Previous thread: Pastebin: pastebin.com/vrqYhnpu

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=wexo2LD39Dk
pastebin.com/BfPh8U6N
pastebin.com/yyTKeQZB
names.pub/angel-names
fantasynamegenerators.com/code-names.php
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

I like this one. Good balance of mysterious powers and stat/ability balancing autism.

Best girl

Done.

HERE COMES A NEW CHALLENGER!
youtube.com/watch?v=wexo2LD39Dk

Character info & build: pastebin.com/BfPh8U6N
Story: pastebin.com/yyTKeQZB

took me long enough, hope this makes the cut

Odd. Personally, it bored me so much I didn't finish even one build for it.

I too love it.

There are newer versions of these.

I am now craving a CYOA involving a healthy farmer's daughter. Thanks a lot, user.

That's not newer, that's low-res and glued together.

Do you know what was changed? Yes, I was hoping to avoid reading through them all.

>I was hoping to avoid reading through them all.
This is generally the sign of a CYOA with length and presentation problems.

I generally get too lazy to reread one that Ive already done once just to figure out what changed and what effects itll actually have. Doesnt really matter to me the size of the thing. Thats why I appreciate change logs.

No, it's a sign of the fact that people don't like re-reading shit they've already read before, especially not when they have to do so with a critical eye and not just for fun.

I've already read all the individual ones. I just wanted to know if the 'newer' version was , instead of going through skimming for details myself.

What I usually do is open the old version and the new version in two different tabs and switch between them quickly. Not perfect but it helps to find some of the differences.

If it's small and well formatted, changes are easy to spot. Not bashing, so pls no bully.
Fair enough.

I refuse to re-read even one page CYOA after I've already read them.

They're newer and the same res as they were before I glued them together, but I can post the individual images if you prefer it.

I haven't read all of them either, but at a glance:
>Kukla
Two fewer soul etchings and eight new aura techniques.
>Cambiare
One new anomaly.
>Lilim
Five new augments, death grimoire swapped for a new tower grimoire.
>Fianna
Two new effects.

This cyoa is pretty creepy. I'm going to have nightmares now. I did like how all the jocks are no homo though.

Yeah, I was in that thread too. It awakened a hunger in me.

>If it's small and well formatted
>It's ... well formatted
Sure thing

I never understood how Lilim work, specifically the aging. Does society not notice they barely age? Don't they have to go to school? Aren't their families pretty prominent?

You're a rich kid, you can be home tutored easily and effectively.

Your family is part of a demon 'conspiracy'. They can easily hire people to run public relations with humans, while openly interacting with other demons when those are around.

I not even sure what you're being smug about, unless you're just jobbing to turn me on again, which is very appreciated. Are you saying that effective presentation is mostly absent in CYOAs? Then I agree. If you think that a solid presentation can't do wonders for seeing important information at a glance, and therefore make it easy to see what was changed, then I disagree.

If you mean something else, then you're going to have to go ahead and tell me, because I don't know what it is.

So my life consists of being home tutored and being hidden from public like a bunch of vampires? That's pretty shit.

You effectively are a bunch of vampires, yes. Just like a sneaky Ventrue with his business dealings. Only you're not infertile, reliant on blood, or burnt by the sun, so hey.

aristocrats don't mingle with the plebs. you probably hang around with other nobs who understand such matters.

There's just not much point being a himedere demon "princess" if I can't act all superior around my human classmates. I'll have to drop that build then.

I am trying to tell you that is a disorganized job.

Then we agree. Is there anything you want in return, or are you just forcing me to be in your sexual debt?

Well the Lilim, as far as their adventures in the city go, seem to be pushed towards actually interacting with normal people outside of their comfort zone, including other girls with powers. So you should be gathering a circle of friends to be himedere around.

Smug waifus have such punchable faces.

>six lotuses
Even with aura 6 you can only get max 4/5, depending on whether you interpret "until you've chosen a total of four abilities" to include aura 6 or not.

>RES:12
Max you can have in any stat is 11.

Something something hurting women something something shitty fetish.

I wouldn't hurt a fly in real life. Yet when I see a smug waifu I just want to wreck their face, then skullfuck that crying mess while I look down on them with a smug look on my face.

