Young Demon Familar Quest 5

previous: suptg.thisisnotatrueending.com/archive/47188062/
Char Sheet: pastebin.com/gccDj2ef

You know, I used to look up at this castle wondering what was inside of it, and...it's actually pretty wonderful, at least when Iris' Mom isn't out and about. She's what I thought lived in the woods when I was younger and, well human. Every time I meet her, I feel like I'm going to end up dead again or worse. I sigh and scratch around my horns as I hear the television playing in the room I was just thrown out of like a cat. My neck's still aching from being grabbed like that, and I would be mad, but I have a feeling she could like read my mind or something with her weird....brausr powers.

Still, it's pretty rude to just toss someone out of a room like that. And I'm pretty sure...uh Iris' "father"...wasn't she called Maria? Yeah I'm pretty sure that's her name agrees with me since I heard her Scolding Lady Layla about it.

I look back at the wooden door, and frown as I slowly push my hair out of my eyes. I wonder if she'd let me back in if I just walked back inside? I mean...despite how she looks and has acted so far, she seems like she's pretty nice and motherly when she's around family. And I do really want to meet Iris' other mother.

Also, judging from muffled voices I can hear, Karla is also in there, watching tv. So I'm pretty sure I'd be safe to go back into that room, but...still just looking at that door gives me a sense of dread that makes my wings feel like they're about to curl up. I really don't like being around the Brausr thought...she scares me.

I continue staring up at the rather out of place plain and undecorated door, looking at my reflection in the brass handle before.

"Mali?" Iris asks, nearly making me jump out of my skin in surprise "oh don't tell me mom threw you out, I was sure she'd warm up to you by now"

"Well, she did" I say meekly as I look up at my master, trying to force myself to pull up my borrowed and far to big
cont

Pajama pants, even though every time they touch my skin it feels like I'm rubbing sand paper on myself.

"Oh don't be so down about it" Iris says as she ruffles my hair with her wings, smiling sweetly as her glasses fall down the bridge of her nose "She's probably just doing it to scare you anyways, she...does that some times"

"Well she's doing a good job of it so far" I sigh as I look back at the door, talking quietly so she can't hear me "Er, do you think this has anything to do with me asking about your aunts?"

Iris' eyes go fuzzy and she stops for a second, tilting her head slowly, like a clock ticking.

"Maybe" She says flatly as she pushes her glasses up, as her smile slowly droops down "I wouldn't know, never knew them, but you knew that didn't you Mali?"

"So..sorry for asking around about that" I say turning away, twirling a lock of my blood red hair around one of my fingers, as I start to feel bored and dull again, and some urges start creeping up into my heart and head

"Oh, I'm the last person you'd need to apologize for that" Iris says, trying to sound happy, a tone of voice I'm very familiar with "Honestly I'm probably more curious than you are about them"

"Well, you can't you just ask about that?" I ask, glancing back at her as I lick my teeth with my far, far too long tongue

"Yeah I have, but, problem is all of my siblings have different answer about them" Iris sighs, wrapping her wings around herself like a blanket "Karla says Marla was brave and true, Jasmine was as sweet as wine, and Elizabeth was...like vera, Mizuki says Marla was a bit dull and strict, Jasmine too harsh, and Elizabeth a "kindered" spirit whatever than means, Vera says Marla was like herself wild and free from inhibitions, any inhibitions, and Jasmine was a lot like Karla, which would explain why she speaks so favorably about her actually, and Elizabeth just had a bit too much passion, Alex would always point out how wrong Vera was, saying Marla was Honorable

and controlled"

Iris smirks and giggles

"Kind of like how he tries to act, and Jasmine was..again like Karla except somehow, more polite which I don't think could be possible, and Elizabeth inherited the family's stain, Honestly I just want to know what they're really like, and everytime I ask I get a thousand different questions"

I open my mouth and Iris holds up her ha...er wing

"And before you suggest it, I have asked my mom a few times, She isn't very descriptive about it, and dad, well she just describes them with characters from those shows she and Mizuki love so much" Iris says, frowning deeper as her voice turns a little sour

What do I say?
[]Well, I hope we'll meet them someday, but...I got to go do...some demony things, so see ya!
[] Can..we go watch what they're watching
[] Why are you over her anyways? is it one of those...movie night things you told me about today?
[]Stain, that sounds more like something Mizu...well actually he does talk funny like her sometimes to
[] Soooo, is there something you need me to do ?
[] How'd they meet anyways? and..how did they have...all of you, eheheh
[] Well, I don't want to be around your mother right now...Can we go to town? I'm a little bored to be honest
[] Can I see that rude book?
[] write in

Ignore shitposters, or suffer my curse

>[] How'd they meet anyways? and..how did they have...all of you, eheheh

>[] Soooo, is there something you need me to do ?
>[] Can I see that rude book?

