Android Netrunner General - /anrg/

>Question of the day:
Have the Liberated Mind datapack disappointed you?

>What is Android: Netrunner?
youtube.com/watch?v=VAslVfZ9p-Y

>Android Netrunner Official FFG News & Spoilers:
fantasyflightgames.com/en/news/tag/android-netrunner-the-card-game/
boardgamegeek.com/blogpost/24049/netrunner-spoilers
cardgamedb.com/index.php/netrunner/android-netrunner-card-spoilers

>Floor rules
images-cdn.fantasyflightgames.com/filer_public/66/62/66628aed-d2e3-41c3-9ea2-1caae96b104f/adn-floor-rules.pdf

>Official FAQ (post-MWL), Compendium on rulings, and common mistakes
images-cdn.fantasyflightgames.com/filer_public/c9/e5/c9e522d2-d9f6-4053-9a80-684198c25fa5/adn_faq_v301.pdf
ancur.wikia.com/wiki/Project_ANCUR_Wiki
reddit.com/r/postalelf/comments/2sm1d2/welcome_to_netrunner/

>Netrunner Card List and Data Pack Details:
netrunnerdb.com/
blackat.co.uk
acoo.net
github.com/shyndman/ono-sendai (You’ll need to build it yourself)

>Deckbuilding Resources:
netrunnerdb.com/
meteor.stimhack.com/
acoo.net
cardgamedb.com/index.php/netrunner/android-netrunner-deck-builder (not recommended)

>Articles and Blogs:
teamcovenant.com/blog/category/netrunner-lcg/
cardgamedb.com/index.php/index.html/_/android-netrunner
stimhack.com/

>Podcasts
runlastclick.blogspot.ca/
canlaugh.com/nerdrunners/
northerngamingnetwork.com/tagme/
thewinningagenda.com/

Other urls found in this thread:

imgur.com/a/hP3mN
youtube.com/watch?v=Ut71GSfsTko
netrunnerdb.com/en/decklist/34592/the-creative-principle
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Link to spoilers
imgur.com/a/hP3mN

Liberated Mind definetly didn't dissapointment me as a Shaper and NBN player. All of packs content feels unqiue and filled with hidden potential and I can't wait to see how it will affect the meta.

Of note is Dedicated Response Team which can flatline the runner since it triggers after the run ends.

I think I know the answer to this, but From the Ashes will not trigger Ken from the heap, right?

It will still trigger Doppelganger though. So...run, run, run.

Probably not, since you don't play the card, but instead remove it from play.

Agreed, you're removing the card from play to make a run, you're not actually playing the event.

Yeah, though for all six even Ken would only be left with 5 inf

What could be fun (though probably better in shaper) is pic related, especially if the Corp is generous enough to have undefended servers

Also I just noticed red tape is 1 inf, which is pretty nice I guess

Could you leave all 6 in archives and remove them all at the same time to make 6 runs before you spend your first click?

I'm not sure why you would want to, outside of notoriety, but I'm always intrigued by weird mechanics like that. I suppose it could be useful in a prepaid deck or making wanton/apoc runs.

>outside of Notoriety,
Oh god, that's my calling. I want it now.

I think so, hence the pic there.

>Hey, how about a card that makes high strength ice not only easy to get through, but cheaper for the runner than lower strength ice?
Who thought this was a good idea? And in Anarch of all factions, home of Parasite/Datasucker?

Color me mas as hell about the no new ID.

Red Tape makes me interested on the "All ICE" department. Apart from Bullfrog, there's some shenanigans I4m not seeing, or things yet to come.

Consulting visit is kind of terrifying. At first glance at least.

Dedicated Neural Net makes my inner Jank builder grin.

Exchange of information is mean. And makes you want to score 15minutes.

Out of the Ashes cement my current opinion that Shapers got the best consumer grade cards.

I love Information Sifting. Probably going to be hated by a lot of runners (who wants to self mind game?).

Agreed on the comment about The Noble Path and Anarch being the risk it all faction again.

