Magic: the Gathering Wednesday Flavor General - Infanticide Edition

>You are a planeswalker.
>In the vast Multiverse, only you and some other chucklefucks know of the countless worlds beyond your own.

Welcome to the Magic: the Gathering Flavor General thread!

Helpful links:
>Uncharted Realms Archive
magic.wizards.com/en/articles/columns/uncharted-realms

>Planeswalker's Guides
ARCHIVE pastebin.com/Ttgtz6A9

>Set Trailers
pastebin.com/ayJntkE0

>Current Status of Planeswalkers:
2014: magic.wizards.com/en/articles/archive/checking-planeswalkers-2014-06-16
2015: magic.wizards.com/en/articles/archive/feature/checking-planeswalkers-2015-2015-08-19

>Doug Beyer's Tumblr
dougbeyermtg.tumblr.com/

Reminder: Keep bait, shitposting, and arguments to a minimum--try to focus on lore discussion. Ignore chandere posts.

This week's Magic Story is "I Am Avacyn" by Doug Beyer.

magic.wizards.com/en/articles/archive/magic-story/i-am-avacyn-2016-05-18

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=shHniEcn_gc
markrosewater.tumblr.com/post/120748594848/maybe-something-you-can-forward-ahead-to-creative
markrosewater.tumblr.com/post/121630129638/correction-ravnica-is-not-the-center-of-the#notes
youtu.be/8L2lMjr0fNo
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

>Listen to me. If you have some grievance with these two, you may kill them before we begin.

Goddamn Sorin

First for Sorin confirmed actual leech.

>sorin called avacyn his child.
;_;

Anyone else hate how mechanical Avacyn sounded? For some reason they think if they write like a 6 year old, we will think of a powerful entity as having a strange mind. No, it just makes them seem stupid. If something is supposed to be alien, then don't make it a POV.

isn't Avacyn supposed to sound mechanical? She is basically a golem, created to serve a specific purpose.

She sounds normal when she isn't affected by the cryptoliths. They were warping her senses and her mind.

>that glimmer of hope being dashed as she backslides

The impact of that is lost because we know how it ends. I wasn't thinking "Is she going to be redeemed" there; I was thinking, "How is this going to go wrong."

Magic storytelling is in a weird spot.

These stories should be told before the release of spoilers/cards.

How can there be an impact when we knew about anguished unmaking a few months ago

Yeah, telegraphing it through spoilers really did nothing to help the tension/anticipation. I mean, it generated buzz sure but we knew exactly what was going to happen so that kind of removes any kind of suspense of "What happens next?"

>Magic storytelling is in a weird spot.
Because they insist on having the sets tell a story, rather than telling a story that takes place in the world depicted by the sets.

This story hurt like hell. Also because of the fact that it's becoming a trend to refer to a possible Jace death without even getting him in danger

But where's the sudden realization of Sorin about what Nahiri's plan was?

Also I hope we're getting Teysa and Tajic Ravinca Adventures Part 3 next week.

Show me yfw Avacyn was the one who convinced Sorin that she needed to die.

>tfw deep inside her twisted mind she knew she needed to die

>this story hurt like hell
Tell me about it.

It was good, though. I enjoyed the fight between Avacyn and Sorin.

>Avacyn referred to herself as his daughter
;_;

But user... Jace will never die. He's much too important to the... The story... Of MTG.

So back to last week's story. Anyone have any guesses what the iron bound scrolls were?

I'm too busy feeeeeeeelliiiiiiiing about this week's story to ponder last week's.

something cataclysmic apparently.

Damn Doug beyer
Damn Mark fucking Rosewater
Damn all wizards for killing my waifu nedlessly

We will never see her like again.

On the other hand, when they did it the other way around, people didn't know what the hell happened.
A good chunk of people don't know what happened from Odyssey to Theros because it wasn't in the cards

Probably Planar Collapse.

I'd like to think writings from Dominaria. Maybe something on the Brother's war by Urza and Mishra and something about the Invasion by Yawgmoth.

Not everything has to revolve over dominaria, nostalfag

Isn't Dominaria actually the center of the Multiverse though?

