Biggest plot twist in 40k lore?

(pic related)

Other urls found in this thread:

newgrounds.com/portal/view/601507
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

he would've killed himself and humanity wouldn't exist, but neither would chaos as we know it

Is there anybody in WH40K who ISN'T Alpharius? Fighting the Alpha Legion must be like this.

newgrounds.com/portal/view/601507

Some are more Alpharius than others.

The emperor was dead all along.

>Horus. You were adopted

Pretty much this.
It's not the emperor keeping the beacon on, it's the sacrifices they're making to him. The death of 1000 psykers a day burns like a pyre in the warp.

The Emperor was a genetically engineered figurehead, created by the high lords of Terra to give something for humanity to rally behind. The Black Legion know this.
>"Death to the false Emperor!"

The Black Legion (like all other traitor legions and this whole heresy bs) are just fictional bogeyman, created by the high lords of terra to scare the shit out of their minions.

>40k Illuminati stuff dropping right here user

>High Lords of Terra are secret Chaos Cultists
>they are keeping the Emperor alive so that he cannot reincarnate in a more powerful form
>the Emperor is summoning the Hive Fleet psychically so that he can be killed and reborn

>Goge Vandire was a good if autocratic ruler, but he pissed off the Space Marines and the Mechanicum. They used the well-meaning but easily manipulated Sebastian Thor as the figurehead for their rebellion. They won and Vandire is now the most vilified person since Horus
>Maccharius really intended to use his popularity pull a Caesar on the High Lords. (Maybe it's what actually happened, I'm not sure)

Bruh.

Honestly, fund it

I asked this in another thread but the thread got nuked because OP was a faggot

Why is big E's skeleton proportioned more or less like a normal human but all of his living artwork makes him out to be larger than a space marine? I assume he at least wasn't ALWAYS 10 feet tall, considering he was born in prehistorical times and wouldn't be able to blend in very well. Is his pictures of him in his armor just him curled up fetal position in the giant cuirass and controlling the whole thing with psychic?

All "souls" are in actuality daemons tied to the physical forms of intelligent organisms. Blanks have actual souls, which are anathema to daemons and reinforce the reality that spawned them.

The Emperor was a master Biomancer, it's part of how he created the Primarchs. Basically, he could appear however the fuck he wanted and for the sake of convincing humanity to defer to his judgement/will, he figured giant, golden, radiant, handsome motherfucker in artificer armour with eagle wings embossed on his PAULRDONS was the best way to go.

okay that makes sense

And I guess when he no longer had the luxury of the concentration and spare power to maintain his giant god mode, his corpse reverted to his normal size

The last thing he did before being interred in the Golden Throne was get in a fight with the most lethal being in the galaxy. Gotta get huge.

>Why is big E's skeleton proportioned more or less like a normal human but all of his living artwork makes him out to be larger than a space marine?

Without a frame of reference, a big man in a big chair looks like a normal man in a normal chair.

Also, The Emperor's normal image is confirmed to be a psychic projection. He actually looks like a tired old man.

28,000 years in MSPaint.

>Epic level same fagging

>warpfire can't melt webways

Everyone is potentially Alpharius. Except Alpharius. Alpharius is actually Omegon.

>Also, The Emperor's normal image is confirmed to be a psychic projection. He actually looks like a tired old man.
can you provide a source for this please?

By the Emperor.

>Alpharious is actually sitting in the statis field in Maccrage, the reason the wound looks like it is healing is because there was no wound in the first place.

>Omegeon is the first Grandmaster of the Grey Knights, Janus

>Tyranids are the biggest and first failure of the Old Ones.

>The orcs gestalt psychic field is so strong they are one of the biggest reasons there is only war.

>Cypher no longer knows if he is loyal or not, he acts according to a plan laid out long ago but has no memory of what the end result was. His mind is utterly destroyed and only has brief periods when he is lucid.

>The Tau are related or are the Necrontyr.

