drive.google.com/file/d/0B1qb0_OLhDrDNjZmRG02SDFaRVk/view

>Last Thread

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=SHevn5JqVfw
youtube.com/watch?v=nCVNwGdBHFk
youtube.com/watch?v=1NnyVc8r2SM
youtube.com/watch?v=duMfz2nAyDw
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Oh, didn't realise it was WIP. It does look a bit barebones, but it has all the basic layout.

Huh. I can't find it on the gdrive. Not in WIP, not in Completed. So here's my local copy.

Oh god it's .Hack all over again.

So if someone just up and GIVES you their soul, what're you supposed to do with it?

Turn it into a weapon, if they were badass enough.
Or pop it for 50% of +1 Str.

Lllloooook at you, h-h-hacker-Oh, wait, that's Shodan/System Shock, my bad.
Sacrifice it to Great Cthulhu. of course.

.hack//sign had an amazing soundtrack. That's more than half the reason I watched the show, honestly.

youtube.com/watch?v=SHevn5JqVfw

Or SAO. Gotta level up dem cooking skills for the Waifuing.

Crunch it and add it to a salad. Maybe make a weapon out of it, but even if it would make a good weapon it would likely just end up sitting around in my collection.

Use it as leverage to make them my servant.

It's really bad, though. I mean, Jesus, look at some of the perks. "You can actually use more than one skill at once." Thanks, that's really worth a capstone. What is a subclass, anyway? Huh, do I hear crickets? Oh well. Let's see... You can use skills in different ways than intended." Man, what a relief. It's not like that's what the second fucking arc is about. Major Guild Leader, Nobility, and Royalty are totally each distinct enough to be worth filling three out of your twelve slots for perks.

I wish we had a Jumpmaker who actually read the light novels and knew the setting well enough to make something good.

I animate a Doll body from Nechronica with it, and adopt them.
At least long enough to get them back on their feet.

Not the WIP maker, but I'm curious. What would you like to see in a Log Horizon jump? What suggestions for one would you give?

Not that user, but I would like to see meaningful perks. Lvl 90 could be a similar perk to Lvl 100 in Overlord and would include the items that high level players have that are "unavailable" to lower level player who did not obtain them before the apocalypse. The ability to use the system to equip items that were made post apocalypse would be a nice perk too.

thats why its a WiP. More to the point its an old WiP

and why I am waiting to get the time to read the LN. I also specifically said that if some thinks they could do a good job they were entirely capable of going ahead and making their own with my blessing back in December

Look at the moment i'm busy working on fluffing out Gundam Seed, and would like to actually finish Dynasty Warriors if I can get a chance to play the latest game. So if you would like read the books and make a jump.

In Overlord does being a lvl 100 magic caster increase your actual intelligence at all?

Honestly, what I'd like to see is no People of the Land background. I'd like to see four different backgrounds focusing on players - Drop-In based around the people who just joined like Minori and Tohya, one for Crafting players, one for Raiding players, and one for Social players and/or Shiroe-type manipulators. I'd like for the perks to actually feel like things you'd see in the show, rather than just random silliness and things you could already do just by being part of the world. I'd also like to see the descriptions of the races and classes used to flesh out the flavor of the world rather than just shorthand and "go check the wiki."

You see this would have been helpful to have been suggested a year ago when I was actively brainstorming for the project.

The quickest way to a person's heart is through their stomach.

-Year 19 DLC 2: The Blind Ork Shooter - +500CP
Team: Slagshifta Brothers
Items: Red Paint (50T), Comfertable Bitz (225T), Boarding Plank X2 (50T), Sloggin' Powah X2 (50T), Shoota X4 (200T), Big Fat Tires (50T), Flamer X2 (200T), Oil Slick X5 (250T), Bigga Fuel Tank (75T), Extra Armer (50T), Red Paint (50T), Rokkit Boostas X2 (150T), Dokkin' Bitz (100T)
Boys: Shootas X4 (300T), Burna Boy X2 (200T), Weirdboyz X4 (200T), Painboy (100T), Mekboy (150T)
Vehicles: War Buggy X2 (100T), Wartrakk X2 (200T), Wartrakk Skorcha (200T)
Ship Upgrade: Skullkrusha Mega-Cannon

99% sure I suggested this or something similar when the WIP was first published.

