Age of Sigmar General

>resources
pastebin.com/3qzKt8gd

It is APOCALYPSE edition

Next week pre-order is new Realm of Battle boards?

Other urls found in this thread:

imgur.com/a/A3iFC
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

1st for Oresident Kroak

Build a Wall
Build it Tall
Fight the Birds

Reposting the boards.

Make Azyrheim great again

Weird color...

KROAK WAS NOT BORN IN AZYR.
WHERE IS THE BIRTH CERTIFICATE?

...is weird.

OLD THREAD

Kroak lived and died fighting Chaos long before Sigmar existed

Sigmar knows nothing of patience or sacrifice

Sigmar the young, impulsive barbarian is not fit to be president

>playing a wargame on cardboard

Eurgh...

Don't side step the issue lizardlips.
We all know Slann are nothing but illegal immigrants to the great realm of Azyr,

>scenery mastermind Dave Andrews
>mastermind

Yeah okay man whatever you say.

Azyr existed long before Sigmar and his apes started squatting there

Don't care what people say, I like the magmadroth.

Serious question, why was Kroak coming back to life a big deal in the end times? A bunch of characters had already done it, it should not have been considered a near impossible feat for the strongest magic user in the setting

Because him coming back would lessen the meaning of his "sacrifice" in the End Times.

Kroak never "came back to life", he has always been dead

He just doesn't let death stop him

Man I hope that GW doesn't not update unit rules in the future.

Greater daemons are too weak imo for what they are supposed to represent. Same goes for a lot of WHFB units that are bland rules wise.

They have already updated some rules. I believe some slaneesh units got a few more wounds.

They will definitely update model rules as necessary but it won't be as often as people like.

LoC seems alright?

can we get a map dump up in here? for some reason im fascinated by them

Should be C/U 3.

Seriously. It's the greater daemon of Tzeench. But yeah out of all of them its probably the best.

Speaking of which, anyone have the link to that Imgur album with all the AoS art?

imgur.com/a/A3iFC
This one? Don't know if there's an album containing the newer art.

Can Archeon be redeemed?

How independent are heroes of Death? I like the idea of a knight of death who just wants everything to follow the laws. You die? You go to Nagash. You chaos? You get purged. The tax man is coming sort of deal.

>Should be C/U 3.
Cast/Unbind?

Despite his best efforts, not all Death units serve Nagash. The Flesheater Courts, for example.

Yeah sorry. It's how me and my mates type it out.

the bright blue makes it look like a cheap children's board game like mouse trap or something

Yes.

Oh thank goodness I was getting worried there for a minute.

>Archaon finds [s]jesus[/s] sigmar
>Repents
>$500 Archaon Stormcast model

jesus

I could have sworn it was square braces

How long until we get Lizardcasts

ok i give up

Try again.

it is square braces. you just did it wrong.

derp

Never, why would Sigmar want some dog shit lizard nigger memories for his super bling super squad?

sigmars shiny thunderapes cant even handle a bunch of birds; he needs all the help he can get

(spoils)Just use control S(turn this black)

The Seraph-knights are going to be a while but will almost assuredly happen.

I'm guessing they're not gonna be like the Sigmarines though, just more magical looking Saurus knights with more advanced looking equipment I would guess.

You have to post your email address and password first, then you'll get an email unlocking spoilertag privileges. Don't worry, it shows up as stars to everyone but you.
********@gmail.com

see?

>********
Hunter2

>Saurus riding Dracoths

I'm okay with this

That's the one. Thank you.

That would be the dankest shit ever.

>Slann riding Stardrakes

Nah, it's funnier the other way round.

So I was thinking about how Be'lakor could be a part of the setting and I came up with an idea

Be'lakor is basically the new Malal, more specifically anti-Archaon
The reason being Be'lakor is jealous of Archaon being a Mary Sue and wining at everything he does, so Be'lakor has his own forces to fuck over Archaon and make him look bad in the eyes of the Chaos Gods

>The Seraph-knights are going to be a while but will almost assuredly happen.