>[] Well, I don't want to be around your mother right now...Can we go to town? I'm a little bored to be honest

>[] Why are you over her anyways? is it one of those...movie night things you told me about today?
>[] Can..we go watch what they're watching

>[] Why are you over her anyways? is it one of those...movie night things you told me about today?
>[] Can..we go watch what they're watching

[] How'd they meet anyways? and..how did they have...all of you, eheheh

"How'd your mothers meet anyways?" I ask, stepping away from the door, just in case they can hear me in there "and...how did they er...have all of you, ehehe"

"Well that's a strange question, why you curious about how it worked out?" Iris says happily, smirking as she unfolds one of her wings just enough to cover her mouth

"Yes actually, well not like that...just how it happened" I say, shrugging as I glance at the door, just to be sure it isn't about to open wide "I mean I don't know much about that sort of stuff, but I'm pretty sure it can't happen between two girls"

"Well it did, they don't know either, and dad just says it was because their love was pure, which honestly doesn't make sense" Iris says, shrugging her shoulders a bit as she moves her wings back around herself

"Ahhh" I say nodding "So it's kind of like me staying me then? just some kind of miracle?"

"Well, I wouldn't call myself a miracle" Iris says, turning her back to me as she starts back down the hall away from me "But that's actually pretty apt, considering how they met"

"I'm guessing it wasn't the usual love at first sight business then?" I ask, jogging to catch up to her, as I fold my wings around myself, imitating her

"..Well, sort of" She says tilting her head and sighing "They don't really talk about how they met much, besides they loved eachother, and were in a school for killers and assassins, actually, they just don't talk about why they were there, though their stories tend to be a bit....different"

What do I say?
[] how so?
[] Why did they fall for eachother anyways?
[] Can we change the subject, I'm starting to have those sort of thoughts again
[] I imagine they would be...so do you have a job for me, or are we just going to do nothing today
[] Hey wanna practice magic?
[] Write in

>[] how so?
>[] Why did they fall for eachother anyways?
>[] Hey wanna practice magic?

>[] how so?

>[] how so?

>[] Can we change the subject, I'm starting to have those sort of thoughts again
>[] I imagine they would be...so do you have a job for me, or are we just going to do nothing today

>[] how so?
>[] I imagine they would be...so do you have a job for me, or are we just going to do nothing today

"How so?" I ask, looking up at my master as she stops at the end of the hall and looks up at the rafters, squinting her eyes.

"Well, they have different ways of describing things, and sometimes leave things out" She says frowning "It makes it a real pain from a documenting perspective, when the person you're asking blushes whenever they get to a part in a story where they kiss, or tapers off the second violence starts to come up, or starts to go into a little too much detail, But their stories never clash, they just...miss a few piece sometimes"

"Even the story of how they fell for eachother?" I ask as I start to feel...excited again, my heart beating faster and faster as my head gets fuzzy and filled with various thoughts, many of which don't work together or not in any good way at least

"Nooope, it was Halloween and Mom wanted to get some guy or another to leave them alone, so she said they were a thing and...well one thing led to another, and Dad got a pet cat as she says" Iris says happily "Why are you so curious anyways?"

"H..hey wanna practice our magic?" I ask turning away, crossing all four of my arms over myself

"Haaa" Iris groans, flapping her wings "Well, of course I do...but there's a bit of a problem with how I want to do it?"