>Khaine is not an eldar god but a member of the Necron Star Gods, having been replaced when his essence was shattered by the birth of Slannesh.

>

what. the. fuck.

That does make too much sense actually.

This.

The Orc field is so strong it's the reason the tyranids came into existence to give them something to fight.

It was never the Emperor powering the beacon, he is however the only psyker strong enough to control it.

He can't be dead, without him it wouldn't be of any use. He is like the focusing lens of laser, without him, the Astronomican is diffuse and useless, with him, it is a clear and strong beam visible across the galaxy.

>Cypher no longer knows if he is loyal or not, he acts according to a plan laid out long ago but has no memory of what the end result was. His mind is utterly destroyed and only has brief periods when he is lucid.

Not really twist, but cool as fuark

Tbh I wouldn't even mind this

>Cypher no longer knows if he is loyal or not
I'm down for that. It makes him seem like a tragic figure, in fact.

>The orcs gestalt psychic field is so strong they are one of the biggest reasons there is only war.

Fuck, these gave the creeps.

>Creed is in fact a creation of Tzeentch,who got bored of the Great Game and wanted a challenge.

>The warp storms that engulfed what is currently the Tau Empire were created by the Emperor, so a Chaos-inmune race could develop and eventually clean the galaxy of Chaos.

>Abaddon's Black Crusades have failed,in the end, because the Dark Gods enjoy seeing him fail time and time again, no matter how much effort he puts in the cause.

>Tyranids are the most ancient race in the Universe; they scoured the Milky Way galaxy long ago, exterminating all life. The Ancient Ones, the Necrontyr, Eldar and even Humans are actually distant cousins of the Tyranids,having evolved into completely different species as livestock material for the Hive Mind.

>Bjorn Fell Hand knows the whereabouts of the Tree of Life,but won't tell anyone because it was revealed to him in a dream by the ghost of Leman Russ.

>Abaddon's Black Crusades have failed,in the end, because the Dark Gods enjoy seeing him fail time and time again, no matter how much effort he puts in the cause.
I like this idea, but prefer that they fail because his success would fuck things up for them. If he wins, then Khorne will get a lot less bloodshed, Nurgle will get a lot less stasis, Slaanesh will get a lot less people striving to improve for the next attempt, and Tzeentch will actually succeed in a plot so he can't keep working against himself. The best thing for them is an eternal failure, where Abbadon never wins, but never dies, and therefore keeps trying forever.

Love all of this except the tyranid part

Necrons infiltrating the Imperium was pretty big. I don't think it is mentioned outside of Xenobiology.

40k's gods are pretty much all working together for the status quo because to them it is much more fun that way.

I can only wonder what Abaddon & others think of this.

If everything is canon, the Emperor is pretty explicitly dead. It's outline really pointedly in the introduction for the Inquisitor book. The throne itself is the lens; the Emperor's corpse is just that: a corpse.

*pretty implicitly. It's not flat out stated, but it's pretty obvious that the Emperor is about as alive as Liberace was straight.

I used to really want to build an alpha legion army, back when their background had never really been fleshed out. They were a lot cooler when they were just stealthy anarchists, really glad I jumped ship on that one.

>Emperor will be reborn as Ynnead

So,the Emperor is basically His spirit trapped inside His dead body. Everything attributed to His actions are actually due to something else, be it the Throne, the Chorus or some other element related to Him.

Sounds grimdark enough to be canon. Everybody in the Empire thinks he's guiding them, but it's just their need to believe in Him what keeps everything going one, while the Emperor's soul is desperately waiting for the Throne to breakdown so He can reincarnate.

>Bjorn Fell Hand knows the whereabouts of the Tree of Life,
what the fuck is tree of life

A legend of the Space Wolves. It tells somewhere inside the Eye of Terror there's a world where grows a tree which fruit grants eternal life, healing of all illness and wounds,no matter how grave. Some believe that's what Leman Russ set out to find, so he could retrieve the fruit to heal the Emperor.

What spirit? It was burned up millennia ago, powering the Beacon for a single day.

