Pathfinder General

Pathfinder General /pfg/

Eldritch Horror Waifus Edition
While we wait for Strange Aeons, what possible new content do you wish would be included, /pfg/?

Unified /pfg/ link repository:
pastebin.com/5F8RNubX

Old thread:

Other urls found in this thread:

zenithgames.blogspot.com/2012/11/the-comprehensive-pathfinder-guides.html
d20pfsrd.com/gamemastering/combat#TOC-Concealment).
d20pfsrd.com/gamemastering/combat#coup-de-grace
youtube.com/watch?v=01skyPMeeoc
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

More weird equipment for PC use.

More nice things for fighters and rogues, until they actually become good.

A first party implementation of the strange magic stuff (i.e. an actually good warlock). Not like they can't drop an entire class in there. It's not like the kineticist is a bad attempt, it's just not right and none of the others are either.

So wtf is up with Gillmen? Does anyone play them? Ever?

Any good feats for a rogue?

Nah, they're pretty much garbage.

>what possible new content do you wish would be included
romancing Eldritch Horrors as waifus

>zenithgames.blogspot.com/2012/11/the-comprehensive-pathfinder-guides.html

Look under "Rogue."

Are you sure you wouldn't rather play a Slayer?

Chained or Unchained?

I am absolutely certain the Investigator is getting some kind of Lovecraftian Eldritch Sleuth archetype.

SAN loss!
We CoC now!

Good. He can investigate all those species suddenly gaining sentience.

Better support for technology.

>implying Paizo will ever let us have decent tech

Yes to which?

."Total concealment does not count for rogue's sneak attacks, and you're going to be right against them anyways."
>Using a whip, with all the Mastery and Serpent's Lash.
>Fifteen feet.

In all honesty, the game had been dragging on for about three hours, and I didn't want to pick a fight over it.

Chained, unchained is banned

Then the answers is a noose

They make allright paladins. Justifying them being really far inland is a different problem.

Outer God familiars

pic related

>unchained is banned
What hell is this?
The only answer is to play master summoner until your dm demands unchained only

user that is just a contract devil.

Don't get me started dude

Anyone have a screen cap of the most Veeky Forums thing ever said? Something about going balls deep in an Eldritch Abomination and wouldn't you want to.

I'm not your dude, man

The entire anime is a lovecraftian love story, user

I remember that discussion.
Wasn't that one in pfg?

Well I'm not your man, friend

No, I think it was in a thread about how you shouldn't waifu these things. Like a PSA using the same OP image.

It really isn't. Not enough cats murdering bad people.

I am not your friend guy.

I want options to go full Bloodborne
Then I can have an excuse to play a Crimson Countess

Pickman is best waifu anyways.

I'm not your guy, fella

I am not your fella, buddy.

I will forever be buttblasted that the Magical Child is a Vigilante archetype instead of a Witch archetype

I'm not your buddy, bro

Ok, so I can't find a direct reference, but I can get close enough to make a case. Total concealment is functionally the same as invisibility (See Combat Modifiers, about 3/4s down the page: d20pfsrd.com/gamemastering/combat#TOC-Concealment). Attacking while invisible (and by extension, full concealment) denies the defender's Dex to AC, which is exactly the wording that applies to both the Chained and Unchained Rogue's sneak attack. As for the "right against them anyways" bit, I have no idea what that means, since closer is better for SA anyway, other than "I want a nonsense excuse to veto this when the rules are clearly against me."
Bring it up next game, since you are 100% in the right on this.

I'm not your bro, chap

I have this nagging feeling that Paizo will be introducing new Occult class archetypes following Strange Aeons.

I'm not your chap, homey

No, THIS anime is the lovecraftian love story

This is still the best lovecraftian love story

Also, what's with Japan and lovecraft love stories?

So, what would be the best way to stat Ebri-chan?

Not in my Pathfinder, martialfag!

I'm not your homey, comrade

So how is the irrepressable trait assuming Will is my strong save and it's basically giving me a +6(+4 cha mod, -2 wis mod)
>You can use your Charisma modifier in place of your Wisdom modifier when attempting Will saving throws against charm and compulsion effects.

Fey trickster, without a doubt.

Pretty decent, as far as traits go.

There are other options, depending on what kind of character you are. If you're the crusader type (good vs evil), you can always go for a clear spindle ioun stone wayfinder, which gives you permanent protection from evil (only the immunity from charm/compulsion from evil sources).

How would you mechanically justify a Lawful Good AntiPaladin with a strict No-Killing Rule?

I really want the AntiPali's aura of cowardice for this

>Fey trickster,
Explain. Especially considering her whole role was having her blood and essence be used by the Choir in order to seek Celestial audience and possibly elevate Humanity

I meant adjacent for "right [up] against them anyways", meaning they would see you within the five feet.

But I'm totally gonna cap this for the future. Thanks for the help.

No chance you know about the Dragon Pistol thing, though?

You can't.

Not possible, period. Stop trying to use Antipaladin, and just use an LG Dread or Intimidate and Fear based Inquisitor

Plus, Batman I'd a Vigilante anyway. The class was designed almost explicitly around him

You can't.

If you're the same guy from before, a crimefighting LE Tyrant Antipaladin is totally fine.

My personal thought is he's Gestalt. Just that he's gestalted between Vigilante and Also Vigilante, so he has both halves.

You can't, beyond taking abilities that make you better at dealing non-lethal attacks, like the Enforcer feat.

Not that you need Aura of Cowardice to use it against any non-fear immune foes, given that the intimidate DC is laughably low.

