Warmahordes General

Salt Mines Of Sul Edition

Warmachine/Hordes Books, No Quarter, & IKRPG
textuploader com / 5wm4h
PP Youtube (gameplay tutorials, tournament coverage, and announcements)
youtube.com/user/PrivateerPressPrime
List building at
forwardkommander.com
schlaf.github.io/whac_online/whac.html
Latest Errata
privateerpress.com/files/WM MKII Rules Errata Jan 2016.pdf
Steamroller Rules
privateerpress.com/organized-play/steamroller-tournaments
The Giant List of Podcasts and Blogs
privateerpressforums.com/showthread.php?76379-Warmachine-Hordes-related-blogs-websites-and-forums
Table of contents for all NQ issues
privateerpressforums.com/showthread.php?4313-Table-Of-Contents-For-All-No-Quarter-Issues
Abridged Lore
gargantuans abridged:pastebin.com/XPKMKYUc
Exigence abridged: pastebin.com/6D1fwSgv
devastation abridged: pastebin.com/KxkzfnXj

Lexicanum Iron Kingdoms Lore wiki:
warmachine.lexicanum.com/wiki/Main_Page

Other urls found in this thread:

strawpoll.me/10138678
imgur.com/a/QWvJG
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

there's salt in them thar mines

>Thats why venethrax can collect souls off of people he kills, right?
Not anymore. His mk2 feat is now an ability on his sword so every model he kills in melee is removed from play.

So will they come out with a new edition of the RPG to correspond with the new rules?

Really don't think PoM players should be salty, seems like they came out just fine so far.

what factions do you play, not just own but actually play?

strawpoll.me/10138678 (embed)

J. Soles here (prove that it isn't)

Someone on twitter showed me what some of you have been writing about me and, honestly, some of it was flabbergasting. So after a good laugh (and a little Fernet) I came here to tell you off.

@47320686
Unnecessarily homophobic, but accurate. We don't need to be friends, just buy the games.
@47320710
Witty and funny? Talented? Are you familiar with Unhallowed Metropolis, the gas-mask chic role-playing game of Neo-Victorian horror?
@47320790
sigh
These are the kinds of childish insults I expected when I signed up for a Fourchan.

I'll leave you all to your toxic thinking and vehement hostility.

Ciao

>Harbinger still FOCUS 10
>Still has Purification
>PoM players somehow still find it possible to whine

wew!

Agreed. Their jack support got some nerfs but jacks overall should be better. It won't be just Reckoner and done.

Nope. They've stated that the RPG will continue seperately and won't be getting official changes based on the new edition either. Which honestly I think is a good plan on the 1st part and a terrible idea on the 2nd.

Skorne spoilers please :^)

fuck off leftist faggot

>signed up for a Fourchan.

So close.

Fix your fucking haircut

Anyone got the battlebox images saved?

>PP on Skorne and Menoth

If it's a cloud effect, does this mean that Venny is effectively blinding himself?

He already activated and hit something with a sword, he's protecting himself from being seen

⬆️

Mr Soles, with respect, I have a question.

Why do you have such a fucking stupid haircut? You look like a giant version of the baby from Who Framed Roger Rabbit

Daily reminder that vassals are now shittier arcanists that cannot even repair.
When will PP's lust for elf cock end?

Don't do the whole "prove that it isn't."

It pretty well suggest you aren't him, since you're doing the whole Veeky Forums thing.

Also, better to fill in the name field, someone who's not from Veeky Forums is going to likely do it. Maybe not with the actual name, but at least something.

Anybody have a hold of the leaked cards? I keep hearing that they have been "posted to facebook", but I refuse to touch that website, even for sweet, sweet spoilers

imgur.com/a/QWvJG

not that Recky got the hard nerv bat at all. Losing assault ok give you that, but uncovering stealth and gaining an additional die on Malekus feat turn sound like a fucking strong gunline. Also Pow 15 gun instead of 13 ( 17 with choir). Can´t wait to burn down the other half of the playing field.

are you retarded? I was making an example of how skornergy continues to exists.

you know if your in a cloud you can see through the cloud, right? Even if your at max reach you can move after you attack so it just protects him.

>recently move to Erie
>two game stores nearby
>neither stock warmahordes
>both try to sell me on Magic
>mk3s a comin'

Elves don't have choirs denying being shot at and other bullshit. We deserve better mechanics because we're not pedos analizing little boys.

POW 14 now, dear user.

>ROF 3 big aoe pretty good pow shooting

Fuck off with the PoM whining. We pretty much have to suck PP's dick to try and get AOE 4 on a ROF 1 Destroyer, if we're lucky.

sure, but enliven is so bad now.
You will see it cast lest often than arcane bolt at this rate, and paying 4 points just for power booster seems super lame
also
>implying most guns in the game aren't magical at this point

Why, because you take the hit?