What do I do?
[] ask if it has to do with the snake pie
[] It's really simple, it just makes food is all, good food to
[] Ask her where the pet cat came from
[] Maybe I should just do more demony things
[] Don't tell me
[] Well...you tell me what we need to do, and I'll do it, you are my master after all
[] write in

>[] It's really simple, it just makes food is all, good food to

>[] Don't tell me
>[] Well...you tell me what we need to do, and I'll do it, you are my master after all

>[] ask if it has to do with the snake pie
>[] Well...you tell me what we need to do, and I'll do it, you are my master after all

>[] Ask her where the pet cat came from
>[] Maybe I should just do more demony things

"But it's really simple, it just makes food, and good food at that" I say smiling, trying not to remember what else it does to things, covering my mouth on reflex

"Well, that's one use of it, but it also replaces things with food" Iris says, curling her fingers over the edges of her wings "leaving something in its place, seems pretty simple as well, but when done on a living subject, it gets a bit more confusing, you know Mali?"

"Does this have to do with what happened to the snake pie?" I whimper, biting down on two of my thumbs at once "I really don't want to see something like that again"

"Unfortunattly" she says softly "it just that you described it differently from everything else you turned into food with our magic, which has made me dangeously curious to be honest, did you simply grow food inside of it? or was it just a slower process than the rest...so yes I want to find out more about it and train, but...we need to be able to repeat this, and there isn't anyway to do that without repeating the same process...look mali, if you don't want to do it, I can just forget about it, I'm sure it'll come up eventually anyway"

"No...no, you tell me what we need to do, and I'll do it" I say flatly, as I feel a freezing cold swirling around in my stomach "You're my master after all"

"Now I feel horrible about asking this in the first place" She says sadly "But maybe there's someway we can find to make it easier on you?"

"Hopefully" I say cheerfully "there usually is right"

Iris chuckles nervously and turns away from me

"Well, I'm sure there's things that this world could do without" Iris says flatly, trying to hide something in the pitch of her voice, as it cracks, and she suddenly sounds pretty nervous
cont

What do I do?
[] head out to the city
[] Try and figure something out with iris
[] Find if Alex knows something I could test it on
[] Try and convince Vera to bring a beast for me to use our magic on
[] Seek Mizuki's help
[] Ask Karla if she has any idea
[] Ask Layla and Maria
[] write in

>[] Try and convince Vera to bring a beast for me to use our magic on

>[] Try and figure something out with iris

>[] Find if Alex knows something I could test it on

>[] Seek Mizuki's help

>[] Seek Mizuki's help

I nod, and reluctantly start moving my legs, walking away from Iris as she slumps over the railing with a long drawn out sigh. Well this is...bad, really...really bad, I'm going to have to do this aren't I? I mean I'm sure there's some way out of this, I mean there's always is in the stories right? The hero never has to...then again I'm not a hero am I? I'm just a girl who ended up like this, with magic and a much shorter body than before, filled with urges I didn't even know existed.

I sigh and open my eyes back up as I start to hop down the stairs, smiling as I watch one of the maids working for Iris' family skitter away from me, nearly tripping over her skirt and giving me a show. I wince and smack myself on the horns, trying to force that thought out of my head, but all I do is make myself feel a bit dizzy with a slightly throbbing sting under my skin.

Wait, I blink as I suddenly find my out of this horrible choice. I could just use my magic on a beast, that way no one would get hurt right? But...beasts are only in the forest and...I don't like how it looks, it just gives me the heebie jeebies.

"No no" I mutter to myself as I slowly walk to the door leading out of the castle and into Brausrburge proper.

"No no what?" Vera asks teasingly as she grabs my wings, nearly lifting me up by them "Did lil sis give you an impossible task or something little demony?"

"Er, Well yes and no, it's just that...well I don't know how to do the task without...being a bad person" I say slowly as I try and pull my wings free from her hands, but she lets go and bends around in front of me, grinning as she looks down at me with her back bent in an impossible angle

"And why would you care about that?" She asks "Everyone is bad someway or another...oh I get it, you don't wanna turn some poor fellah into a cake, is that it?"

"Of course I don't, who would?" I ask angrily as Vera cartwheels away from me, stretching as she gets back onto her feet

cont

"Mizuuuuuki" Vera says tilting her head back and forth in odd angles, like she's snapping her neck with each movement "But that's a given, shame there's no devilishly beautiful kitty to help you find prey, shame shame"

"You know where to find beasts right?" I ask, walking up to her as she glances back at me, and smirks impishly "Do you think you could find me one, so me and Iris can practice on it"

"Dangerous...dangerous" She says slowly licking her fangs, her ears twitching back and forth as she takes a long step to me, nearly stepping over me "I could easily find you a nasty sort of thing, buuuuut there's no fun in that now is there....how about me and you make deal, demons like doing that right?"