Source? I think I missed that. Or is it speculation?

My entry for biggest plot twist. They burned the Emperor's soul for fuel, and now they're throwing ten thousand psykers on the fire each day to keep it going.

I thought it was Malcador that died powering the Astronomican while Emps was fighting Horus.

That's pretty thought provoking.

The only way the Emperor could make the Primarchs was by making a deal with the Chaos Gods. All the Primarchs are basically Greater Demons of Man.

Perhaps the Emperor was using their energy or some shit and hoped they wouldnt discover what it was for. But it is all irrelevent, they spirited the Primarchs away.

Theres also an interesting theory I heard that the Big E is a Egregore constructed by Malchior, that mysterious human who somehow is his only friend.

Ah ok,I think I overlooked it.

GRRM was a writer for GW in his early years, but he got fired for putting too much rape into a hobbyist game. SoIaF is actually a thinly veiled copy of what he wrote when working for GW.
>The wall
Cadian Gate
>The others
Forces of chaos
>All that rape
reasons for being fired from GW
>King's landing and all the council shit
The High lords of Terra, assassins, all that shit you name it
>Lannisters
Lioooooooonnnnnn
>Starks
Woooolvesssssssssss
>Baratheon
Ultramarines
>Dothraki
squats (this is why GW removed them, too much interracial rape)
>The old gods
heresy
>The new gods
heresy
>The many-faced god
heresy
>Valyrian Steel/Obsidian
force/power weapons
>Eunuchs
Servitors
>Iron Bank
Mechanicus

Holy Shit.

Ciaphas Cain HERO OF THE IMPERIUM is actually the Emperor reborn and it was only at a great age that his knowledge and powers consciously returned. As a younger man they subtly influenced the world around him which is what led to his ridiculous luck.

I want to believe this becuase that's awesome but for some reason I find myself doubting this

Malcador came back as Jurgen.

Tyranids were summoned by the Pharos.

Fuck off Ward.

That's because the sisters of battle are actually all men, and that armor plating between space marine legs is just ammo storage. When the emperor went to "bargain with forces of chaos" he actually just visited the vacation realm of the old ones, drank pina colada and traded schematics for pictures of scantily clad human females. The old ones masterplan is just for everything to kill everything else, and then come back when the immaterium is blank again because there are no living creatures to fuck it up.

>Ward

This is how you identify the newfag.

i'd honestly be ok with this.
especially if ciaphas actively doesn't know that fact, like emps reincarnated but his memory is still on the golden throne.
double grimdark points on he finds this out and as the new emps gets thrown out of the imperium for heresy shoot on sight by everyone involved.

ayyyyyyyyy roodypoo what an original comment, have some dank memes on the house

>>Maccharius really intended to use his popularity pull a Caesar on the High Lords. (Maybe it's what actually happened, I'm not sure)
I am reminded of another hotshot commander, Admiral Usurs, who fell out of favour with the High Lords; exactly why wasn't stated, but they wanted to get rid of him. He was "too powerful to execute without inviting civil war", so they sent him to conquer worlds beyond the galaxy for two decades until all contact was finally lost - and his reports of the new systems he found were never followed up.

Well, the original codex, and the pre-codex short story Deus Ex Mechanicus, revealed that the Deceiver had done it, but the idea that the actual Necrons themselves could was new (though the existence of sapient Necrons wasn't).
And Newcrons just have mindshackle scarabs that they use on everyone.

Pic related? Relevant to as well.

I presume then that this is where the Fimir came from (not 40k, but still).

>Fimir
>race which reproduces solely by rape
>it is known.jpeg

>The only way the Emperor could make the Primarchs was by making a deal with the Chaos Gods. All the Primarchs are basically Greater Demons of Man.

While it may be canon, that doesn't stop it being fucking stupid.

