Warmahordes General

Cryx still gets all the best toys edition.

Warmachine/Hordes Books, No Quarter, & IKRPG
textuploader com / 5wm4h
PP Youtube (gameplay tutorials, tournament coverage, and announcements)
youtube.com/user/PrivateerPressPrime
List building at
forwardkommander.com
schlaf.github.io/whac_online/whac.html
Latest Errata
privateerpress.com/files/WM MKII Rules Errata Jan 2016.pdf
Steamroller Rules
privateerpress.com/organized-play/steamroller-tournaments
The Giant List of Podcasts and Blogs
privateerpressforums.com/showthread.php?76379-Warmachine-Hordes-related-blogs-websites-and-forums
Table of contents for all NQ issues
privateerpressforums.com/showthread.php?4313-Table-Of-Contents-For-All-No-Quarter-Issues
Abridged Lore
gargantuans abridged:pastebin.com/XPKMKYUc
Exigence abridged: pastebin.com/6D1fwSgv
devastation abridged: pastebin.com/KxkzfnXj

Lexicanum Iron Kingdoms Lore wiki:
warmachine.lexicanum.com/wiki/Main_Page

Other urls found in this thread:

strawpoll.me/10138678
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Couldn't even drop him to P&S 16?

He actually needed to keep P&S18 and 5 focus in an army with shitloads of access to Dark Shroud?

He wasn't even too strong before and they nerfed him significantly in many ways, so no more upkeep casting, his healing is significanty weaker, he can't get souls.

Because 23 points for P+S16 would be garbage

He wasn't used widely before anyway. With ps16 he will be on the shelf, collecting dust.

>He wasn't even too strong before
Are you fucking kidding me?

BUT IF YOU USE 6 FOCUS BY ALLOCATING AND USE PARASYTE HE GETS TO GIVE IT +3 IT GETS TO 19 HOW DO PEOPLE DEAL WITH THAT

Are you a whiny bitch who just needs to git gud?
He didn't see wide use for a reason.

>hurr I'm obviously wrong so I'll spout and hominem and git gud
Okay sure. Now have a look at recent Cryx pairings. He's in % of them. Must be because he's total trash.

He's a great jack, that's for sure.
Doesn't make him broken.
PP seems to agree with the relatively small changes paired with the price going down.

>Doesn't make him broken.
Did I fucking say that? I said he was strong and widely used. And you're telling me - against all objective statistical evidence - that he isn't.

Not him, but I'll look.
> Gigacon 2016 (May 07, 2016)
Cryx - 1st place. No DJ
> Adepticon Masters 2016 (April 02, 2016)
Cryx 3rd. No DJ
> Italian Masters (April 01, 2016)
Cryx both 1st and 3rd. No DJ in both
> Crucible Masters (March 18, 2016)
Cryx 3rd. No DJ
> Perth Championship (March 05, 2016)
Cryx 3rd. No DJ
> Captain Con (February 07, 2016)
Cryx 1st. No DJ
-----------------
For year 2016. From 17 tournaments, info on which I looked up, there was 6 with Cryx in first 3 places. And in that Cryx lists there was 0 (zero) DJs.

> against all objective statistical evidence
enlighten us with hard proofs maybe?

Has DJ been spoiled already? And source?

If you exclude body and soul. How many times does he appear in?

Last thread.
Same stats, can't cast upkeeps, costs 23 points, can't get souls but has snacking.

Thank you kind sir

I'd realy love spoilers for 3 things in MK III
pRhyas, I hope she can actualy do some butcher stuff now.

Angelius - biggest question we all have in legion I guess aswell

Xerxis2 - Hope wheelchaired dude is still awsome.

too bad invalids irl aren't as cool

what factions do you play, not just own but actually play?

strawpoll.me/10138678

any new spoilers to spoil saint user?

One of the people said Rhyas is still basically the same "she's still a badass ninja chick" IIRC. I assume they'll have tweaked her a bit but it won't be anything revolutionary like making her FURY 6.

Which is a shame because shes probably my favorite caster in the game.