"From the two I've met, yes...yes we do" I say sadly, wrapping my wings and arms around myself again "So what do you want? a piece of the cake"

"I prefer blood to frosting thank you, but see there are three things I'd love to see you do" She says, crouching down with a cat like look in her eyes, like she's about to pounce on top of me

"Haaa" I groan, turning away from her so I don't end up staring

"The first is helping my dear twin, there's a bit of a trouble in the bad parts of town and...well he's a bit too well known to deal with it" She says raising a finger "a bunch of nasty things dealing in terrible things, pretty much beasts when you look at it"

I shiver and try to say something, but she presses her thumb on my mouth, as she raises a second finger, staring into my eyes seriously

"Second, is find me a demon to hunt, it seems sporting does it not?" She says, biting her lips as she sounds a little two excited "And third...well you hunt the beast with me, and we get to know eachother a bit, little demony"

What do I choose
[] refuse the bargain
[] Help Alex with "Work"
[] Find a demon
[] Be used as bait
[]write in

>[] Be used as bait

>[] Be used as bait

>[] Be used as bait
Sounds fun, honestly.

>[] Be used as bait

>[] Be used as bait
Anything dumb enough to take the bait deserves to be made into a pastry, I say.

>[] Be used as bait

>[] Be used as bait

"The third, the third!!" I shout quickly, shaking my head quickly as Vera frowns "I really don't want to have anything to do with the other ones"

"Haaa, guess I've should've expected this" She pouts, puffing her cheeks out as she flicks me between the horns "Still such a nice girl under all of this, well maybe this will change that, sorry"

"Eh?" I ask as she smiles putting her hand around my neck "How will hunting a beast change anything"

"Oh, because you're going to be the bait" She says grinning widely as her red eyes glow brightly

"Eh?" I ask, suddenly not feeling so sure of my choice as she presses her fingers a little tigher around my neck, wrapping her other arm around my shoulder as she giggles

"Yep, a rather nasty brute has gone and made its home outside of town, and well it only comes out to eat up lil girls like yourself" she says, moving her hand up to rub the tip of my nose as I stare at her, my mouth open in shock "Hey, don't look like that, imagine you're a knight keeping the other farmers safe or something, now come on"

"Fine" I say smiling "How bad could it be anyways with you there?"

"Exactly!" She shouts happily
_

In the haunted woods outside of Brausrburge, a few minutes later
_
Okay it can be very bad. I look around at the shadows and over grown brambles all around me, trying to hold my pajama's up higher as they get caught on vines and thorns, nearly getting ripped off of me as I walk along.

Well at least I'm not cold, but that's because my blood simply won't cool down.

I bite my lip and look around the wall of trees and grass taller than myself.

Where'd she go anyways?

What do I do?
[] Hide somewhere 1d100
[] Curse Vera
[] Use my magic to make a safe place 1d20+potential
[] Just walk along, humming to myself 1d100
[] "Cook" some brambles to try and calm myself down 1d20+ potential
[] run in a panic 1d20+agility
[] fly up into the tree tops
[] sit down and wait
[] write in

Rolled 5 (1d20)

>[] Curse Vera
>[] Use my magic to make a safe place 1d20+potential

Rolled 65 (1d100)

>[] Curse Vera
>[] Just walk along, humming to myself 1d100

Rolled 2 (1d20)

>[] Curse Vera
>[] "Cook" some brambles to try and calm myself down 1d20+ potential

Rolled 33 (1d100)

Rolled 8 (1d20)

Rolled 5 (1d20)

>[] run in a panic 1d20+agility

Rolled 80 (1d100)

Rolled 14 (1d20)

>[] Curse Vera

Take out cursing Vera from my vote. Not really feeling it anymore.

Oh don't tell me she left me out here. She wouldn't do something like that right? I mean I'm her little sisters friend and familar, she wouldn't just abandon me like this right? Yeah I just need to wait and I'm sure she'll show herself sooner or later, there's nothing to worry about, I'm sure of it.