With that system Dual Class could be a capstone for the Raid Player origin, preferably one from the came category like Priest/Druid or Summoner/Sorcerer.

Yeah, it used to be super easy to find the soundtrack online until Sony, I think it's Sony who owns it, went on a DRM tear and started taking it down from everywhere.

I know they aren't the best games, and lord knows there's probably too many of them, but I loved those games all the same.

170. Worm
Origin: Drop-In, Age: 17
Perks: Outside Context Problem, No Such Thing as Collateral (-100), Blending In (-150), Meh I can Take You (-300), Spanner in the Works (-300)
Gear: Worm, Costume (-50)
Full Line Up (-300)
Drawbacks: On the Radar (+200)

Chimmy: Villain, Soft Physics
Falco: Villain, Inference Engine
Roberta: Villain, Sting
Ko'el: Villain, Sensorium
SoB: Villain, Imaginary Form
Asriel: Villain, Topography Manipulation
Isaac: Villain, Reverse Engineering
Toby: Villain, Assimilation, Cauldron Vials (-300)

There are dozens of times while reading this that I thought to myself "And here is how my jumper would change that", but honestly, most of the events are worth stopping well before they happen. I just have to fight the Simurgh at Canberra, dismantle the Slaughterhouse Nine (Bonesaw gets help, Burnscar gets separated from her shard and therapy), keep Mouse Protector safe, make sure Dragon and Armsmaster get together, separate Noelle from her shard, get the Travellers home, make sure Foil and Parian get together, out the corruption in the Protectorate without causing the downfall of superheroes in general, help Eidolon come to terms with how his power works and what it's done, and find a date for prom. I am not going to prom alone again this year. I have phenomenal cosmic power, it shouldn't be this hard to ask a guy out.

A lot of other story's shifted because of these actions. I made sure to keep certain character's safe, though. Specifically, I mean. I took Panacea under my wing and helped her with a lot of her hang-ups. Taylor still ended up a warlord, it was just mostly spent fighting other gangs than the Slaughterhouse Nine. Theo got saved from his family.

The death toll for the Leviathan fight was less than 10%, and those were mostly people Armsmaster let die, which I called him out for alongside Taylor. I did let the actual city itself drown, just not the people. The damage wasn't that different from canon, actually.

If I were to either hope or lobby for an unfinished game as a jump, I'd go with Star Citizen. Sure, there isn't much to anything for a story but I love the ship design.

If you did, then I missed it because its not in my notes. But its in there now.

Isn't choosing a power for the jumper 400?

Any chance we're actually going to see something come from this? Because now I'm finally feeling a little bit of hope. Please don't crush it.

Also, Battleborn is better anyway.

As I mentioned earlier I really like opportunity to sit down and read the books, and that means getting the books and the time to read them, which isn't easy for me.
If no one makes the jump in the interim I will eventually finish what I'm working on.

I loves me some Gearbox, and while I would love to see a next gen Borderlands I'm glad they aren't going the way of the annual release.

Is BB any good?

I didn't take a power, but:

>Parahuman (Roll 1d12 for power category, then 1d8 for power. 200cp to choose either category, or the power within a rolled category, 400cp to choose power. Optional):
means you are correct.

Choosing for companions is forfeiting free CP, so I just rolled for one of them to get some Cauldron Vials. Those are strictly Toby's to hand out how he sees fit, so they should see some use among the crew of the Kerykeion and Light of Terra, and maybe to friends he makes in jumps. He doesn't see a reason to give me one, though.

>Full Line Up (300cp): You may import up to 8 companions, each one gaining an origin for free, including their associated freebies. Beyond this they have an additional 300cp to spend, but in all other aspects function as the Cape import above. They may forfeit the free cp to instead choose a power rather than rolling. If you wish you may purchase this multiple times, each purchase letting you import another 8 companions.

-Year 23 DLC 4: I've been Working - +500CP
Clan: Makurtu Gabe
Doomtrain: Leviathan-class cab
Encounters: [15] Calm before the storm, [23] Broken Land 4, [34] Pyrocane +8, [62] Refugee Convoy, [25] Breakdown -3, [53] Dust Storm -2
Supplies: 17 left

>I'm glad they aren't going the way of the annual release.
So am I. They need to wait for a fresh crop of dank memes to mature before they start fermenting them into a delicious Border Beverage.
Stale memes are only good as a garnish.

