Warmahordes general

everyone is salty about changes edition (especially skorne)

Warmachine/Hordes Books, No Quarter, & IKRPG
textuploader com / 5wm4h
PP Youtube (gameplay tutorials, tournament coverage, and announcements)
youtube.com/user/PrivateerPressPrime
List building at
forwardkommander.com
schlaf.github.io/whac_online/whac.html
Latest Errata
privateerpress.com/files/WM MKII Rules Errata Jan 2016.pdf
Steamroller Rules
privateerpress.com/organized-play/steamroller-tournaments
The Giant List of Podcasts and Blogs
privateerpressforums.com/showthread.php?76379-Warmachine-Hordes-related-blogs-websites-and-forums
Table of contents for all NQ issues
privateerpressforums.com/showthread.php?4313-Table-Of-Contents-For-All-No-Quarter-Issues
Abridged Lore
gargantuans abridged:pastebin.com/XPKMKYUc
Exigence abridged: pastebin.com/6D1fwSgv
devastation abridged: pastebin.com/KxkzfnXj

Lexicanum Iron Kingdoms Lore wiki:
warmachine.lexicanum.com/wiki/Main_Page

Other urls found in this thread:

privateerpressforums.com/showthread.php?251132-OFFICIAL-Insider-05-17-2016-Jason-Soles-Jack-Marshal-Overview&p=3520397&viewfull=1#post3520397
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Deathjack
Nightmare
Mortenebra
Karchev

Please!

JM insider is up.

Yes, these are the most imporant spoilt to be spoiled

Third for Circle battlebox deceptively good, Cygnar battle box overtly good and Khador battlebox for being breddy ok

Protectorate battlegroup is pretty shitty.

And the Skorne battlebox being garbage.

I love this gondola

Dominar Rasheth card....please...

if you have the power, show off the fat man

donnez nous le Prime Conflux svp!

I'm loving the fuck out of all these changes so far. Especially looking forward to run pDenny with some nodes and 2 units of both Carrion Thralls and Satyxis Gunslinger goodness!

If based french bro is arround, id love to see my boy scaverous or mortenabra

Any news on wether barathrum recieved a bond?

If they removed the requirement for star attacks to be on weapons to use them on the charge, might not be shit

So how are the Legion players feeling about losing the Ravagore's Cont. Fire animus?

carrion are crap.

seriously gains prowl .. only when completely in terrain. try stuffing 10 of those goddamn birds in your average WM tree patch. good luck with that shit.

I wonder how the los pistoleros will compete with them since they right now have the same role in eskarre

They are old 5 points for 10 models and can move up to 19 inches a turn which cloggs enemies.
Prowl is irrelevant, so is the cma and everything, They run up, stop enemies from shooting. Like Satyxis. But cheaper.

But it says right there did not run or fail a charge.......

So what the fuck?

Do marshaled jacks still get essentially one free focus like they did before or are they only getting the new options?

Because aim + boost to damage is better than aim + 2 to damage roll

Well that changes things.
They are shit.

I still think they're good. Cryx can still buf/debuff like a boss. Plus they're dirt cheap.

I think it will largely depend on the jack. The Redeemer with +2 to it's damage, along with the choir buff is going to be sick nasty

Neutral. I'll have to play a few with the new Ravagore before I can make an informed opinion on it.

On the flip side Typhon buffs and new new caster are pretty sweet. I really want to try her with Hex Hunters and Warspears.

I just want to send a flock of birds after my opponents wounded pieces, even power 7 hurts when there's 4d6 attached to it.
And that's without even bothering with Parasite and other possible shenanigans.

Looks like they're only getting the new options. I think you'll only see ranged jacks taken when they have access to power booster. Or when their drive is real good. Gun mages might be stupid with the ranged damage one.

How many can you get in btb? That's the problem. McThralls were good because they had 2 attacks per one dude so you had a bunch of attacks per 2-3 models.
Finisher doesn't mean much when it's base power 7 is more or less 11, 1 attack per crow. They are very fast, can survive the strike, but the question is why take them at all? What role do they perform really?

They are cool, but I don't feel I'll ever need to buy them.
And they are expensive af and I'm a poorfag student who already has mechanithralls.

anyone got a breakdown of all the leaks in regards to new units and shit?

They actually look pretty disgusting with Agatha. Feat gives them Stealth and Ghost Walk, Parasite helps everyone. Plink some damage on a couple of jacks or cav or heavy infantry. Or just rush the flank and threaten the back line.

Kills mechanics, choir, junior casters, warlock attachments, etc etc.