They already have knights.

Quints of truth. I was thinking something similiar actually.

Witnessed
I think having him as a bitter rival to archaon, like in fantasy would be best, he doesn't have to represent an entire rival army though.

>The Slann use them like fat people use mopeds.

Be'lakor will be fighting a shadow war with Malerion over Ulgu.

>Witnessed
Be'Lakor is pretty shit in the rules sadly.

It's not an imgur but I got the art up to balance of power, tags are boring to put since all of them can't fit in my options at once.

Yes, but those knights aren't BIG HULKING ARMOUR enough for sigmar.

Sigmar doesn't want Serashits either though.

There's a guy named Marrok who's doing Lizardcast conversions.

Daemon princes are so shit.

It's actually kind of funny. My princes in 40k are absolute rape machines, capable of killing damn near anything and I swear by them.

In AOS? They can get murdered really easily. Too easily. And don't really hit that hard either.

You think so? I like him. Could use a couple more wounds (like all Daemon Heroes) and a more powerful spell but otherwise he's fine I think.

Yeah, I have Be'Lakor leading my forces in 40k, in AoS he's just meh. At least I can use most of what I have in both :P

Normal Princes are meh but Be'lakor is immune to Rend with a nifty Sword a trolling ability and Lvl 2 Wizard with an ok spell.

It's really weird that only Tzeentch Princes can be shitty casters though.

>Oh noez they can't kill entire armies on their own! They sure are shit.

Are you physically retarded? Daemon Princes are awesome. Wound-per-Wound Daemon Princes are fast as hell and smashy as hell. Nurgle in particular loves these guys because they're faster and killier than Nurgle's otherwise fastest and killiest units.
And Be'lakor in particular is extremely good, with his unrendable 4+ save that he can easily boost to 3+ because not only is he a Wizard, he can also cast twice per turn.

And do you really think they're any better in 40k? Because last time I checked the only way to make sure a Daemon Prince survives the first enemy shooting phase is to give him wings, thereby pretty much making his great WS, I, S and A completely irrelevant and reducing him to Mastery Levels and maybe a shooty Relic.

Um... yeah they are absolute beasts in 40k. Special mention goes to the biomancy nurgle prince with a balesword.

They all do well for me.

Any info when new Sylvaneth coming out?

Hmm I stand somewhat corrected then. I just lumped them in with Greater Daemons as trash tier.

Not after the whole losing his hammer deal. It's why sigmar has trust issues.

As someone with a new Bloodthirster kit, this makes me a sad panda.

It especially stung when I realised a carnosaur makes my Bloodthirster look like a bitch.

Don't worry, they are pretty damn killy. We don't know if they will be OP/UP til points anyway. They just aren't as menacing as they should feel like.

Archaon is just such a cool character. He's I haven't seen many chaos players argue about and instead agree on ironically compared to something like abbadon in 40k.

Also, new chaos warrior sculpts when? they're the epitome of old fantasy posing, and a generic kit with every weapon option (also could make chosen but I like those models myself) would make me so hard.
I want a reason to rebase my warriors since 25mm squares are better than 32s in every way

So I've got this army:

Bloab Rotspawned,
Bloodstoker,
Herald of Tzeentch on Burning Chariot,
Lord of Khorne on Juggy,
Lord on Daemonic Mount,

Brass Stampede formation (guaranteed mortal wounds on charge) -
3 units of 3 Skullcrushers
2 Gorebeast Chariots of Khorne
2 Burning Chariots of Tzeentch

Soul Grinder

Who should I make my general of the lord on daemonic mount and khorne lord and should I replace one of the burning chariots for a regular chaos chariot and gorebeast chariot?

The Lord on Daemonic mount really makes the gorebeasts strong as fuck, but once they die he's pretty gash, whereas the Lord on Juggy gives a meh boost when they charge, but I have more khorne stuff.

are you joking? entire AoS generals have been trashed by neckbeards arguing about whether or not Archaon is lame/ANIME/Mary sue/edgy etc etc etc...

