miniwargaming.com/magnet-guide
bolterandchainsword.com/topic/297605-tutorial-magnetisation/

Other urls found in this thread:

imgur.com/a/lbKqI
imgur.com/a/hHiVx
3t-studios.com/
spikeybits.com/2015/10/magnetizing-a-knight-titan.html
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Thin pants aside, I love the Fett Marines.

Guys

Should I finish my Ogre army ( 8 Ogres to go ) or my Skaven army ( 17 Stormvermins ) first?

>17 stormfiends
>17
>That's a prime number, and that's terrible

Volcanic base again

Making progress on my orks, or orruks, or whatever. Base layers and shading done, just finished adding some highlights to the bone color on the armor.

not stormfiends, stormvermins!

And I already painted 3, so they are 20 at the end

Christ, things have got to the state where I can misread "17 stormfiends" and think that's a thing someone may very well do.

we live dark times user

How do you like the models?
I've been looking at the sprues and have been wondering if you could build them and just leave the armor plates off. They seem like a good base for Ork/Orc boss conversions. That is if I don't end up having to reculpt half of the torso.

Any tips for doing this sort of camo pattern? I haven't done many vehicles before, let alone more intricate stuff like this.

cut tape and an airbrush?

A friend of mine gifted me the start collecting box for the Necrons and im currently thinking about the colour scheme, can anyone recommend me something not the standard black or gray maybe somthing a bit more flashy or just different..

Well, there is always working in bronzes or golds alongside with reds or blues in place of green for a splash of color.

Oldcrons used to be a bit more varied. Then ceramics were a material people considered painting necrons as as well, which comes in basically any color you want.

finished the 2 trays i will put in my carcassonne big box.

if i did it right then this will fit every carcassonne expansion, mini expansion and single tile expansion in existance.

(not that i am gonna pay 50 buck for a spiel tile but there is space.)

I have these two imgur albums that should help some:

Doing some outdoor terrain making on a nice day:

imgur.com/a/lbKqI

Making a large spiral hill in the same fashion:

imgur.com/a/lbKqI

^This is actually at the stage of getting grass and snow. I just have to go get some more "Winter Tufts" today in order to continue.

Hope that helps, but feel free to ask questions.

sorry, the second link was just the first one again.
Here is the Spiral Rock Tower WIP album link:
imgur.com/a/hHiVx

I really like the models. I also got the shaman as well because I became so infatuated with the sculpt. Would make an amazing wierdboy for 40k army. I prefer the ork models being more upright than all slouched over and gorllia looking. Makes them more menacing. The back plates and shoulders are separate pieces but it leaves a huge divot in their back if you left it off. You would have to re-sculpt most of the back and shoulder blade areas.

3t-studios.com/ once had a great tutorial that helped inspire my pieces. A couple months ago (iirc) their servers were corrupted and they lost all their old tutorials, but at least I took lots of pictures of my process based on theirs.

Thanks, that's quite helpful.
I liked the shaman too. The best AoS mini so far imo.

That technique can never not look good. Good job user.

So I'm gonna do some Black Dragons for more edge-highlighting practice, and I'm wondering, would a green edge highlight to compliment the green eye lenses work well with the black? Blue seems to look swell with pic related

Pretty much finished on my Emperor's Children Moritat.

I need to get a better camera.

I want to paint Eldar to look like lacquered wood. Thinking of Basing Black, Washing v.dark brown and highlighting a v.dark red.
Painting 'Gold leaf' details and gloss varnishing.
How does that sound?

Might look a bit necron-y, I dunno.

might as well check if i fucked this up for future posting.

I need to make some plasma servitors to go with my Iron Hands Techmarine. I have plasma cannon sprues from my Devastator squad but little else. My initial thinking was snap fit cultists with the arms chopped off but I feel it might be lackluster.

The Techmarine miniatures are expensive so I'm tempted to call it a day on the Inquisition ones for the cost of £10 for two. They're slightly ugly though.

Has anyone had experiences with any kits or advise? I might one day along the line buy the breacher kit for assault centurions when I feel less guilty parting with £30. I guess that will have the torso and arm parts to make good conversions.

I'm doing mine inn the Nihilahk Dynasty scheme. It's just the right amount of flashy for robotic space Egyptians.

radical!

It's a much much better way of highlighting black if you have to have a great knowledge of colour.

Google massive voodoo painting the colour black for a decent guide (won't let me post link).

I recently picked up Imperial Knights Renegdae and want to magnetize
I want to magnetize it at the hips, the carapace weapon, and the arms
My issue is the arms
I am okay with only having one of each gun between the two of them because I don't want to deal with an absurd amount of small pieces, but I want the guns to be able to attach to either arm and to also magnetize all the melee weapons, so i can run any knight variant. My question is where should I magnetize the arms to achieve this, and what size of magnets should I use

Only suggestion would be to slow it down some.

Replicate the glossy clear coat finish from the Horus heresy masterclass strix Knight.

Make an entire army of walking new cars.

This. Also add some Barry White music.

Thanks !

Have pic related of my friends yiffers
Yeah i think i might set up some spinning contraption and just film it spinning to get something smoother next time.

Thank you I've been wanting to make good hills for awhile now

Could anyone recommend a source of tiny skulls for detailing. Tiny as in smaller than 1x1x1mm

Fucking heresy

you should try to GS your own. Pretty easy, and doing a number of them will be a great opportunity for practice. A couple in and you will have it down.

kek
agreed.
it was part of a joke i told while we were drinking, and they had just been assembled.
2 days later the fucker sends me that and i spilled my drink.