I would do something else.

Try a LG Harbinger that specializes in Cursed Razor. Some of those maneuvers can cripple without killing.

Unfortunately not. Guns are an odd edge case in a lot of places, especially since Paizo is annoyingly loathe to actually support the bloody things. My best guess is that it would become a 30' cone, simply because that would be the easiest way to adjudicate it, rather than figuring out exactly what a stretched out 15' cone would look like.

Like a Ranger/Ranger?

Keep in mind aura of cowardice doesn't work how you might think it works.

Very few things are only immune to fear, like paladins (it's just meant to counter/oppose them). The majority are immune to mind-affecting (undead/constructs) and fear won't work on them.

d20pfsrd.com/gamemastering/combat#coup-de-grace

>As a full-round action, you can use a melee weapon to deliver a coup de grace (pronounced "coo day grahs") to a helpless opponent. You can also use a bow or crossbow, provided you are adjacent to the target.

Daily reminder that it is literally impossible to perform a coup de grace with firearms.

Why not Eldritch Waifu?

Is this bait?

What else is banned? Wizard, Cleric, Druid?

I would just play a goddamn bard rather than trying to make a mobius double reacharound of alignment stupidity. There's at least one and probably more archetypes for ignoring specific fear immunities, and feats, bloodlines, and prestige classes you can nab to bypass more universally.

Either that or if I'm DMing throw out alignments entirely and demand an IC code of ethics from the character to fit the zealot concept.

Stop bullying rogue. Eldritch Scoundrel is fine! FINE!

I'm mostly trying to find some delicious ways to use my traits. That Clear Spindle Wayfinder is fantastic though and depending on if I find a good trait pair I may use that. Character is a bard with the idea that he's the party's narrator in their journey. Thus the anti-charm trait: The narrator shouldn't fight the heroes. He's supposed to be unnoticeable. His records will thus never mention his existence.

Batman is in no way an antipaladin. Yes his shtick is being scary. His shtick is also never killing and being lawful good (despite going outside the law to catch the criminals, he does it because he's the best at it, not because fuck the law or due process).

was talking about Gillmen, not rogues. Gillmen are perfectly okay for bully.

The idea that humans aren't the center of the universe and that there are unnatural beings just casually doing their own thing, occasionally fucking up humans that get in their way is something that meshes *extremely* well with Japanese views of spirituality and religion.

It's basically a meatier, creepier, more gothic Shinto, and they "get" that. Lovecraft has been a popular thing in Japan since forever.

Alchemist and Gunslinger

Are you the guy who try to play Rogue with +4 int mod?

Go with Eldritch Scoundrel.

I've talked to the mods on my Meetup group, and got the go-ahead to make a non-PFS Pathfinder group.

If you're in eastern PA, you can join a game where you can play an initiating, sea monster hunting, drow killing, pirate robbing, priest assassinating, dragon worshiping, barley farming adventurer in the Forgotten Realms.

You start at level 1.

Batman is a Vigilante/Harbinger/Investigator. He's that big a mary sue to pull it off.

Dick is a Bard or a Questioner
Timm is an Empiricist
Jason is a Gunsmoke Mystic / Soulknife
Damian is a Stalker / Slayer

>Mercy Shot
>Category: Gunslinger Deed, Grit.
>Prerequisites: Dex 13, Grit class feature or Amateur Gunslinger feat, Gunslinger Initiative class feature or Improved Initiative, Base Attack Bonus +3
>Benefit: You can perform a coup-de-grace upon a helpless creature with a firearm. You must be within your first range increment in order to do this. This deed costs one Grit point to perform.

>Appears in: The Secrets of Adventuring

Why would you?

Because some men want to be water-breathing Azlantis.

Also, keep in mind that Gillmen get +CHA, +CON. A rather decent stat boost combo for a Bloodrager of Barbarian.

Are you implying that Dick can use magic? I haven't follow DC Comic for awhile but is that even a thing...?

You can use the DSP Vigilante for Damian.

>you need a feat to coup de grace with a firearm

Why?

Dick uses CHA for every skill in place of INT

We're saying that he has to have something that lets him use Charisma mechanically.

It's from a shitty 3pp ignore it.

Well, it's better than nothing. You could also play a Bush Wacker. I think they can coup-de-gray with firearms, since they're opportunistic little bastards.

Merfolk get +Dex +Con +Cha. They're statistically the best aquatic race by far.

Gillmen can walk though.

>5 ft movement

If I see that fucking cat one more time...

That rule was written before firearms were a thing in the game. If you can coup de grace with a bow you can do it with a fucking gun. Stop it with this shit.

Gillmen can walk though.

Death all but guaranteed within one day of leaving a body of water.

That's a dog though.

Is this one better?

idgaf

>Jason is a Gunsmoke Mystic / Soulknife

Dude can summon swords that insta-gibs evil creatures, can elevate/slowfall via meditation, and is resistant to magic and mind control due to how much bullshit he dealt with after being resurrected.

Still relies on guns.

>Riverfolk

AWOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

You also got to bare in mind that lovecraft based a lot of his horror on his own xenophobia. There is a reason why some of his gods are based of Hindi, Doaist, and other Asian religions. Cause the orient scared the shit out of him.

>This is a Sakuya board.

youtube.com/watch?v=01skyPMeeoc

Riven Hourglass/Tempest Gale/Sleeping Goddess Human Zealot versus Mithral Current/Scarlet Throne/Primal Fury Skinwalker Bushi Brutal Slayer Warder: who wins?