/swg/ - Dark Lord of the Googly Edition

Post about X-Wing, Armada, FFG's Star Wars RPGs, d6, d20 (Saga), movies, shows, books, comics, vidya, lego, lore and everything else Star Wars related.

Previous Thread: →

Fantasy Flight Games’ X-Wing and Star Wars: Armada Miniatures Games
>pastebin.com/Wca6HvBB

Fantasy Flight Games’ Star Wars RPG System (EotE/AoR/FaD)
>pastebin.com/wCRBdus6
>mega.nz/#!DkNTDTyZ!PUupCOep4RmRcsgI3rNhU_Pk_xcyFbYWnhrq8gwrVv0

Other Fantasy Flight Games Star Wars Tabletop (Imperial Assault and the Star Wars LCG)
>pastebin.com/ZkpXpbJ1

Fantasy Flight Games Dice App (Works with X-Wing, Armada, the Star Wars RPG system and Imperial Assault)
>mediafire.com/download/64xy3uy6vepll8v/com.fantasyflightgames.swdice.ver.1.1.4.build.9.apk

Older Star Wars Tabletop (d6, d20/Saga, etc.)
>pastebin.com/wXP0LdyJ

Reference Materials & Misc. Resources
>pastebin.com/AGFFkSin

All Canon Novels and Comics (via /co/)
>mega.co.nz/#F!2R5kDTqQ!WfrDla-jvDIn05U57T9hhQ

Just What IS Canon Anyways?
>starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Canon#2014_reboot
>starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Timeline_of_canon_media

The Clone Wars Viewing Guide
>img.4plebs.org/boards/tg/image/1442/36/1442364889994.png

Writefaggotry
>pastebin.com/cJY5FK9T

Shipfag's hangar
>drive.google.com/folderview?id=0ByhAdnTlOKOeQnA4SFByUC1aQWM&usp=sharing

Other urls found in this thread:

fantasyflightgames.com/en/news/2016/5/10/forged-in-battle/
imgur.com/gallery/xzNhU
geordanr.github.io/xwing/?f=Rebel Alliance&d=v4!s!66:27,143:-1:25:;64:14:-1:25:;64:14:-1:25:;64:14:-1:25:;64:14:-1:25:;64:26:-1:25:&sn=Macross Missile Madness
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

>Shadow Caster Ship

>Mandalorian fighter Ship

>First Order Tie Special Forces

>ARC 170 Ship

Can't wait for wave 10

Where did you get this alleged release schedule?

I sincerely doubt th validity of that pic. Speficially because anyone with excel and 5mins of time could make a leak pic like that. I'm not saying that those releases aren't possible for Wave IX, but I won't believe it until FFG announces them.

Just reposting what i saw in the last thread

>not Googly Lord of the Sith

One job. One fucking job.

It is pretty believable, though. You know the Disney Overlords are going to push for more First Order things, and the Shadow Caster and Mandalorian fighter were recently featured in the shows.

Disney or Lucasfilm doesn't tell them anything dude. The ships they use are because they like them. The dev team loves Rebels.

How to fix the X-Wing in X Wing

Squadron Favorite
(Title. X-Wing only.)
When you equip this card, reduce your squadron points cost by 1 for each other ship with this card in your squadron, up to a maximum of 4.

Suddenly a Rookie Pilot is down to 17 points instead of 21, but only if you're fielding nothing but X Wings.

Only if they implement the same thing for TIE fighters to really encourage swarms.

TIE fighters have howlrunner and youngster and such to encourage swarms. The X-Wing is just tragically overcosted

It's not a swarm until you have 12 of them in a standard game.

>arc 170

Confirmed for fake as fuck

After getting five previews/announcements in 11 days, I'm getting kind of antsy for the final preview for the Imperial Assault Bespin wave, Bossk.

We already know the basics: 8 cost, 10 health, 4 speed, white defense +1 block, red/green ranged attack +2 accuracy +2 damage, surge for pierce 2, indiscriminate fire (choose a space within 3 spaces and roll a green die; everything on the targeted space or adjacent to it takes damage equal to the damage results and strain equal to the surge results), and regenerate (recover 2 damage and discard all harmful conditions at the end of every round).