Oh right sorry, I got Full Line Up and Complete Arsenal mixed up, not sure how I managed that.

No worries. Thanks for checking my math.

It's great. Excellent cast of characters, decent gameplay, and the ever-coveted co-op story mode I wish Overwatch had.

ISIC would make an excellent Companion, for one thing.

youtube.com/watch?v=nCVNwGdBHFk

>ISIC would make an excellent Companion
It's beautiful...

You know who you are, I imagine.

But what MAKES you who you are? Of all your experiences, of all your tendencies, of all the little pieces that make up your Jumper, which do you consider the "core" pieces, the most important ones?

Let me slap on my name here for a few minutes to be all official.

So, this is a rather rough, early version of the Arcanum Jump. It's just to show those who were excited about it what direction I'm taking things. It's also to make sure I'm not heading in a direction that people will wildly hate, because I did switch things up a little bit.

Is there a perk out there that would stop the butterfly effect from making your mere presence in a setting disrupt the Rube Goldberg of fate that is needed for many plots to function?

My complete disregard for morality and ethics in the name of personal power, simply so I don't have to sit and bind myself to the rules of others anymore. This combined with my utterly negative self-worth is probably the biggest reason why I've managed to doom many worlds in the name of 'my people.'

Still doesn't mean I'm ever going to stop.

ALL. HAIL.

Belka please go.

I don't think so, but the Game of Shadows perk from Sherlock Holmes could help you control it.

I don't know of any specific ones, but luck perks should at least help in avoiding accidentally dooming the setting if it'd doom you as well.

E.g. Genforge has a luck perk (literally named "Luck"), which includes the line "events tend to turn out better".

_No.

I am too buzzed to competently answer questions, but I'll try anyhow.
My desire for friends and family is one of the parts that I started with, and hasn't changed. I recently moved away from my family, and being the eldest of a rather large gaggle of sisters when I started my chain, and I was lonely.
Having met met my Starter/Wife, and Soulmerging with them as time went on, we became the center of a enormous family of companions. And now I dote on companions like they're my children/little sisters.
The act of doing these things keeps me grounded. Especially in the face of another of personality traits.
I like to mess with people.
I like to confound people.
I like the look of incredulity as context breaks down around them.

Which can be dangerous for lategame jumpers, so, soulsynced waifu keeps my head on my shoulders. I try to keep the cuh-razy for when we need it.

I'm a little more than buzzed...
Imma go to sleep. See y'all tomorrow!

Looking good so far.

Goodnight, sleep tight, don't let the bedbugs bite.

Looking good to me. Can’t wait to see how it shapes up.

Down with the Technocracy!

>races
>wiki entries
Please tell me this isn't going to be part of the final Jump. Please?

Jane Doe here with the latest update to my Dinotopia WIP. Looking for comments and critiques.

>the feeling you get when there's only one thing left to add but you can't for the life of you think of what it should be.

Comments:

>You may as well have fallen out of the sky for all you know what's going on. You find yourself in your Body-Mod form
Wording it like that makes me think that I’ve lost access to my other alt forms. Is that the case, or are you just trying to say that we don’t have a form granted by this jump for this jump? If the that is the case, perhaps change the wording to state that the jumper arrives in whatever form he or she left his or her last jump in.

>Races:
Personal preference, but I hate when jump docs link me to sites outside of that doc in order to read about the jump. Might not be a big issue for some folk, but I know we do get people who have shitty connections who download things on wifi to read and fiddle with while they’re out and about.

>Backgrounds:
There are a fuckton of these. Not a bad thing, just a comment that you’ve put some work into that and that you’re going to have a lot to update and balance.

>Perks and Items:
Not much to say without seeing more

>Drawbacks:
Given that No Longer Exempt and Locked Away are doing similar things, kinda, they should have some relationship in pricing / rewards.

Interested to see what you do with this.

Destiny seems far more powerful then the other capstones, basically a nerfed PTV, and should be reduced or changed. I Hope You Choke On It is the opposite, in that it's got much less use then the other capstones, not including the PTV-lite. That one should probably be made to be something stronger.

>Personal preference, but I hate when jump docs link me to sites outside of that doc in order to read about the jump.
Agreed. And it's a PITA when six months later the linked site is 404 and new jumpers are up shit creek without a paddle.

Oh, no, absolutely not. They're just placeholders for the moment.