There are edgy animes about bulky armored vikings? where?

Rumours point to June/July

Trying to find this, but I'm not getting anything on Google.

I'm all for new scenery, and this one might look very good with a better colour scheme, but the paint job displayed is honestly baffling - what is GW thinking?

Maybe it's best to keep the Khorne Lord and be more consistent - also any good options for head swaps for it?

Hey guys what armies have unique and interesting playstyles?

Outside of "run at it and punch it until it falls over."

Any army that relies heavily on Synergy will be unique. Skaven are pretty fun and unique, as are Goblins.

A lot of bloodbound units deal damage by getting hurt-wraithmonger for example literally explodes in a fountain of blood forcing opponents to attack their own unit(or themselves!) in a frezy of violence. Stormcasts like to ̶S̶T̶E̶E̶L̶ ̶R̶A̶I̶N̶ deep strike on the table thanks to formations and little shits like the vexillor, but, most of all, all armies now works in total synergy insetad of "strong unit beat weak unit". heroes usually don't perform too well individually but, as any leader can do they can buff units to the extreme and make even goblin a fearsome opponent.

Isn't that the map from Doom?

What are bloodbound like to play as?

Not all Greater Daemons are trash, either. A GUO has a great Command, incredible survivability and an absolutely amazing unique spell for example and the bog-standard Unfettered Fury Bloodthirster is pretty decent, too. It's just the KoS and LoC that are giving the Greater Daemons a bad rep.

there are several way to play them.
You have a bit of everything.
you can play as your herat commands but overall they hit hard and a lot of them can deal damage even during defence.
its all about how you play them I personally see them rolling with a big blob of bllodreavers(their basic infantry)buffed and supported by elite units and heroes: an aspiring deathbringer to give them an extra attack, wraithmongers to give another extra attack and to make big kit heroes(like archaon and nagash)literally kill themselves, some warriors because they are your bnb and a chaos altar to buff your whole army to the extreme.
but really, its all up to you in the end, you can either go full cavalry and play an entire army of juggernauts or whatever.
Aos is pretty "open"in list building, since hitting and wounding are fixed almost every unit, properly played, is viable. So usually its not what are you broinging, but how you play it.
(of course, if your opponent brings the cheese you need countermeasures, but almost every army has some tricks to deal with anything. The game works excellently when played with "i field one unit, you field one"because fielding becomes pretty strategic with picks and counterpicks. its surpisingly easy to balance too when played against a reasonable human beign).

Are you kidding? the kos is insane.
his attacks are not bad at all8he attacks a LOT harder than a demon prince, well, obviously), has a cool fluffy ability(dark gift), he's a mage and his command ability can make a slaanesh demons unit pile in and attack TWICE. An entire unit. including him! That's pretty rad inmho.

Flesh-Eaters rely so much on their reinforcement and not-summoning that they really feel unique because you need to build your army according to a very clear strategy to stand a chance.

Scourge Privateers are fun because they're so ass backwards: Your crossbow infantry wants to get real close to the enemy while your chariots want to stay as far away as possible. And their monster is damn slow while their overall movement is pretty high.

Dispossessed Dorfs are THE stand-and-shoot army, which feels pretty new and refreshing compared to all the "charge it then hit it" armies that are currently being pushed.

Ogres are fun, because there are so very few models on your side, especially if you play a Beastclaw army, like 7 or 8 models at 50 wounds.

for someone fighting them, Bloodbound look like the stereotypical "run at it and punch it until it falls over" army, but for the guy playing them, they are very engaging, because they have a thousand inter-dependent factors governing what buffs what unit the best and you must maintain a very careful balance between charge buffs and attack buffs. Too little of the former and you won't make it into melee, too little of the latter and you won't be able to do anything once you're there, too much of both and you'll have barely any units to actually take advantage of it.