But I want more about the command cards he comes with. And what does Headhunter do?

fantasyflightgames.com/en/news/2016/5/10/forged-in-battle/

Looks like we're getting a big guns book for AoR

>big guns
Please, oh please, let there be a stat block for a man-portable X-wing laser cannon.

Well, I'm hesitant to call it a 'military book' because that would mean I read through it giggling slightly too loud, then everyone gets nervous and moves away

It would be kind of cool to give us some artillery though and not that pussy, man portable shit either. Large bombs and shells big enough to at least write 'stick this up your robot arse Vader' or something on.

Youll just get that sattelite dish cannon

Rebel scum

>satellite dish cannon
We GDI now?

Ooga booga booga, where da Star Wars at?

A 16pt discount for running 4 X-Wings, one or two of which could easily be aces, is a bit much. Fixing something doesn't need to make it cheaper, and 4 Xs weren't bad before. Best fix IMO is to add a title that adds some kind of functionality.

SIENAR R&D DOES IT AGAIN!

The Clone Wars viewing guide doesn't have season 6. Is it worth watching?

Are force users balanced in AoR/EoTE/F&D?

I ask because one of my players wants to play one and I'm hesitant.

Yes.

The general vibe around here is that all of season 6 is worth watching

it's totally rage inducing but I actually think it looks slick

I just cannot allow this to exist in my headcannon.

What's the one other new ship design from the latest rogue squadron update?

Could you possibly elaborate? I'm new to running the system.

The "U-Wing". It looks like an aggressor and an X-Wing forgot their movable parts, and had a mutual rapefest in the back alley... And that's the result.

Getting drunk with a welding kit in a junkyard is standard Ugly engineering procedure

At the start their experience is split between to too many things, I've you get around 200 exp they become really balanced out and great all around. However at the same level your normal players will be rely experienced in what they do so they won't feel overshadowed.

Hardest part is dealing with inquisitors and overt use of the force without taking too much attention from the rest of the group. Something not that hard honestly.
Personally I just have a Kakao chat room for my force sensitive players to communicate with their holocron while others are doing other things. They learn about the force and their powers during time between sessions and then at the start of the session spend exp on what they learned.

Because of the way everything works, skill ranks, getting and improving powers, increasing force rating, essentially it's incredibly XP expensive to get to where most people see a typical Jedi Knight being; with something similar to Obi-Wan during the first 10 minutes or so of TPM, being equivalent to Knight Level play, which is 150xp, or about 10 sessions worth.

Basically because force-sensitives have more options of ways to grow, it generally stretches their xp spending out more than a non-force-sensitive might

Except this wasn't a junkyard...

But goddamn is it ugly.

Its growing on me

I think it should be called the ASS-Wing.

Other than the elongated ball cockpit I like the new design.

But seriously, no eye ball cockpit on a tie fighter? What type of heretical bullshit is this?

>inb4 bombers and Vader's Tie advanced
Note I said "fighters". And vader gets a pass.

The whole thing. Whole of season 6 is a must watch

Well, it's certainly a thing that exists. I don't really mind it because I swear it looks very familiar....
Okay, so it's QA again and I'm almost done with this Stackpole book. He's finally explained why the term Citizen is capitalized, as well as Patriot, which is pronounced as if it's a status and not just a descriptive.
So in Stackpole's little AU, not only was the Patriot Act an amendment to the constitution, there was an amendment that created a tiered social system. You've got nobodies (Ghosts, I think), immigrants (Guests), people who were born there but have to go do government service of some kind (Citizens), and SUPER citizens (Patriots).
Stackpole, why. Stackpole, no.
I mean, on the one hand, I can sort of think of this as a thought exercise of 'What would happen if there had been no calming influence after 9/11', but we're starting to go too far. Or rather, we probably already went too far and I've only now noticed the slope I'm tumbling down. Sigh, and it's a nice little murder mystery, too.

Sounds like you're reading some particular political position's Atlas Shrugged

Him, even worse than I had previously thought.
Guess your predilection towards badfic extends to actual published material

Sounds like a retarded take on the Starship Troopers concept of citizenship.