I don't know where these thoughts come from.

Male Kukla

Name:
> Anaiel Osaral aka Twilight Bird

names.pub/angel-names
fantasynamegenerators.com/code-names.php

Stat aug2.: + 2 LRN/MAG, -1STR
LifeAug3
Body Aug1

Dread Lotus: 4 (2)
Lilting Lotus: 3 (2)
Jade Lotus: 3 (5)
Hidden Lotus:1
Radiant Lotus: 1 (5)
Spectral Lotus: 1 (Does this let me pick four more or is there a '2.' missing? If the former see the parenthesis)

Talent 7: Programmer

Pink points(5):
Etching 4(4)
Etching 2(3)
Aura Focus (2)
Aura Beam(1)
Aura Collapse(0)

STR: 3
CON: 4
DEX: 9
AGI:11
INT:8
CHA:4
MAG:8
RES:11
LRN:10

Interesting.

Editing my post to reflect changes.

Please post your builds! I want to see what you guys pick and why.

Where does it say there's a restriction on the number of Auras you can take? I believe the spectral aura only refers to bonus ones. The Cyan stipulation only states that you can take one skill from each.

Ryona is an awful fetish. Unless the victim is a smug anime character. Then it's pretty hot.

It's okay, it's just sex thoughts. YOUR THOUGHTS ARE FREE.

>The Cyan stipulation only states that you can take one skill from each.
All of the auras are a single section, so you can either pick one Aura and get "sub-aura" 1-5 from that aura or take Aura 6 and get four "sub-auras" from the other auras, although you can't take "sub-aura" 1 for any of four.

>sexual debt
Actually, that's a new thought. That's pretty hot, actually.

The coin, The bag, The potion.
The coin to make money to buy shit.
The bag to hold all of my shit.
The potion because why the fuck not.

Radiant lotus it is then.

Lilim

stat aug 2:-1 cha
life aug 3: age 16
Body aug 2
Honored Family:+2 lrn
Blood Demon:+4 int
Bodyguard 2, good balance

body augment 2:+1 agl, mindfucking unlocked
social augment: greater autism unlocked
creative augment 1: telekinetic range 24 ft, max strength
false body: -1res, -2str, -2 agl, -1 lrn, 11 con and 3 respawns per day
Tower grimoire:Life

Str:3 (11 with mind)
Con:11
Dex:4
Agl:4
Int:11
Cha:2 (8 in public)
Mag:0
Res:0
Lrn:9

>Tower grimoire:Life
I dunno, this thing seems to give you so little bang for your buck, it'd be impossible to actually meaningfully prolong your life wit hit.

I have 11 int and 10000 years to figure it out. Also can do anything I want as long as there are 5 or less witnesses, have dat 11 str telekinesis, and can die 3 times a day with 0 consequences assuming I take enough of a beating to actually die at all.
Maybe I pair up with a magical girl and become the immortality broker or something.

You're saying that a CYOA not being small is a "problem", despite many people enjoying the fact that some CYOAs aren't small. That's bashing, m8.

Katherine "The Time Paradox" Kay

Female Lilim
Stat Augment: 2
Life Augment: 3, Age: 18
Body Augment: 3, Slender/Lither
Family Reputation: 2, Dignified
Demonic Heritage: 4, Blood Demon
Bodyguard: 2, Annique

Creative Augment 1
False Body, Counteracting the young-looking body from Life Grimoire.
Life Grimoire
Gate Grimoire
Knowledge Grimoire

STR: 5, 11 with Telekinesis.
CON: 11
DEX: 5
AGI: 6
INT: 11
CHA: 5
MAG: 0
RES: -3/8/0/0
LRN: 11

I'm pretty sure they're saying that being long AND poorly presented is a problem. That's clearly not the same thing.

No, since the problem can obviously appear even in a very well-formatted CYOA. Rereading a lot of text just to spot a few changes, no matter how appealing the text is in itself, is going to be a chore.

If you want to get really technical, I was saying that being long and poorly presented /causes/ a problem. But close enough, I guess.
>obviously
If it's so obvious, why don't you go an show that.
>reading a lot of text
That's the point; with the right presentation you don't need to do this.
>presentation is purely about being appealing
Oh, you just don't know your asshole from a hole in a ground. My mistake, as you were.