>Upon the rogue trader's vessel the kast Lord Cypher retired early to his rented quaters. They were lavish, gawdy and repugnant to him. A farcry from the sleeping cell assigned to him in the Order. He sighed at the memory, what he had been instructed, the last instructions of a shattered planet. He had escaped, he had seen the awful truth with his own eyes, the instructions encoded in his mind by Luthur were clear and bright in his mind...

>... And then they were gone again, his frenzied mind raced to recover some fragment as to why he was on this ship, where it was going and who was he with? He paced. Frantic. Forgotten in his mind and in his world. His hands, thick and callous, ran over his head as if to find some scrap of knowledge he had moments ago. He fell to his knees, and wept silently. Only stopping when the doors to his quaters opened and a small, cowled figure entered wearing the same robes as he.

I've been here at least a year friendo.

>canon
Since when did people accept hack writings as canon? Why would you accept all the revisions and reworkins if they are retarded? Just do with religioulus people do, pick and choose from whatever you like, and call that canon.

>cypher
literally naruto-tier character.

No idea what that means dude.

Friendly reminder that everything that is supposedly canon is propaganda. Everything is true and nothing is true.

Honestly I was just trying to avoid an argument. I personally don't regard it as canon, any more than this Perpetual bullshit. Takes away from the mysticism involved since tales of the Emperor are supposed to be shrouded in myth, passed down as legends. If anything, I think it lessens its quality as a tragedy. Rather than the Emperor being a well-intentioned man who made mistakes that ultimately led to his own downfall and self-sacrifice for the good of humanity, he gets turned into a fedora-tipping retard with literally no sense of how to deal with people.

And while I think the Emperor being a psychic projection of Malcador's (who is the true immortal from before recorded history) is interesting, I think it fits better than he's the one friend the Emperor can confide in, who keeps him grounded and connected to the rest of Mankind.

Here's my issue with the "emperor is waiting to die so he can reincarnate" ideas. Why would he have asked to be put on the throne when he was dying rather than just die and come back immediately when his sons were still around and the Imperium was in less danger?

And, whatever the reason is, won't X still happen if he dies now, 10,000 years later, as when he was first put there, except now there aren't primarchs or anybody else with any clue as to what they're doing so it's just far more dangerous to do so?

Because someone had to plug up the warp hole that would have turned Terra into Eye of Terror 2.0, now with galaxy wide service.

Yeah, but that'll happen even if he dies now. It's not like it's sealed off now and wasn't back then. So why would he be waiting to die to reincarnate? The same shit he went on the throne for will still happen, so all he did was waste 10,000 years.

>And, whatever the reason is, won't X still happen if he dies now
Maybe it won't be the same after having nommed 10000 years worth of psykers.

>Since when did people accept hack writings as canon?
Within the context of 40k? I'd say 1987 at least.

Nice dubs senpai. It's because he's trying to buy time for humans to evolve into a more psychicly active race, so that they can better fight Chaos.

>The Sigilite is a single aspect the Emperor cast out of the whole to coach and guide him through the difficult times ahead, unburdened by the collective thoughts the Emperor must balance. That is how he was able to hold the Golden Throne the way he did. He did not die, he rejoined the Emperor once again.

I'm the one who mentioned that Cypher lost his mind too.

You should work for GW and make this true.

>GW is so shit that even Veeky Forums fanfiction is better and more badass

What could have been...

I mean, say what you will about Inquisition War, it had its moments. And this was definitely one of them.

Mind blown.

Looks like Magnus & Kitten were working for Chaos all along.

Fucking Kittten is up to something.

He's totally gonna stab Magnus in the back.

>The only way the Emperor could make the Primarchs was by making a deal with the Chaos Gods. All the Primarchs are basically Greater Demons of Man.
Oh hi there, Erebus.

My theory.
It's with Isha at the centre of Nurgles Garden. The tree can only exist in her pressence; it is watered by her tears and grows from her love. The fruit taken from the tree will rot away to nothing before you leave the garden without her help.

Russ on the other hand is trapped Tzeench's labyrinth by Magnus. He waits for the wolf time when the emperor's light will show him the path to his escape.