Force Powers are their own little talent trees, effectively. This means that, in order to do flashy shit, the character must invest a reasonable amount of XP, meaning they'll have fewer skill ranks or talents compared to any other character.

In addition, until they invest enough XP into certain talent trees, they will only be using one Force die (at least, in EoTE), which limits their capacity for being over the top.

I just recently started to build my first x wing army
Do you guys think I should buy t 70s and tie/f FO or the original t 65s and tie/f?

the FO is great. You could also go all regular tie and swarm it up with 8. it takes work to maneuver them properly though

Yeah I've noticed they have 1 shield point while the regular one doesn't, which is lore accurate
I'm kinda afraid of buying the new fighters and then finding someone to play against that have old ones and doesn't want to play because he would be in disadvantage

no such thing. everything is viable. some more than others but this is a skill based game. you can use the team that won last year and not win if your opponent out flies you

>the FO is great

Fuck yeah it is.

>Make the Galaxy Stable Again

How much ship do you think the Resistance and First Order need to be split as their own faction ?

I know the faction split was always planned but how long until we can see 5 real faction ?

Great
Thanks user

I guess 6 ship would be nice for splitting, I also can't wait for the split, it will really shake the meta.

>the Resistance's symbol is literally the Rebel Alliance's one with the colours inverted

I don't think I'll ever get over how silly it is.

really sets the tone for nucance- I mean nucanon, doesn't it?

Why do 'scum and villainy' use the Mando symbol?

I guess it's fair at this point because most Mandos have fucked off to become bounty hunters or mercenaries. Or are dead and the symbol co-opted.

Whichever.

>mando symbol in the center
>the cheese stands alone

Where the fuck is the Hapan faction?

It looks like a Phantom with the top wing cut off.

Wow I didn't know that that's really lame. Especially since you'd think the Mew republic would have taken that symbol

Posting googly eyes in a googly eye thread

They're gonna split them up?

good idea!

Buggering themselves.

Third time's the charm, dearie~

I don't think so, and are talking out of their asses. Would just unnecessarily limit builds.

What are the best ships to use in X-Wing if I want Macross level missile spam? Preferrably rebels.

3 Jumpmasters. Not even a joke.
TIE bomber spam also works, but isn't as good.

If you insist on Rebels, Miranda with guidance chimps, proton torps and extra munitions.

It mostly is because th mandolorians are mostly known for being independents in the grand scheme of things. As well as being Bounty Hunters and sell-swords.

It would be cool to see them expand the Scum and Villainy to include sub-faction symbols for the pirates and crime syndicates (e.g. Black Sun), but at this point they are all just lumped together under the Mandolorian skull. It works... more or less... Black Sun got it's pilots from pirate factions, and whoever they could pay. Which led to many pirates, mercenaries, and bounty hunters having Black Sun tattoos. Likewise there's nothing to say that a huge crime syndicate wouldn't hire a bunch or well known bounty hunters, or make a deal with a hutt cartel, to perform a darin raid on a Rebel/Imperial squadron.

A-Wings with proton rockets, you can fit 5 of them, or just take Miranda with Homing Missiles and a couple Green Squadron Pilots with PTL adn prockets

Y-Wings and B-Wings for rebels, mostly for Torpedoes and Extra Munitions. A-Wings and Z-95s work for "true" missiles, and lets you take shit like Cluster Missiles (which are actually good against low-evade ships).

Rebel missile carriers tend to be limited to one-shots, while the "big hogs" like the Bs, Ys and Ks have two Torp slots for Extra Munitions. Although the K-Wing is really more of a Rebel Punisher (general ordnance carrier), with a turret, a fuck-terrible dial, and the SLAM action (to help it with it's fuck-terrible dial).

That's the thing, it's not BAD bad, it's just that I see some of these elements as dealbreakers.

not him but it would expands builds. I mean look at the tournament results. There's like 3 choices for Empire & 2 for rebels....

FFG WILL split, it will make a much more breathing meta.
Only Scum got like 5 viable builds...

imgur.com/gallery/xzNhU

U-Wing

TiE Striker

Is it too much to ask for a game like Elite Dangerous, but set in the Star Wars universe?