It was needed in Anarch specifically because it was the faction of Parasite/Datasucker. D4V1D was meant to cover a weakness unique to Anarch, but in some respects I think way overstated by the designers: their native tools means they can be shut out by high str ICE. Regardless of their econ.

I've been thinking D4V1D should have been something along the lines of "ignore" a subroutine on a piece of 5 or + str. That way it wouldn't have combed with the cutlery suite. Which I think would have been fairer.

Looking back at it, I'm almost wondering why Information Sifting isn't an Anarch card...

So Spags Hayley is more oppressive than Dumblefork ever was right? Theres no winning against it they have infinite money and any answer at instant speed

No need to change D4v1d. Instead, make the cutlery suite only work if you use an icebreaker to break all subroutines.

I think consulting visit effectively makes NBN the flatline faction.

Easier access to Scorch or midseason when you need it... *sigh*

All I wanted was to be a Weyland troubleshooter.

It really seems like a Criminal card to me. Anarch has some strong reasons to want it, but that doesn't mean it should be in-faction. They already have the best ways of breaking or straight up trashing low strength ice. If they want to deal with high strength ice using a similar rig, they ought to pay through the nose either with economy or with influence.

Instant speed tutors killed Netrunner. Starting with SMC.
Special Order is fine, Test Run is fine, even Code Siphon is fine.
SMC killed expose and facechecking.

Instant speed things re the reason the game is fun

Man, a suitably rich Weyland deck could have a lot of fun with consultation and Mumbad city hall.

Step 1: Get city hall out.
Step 2: City Hall for at least one Museum.

Step 3:Tag the runner - a Midseasons consultation would be a good way to do it, so they don't clear straight away.

Step 4: City Hall:Consultation -> Scorch. City Hall plays the op, so it plays scorch from anywhere in the deck, for 2 clicks and 5 credits
Step 5: put either (or both) scorched or consultation back into R&D.
Step 6: Repeat 4-5 until you run out of money

I guess the gambling angle has been a discreet part of the crim cards for a while (if only Push Your Luck)... but still I tend to expect cards on their end to be more about a certain degree of certitudes than possible self-hurt for possible higher gain, which is something I tend to associate more with Anarch, and which that cards seems to promote to me. I mean, just compare with Legwork... I don't know, I can see the degree of control and state reading with HQ reveal cards, I guess...

One thing Crims really need now is some cards that allow them to compliment their tools that doesn't really on HQ runs.

We've had that conversation several times already, and I certainly think the designers haven't been as careful about paid-abilites time windows as they should.
One way to solve many issues would have been to keep the ONR time structure of a run, that way, for one, the runner couldn't have used SMC before having encountered the ICE first.

Yes and no, certainly there's lot of interesting stuff happening in the interstitial space between clicks, and some of it does create interesting states, but I kinda see that other user's point about the killing of face-checking...

Well, the change to D4V1D means only one card to errata... though it does mean the creation of a new keyword with "ignore"...
Debatable. I tend to prefer the D4V1D errata as it still allows things like Grappling Hook E3 to work with cutlery... which might be why you'd prefer the later to be amended.

I wish it wasn't an Alliance card for sure. Would have been a lot more balanced in favor of Weyland, which would have been a good thing.

Wait, so with the new Rebirth, you can start the game with professor and then go into Kate/Exile/Haley and keep all that juicy program variety?

Yep. You can also go with Kit, Sareen, or CT. They may be more situational, but literally any other ID is an upgrade for the Professor (Even Nasir in personal workshop builds)

For David you don't even need a new ignore keyword, just say "Prevent the subroutine from firing"

Yep.
Also Andy into Gabe/Iain/Leela

Anarch gets least use out of it, but Val into MaxX might work, or Whiz/Ed Kim for variable trashing

Well, personally I don't have anything against D4v1d, or Grappling Hook either. But I get the feeling that since Cutlery was meant to be used along with Eater, making Cutlery only work with icebreakers would be a nice touch. Plus, it fucks over Faust players that play E3 to cheat the costs.

Yup, much more elegant.