I smile and look around, standing in place for a few seconds, as I start to feel so many, many eyes staring at me hungrily and curiously, I know I do, but I can't see anything through all of this grass, and trees...oh so many tall and horrifying looking trees.

I force myself to smile, and hold my hands out as I hear something rustling around me, as golden orange light pours out of my hands and pools around me, slowly forming a safe sort of cubby for me to hide in. The light hardens into a hard, almost stone like material, in a kind of ovalish square shape with a hole just big enough for me to hide in.

I sit down in it and smile, It's perfect to keep me safe, now I just need to wait here, and everything will be alright
_
five minutes later
_

Wh..what was that noise? I whimper as I crawl out of my hiding place and try to get a look around. Something snaps behind me, and I shriek, and run forward, past a wall of brambles that cuts into my borrowed clothes a I run past it.

Dammit vera, where are you, I hope you're happy, why are you doing this. I hope you catch a cold or something, you damn...whhhhy.

I keep running, slowly slowing down to a walking pace as I realize I'm not being chased by a giant monster, with several rows of teeth. I sigh and slap myself for being an idiot, and...where's my safe place. Oh forget it, I'll find the beast like this easier anyways.

I start to walk along, humming to myself to keep calm, my legs and lower arms shaking as I go along.

roll 1d20+ agility

Rolled 6 (1d20)

Rolled 15 (1d20)

Rolled 14 (1d20)

Rolled 20 (1d20)

Rolled 20 (1d20)

Huh.

shiiiiieeeeeetttt
We dodged the fuck out of that one

NAT 40!

Rolled 1 (1d20)

Huehuehue

Where am I? this place is too dark for me to make anything out. I don't know if I ran for a few seconds or minutes. I'm lost and I'm surrounded by trees blocking my vision and the sun, and bushes taller than me hiding who knows what, covered in wicked thorns the size of thumbs.

I keep walking, going slower with each step, as the air grows colder but I still stay as hot as ever. My hair catches on a branch, and I turn to pull it free, or break the branch whatever comes first.

And then I feel something tightening around my leg
_
20+20= NAT 40 crit= Hellish!
_

I pull my leg back, barely getting my foot out of the vine wrapping around it as it flies into the air. I glance up and see a boulder dropping towards me. I lean back and flip out of the way, only catching myself because of my extra arms.

I hold myself close to the ground, wincing as I feel thorns stabbing into my feet and hands. I flap my wings, lifting myself up without stabbing my bare hands and feet with the thorns and rocks under them.

Gently touching my toes down, I look at the trap that almost caught me and

"Huuuur haaa huuur haaaanrrrrrrrrrr" A low, moaning sort of noise comes from behind me, as I feel warm and sticky breath on the back of my neck.

Oh...well this isn't good now is it

What do I do?
[] RUUUUUUN 1d20+agility
[] Swing my cleaver at it 1d100
[] Grab it's arm with my tongue 1d100
[] Flap my wings and fly away 1d20+agility
[] Try to push it over 1d20+Str
[]Slash it with my tongue, aiming high 1d100
[] Use one of my magics 1d20+potential
[] Figure out a cunning trick 1d20+guile
[] write in

Rolled 93 (1d100)

>[]Slash it with my tongue, aiming high 1d100

Rolled 42 (1d100)

>[] Grab it's arm with my tongue 1d100

Rolled 11 (1d20)

>[] Flap my wings and fly away 1d20+agility

Rolled 45 (1d100)

>[] Grab it's arm with my tongue 1d100

Rolled 76 (1d100)

[]Slash it with my tongue, aiming high 1d100

Rolled 71 (1d100)

>[]Slash it with my tongue, aiming high 1d100

Rolled 14 (1d20)

>[] Figure out a cunning trick 1d20+guile

and yet, despite screaming at myself to run, I twist around with a silly grin on my face as I open my mouth and let my long lavender tongue roll out. Why am I feeling so excited all of a sudden? must be the adrenaline pumping through my veins.

I see a goat's skull sitting on a large furry thing with blackened, soot covered hands and knife like claws. It growls an opens its mouth, thick spit and dirt rolling past its yellowed and red stained teeth. My tongue whips around as it tries to bite down on my head.

It slaps into it's face, slicing over its green eyes like a blade, cutting them open and leaving a small groove through its skull helmet.