Old Witch

Nightmare or eSkarre

would love some skorne stuff that actually got better in mk3...

Calaban / Bullsnapper anything Minions

Goreshade3!

Garryth.

My friend is a gigantic faggot for him and I want him to be sad.

Poor show user

Ferox and Void Spirits got better. That's enought to justify nerfing the entire rest of the faction into oblivion.

aww yeah, now i can look at my 300 points better.

indeed but I really want eSkarre for best tits in wmc

>SPD7
Fuck, she's broken!

Mulg or Harbinger!

Also, I'm a giant bitch.

And I get my own title wrong. Fuck me, I'm retarded.

Yes, Skorne Please. Still can not understand, why they nerfed this Faction..

The guy posting only has Cryx.

And basically loves lording the fact that he has spoilers over everyone. Don't expect anything.

We want the Frenchman from yesterday back, if he shows.

Molik was too strong. So they nerfed everything except for Molik. Makes sense, right?

And yes, this guy only has Cryx. The other one probably got cold feet, not that I can blame him.

I am not a Skorne player, but if someone can actually give some love to them I would appreciate.

It seems that PP want to kill the faction.

Maybe I should just go kill myself and save everyone the hassle of fixing my mistakes.

Fun fact: Hordes was created mostly because they wanted to put Skorne into warmachine, but couldn't justify warbeasts.

They don't plan on killing Skorne. They just have no fucking idea what to do with the faction, it seems.

Hordes was created for Skorne.

I don't know what's going on, but it's not an intentional murder. Hopefully there's some kind of magic bigger picture that makes all these changes okay, and we're just not seeing it yet.

That said, Xekaar a shit, no matter the picture.

Then he should post the Coven. The guy that introduced me to Warmahordes mained them all the way through Mk2 even after the Shadowbind nerf, so it would be nice for him.

fuck that guy

I dunno man. Some of his pieces feel the most like we're missing something, because holy shit his feat is ball busting.

Dead Weight is great for Marketh to cast, and Mortality is a really solid offensive spell, especially now that it stops repair on warjacks as well.

Nice, thanks

Oh shit, you're the one with all the spoilers, aren't you?

Nice, thank you.

I want to play the Coven so bad, but I'm waiting until they get models worthy of their art. Would be super-curious to see their new rules as well.

Also, the Satyxis Raider sea witch. We know the Raiders lost Advance Deploy and CMA, which both feel totally justified, but I really hope they didn't lose Force Barrier as well.

....why the fuck did they nerf so much?

Couldn't really keep up with the spoilers yesterday - was there something for Ret besides the new Warcaster?

They nerfed the feat and what else? Future Sight is fucking amazing.

because other than haleys she was one of the most played tournament casters

I think Black Spot got better as well, or could it always trigger on melee attacks?

I would argue that her feat isn't much of a nerf either. The old one wasn't able to affect Colossals, the new one clearly can. And -5 to attack rolls is pretty brutal.

I'd also say that Soul Strike, while more expensive, is a better nuke than Perdition. It's a nice way to kill problem solos.

You're thinking of pSkarre

Her list is the same

Remember that eSkarre already had Future Sight for her battlegroup, so that's not a buff.

The whole battlebox if I'm not mistaken.

>the new one clearly can
Oooh. Right. I am so playing Cryx in MK3. I love their walking Jack designs. Now if only the spider ones were just as pretty.

So her feat is just strait up worse.
She lost one of her signature spells which made her playable basically. Assasination runs can't be done by the trick any more.
Black Spot costs 3. I guess it's better because they all have more guns now.
Overall, she went from a good to a bad caster. It would be okay if her feat didn't do dmg.

Her feat is not that much worse. -5 to attack rolls might as well be no attacks for a lot of models, and again, it can affect Colossals this time. And +5DEF and no charges is a pretty safe as shit mode anyways.

And Perdition was a janky spell that really only worked when your opponent didn't know what it did. Soul Strike is great solo removal for her.