>Make the Galaxy Stable Again
>by throwing into complete chaos... again

Yes. Why don't you do it?

Hoth Open Winner - Triple Jumpmaster
Runner-Up - Palp Aces (Whisper and Omega Leader)

Top 4
--Triple Jumpmasters
--Imp Aces (Vader + Soontir + Inquisitor, no Palp)

Top 8
--Palp Aces (Carnor Jax, Omega Leader, Wampa)
--Palp Aces (Whisper + Omega Leader)
--Palp Acrs (Vader + Inquisitor)
--Ghost and Poe (Chopper + R5-P9 Poe + PS 4 Z-95)

Jakku Open Winner - Palp Aces (Soontir + Inquisitor)

Endor Open Winner - Palp Aces (Onega Leader + Inquisitor + Wampa)

Regionals are a bit harder to track, but so far:
Independance Missouri Winner - Palp Ace (Echo + Inquisitor)
Runnerup - JM5k + G-1A + HWK (Tel Trvuara, Zuckuss, Palob)
Top 4 - Palp Aces (Vader + Soontir), and Miranda + 2 TLT Ys and a Z-95.

Kansas City - See Missouri Top-2

Chicago Winner - Crack-Swarm (Howler + Mauler + 3 Black Cracks)

Rochester Winner - 5 Crackshot A-Wings
Runnerup - Triple JM5k
Top 4 - Dual Ghost (two Lothal Rebels), and Dengar + Latts Razzi (JM5k+ YV).

Marietta GA Winner - Ghost + Biggs (Kanan)
Runnerup - Crackswarm (Howlrunner, 2 Omega Squadrons, 3 Blacks)
Top 4 - Dash and Miranda, Crack Swarm (see Runnerup).

Roanoke Virginia Winner - Palp Crack Swarm (Howl, Scourge, Wampa, Palmobile)
Runnerup - Palp Ace (Soontir + Valen Rudor!?)
Top 4 - Palp Ace (Soontir Fel + Inquisitor), and 4th place Paul Heaver 2x champion with Mini Swarm (Omega Leader, Carnor Jax, Inquisitor, and Academy Pilot).

And that's just a small sampling. The meta is ALL FUCKED UP right now. And it's awesome!!!

Not him but how does Palp Aces winning 75%+ all over a fucked up meta ? (the other 25% being mainly Tie swarms)
If anything the split will limit those things.

It wouldn't expand builds, it just cuts Poe and OL from the Rebel lists and forces Palp Aces back to 2+Shuttle instead of OL+Wampa.

So.. an empty game ?

Why loose time on this shit, elite is already only having +- 3K people online each month on average that is slowly degrading

Noob question, but when does the summer tournament season for X-Wing start?

For starters, the only definable constant in any Palp Ace list, is a shuttle (usually Omicron or Yorr), with Palatine on it. Take a good hard look at the spread of aces in those "Palp Ace" builds. You Inquisitor, Vader, Carnor Jax, Soontir Fel, Omega Leader, Wampa, Echo, Whisper... It's only a Palp Ace list in name alone, and in the preference for spending 29 pts (at least) on having the ability to modify one dice a turn to whatever they want.

Oh yeah, new data from last Saturday

Greenfield, Wisconsin, United States
May 14
Players: 70
Featured matches links: Youtube.com/BoardGameBarrister
Winner:
Imperial Aces -- Vader + adaptability + EU + title + ATC; Inquisitor + PtL + AT + title; Carnor Jax + PtL + Hull + AT
Runner-Up:
2 JM5k & Lizard friend -- Trandoshian Slaver + Zuckuss + 4lom + Dengar; 2x Scouts + deadeye + plasma + R4 + EM + GC

Top 4:
Biggs Stresshog and 2 Blues -- Biggs + R4D6 + IA; Gold + TLT + BTL-A4 + R3-A2; 2x Blue B-wing + FCS

Dash and Ghost -- Dash + PTL + Kanan + EU + outrider + HLC; Lothal Rebel + Han + Hera + FCS + Auto Blaster Turret

Top 8:
Brobots -- IG88B&D + HLC + crack shot + gliterstim + title + AT

Jake Por and Chuck Norris -- Jake + PtL + VI + proton Rockets + AT; Poe Dameron + VI + R5P9 + AT; Kyle Katarn + Auto blaster Turret + moldy crow + adaptability + Chewbacca

Biggs; 2x Blue Squadron; 2x Tala

Torkil Mux + TLT; Trando slaver + gunner + inertial dampeners + bossk + Zuckuss; Thug + TLT + Unhinged; Binarye pirate

There wasn't even a Palpatine in that list.