>That's the point; with the right presentation you don't need to do this.
Yes you do. Some CYOAs need a lot of text because they have a lot of content. Because some of us LIKE a lot of content. How else do you expect to get all that info across? A linked youtube video?

You're either bashing CYOAs without honestly thinking the situation through, or you're an idiot.

I require comfy cyoas

Is the SlutLife author here?

I do too but an user laughed at me when I started yelling comfy! comfy! comfy!

;-;

Anymore food related CYOAs? Looking to make one as practice, and wanted to see other ideas.

The Ring, The Stones, The Quill

IF the Stones work on others, then there's really no need for the coin. I'd be rich off of backalley sex changes. Even if I limited my clientele to protect myself, I could make a killing on one-time applications to the Chaz Bonos and Bruce Jenners of the world. Plus, masturbation.

The Quill would be tremendously useful in all aspects and manners of life. It wouldn't hurt my business, and seeing as I'm currently on track to go into law, I'd be untouchable.

The Ring because who wants to risk cancer?

I get your feeling. Whenever I work with a new hotshot graphic designer, they're stuck in this feeling that text is "just that thing that comes in blocks, and all I can really do is change the font".

I find that explaining the concept of "graphical text" goes a long way to getting them to internalize the idea that design is more than being likeable; function is involved.

Did you forget to subtract the 6 points for your body? I can't figure out what you did.

Well, to be fair that's not really in a graphic designers wheelhouse - thought they are pretty well-placed to catch up. The only reason it ends up on their plate is that a lot of writers don't have the faintest idea about how to present information either, and the lead doesn't have time to micromanage everything.

Usually, how receptive a new GD is to concepts like that help me identify early which ones are going to keep gaining skills, and which ones are just good for piecemeal grunt work until someone better comes along.

>"The Time Paradox"
Min-maxing.
-4 MAG & -2 LRN

>CHERRY SODA

Luck is the king of stats.

I got the flan with bonus. I'm literally immortal. THE BEST.

Yes.

Why are you such a degenerate?

Thanks kindly

Very few of the things in there are actually fetishes of mine.

Have you seriously never encountered a tl;dr text block-only CYOA? I'm sorry, but there is such a thing as doing it wrong.

>if I don't like it then it's wrong!
>no, it doesn't matter if others like it
Fuck off.

I was wondering if the roommates are affected by punishments that affect the whole room like the dominant pet or tentacles punishment.

Cola, so I can avoid sleep.

Fucking Demons how do they work
I was only asking cause your build is essentially the same as mine was.

You can mix and match shared and separate punishments for each roommate. Whole room/four hour punishments are the same.

So I can keep my futanari roommate/owner from getting doggy raped?

Yes.

Good, I'd have felt bad otherwise.

Also thanks for all the work you did on it.

Aha, so you're . My build is essentially the same as it was when I first saw the CYOA more than a year ago.

Of course. I wouldn't have spent 200+ hours and countless revisions and versions on it if I didn't like the original.

That being said, I wonder what CYOA has spent the most time being developed/updated.

That's the thing, I don't dislike it particular. But it simply isn't objectively capable of the things you can do with the same content, of the same length, presented more effectively.

I didn't invent this problem; other people brought it up and I just explained it.

Primary: Wrath
Level 1: Mind of Violence
Level 2: Gluttony
Level 3: Envy, Gluttony

Secondary: Envy
Level 2: Wrath, Gluttony (Boon)

Tertiary: Gluttony

Curses: Unknown, Vampire Curse
Boons: Playing Favorites, Specialty Versatility

Affect one city, eh? Lucky for me, and unfortunately for the rest of the world, I live near Washington DC. A little while of using Gluttony and Envy to make the politicians boil over, and it shouldn't be too hard to get World War III started. Then from the ashes, well, guess who gets to rise up and become a warlord. I'll lead my soldiers to conquer as wide an area as I can reasonably control, then starve my people, terrorize them, and subjugate them, until they just can't take it anymore. Then when the dust settles, I'll travel somewhere else, and do it all over again. And again.