I use Watcher to constantly blunt enemy charges by walking away. Trust me, taking the hit isn't that fucking big of a deal.

you take at least 2 boosted hits, since enliven triggers on damaged

And you still keep your jack.

Better than taking it's full load of damage, right?

Modeling question.

How do I make Venethrax's shoulders larger and head smaller to better reflect his art?

Still worth it against melee.
Still the same against shooting.

you take more than the full load of damage against infantry now, since they all get a free strike plus one still gets the charge.
In fact it gets even worse if any ran to engage, since now you are taking hits from models that would have no attack at all

Will likely take upwards of 22-24 damage from the two attacks, likely breaks a cortex and all the arms and then you cant retaliate even if you repair, better than dead, but with the new Enliven you take double the damage of what you did before.

>not using Enliven to turn around and shake dat ass at the enemy in pure mockery

plebs.

Oh thank you sir.
I have nearly 150 points of Menoth but i didn´t wanted deliverers and cleansers just because they sucked too hard. well i can get my threat for both units for about 40€, also Artillery will be good (again?).

>sure, but enliven is so bad now.

It really isn't. It's that it was so good before. Enliven is no longer a "get out of a charge free" card. It's now "Your warjack has Relentless Advance" now. Not bad, but nobody used it that way before because it was better to give the Reckoner/Vanquisher an extra shot while they ran towards the opponent.

>Will likely take upwards of 22-24 damage from the two attacks, likely breaks a cortex and all the arms and then you cant retaliate even if you repair, better than dead, but with the new Enliven you take double the damage of what you did before.

Or- if your jack was being marshalled by the Bastion Seneschal, just take the hit because crippled systems don't matter to you thanks to his drive.

Or, if you were hit by a ranged attack or spell, you use it to advance closer after you were damaged and put yourself in a better position to charge on your next turn.

Or you run with Severius2 and use his Oracular Vision ability to negate the free strike.

>not analyzing little boys so they can become badass errants.
What are you? gay?!

>well i can get my threat for both units for about 40€, also Artillery will be good (again?)

Yes. Artillery is basically a range 16 Vanquisher's gun.

I demand a meme picture with Malekus making this one hands on cheeks guy and a whole jack army in the background firing fire shots.

Or you repair it then empower it (with the model that used enliven the previous turn) so it still gets to slam or charge.

Or the jack has parry. Like under Amon whom has field marshal parry.

I'm also going to call into question
>breaks a cortex and all the arms

That's worst case scenario. Damage goes into spots randomly. It's entirely possible the cortex is left around.

Consider instead what it would be like if PP didn't make these balance passes based on testing. Imagine the Menoth jack line now with power up. On Harby. Imagine the only infantry being vassal mechaniks, vassals of menoth, and choir at full FA while you load up on jacks.

How the hell does an opponent kill anything? In a world where Skarre2's feat got nerfed. In a world where Haley2 is nerfed. Where the baseline power of casters isn't that level anymore.

I'm a little bit weirded out that Malekus' story is literally turning ultra-catholic because he got raped by protestant priests as a kid.

>stay away from magic its crack

More like a Jew who was persecuted by Christians and made up a story about 6 million children being maltreated in a school.

>More like a Jew who was persecuted by Christians and made up a story about 6 million children being maltreated in a school.

Or a bunch of heretical Jews getting persecuted by pagans and becoming Christians.

Please don't let them become Christians. I like Christmas.

nebber forget stryker and the 6 gorillion my brudders

It's amazing how well this works.

Pfff you don´t know what ultra catholics are. Thank god they are always kicked in the ass by the inquisition. The SJM are would even put the protectorate too shame.

"A German term for “lightning war,” blitzkrieg is a military tactic designed to create disorganization among enemy forces through the use of mobile forces and locally concentrated firepower."

HMM.

HEY WRITER GUY WHO HAD TO WORK WITH MIKE RYAN.

How did you come by the opportunity? Did you just send a bunch of your work in to PP? I've never seen them actually put up notices for writers or anything, they seem like a pretty tight group that relies on a bunch of familiar writers.

Cyg Hailey "mein Freund".
Need a picture with Stryker + raised right arm. preferable with an 45° angle.

Skorne has so much design space for them to release a new model that's actually good.

The only heavies that are even worth using now are the sentry and soldier. I love how the giant weird bugs are higher def than titans now.

I wonder if making Stryker3 with a Nazi banner would be taken well at game stores.

I haven't been here since the initial mk3 craze, has any info about my beloved assault kommandos come out?

Since they're an expensive metal unit, I expect nothing but buffs for them. That's been the biggest trend I've spotted. Like with Skorne, the best combo revealed is Rhadeim + Ferox, which is a combo that costs $120. While all the plastic kits became hot garbage.

I want Stry3r in BDSM-Pony outfit, including ball-gag, with Kr3oss sitting on top.
The amount of butthurt would be great.