While P+S 7 is laughable, with charge+CRA and their high speed they can run up the side of the table and remove an army's support pieces. Sure, it's not a lot of damage, but you can really harry their movements with the birds. Also, for extra fun, you can just surround their warnoun and try to trigger free strikes/block LOS/block shooting etc etc. For 5 points (in mk2 money) it's not bad.

Glad I didn't order the skorne box yet.

Savage is garbage, raider is super garbage, gladiator is same as always. The caster looks like a gimped pmorghoul with an extra point of fury, he's fun in battle boxes because of not having beast handlers but in any real game you don't need his ability. He's only mat 6 which means his witch mark laughable. Mortality is def nice because it can be cast by marketh. With cyclops losing armor and titans losing def, how often are beasts surviving to use psycho surgery on?

Well they already have Prowl and Flight so it isn't as good as it would be on some other units. I can see their uses, but man, they cost 80$

Seems like the occasional hunter or defender heavy shot is going to be SOL. Reliants and Grenadiers, though... +2 pow to all AoE damage, not just one target.

In general it seems like they wanted boosting rolls to be a magic thing, not a martial thing. I could be wrong, that's just what I've noticed so far. Also keep in mind that at least two marshals in mk2 have power booster.

I could see maybe them ganging and knocking out a wounded light, even eating through a parasite'd heavy would be tough.

I just want to paint them like parrots

His feat is fucking bonkers though.

>his
this is clearly morghouls waifu, user

Skorne is just trannies anyway

The feat is good but you're not going to win the game off the back of one defensive feat. It's useful if fighting hordes and you bring some agonizers to force frenzies.

Defensive feats in Skorne are always good, and his is one of the best.

I mean, fuck forcing frenzies, an Agonizer means your front line is +3DEF/+5 ARM against melee attacks, which is one of the best defensive feats in the entire game.

And some of his stuff looks wonky, but I'm curious how it goes. Flare makes him MAT8, and boosting a hit to land mortality without having to roll for it is basically a better Future Sight.

Deadweight seems stupid until you consider Marketh again, having Marketh fuck with their heavies and the like can be some pretty effective denial.

80$ for 2 full units is a pretty regular price right?
At least I don't feel forced to spend 200$ for 30 Bane Knights anymore.
I'd kill for plastics though...

Raider is still a solo hunter, at least. I think where people took solo-hunting raiders (the Zaals) they are going to be using their mandatory beast points tax to take solo-hunting Canonneers, though.

Ho Damn. I did not know their paper money price. That's kinda steep. Any chance that was in Canadian or AUS? As far as the other stuff, ghost walk would allow them to ignore free strikes and they wouldn't have to be in terrain to get stealth

Q:
>Since the Insider touches upon both power-up and journeymen warcasters, I'd like to ask if warjacks under control of a journeyman/novice warcaster will still benefit from power-up.

>Also, does power booster work in combination with marshalled jacks?

A:
>Yes a journeyman warcaster's warjacks get to power up while in their journeyman's control range.
>And yes, Empower works on marshalled jacks.

T.thats good right?

MoW kovnik has Drive: Assault and Desperate Pace: MoW for 5 points.

I can totally see giving him a destroyer or decimator.

I fucked up. I thought it was 80$ for 10, someone said it was that much on the PP forum, or so I think.
40 for 10 is actually ok, might get them if the money comes.

Says here they're €33 for me, so I think it's $80 for 2 boxes.

do jack marshalls still get psuedo focus?

Holy shit. That sounds incredible.

Assault on a Decimator sounds disgusting. That's like three full attacks, and with Crush that's 4. At POW20.

For people with access to it yeah.

I'm trying to sort out if this is really good for mercs or not.

>Empower

=power-up?

So, does Helynna + 3 Arcanists finally make the Hydra usable outside of Force Wall?

It can hit its max RNG/POW with the Force Cannon with barely any effort now, just two Arcanists sitting nearby. Under essentially S&P that can be quite a threat.

No, it's the new name for power booster, IIRC

No, it's the ability that allows a solo to give you a free focus. See the Khadoran Koldun Lord

You only shoot once when assaulting, and you can't shoot while in melee, so it wouldn't work like that.

What the decimator can do is aim, shoot at rat 6 and pow 17, then take a second shot at rat 6 pow 17, triggering beat back off both. Or it can do a rat 4 assault and a charge at mat 9. Or it can make two swings at mat 7 and P+S 19, the second of which gets to benefit from sustained attack.

It seems pretty legit if your caster is full on jacks already and doesn't have BG spells.

Yeah ret shooting got fucking scary and people are just now catching on.

No, it's the new word for Power Booster

Assault ignores the in melee restriction

Are we sure Assault only allows a single shot?