Not anymore. It hasn't for years.

I didn't feel anything because we all knew what was going to happen.
Now we just wait for Emrakul to show up and the world has to be saved by the Powerpuff Girls and her newly reborn sister, NotAvacyn the White/Black angel of old who took Avacyn's remaining essence.

Confound Wizards of the Coast! Confound them! They drive me to drink!

>Unhand that Spark you coward, bully, cad and thief.

Unhand her Sorin Markov!
Unhand her Sorin Markov!
Unhand her Sorin Markov!

I don't get it.

youtube.com/watch?v=shHniEcn_gc

It wouldn't have been so hard if any of the stories made sense. Just trying to understand the autism that is basically everything from the Brothers War to the Mending is painful, and it keeps getting worse. Lorwyn's makes no sense, they retconned most of Alara and Zendikar, Innistrad's was nearly non-existent, Scars was ok but just brought the fuckery of Urza back to us, and Dack Fayden... honestly, I had no idea who he was until conspiracy, I had no idea there was any sort of comic tie-in with MTG. Khans block is actually the least confusing use of time travel in the whole history of the game, and is IMO by far the best executed, no, best idea in the first place. The vast majority of the rest of the stories are just dumb.

meant for

No new center has been stated, nor has it ever been stated to have lost its status as Center of the Multiverse.

markrosewater.tumblr.com/post/120748594848/maybe-something-you-can-forward-ahead-to-creative

>Final scroll is instructions for a Planar Overlay written entirely in Phyrexian

Perhaps GolgothianSylex?

I didn't read the story, but isn't Sigarda just gonna be the new protector?

Also, did they explain the madness yet? Did Sorin inquire?

>Sigarda just gonna be the new protector?
Sigarda may protect the humans but she wasn't designed as a plane ward. Now that Avacyn is dead and the Helvault was destroyed something big is coming to Innistrad, probably Emmy-chan.

>did they explain the madness yet?
No.

>did they explain the madness yet?
No.

>yfw next week's story is about Squee still being alive

Hooray for Squee!

>Next week's story sets up Kaledesh
>No hunt for a rogue Planeswalker
>No battle for the fate of the Multiverse
>No petty plane-wrecking revenges
>Just Chandra going home to chill then stuff happens
>She didn't even play a part in the stuff, it just kinda happened

>story opens on zendikar.
>gideon is big broing it up with zendikari
>nissa is hugging trees
>chandra is on her ulamog throne
>suddenly "I'm bored!"

What?

I want an edit of that batman panel with chandra's head photoshopped on batman.

>It's a "Chandra tries to introduce her girlfriend and boyfriend to her parents." Uncharted Realms.
Yes.

Her parents are dead user.

>I have the picture ready for father's day
;.;

>The Church of Avacyn ends
>Sigarda takes up the mantle, puts two and two together and realizes that 'balance' keeps making Innistrad a miserable place.
>Brings the full might of the angelic host down on the vampires
>The Church of Sigarda is born.

I wanna get art of wolf wife commissioned for a playmat, who should I have do it and how risque should it be

>>The Church of Sigarda is born.
Procreating with humans is optional.

Idk who could do it, but make it a bombshell pinup of Arlinn in werewolf form

Days undoing

For real, it took me until Xenagos succesfully becoming a god before I found out who won the Dragon's Maze and became the Arbiter of the guilds.

What was the rumbling at the end? Did Avacyn dying do something? Is the drownyard thing finally habbening?
Is it Emrakul?

>Did Avacyn dying do something?
yes, avacyn was physically protecting innistrad from outside threats, not just by killing them when they got there
>Is the drownyard thing finally habbening?
probably, yes
>Is it Emrakul?
not certainly yet, but odds are high.

>But he fights back, and his blows are terrible. He impales one angel with his sword and slices through the wing of another. He throws one angel to the floor, cracking the marble, and another through a column, turning the masonry to powder. He holds another by the neck as she attacks him with furious claws, buffeting at his face and shoulders.

Sorin is pretty swole.

He literally threw an angel out the window, no effort

What are you implying, user?