That would be nice. I should really get around to painting my flamethrowers.

the jack changes have made my MoW kovnik seem a little better, too

MoW kovnik is kinda pointless for marshaling though. Assault on rat 4 is basically a non-drive.

But I'd still bring him as a combat solo that can desperate pace winter guard and slam light jacks and beasts.

F I E L D G U N
I
E
L
D
G
U
N

I mostly just take him because he has an axe-cannon and is a MoW without needing a full MoW unit.

sometimes his Destroyer gets things done too

Good point, my rat 5 knockdown will surely fix my rat 4 problems.

Def 12 titans made sense to me, because while they're huge, they're fucking muscular. I can see them moving quickly compared to a giant machine.

The muscles were factored into the armour. Muscles absorb hella impact force you know, and when your skin is resistant to cutting, the muscles gotta absorb that force.

What I'd like to know is whether or not the Cyclops Raider is now the worst model in the faction. I'm talking Mk2 eMorghoul before his good tier list levels of bad.

And Kovnik Joe?

It's good for keeping Eiryss in check :^)

So now they have lower armor and def and their animus is worse. Are they gonna be full DYEL mode like the despoiler or some shit? Fuck I'm salt.

I don't think the Raider's armour is being lowered. They've just removed the only reason you ever used one. Just give it RAT2 or something holy shit.

FUCK

Why did eSkarre get nerfed so hard.

Fucking +5 def, just knock it down with the huge number of ways, no perdition, no steady for satyxis models, black spot costs 3

that's horseshit, she wasn't tought, was terrible in the tournament scene

(Maybe.)

The hit isn't certain.

Cry more Cryx baby

I hope Cylena and the Nyss get nerfed.

They're far too popular; especially in Denny1 lists.

Can't spell Cryx without Cry.

>DEF 15 Krakens

k.

she entirely lost her purpose in the game while Cryx was always an army that had better casters to make up for the rest.

With all the nerfs there is no threat

>Cryx thinks this is a bad caster

She's great. Her feat is amazing defensive tech, she can drop incredible debuffs on shit, she can get the best out of her troops... she's a great caster, she's just not Cryx Level Good anymore, because Cryx Level Good no longer exists.

Which is good, because Cryx was bullshit.

Keeping crying, though.

Shh, just accept it

Black Spot works on melee now though.

It may have been a response to the 30 bane lists.

>Cryx was always an army that had better casters to make up for the rest.
You mean make up for the bullshit mechanitrhalls, banes, solos, and bile thralls?

Black Spot always worked on melee you idiot

>Cryx was always an army that had better casters to make up for the rest.

'The rest' being cheap, hard-hitting infantry with tons of special abilities and very often the ability to come back after death?

Fuck off mate, Cryx had the best infantry in the game AND the overall best 'casters in the game.

that's pSkarre

Here's what I, a Skorne player, think of a Cryx warcaster being unusable.

Oops. I always confuse Pirate Queen and Queen of the Broken Coast.

She never gave Steady to Satyxis. That was the Raider Captain. She had Inspiration [Satyxis], which doesn't exist anymore because fleeing is gone.

>nicebust.jpg

Def 14 and hunter no longer ignores forests.
Innate CRA and Cylena grants Hunter now.
1" reach.
Cost 12/19. (Which is actually a PC reduction as they are 7/10 now. So basically 6/9.5)

Looking like their real balance factor is other shooty units that competed with them getting cheaper.

Between freezes, fire for effect, sings and portents, aoe scatters and clam powerattacks Khador has enough ways to fix the rat 4. If worst comes to worst kovnink can slam the target himself.

The bigger problem I see with assault on Khador jacks is that our jack melee is better than jack guns. If you're charging you want more pow 19 axe hits, not pow 15 shooting.

The only way I see assault being useful is demolisher dishing out an additional pie plate on charge. Whic is still kinda gimmicky.

She's not even unusable.

In mkii she'd have been pretty good, even. Cryx are just spoiled babbies used to having 'mediocre' casters that outperform the best of most factions and 'good' casters that are obviously, ridiculously unbalanced.

We made up for it for having trash jacks except our cheapish arc nodes (talking MK2) and stacked kraken lists

You made up for it by not taking those jacks...

I'm kind surprised the general POW of most heavy 'jack/beast weapons didn't go down. Or they didn't get more HP. Didn't PP say they didn't want these things onerounding each other most of the time?

It would probably have been a good idea to lower all heavy melee attacks by 2POW, but give them universal rule where they get +3 POW against small and medium based models. That would make warbeasts/jacks last longer and also make them hurt small stuff more.

It doesn't matter how good or bad your jacks are when you aren't being forced to bring them.

Your 'jacks are good, faggot. They're comparatively fragile, but they tear shit up.

You didn't take them because your infantry was miles better.

With a few rare exceptions, Cryx in mkii did not have bad models. It had good models and bullshit amazing models.