paint job.
It was the last pair of mk4 legs i had laying around besides some outrider legs.
Plus i wanted something fancy since he's EC after all

Yes?

>battle damage
>truly perfect
Found the player of an inferior legion.

Everyone knows the Emperor's Children don't take battle damage. Or poop for that matter.

To all the SoH painters out there, how do you paint your SoHs?

Have anyone tried painting them a nice SEA green with a hint of metallic?

Who is he

The man responsible for the Helldrake, and one of the few people who can go toe to toe with Horus and win.

I imagine there was a lot of things Emps was running with that he wasn't comfortable with since he was more concerned with saving as many people as possible, as fast as possible from Old Night.

Just use the soft stuff that comes with blisters. It's quite easy and looks great imo. Pic related.

Is it bad that I took the barrel and mantlet off of a Flames of War Sherman tank and glued it onto the backpack of a marine ad called him a master of signals?

Get Fulgrim to not touch the pwetty sword

Amendera Kendel was one of the Sigilite's top agents, the first person to enact exterminatus without being given the authority to do so, one of the first inquisitors, and later on she's known as Moriana the Black.

If it's good enough for the emperor, it's good enough for anyone else

soft stuff ? now you truly got me confused.

we can't really judge without pics

I'm personally cool with the novels being perfectly accurate on what happens to "these" specific individuals and primarchs, but when it comes to broader descriptions of battles and most importantly, how history remembered a particular event, I'm going with the FW books.

The foam, probably.

Yet they do, because of some faggot who thought it'd stop kids from squeezing one off.

What are you talking about? Christians don't cut their dicks. Only americans because they are, well, americans.

Huh, never bought one of those smaller blister packs with foam in them.
Promised myself i won't buy more shit before i finish my massive backlog of EC marines.

Might be a while before he gets some battle damage lads, but it'll fit since he'll have a few fights under his belt by then.

Fair enough.

>Christians don't cut their dicks. Only americans because they are, well, americans.
>yfw Christian and from Freedom Land
>yfw your dick isn't cut

I can't find anything on him minus starting the first hell forge

Thank God for that lol