Fake as all fucking fuck

I wish this wasnt fake

True, but not bad guesses in places. TIE-SF seems pretty likely for wave 9 and we'll probably be getting the Mando Fighter AT SOME POINT, although maybe not Wave 9.

The U-Wing will probably pop up at some point as well, although unless Lucasarts were keeping FFG in the loop better than they were for TFA then I doubt we'll see that until wave 10.

>ARC-170

Yeah no. FFG will either give us a full clone wars starter set or not at all.

Rebelwise, FFG might be able to argue through the inclusion of the H-Wing since it's already in one of the books. But if that logic held any weight then we'd already have the Gunboats.

Personally, I'd like to see the T-Wing, Starchaser and Cloakshape.

Well, if/when the split comes presumably it will be representing different eras rather than five factions all playing each other. Resistance-Empire or First Order-Rebellion or, god forbid, Resistance-Rebellion wouldn't make much sense. FFG just needs to kill time until the new era is filled in more without losing out on potential sales coming from the TFA merch-wave so they've probably just thrown in the new factions with their original counterparts for the time being.

As a side note, I'm guessing it will eventually be New Republic-First Order versus the current state of affairs. By Ep VIII the NR is pretty much going to have to be involved in a full-blown war against the FO and will reabsorb or dwarf the Resistance's role.

They basically ARE the Rebel Alliance. When Leia saw that the New Republic was going to be a useless clusterfuck just like it's predecessor she specifically sought out and gathered together all her old Rebel buddies and they recruited a bunch of eager young soldiers and pilots who had grown up idolizing the Rebel Alliance. It's not a new faction simply inspired by the Alliance; it's basically them getting the band back together.

Chicks Dig BB-8.

>violating the Ep VIII NDA

Have fun getting fucked by Disney's lawyers

Businey Lawyers can't catch you if you're Anonymous and made of AIDS

geordanr.github.io/xwing/?f=Rebel Alliance&d=v4!s!66:27,143:-1:25:;64:14:-1:25:;64:14:-1:25:;64:14:-1:25:;64:14:-1:25:;64:26:-1:25:&sn=Macross Missile Madness

This is the most missile madness I ever crammed into a list, haven't played it in months but it used to do hilarious shit to large ship lists.

Fat K-wings: Good or bad idea?

The temptation to load the K Wing and Punisher up with upgrades can be overwhelming, but you absolutely must resist; it leads to nothing but pain. You should never put more than ten points worth of upgrades on either of them.

Sup, SWG. Had an Epic Game the other day, 300 points of Rebels vs. Imperials.

1/?: Imperial Forces. Note that the Punishers are proxies for Bombers, four of them codenamed 'Hammer Squadron.' and flying out of the Gozanti. There was also a TIE Defender with the /D title and an ion cannon, not pictured.

Rebel Forces 1/3: Luke and Han

Rebel Forces 2/3: Dash and a Ghost

Rebel Forces 3/3: "Baka Squadron"

"Hammer Leader, checking in." "Hammer two, checking in."

Sadly, I didn't get any other pictures from the game, since I was too busy playing the Empire and the game was short. Two TIE bombers popped out of the Gozanti and slammed the Ghost with 11 damage from Cluster Missiles(Guidance chips+Ordinance Experts+Captain Jonus=never miss), the Gozanti plowed into the Z-95s and wrecked their formation before turning and crunching the Falcon while the Empire hadn't lost anything but a pair of Bombers, so after the Ghost, Falcon, and half the Z-95s were gone we called it a game.