In order:
1. The wording is indeed a little rough on it, but no, you don't lose access to anything, you just don't get a Race and Background.
2. See above.
3. True, but I just couldn't ignore the ton of Backgrounds the game itself had. Some of them were just too much fun. I wasn't planning on giving away too much in the way of stats though.
4. Yep, true.
5. Both of those are pretty much placeholders at this point, but I agree.

Thanks guys.

>One Raindrop Raises the Sea
So, just being pedantic here, the way its worded it sounds like your reputation, as an absolute value, is tied to whether or not you solo things. Does that mean that if you solo something on a Monday you're a hero, and then if you work with a group on Tuesday you're forgotten? I doubt that's what you're going for, but I want to be clear. If you're not going for that, maybe you could tease the wording such that your reputation /increases/ based off of group size and that working with a group will not ipso facto hurt your aggregate fame / reputation because of this skill.

>I Hope You Choke On It
This is the weakest capstone out of the bunch. I'm not familiar with the property, and it sounds like you're channeling something specific here, but measured against the other capstones it feels a bit meh.

All in all, this is solid. There's a bit too much white space in it for my tastes, I like jumps that are a bit more compact, but outside of that and the comments above this seems pretty neat.

Good job, Jane.

Adding to what that other user said, you could bump up the other capstones to match Destiny.

I think it'd be better to bump Destiny down. Dinotopia isn't a series on the level of something like Worm, it makes no sense to be giving perks on that level out.

>maybe you could tease the wording such that your reputation /increases/ based off of group size
That makes it the opposite and hurts solo.

Looks pretty good to me so far.

Though I guess I'd say don't forget that the inverse applies to Magic versus Technology as well, although most people don't usually see it.
But I remember playing through the game, if your tech score was high, your magic would be really weak.
I ALSO remember walking through the Vendigroth Ruins as a high end magic character and actually taking periodic damage every couple rounds just because of the high end tech that was everywhere, which made it probably the most dangerous area in the game for me. It was actually an unsettling experience, what with my ridiculous magical powerhouse that nuked everything up to that point.

Sorry, I worded that wrong. I meant to say that it can only increase if you solo something, but not decrease because you work with a group.

After watching The Flash I thing I've come to realize that Super Speed is the best power ever. From the perspective of a speedster everything is in slow motion, or at least they think and react so quickly that it might as well be. If someone tried to blow up an entire city to kill you, you could simply outrun the blast! Seriously with the exception of other speedsters they have to make up reasons why he can't just speed blitz everything just just to give Barry any challenge.

>From the perspective of a speedster everything is in slow motion... they have to make up reasons why he can't just speed blitz everything

You just reminded me of this.

>the best power ever
youtube.com/watch?v=1NnyVc8r2SM

I was planning to use the Vendigroth Ruins as one of the starting locations, and I was going to make a note there about the extremely advanced tech actually interfering with magic. But you're right, I am going to need to clarify that moving forwards. Technology interfering with magic just doesn't get much screen time, even when you're playing a high tech character like I was. Except for healing spells not working on you. That's what I remember more than anything else.

That scene is a joy.

And now you know the only reason why Manyfist made that jump.

This is exactly what I am talking about, how do you ever beat that? and he was being gentle, at that speed he could have easily just shoved his finger through heir skulls if he wanted to!

Oh get off it idiot. We have plenty of series that give super speed to some extent.

I thought it was so that he could be his own vibrator.

Doesn't disprove my point, ding-dong.

Why do you think they put him on a bus after that scene?

>outrunning the blast
user, I thought you were serious about being a speedster.
youtube.com/watch?v=duMfz2nAyDw

Now that was funny.
I am talking with the caps for jumpers, that being said both Speedster and Omega Super Speed (the two strongest speed perks) have soft caps that would be even softer if you took both.

>pic related
And nothing's said for the fact that the human brain's not built to comprehend that degree of information being rushed into them.

Comic science, ladies and gentlemen.

God that scene is my favorite part of the movie.

So... from these five panels, are we meant to infer that Deathstroke is a speedster even better than the Flash, so long as the former stands in one place? Or is that what you meant by "make up reasons", i.e. the writers pulled Deathstroke's move out of their ass?