>One way to solve many issues would have been to keep the ONR time structure of a run, that way, for one, the runner couldn't have used SMC before having encountered the ICE first.

Thinking back on this, just imagine the state of the game with that small change. Shapers mid-run shenanigans are far less powerful, though certainly not useless. Expose suddenly gains back a bit of value.

I wouldn't mind doing Snitch + 3 Au Revoir for 18 credits to setup for a run.

So what happens when neither side can win anymore? Enough agendas were forfeited to pay for abilities and the corp can't kill the runner, and the runner can't trash a Museum for whatever reason, does the game end in a draw?

Corp loses to getting decked.
Runner has no lose condition so it is a win for him.
Only thing Corp can do is try to time out.

Goes to time, or else someone must concede.

That said, I can't see why the runner wouldn't be able to hit the museum, unless they're completely locked out of a server

Is it just me or have most Anarch and Criminal decks felt like carbon copies of each other?

No, but that's what happens when everyone plays the same cards.
On the anarch side we got Faustcakes everywhere. Two main branches dominates the landscape, Noise branch to threat archives, and the whizzard branch to threat remotes.
There are some that still play Minh Max though. And as someone pointed out, we have no new anarch ID since 18 months.

Criminal side is more varied. We have the old time classic Siphon spam, but we also have Geist shenanigans for extra draw, Leela Gang Signs, and I catched a glimpse of Iain Connections the other day.

Just picked up Creation and Control. The only other set I have is Core.

Anything I need to know or prep for? Pretty excited to see how it changed my Bioroid deck.

People don't usually talk about it because C&C is seen as weak for HB, but it changes quite a bit.
It focus more on the click tax and brain damage. Also includes 3 new ways to get extra clicks.

As oppressive as Wizard feels it seems that he is even with Kim.

Not quite. From what I've seen, Assets are more popular than Operations.

I based my claim on my Jinteki encounters 2 Kims to every 3 Wizards out of 7 Anarch games.

What's a good counter for this? Not being able to rez any ice really hurts.

Have 2 ice deep servers.

Oh yeah, I forgot it only locks you from rezzing the first ice, my bad.

surat city grid

How often do you guys make decks from scratch? Or do you prefer modifying existing ones?

Or Executive Bootcamp.

Always. Partially because I only own the core set and many of the cards from the first draft.

Almost always. I like designing decks around a concept or card.

youtube.com/watch?v=Ut71GSfsTko

Pretty interesting take on the Silhouette Swift-Shadow Lock. Those 6 Exclusive Party are a very controversial include.

If there's any deck that warrants them, its a 40 card pressure one.

Something about Haarp Shop decks annoys me. Haarpsichord studios is supposed to be happy and sunny Old Hollywood sensie studio, but most decks that uses that Identity try to turn into quick murder facility...

Though admittedly as a Haarp player myself, I find ID's reputation quite amusing.
>Midseason hits
>"Are you going to flatline me now?"
>"What?! Don't be ridiculous! We are sensie studio not mercenery company. We are going to make you a movie star!"

Where do you think they get their action scenes and special effects? Like the flavor text on Lateral Growth says, practical effects are worth it. They just use the runner instead of bioroid stuntmen.

This.

Though with the amount of pointless conference calls I have to be on for work, I've started churning out deck ideas with a deckbuilding app on my phone. I don't play too many of them, but it can be a fun distraction.

What's the Jankyiest deck ya got?

Okay crazy annoying card idea:
Taunter
NBN Upgrade Sysop Rez 2
Whenever Runner makes a run on this server give Runner 1 tag.
Whenever Runner accesses Tauner while installed Runner may remove any number of tags.
2 or Click: Install Taunter in another server.
Trash cost 0

Kind of like Bandwidth, but making sure you are tagging the runner.

Hey guys, you thought Faust was a pain.
Enter the Brahman.

I'm guessing pair it with counter-type ice breakers then use Brahman on weak ice to refresh them?

And Femme Fatale. I've played one game. If they get rolling, it's hard to stop.

How would you offset Femme's expensive cost though?

Overpowered. Basically reads "Whenever the runner makes a run, pay 2c to give them a tag."