The thing roars in pain, snapping its jaws shut an inch from my face as it clutches its eyes, blood pooling in its skulls as it whimpers. I smirk and it pulls its hand away, carving through its skull as it makes a noise like a cat hissing, except much deeper and growling.

Its blackened claws reach for me, as I smell it, and tastes its blood. It smells like sweat and rotting meat, mostly sweat, and not in the fun, after work out way, but like putrid sweat condensed.

It giggles, and begins to drool again

What do I do?
[] run past it 1d20+agility
[] Create a wall between me and it 1d20+ potential
[] Spit salt into its eye 1d20+potential
[] Use my magic some other 1d20+potential
[] Try and force its arm back 1d20+str
[] Throw my cleaver at it 1d100
[] Whip it with my tongue again 1d100
[]grab it's arms with my lower ones, and try to hit its wrist with my cleaver 1d100
[] VERAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!
[] write in

Rolled 59 (1d100)

>[]Slash it with my tongue, aiming high

Rolled 18 (1d20)

>[] Create a wall between me and it 1d20+ potential

Rolled 45 (1d100)

>[]grab it's arms with my lower ones, and try to hit its wrist with my cleaver 1d100
>[] VERAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!

Rolled 5 (1d100)

>[]grab it's arms with my lower ones, and try to hit its wrist with my cleaver 1d100

Rolled 8 (1d20)

Rolled 14 (1d20)

[] Spit salt into its eye 1d20+potential

Rolled 1 (1d20)

>[] Spit salt into its eye

Rolled 13 (1d20)

I raise my hands up, formulas and measurements running out of my veins as golden orange light flows out of my palm. A wall starts to build itself in front of me, brick by brick. The beast tilts its head curiously as the wall builds itself up, and makes it vanish behind it. Though I can still see large tufts of its ink black fur sticking out from its neck and past my wall.

I sigh and smirk, this should by me a few seconds to....why is my wall falling. A whimper escapes my lips as I see the monster push the wall down with a claw, grinning widely as it continues to drool.

And then it waves at me, before it slowly starts to crawl over the wall. My stomach goes cold, and every bone and muscle in me screams to run.

"VERAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!" I scream as I stumble away from the monster, making it howl in laughter as it leaps down in front of me.

NO NO NO NO NOOOOoooo, get away from me.

What do I do?
[] Scurry away
[] Spend *not burn* a point of demonic favor to tap into your demonic instincts
[] Vomit sugar on it 1d20+potential
[] Slam my cleaver through its skull 1d100
[] Distract it 1d20+guile
[] Try to trip it with my tongue 1d100
[] Make a crude shield 1d20+potential
[] write in

Rolled 71 (1d100)

>[] Try to trip it with my tongue 1d100

Rolled 9 (1d100)

>[] Slam my cleaver through its skull 1d100

Rolled 1 (1d20)

>[X] Vomit sugar on it 1d20+potential

Rolled 85 (1d100)

>[] Spend *not burn* a point of demonic favor to tap into your demonic instincts
It better not burn.

Rolled 19 (1d20)

>[] Vomit sugar on it 1d20+potential

Rolled 2 (1d20)

>[] write in
salt crystal caltrops

Rolled 24 (1d100)

Rolled 91 (1d100)

Rolled 70 (1d100)

Great going jackass.

I open my mouth, and just end up coughing up fluffy pink clouds, gasping for air as I scramble up and vomit sugar all of the floor. The beast tilts its head and grins sickly, swinging its claws at me as it takes another step towards me, still cackling far too humanly.

I shriek in pain as I feel a burning across my cheek and close my eyes. I stumble back, and taste something musty that tastes like old leather.

There's a yowl and a thud, and I open my eyes to see the monster on the floor, with my tongue rolled around its leg.

it growls at me, its eyes bleeding as it tries to crawl over to me, raking its claws through the dirt.

What do I do?
[] Dig my tongue into it's leg 1d100
[] Smack it with my cleaver 1d100
[] pull my tongue away as quickly as I can 1d100
[] Make chains hold it down 1d20+potential
[] Try and turn its claws into chocolate 1d20+potential
[] write in

Rolled 8 (1d20)

>[] Try and turn its claws into chocolate 1d20+potential

Rolled 50 (1d100)

[] pull my tongue away as quickly as I can 1d100
[] Make chains hold it down 1d20+potential