Maybe that traveller cyoa?

You didn't explain anything, you just misunderstood what the issue is and gave a lazy and unhelpful suggestion. In this context there is no such thing as a more effective way to present it. The amount of information is what's stopping someone from going through everything again on the off chance that they'll spot something new.

It's not a problem, it's a limitation of the medium. It's never going away, because it can't. If you want that much information, then you need that much text.

Circe de Vigenère

Female Lilim
Stat Augment: 3 (+1 Int)
Life Augment 2, Age: 12
Body Augment 1, Girlish
Family Reputation 3, Honored Family
Demonic Heritage 1, Umber Demon
Bodyguard 3, Fianna

Focus Augment
Summoning Augment 3
Demon Claws
Life Grimoir
Knowledge Grimoir (2 Utility Spells)

STR: 5
CON: 6
DEX: 4
AGI: 6
INT: 7
CHA: 6, (7 in Demon Form)
MAG: 8, (11 in Demon Form)
RES: 0, (3 in Demon Form)
LRN: 11

Will provide magical support for minion souls. Some of us have Fianna bodyguards to feed.

Lilim
Stat Augment 3
Life Augment 2
Body Augment 3
Family Reputation 3
Demonic Heritage 3
Bodyguard 3
Body Augment 2
False Body
Demon Claws
Tower Grimoire - Knowledge
Tower Grimoire - Life

Stats
5 STR
11 CON
6 DEX
11 AGI
6 INT
4 CHA
5 MAG
0/11e RES
1/(6) LRN

With metallic claws and bones, incredible toughness and even the ability to "escape death" 3 times per day I'm like Wolverine in little girl form even before considering the healing magic from the Life grimoire. I also have incredible speed (gotta go fast), plus some lightning powers. Not to mention enhanced grace, beauty, and elegance. Plus I have neuralyzer eye powers.

The false body cost me my ability to learn effectively, so naturally the first thing they did was replace it with magic via the Knowledge grimiore. I'm using the utility spell option but the CYOA says nothing about what spells are available so I'm just going to leave that open.

With the Life grimiore I'll be fighting those evils, or mostly their minions, as a sort of Majokko-lite. Not that I really NEED to with a 10,000 year lifespan naturally, but I'd certainly regret not having the option when I make it to 9,999. As a bonus, I get to age up to 12 immediately on my second birthday rather slowly over 90 years. I have a Fianna bodyguard who is more than willing to help with this.

While my speed and toughness are unmatched, my strength and magic leave my offense lacking, and I'm very weak to magic. I mostly intend to stay away from the more dangerous Evils unless I happen to have some backup. Maybe I'll team up with a Majokko at some point? As long as they don't decide I'm an enemy instead with my demonic heritage, I'd stand little chance against magic like that.

What? They seemed to understand the issue, and didn't suggest anything.

>the rest of your post
There's a difference between raw data and information, guy. Like, I get that we all have our strengths and weaknesses but you don't have to be an asshole when you don't understand something.

There's a hard limit to how little text you need when presenting a given amount of information in a CYOA.

Sure, you could now say that you can do it with symbols or some other clever way, but that doesn't change anything. Someone going through the CYOA to spot changes is still going to have to pay attention to all of that too.

So no, there is no way to get around it. That's the difference between a problem and a limitation.

I don't think anyone's arguing against using text, user. Just using it intelligently. That's why things like tables and lists exist, and bolding certain words or making them a certain colour.

It's why we as humans invented the paragraph, the indent, diagrams and captions. I'm not really sure why this is so hard to accept for you.

I know of two pizza ones, and I know there was a mountain dew holy grail one several threads back but I can't find it.

No, the entire argument is about whether having a lot of information in a CYOA is a problem.

No matter what the efficiency of the presentation is, there is always going to be an amount of information that's so large it's going to become it tedious to go through again and again scanning for changes. That doesn't mean that kind of CYOA should be discouraged though, because some of us like it.

Understand? Or should I draw you a picture or something?

4 out of 5 builds are lilim. The other is an immortal Kukla. I guess Cambiare and Fianna are kind of shit, but I'm a bit surprised there's no Majokko.