Are you trying to have sex with your new god?

Are you not?

What is with the Ashaya jokes? My friend did it when he found out what token the flip Nissa, it was a joke on card of the day. What is it about?

Has anyone noticed that Arlinn is basically the new Sorin? What exactly did she do this set?

She was there just to balance the pws colors.

She upheld a diversity quota, shes also going to be the kiora of innistrad.

>that I only ever meant to keep the innocent from harm. I am Avacyn. I am to protect.
;_;

>our Angel who flies over Thraben is dead
>her Flights are scattered and divided while others are insane
>her creator who only wanted something to keep his home just lost a daughter
>the plane itself has been taking crazy pills
>an extra planar horror is coming to ream the entire plane because one bitch used the ancient evil artifact and another bitch has mad daddy issues
>Innistrad is fucked
You happy now fuckers? We're back to Innistrad, the only plane that actually managed to get away with a happy ending in recent memory and now it's fucked!

I wanted to go back too, because it was a cool place, because mai angelfu but not this. Never this.

It's all Nissa's fault.

So now that Sorin fulfilled his part in doing Olivia the favor of destroying Avacyn in exchange for her help against Nahiri, they going full on war mode in Eldritch Moon, right?

It never crosses Sorin's mind to pullback to not fuck everything up and come with an actual plan. Fucking Edgelord, I hope Nahiri fucks his ass with a tentacle strapon.
I wish Innistrad could stay around tho.

>tfw the edgy B/W Angel will become the new Sailor Moon instead of best Innistrad girl getting promoted

>BW Angel actually had good intentions and was making an alliance with Demons to prevent constant strife between the two races

>"Summon the might of your bloodline, Olivia. The remnants of the Markovs are already mustering. Together, our combined host can confront this threat."

>"Why should I? Why I shouldn't I throw in with this...threat? Illuminate me, how do I benefit from—"

>She stopped mid-sentence, and suddenly broke into a laugh that seemed at odds with her melodious voice. Her eyes flashed with a frenzied glee that Sorin recognized as a look meant for prey.

>"Oh, Sorin," she said as regained her composure. "I will help you. But first you will help me."

Sorin didn't have a choice. He had to give up something for the help that he was gonna get

She was giving up her blood, they gave her to the people who would become vampires. Never consort with dempns.

>arlinn will become the new ward of innistrad and werewolves will be able to control their bloodrage and become new protectors of humanity
Calling it now, also a way to dump arlinn off as being unnecessary to the over arching plot but still give her the fifteen minutes of fame.

>Arlinn
>relevant

Kiora at least interacted with the plot. Arlinn had like one scene at the beginning of the spoiler season, maybe?

We need a Sorin edit for this.

Obvously not. The angel they took the blood from wasn't giving his concent

Done.

Meant that

She's dead, Jim.

I'm sorry.

He was wrong and corrected himself later
markrosewater.tumblr.com/post/121630129638/correction-ravnica-is-not-the-center-of-the#notes

How is the Brother's War confusing?

It isn't. He's talking about the disaster that is the Invasion era. Which is several blocks I think. That shit was so stupid I quit Magic for years.

I really, really hate the whole "Robot Avacyn" thing creative decided to go with over an actual father-daughter relationship, but they do at least touch on that lightly. Poor Avacyn.

Still, I'm hoping this means Sorin is ready to go to town Vindicating the shit out of people. I'm ready for FUCKING PISSED Sorin.

youtu.be/8L2lMjr0fNo

But she started getting emotions back when her mind wasn't being clouded by madness
Sorin called her his child.

I wanted to go back to get cool human support for my Champion of the Parish decks, which I did, but at what cost......

wow, sauce on the artwork? I can only assume this is what innistrad is gonna look like after emrakul

think Kiora during the Theros plot

Not the user, but it's Bloodborne, a vidyagame about werewolves and ayylmaos.

I remember people saying that Doug himself was a pretty shit writer, and while most of the Zendikar ones were shit the one with Jace was ok and him and Ral dicking around on Ravnica was good.

I thought today's was pretty good too, actually.