I mean fuck, she can make a Cryx Colossal DEF15 and can't be charged. If you don't see the merit to that shit, then fuck you.

Give us Dawnguard Destors ! The worst cavalry in the game should have had some love ...

No! Only Cryx may have spoilers!

speaking of that.. does anyone have the cryx colossals to spoil?

Future Sight was in MK2 already.
Feat is much worse. No Perdition.

That's really watered down from the character it used to be.

It's mostly unchanged.

The removal of perdition kills her.

Do you guys think any colossal will actually change much? I mean, looking at shit like the Hyperion or the Victor, they are all fairly straightforward and aren't exactly in much need of an overhaul, some minor adjustments notwithstanding.

>The whole battlebox if I'm not mistaken.
is that somewhere in the archive or did someone save them?

If anything changes it'll be the core colossal rules. I doubt the second wave colossals will change but the first lot likely will.

Stormwall DEFINITELY will.

There was a Stormwall card posted on the Veeky Forums. Here

Cryx is getting hit in every unit that was ever used, I don't see why things like mechanithralls would be nerfed and why eskarre lost perdition.

Look up previous threat the archive

>this is a bad 'caster, according to Cryx babbies

lel okay

Stormwall basically didn't. Biggest change was it throws down wall templates instead of aoes for the chain guns.

Junior didn't really change either, so get used to arm 22 colossals

I know, I look at the nerfed version of their dream team and I'm like "hey this looks like a good caster."

She was already not the best and got hit. She was an assasination caster, removal of perdition is unnecessary.

> The grass is greener on the other side
Cry me a river and water your lawn

I'd be interesting in seeing the seether chassis and Barathrum in particular

They removed her main tech bro, the lack of the essential spell is what hurts.

>all this Cryx crying

Your nerfed warcasters are still better than what most factions can bring.

MKIII is clearly a downshift for most factions. Everyone is being nerfed a little, except the factions that were pure shit in MKII. Your casters are still great, they're just less bullshit than they were.

Compare new Skarre or Gaspy to your average Khador or Ret caster. They're still better.

Nigga your worst casters, with the exception of that one guy nobody even remembers the name of, were on par with the best of most factions.

Any faction would love this new Skarre.

>Your nerfed warcasters are still better than what most factions can bring.
The units are the problem, like Mechanithralls. They lost power, can't revive and activate, they lost a point in def.
Bane Thralls are now complete victims, like storm units in cygnar, but they instead can't get +3 arm.
Everything is still usable, but they are nerfing stuff that already wasn't broken.

You will never make love to a beautiful Gorax and see her arms flail with pleasure as you impregnate her to celebrate her 5th warjack kill while battling for your home at the forest moon of Endor

Which ones exactly? Give me examples of the caster which is so bonkers and the shit everyone else has.
New Skarre is decent, but her main game, which was assasination, is impossible.

Stormwall only gets limited pods now, which might be a big deal.

And it lost 2 POW on the side guns, making the covering fire shit less threatening.

She play pretty much however she wants. Her spell list is amazing.

And she traded that for some pretty good fucking defensive mechanics while still keeping her general ability to gunline.

Her new feat is one of the straight up best in the game for protecting a huge base model.

That's a problem when you can't afford a colossal.

Well, the new Colossal kits are going to be cheaper, so there's that.

So, basically unchanged outside of general colossal special rules and the template change on the chainguns?

Limited number of pods, lost two POW on the chain guns.

Also costs more to put Arcande Shield into the list, since you have to bring a warjack with junior. No more 3 point junior sitting in the back doing nothing.

>can't save up ~$100

how poor ARE you?

Monetary difference + student in a country which has massice economy problems so the existance isn't secure.
I haven't bought a model in 3 years.

I'm not really seeing "Colossals have similar power levels to three jacks!!" yet. Hopefully that changes when we get to see everything.

If you can't afford a colossal you probably shouldn't be playing a miniatures game.

Any chance of the new Withershadow?

I mean, the Stormwall was already the best warjack in the game in terms of raw stats and abilities, and it went pretty much unchanged.