Doesn't the wording imply that the upgrade has to be in the server when the run was initiated?

>Haarpsichord studios is supposed to be happy and sunny Old Hollywood sensie studio
Yes, but it's not like Hollywood studios haven't been implicated in all sorts of dodgy things before

Oh, yes, missed that. But the tag removal clause only matters when the corp has no money. I just think it's a bit too cheap.

Make it so that the tag removal happens when it is trashed, not accessed, and it's fine.

London Library everything. Hayley can put out 3 programs with 2 clicks the same turn she's running. Brahman will put everything back on top of RD during the run. It needs careful planning but it's really strong. Add LLDS and not even strength is a problem.

Daaaaaaaammmnnn. There's a one turn gap between runs as you take everything back into your hand to setup for the next run, but that's pretty good.

Oh, but Housekeeping could prove to be quite the tax for this.

>Have the Liberated Mind datapack disappointed you?

Not at all, barely new jank coming through here.

Synch Switcheroo

SYNC: Everything, Everywhere

Agenda (9)
3x Breaking News
1x Global Food Initiative •
1x Puppet Master
3x Restructured Datapool
1x 15 Minutes

Asset (7)
2x Ghost Branch
2x Jackson Howard
1x Shattered Remains
2x Snare! ••••

Operation (17)
1x Archived Memories ••
2x Casting Call
2x Exchange of Information
3x Hedge Fund
2x Media Blitz
2x Mushin No Shin ••••
1x Scorched Earth ••••
3x Sweeps Week
1x 24/7 News Cycle

Barrier (4)
2x Resistor
2x Wraparound

Code Gate (3)
1x Archangel
2x Enigma

Sentry (4)
2x Data Raven
2x Gutenberg

15 influence spent (max 15)
19 agenda points (between 18 and 19)
44 cards (min 40)
Cards up to The Liberated Mind

Exchange and 15 Minutes are a hilarious combo

Weird to think that the whole cycle is now known, if not fully out.

Rebirth is some dumb bullshit. I'm firmly of the belief that any cards that didn't begin the game in play (or were removed from play during the course of the game) should NEVER be brought into play.

>vanilla
>[back with] a brand new invention

netrunnerdb.com/en/decklist/34592/the-creative-principle

yeah! lets remove the drawback to having an "at the beginning of the game" ability! what could possibly go wrong :DDD

Seems like it would get rekt by Caprices and Battys.
pic related

>professor has to use his only influence slot on a single copy of it
>Val still has 50 cards and Bad pub doesn't synergize with the faust game plan
>Andy turns into Leela half way through the game once things are already rezzed or gains the almighty ability of Ian Stirling.

>>professor has to use his only influence slot on a single copy of it
you can only run one copy of it anyway
>>Val still has 50 cards and Bad pub doesn't synergize with the faust game plan
Faust isnt the only anarch breaker
>>Andy turns into Leela half way through the game once things are already rezzed or gains the almighty ability of Ian Stirlin
andy turning into anyone is an upside more powerful than most cards.
(you)

The author says the deck is pretty janky. I suppose one can prepare for Caprice and Batty by including a few Councilmen.

Now that Valencia is gone, NAPD is coming back. How does that make you feel?

I don't really care. NBN kill uses Explode-a-palooza anyway, and it costs 1 inf now. I think GFI will still be more popular.

What's up with Torch Kit getting suddenly popular again?

Is it? Why? I don't see anything new for it.

4+ str code gates making a come back in some places?

They are everywhere but Weyland (until the Flashpoint cycle).

Even then it's pack 5 or so, from what we've seen

That said, red tape might be pretty good

On the one hand, the more measured runner in me wants to say, well, people were playing the same deck, only with Chameleon + Femme already... the other hand is looking for the first one to do some golf-clapping.

Lovely looking jank. Would totally play.

One thing you might want to look into, Reversed Account. Sometimes it's nice to make them regret not running that Mushin.

And a runner at zero credits is going to hate you having scored a Datapool.

Though, given you're playing SYNC, might be overkill.