Well shit. I bet pseudo-focus is gone which will really suck for my gun mage UA + mule duo. No more crits.

Yes, crush wouldn't give you a charge so you're not assaulting. You don't get to make 2 ranged attacks and then 2 melee with crush because you don't trigger assault.

It does in mk2.

Even outside gun mage UA mules awkward with the changes...

Drive: Assault is pointless with rat 4.

Unless you've got a way to give it free charges without using Hurry!, all the assault means is you get a free shot you will miss with. Rat 4 unboostable shots do not hit anything.

So I'd take the MoW kovnik if the caster has boundless charge, then give him a destroyer. The decimator shouldn't be on him because it needs to buy 3 to make use of sustained attack. I'd also use the rager with the kovnik, because it runs and charges for free already.

Source?

Because that sounds too good to be true.

Well less crits but pow 10 on the AOE damage

privateerpressforums.com/showthread.php?251132-OFFICIAL-Insider-05-17-2016-Jason-Soles-Jack-Marshal-Overview&p=3520397&viewfull=1#post3520397

>Even outside gun mage UA mules awkward with the changes...

What do you mean? Mule is basically unchanged, I hope he gets a point drop and will still be playable. I just have to decide where to put him..ash, gun mages or gastone.

Depends on the jack and what he does with it,

Destroyer doesn't really give a shit about hitting. Neither does the Demolisher.

Anything that the destroyer wants to charge is going to laugh off blast damage. It absolutely cares.

He actually got a point drop and gained the reliable trait that the rover and nomad both have

Unless you just assault a tightly clumped high def unit to clear them.

Fukkin sweet.

MK3: MoWmachine

Ok what the fuck is a wall template?

stormwall places them instead of a round template for covering fire now.

>He actually got a point drop and gained the reliable trait that the rover and nomad both have

That is great! 7 [old] points sounds like a steal.

That's not too good. That's the bare minimum to make MOW playable unless they got base SPD 5 which they probably didn't.

the rectangle wall template from in the rulebooks

Yeah nomad and mangler got a pow boost to 18, a points drop and the mangler got aggressive

It's quite a time to be Mercs

It just means that if they're SPD 4 you have to pay the Kovnik tax.

On an advance or charge desperate pace: 2" would be equivalent to them being SPD 6, on a run equivalent to SPD 5.

But, yeah. SPD 5 would be baller.

>the rectangle wall template from in the rulebooks
but don't you see the problem. you can't end your movement in a wall. so how do you take a hit from ending your activation in a wall?

can someone sum up the devil dog changes?

Mule has a big Crit on it's gun. Boosting to hit raises the chances of a crit by a good bit. Under Ashlynn (whom apparently hasn't changed) the combination greatly increases chance to crit.

The new JM rules don't have anything with additional die to hit.

The gain Mules make with the new rules is +2 to blast damage when aiming.

It's a wall-shaped template for the attack, not an actual wall.

Wall template is different from a wall.

It's not a terrain piece, it's just the same shape:

See Razor Wall on Axis for an example.

A wall template is not the same thing as a linear obstacle.

A wall template is just a standardized shape.

Nets went from a melee weapon to a range weapon, AOE3. As it's only Range 4, it's basically an auto knockdown.

Their picks got dismantle instead of trash, which gives them an extra damage die against warjacks. No more having to knock a model down to hurt it.

So they either have a range game against anything(knock it down first and then pump it full of Slug Gun shots) or charging weaponmasters against warjacks.

Also, Sam picked up Reposition 5" as her drive, which seems incredibly good.

Jack marshaling with a drive needs to be strictly better than a warjack with 1 focus, and right now I'm not sure they are. Each of the +2s is worse than a boost, with it only being relevant for ones with multiple attacks or an aoe.

Granted I don't exactly think anyone's going to marshal a warjack that doesn't have at least two initials

Not every warjack is going to want to be driven, but some of them already look like they're going to love it.

I guess I forgot the Legion beasts.

thanks m8 the text was really straining my eyes

Nobody really cared about Legion anyway

Why does it need to be better? I mean, with jack marshal also handing out one focus via Power Up, it seems the Drive is more in competition with battlegroup spells than everything else.
Then again, maybe I'm missing something.

Dismantle is additional die against constructs, not just 'jacks.

Whoops, yea, that's much better.

Haha, they made them better against Convergence. I guess it fits the fluff.

Do you have a source that power up works with jack marshals?

Your making a mistake with power up. Power up requires being in a battlegroup.

rip in peace shredders

see . I don't know if it's true, but it seems pretty reasonable and would be in line with the other stuff.

khador got more than just the juggie did it? i've only found that one