The detonation velocity of C5 plastique, if it's similar to C4, would be (roughly) 8km/sec or about Mach 23 at STP, and Deathstroke manages to move his sword from his front right across to his left and then reverses it to impale Wally behind him in the time (probably under a millisecond) it takes for the plastique to finish exploding. Wally is apparently fast enough to evade the explosions but not the sword.

What user means is that comics are inconsistent and bullshit.

Speedforce son. Heightens one's perceptions and reflexes to match one's speed.

Like all speedsters, Flash moves at the speed of plot. Don't bother with the math. Having said that, was a fun read.

If light seemed frozen could you even see anything at all? Fucking Speed Force, how does it work?

I disagree, Destiny is worse than Pact to Victory, and costs more. If you make it worse, it'll be kind of bad for a capstone. And what do you mean it isn't on the 'level'? Most of the Perk in Worm are about leading and commanding people, not powerlevel shit.

You know, it's stupid when fukken Shonen Manga - even with it's stupid levels of escalation - somehow stays more consistent than the Big Two.

Likely something stupid about needing to move your eyes into the light to see.

Destiny was meant to just give you a top-level mental checklist. I can play with the wording to reflect that.

For One Raindrop, I definitely see the need for clarification on that. I feel like the only way to buff Choke is to either make it a general regen perk or shorten the time it takes to regrow a limb. And it's funny, I was told that a previous edition was too cramped.

I see Dinotopia as a low-power, low-to-mid-danger Jump that would be good for the beginning of a Chain, and I was trying to keep perks and such low-key to reflect that.

Thank you all for your help.

>Good job, Jane
>pic related mfw

Speed Force is always the answer.

Especially after Kevin Smith's episode which reveals the Speed Force is actually sentient and can make you see shit.

Nothing wrong with making a Jump because you want something from the setting as long as everything else is interesting. Aside from Vigilante being weak and It Was Me being 300 CP worth of drawback with a 600 CP price tag, I feel like Arrowverse fits that nicely.

It's essentially the same as the Path to Victory power offered in the Worm jump. It's far superior to any of the other capstones.

If it was meant to be that then yeah, would appreciate a rewording.

>yfw at least one Jump was made just so there could be a specific Drawback

Can’t… resist… the ears.

>You know, it's stupid when fukken Shonen Manga - even with it's stupid levels of escalation - somehow stays more consistent than the Big Two
Except not really because Shonen manga is one series written by one author whereas big 2 characters are usually in multiple series at a time written by multiple authors and have had numerous different incarnations and writers over the past 50+ years. Consistency over that time period or just between multiple writers in general is practically impossible.

>I feel like the only way to buff Choke is to either make it a general regen perk or shorten the time it takes to regrow a limb.
Like said, I don't know the property but I don't think that'd be a bad way to go at all. Just make it a good regen perk, as its a capstone.

>And it's funny, I was told that a previous edition was too cramped.
Eh, there's a balance and I can be nitpicky about those things. My biggest gripe in that respect would be the pages where you're only using a quarter of the page and the rest is blank. Lots of unnecessary scrolling that way.

>low-power, low-to-mid-danger Jump
If that's what you're going for, and that does come across in the doc, then I think you've more or less nailed it. Just balance a few of those perks out, relative their in jump peers, and you should be good to go.

That's pretty much everyone's reaction to the fuckin' Speedforce. Honestly, just don't think about it too hard.

Example:
- Speedforce allows Barry Allen to run through Space-Time, both literally and figuratively.
- Barry Allen at one point while running down the side of Mt. Everest slipped and fell through the Dimensions into Earth Two, kick starting the Crisis on Infinite Earths.
- As mentioned earlier Wally West outran Speedster Death.

So, just generally speaking, the Speedforce is bullshit in general.

So this may seem like a Stupid question but where can I find the ability to sprout wings on a human Form?

Path to Victory is much stronger.

You get to 'See the Path' which is a step by step strategy guide to whatever goal you have, it is literally Contessa's power without the 'Walking the Path' bullshit that would make you literally unbeatable by anything other than Scion, the Endbringers, and Eidolon who are specifically immune to it.

What kind of wings and what do you want them to do?

Aion.

Body Mod, Aion, Sekirei for wings specifically. Any jump with a good biomanipulation power if you just feel like spending a day at the library to get it done.

The logic in this makes my head hurt.

BodyMod
Any of the DC jumps
FF Tactics
Forgotten Realms if you go for a race with wings
FF8 gives sweet ass ethereal wings