Hey, I tried something like that some time ago. Problem is file size and quality is shit.
Might as well make a webm.

painted this sweetie for a cheap commission
nothing fancy but I still enjoy the result

I appreciate that is a sensible solution for someone with the proper tools and skill, but the cost would be higher and quality much lower if I were to go that route.

please explain... (not the fellow you replied to)

i am slowly starting necrons as well and i decided on copper for the main body, dark blue for the armor plates, standard green for their glowing bits, and some gold/brass details for the high ranking guys

1*1*1 MM? At that point all you need is a tiny speck of greenstuff that you poke two holes in for eyesockets and paint white.

I am looking for professionally produced skulls because the jaw, teeth, and cranial details are necessary for the project.
Your description is also why I would not try it myself as it would end up a sphere with 2 indentations.

spikeybits.com/2015/10/magnetizing-a-knight-titan.html

Why

I don't think it was made for AoS at all to be entirely honest. Its design is much too grounded for that and isn't really consistent with the rest of their look.

They probably had the sculpt lying around from WHFB and only just put it out.

really nice job

get one of those mirrored turntables for doing the spinning thing easier

... What this shit is this project?

Dont know what else to add. Please help

More

Dakka

I don't know how to highlight but edge highlight just looks...off to me for Marines. Too blatant.

/wip/, I dare you to paint a unit from a non-space marine army in whatever chapter's colors you get from this chart.

B-but a warbuggy only has a twin linked rokkit launcha...

can i have a link to the previous thread?
im not sure where to look for it

Should line the bumper with teef like pic related. Beyond that, I'd say it's ready for paint.

have limited paints but I want to see what I get

Now thats a nice buggy.
I ran out of that teeth from the trukk kit, but ill see if i can make it, thanks.

Making an adolescent female.

The cost is water, tooth picks and Green Stuff.... easily a fraction of the cost of buying premade and I think you under estimate your skills (you have eye balls and fingers, yes?) and over estimate the "difficulty" of poking a round blob of GS into the basic shape of a skull.

A poor craftsman will blame his tools (or lack there of).
A quality craftsman will use the tools at hand and make you think they had all the "proper" tools all along.

Rolling.

Hope I get something cool.

That is correct.

his legs should be visible inside the cabin....

So I was working on my dread when I noticed that the coating I'd done over the silver base coat looked really good. That's some damn fine corrosion/rust for a regular brown paint.

Alright, guessing!

Soul Drinkers?

So my Thousand Sons have their bases done now, and as I was mentioning my Spiral Rock Tower earlier, I thought I'd give a little peak at it and have a bit of PS fun while at it.

Nope, I run my own chapter of My Dudes who have black, gold, and purple colors. They don't even really have a name aside from 'those purple bastards'.

Whenever I see joke armies or units like this all I can think of is "this person spent a lot of time and money on a shitty joke". It's like turbo man child.

Ironically, your comment is "like turbo man child."

Its gonna be black and dark in there when primed

Yeah, fuck people using their money how they like.

I have already acknowledged I am a poor craftsman .

Well, I am 19.

It's just sad seeing losers like this populate the hobby.

>no u
>Ironically calls someone a turbo man child
kek

I'm not saying they can't spend it however they want or that they can't do whatever they want.

I am as free as they are, and with that comes the ability to say "wow, that's really dumb".

When did the ability to do something make it free from judgement? Christ.

>:^)

But why do you care? The dude even said it was a gift about a joke that they made.

Rolling to see what chapter will provide a special guest for my space birds

Again, it is actually sad to see it populated by judgemental wankers like you. Those aren't my models, but why don't you focus on doing yours and sharing them here so we can judge you for "wasting" your own money on your own things?

You got the Celestial Lions, user!

And AGAIN the irony. You can express your opinion, but others cannot?

You're not the brightest 19 year old.

Ass status:
>Blasted

I humbly apologize for posting those yiffers

didnt mean to derail the thread like this

Why am I a turbo child? Or do you just "say things?" Is that your "thing?"

>Tell you about myself? Well, I am a wild card! You never know what I am going to say, or whether it will make sense! WILD CARD!

Oh right, I forgot you were an autistic kid. Sorry, you're dismissed.

Great! I have no blue paint and a single shade of gold.

May just give one guy a golden helmet and gauntlet as a gift from a celestial lion or something.

This actually isn't ironic.

My stance never was to work towards silencing people. Sure, I'm defending my position for some reason but I literally have no problem with you questioning my opinions or saying what I'm saying is dumb.

You sound like an immature adult or maybe a person in the care of a group home. Please make sure your PCA's remove the xacto knives from your room tonight.

>I humbly apologize for posting those yiffers
>didnt mean to derail the thread like this

Continues

put a pile of guns stacked up in the back

>:^)

I'm sorry you got butthurt when people called your plastic army guys dumb.

>butthurt is the only argument i have
underage

They aren't mine.
Are you one of those people that thinks its you and one other person on Veeky Forums?
There are 48 posters and 96 replies. Do the math.
>underage
He did admit he is 19. And then he apologized for derailing the thread by continuing to derail the thread.

>pointing out how angry you got at criticism means I am the immature one.