Warhammer 40k General

Don't trust this person, he is a Necron edition.

>Rules databases
mega.co.nz/#F!pFgm0RKR!J06C1gVYcjzNGsF8YNLsjQ
kat.cr/warhammer-40k-pdf-library-t9575373.html

>FAQs
games-workshop.com/en-GB/Rules-Errata

>40k 7th edition quick reference sheet(s)
dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/4104995/Games/7edRef_V7.pdf

>Forgeworld Book index
dakkadakka.com/wiki/en/Forge_World_and_Apocalypse_Rules_Index

>White Dwarves
mediafire.com/folder/tx4hcy4u487pv/WD

>Novels (Working link as of 02/02/2016)
mega.nz/#F!wx4BiKhD!YhnAf1BqSmAB8dO6xDM56Q

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=rCwn1NTK-50
youtube.com/watch?v=coE_f50F68c
mediafire.com/download/1w7bwdw8l093jl7/Derps_from_the_Skiez.pdf
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

So, if we don't use the Death from the Skies overbloated rules for DogFight, are the changes in the datasheet still valid?

The 10pt cheaper Valkyrie, the 11 armor StormTalon etc.

They just don't make commercials like they used to..

youtube.com/watch?v=rCwn1NTK-50

>Wharhammah! Wahrhammah!
>WarHAAAAMAAAAAAAAH!!

you'll get caught up in it!

Maybe?

>I don't want to use a new rulebook
>but I still want to use some parts of it for the benefits that benefit me

All or nothing faggot. If you're not "using" something why do you think you'll get the benefit of "using" it?

Hey shitster why are you linking to some MTG shit in the OP's edition.

>Somehow still forcing the chicken meme even though we've had 6 threads with the correct OP

Any tips on how to work with greenstuff for a starter on that stuff?
I'm trying to make a sexy toned chest for a morghast harbringer that I'll run as a C'tan.

youtube.com/watch?v=coE_f50F68c
>2015

I am with you either use its rules or not and the datasheets are part of that.

Did you make a new thread just to ask your shitty question and force your shitty meme?

You better believe it. I mean, it mostly impacts fliers in reserve and gives universal flier formations, and some cool universal rules like break turning. Now that I've read up on it, it doesn't seem so bad to implement.

Heldrakes don't seem that bad either. Being able to outmaneuver in reserve and then come on and vector strike and shoot again gives them at least SOME universal utility.

It was a reference to but I guess since you only enter threads to bitch about the OP image, you wouldn't have known.

Get Vaseline. Always lube up your tools and fingers before each contact with the greenstuff. Get a set of sculpting tools. Watch tutorials. Practice,

Personally, I think that some weapons should have Skyfire. Like those mounted on top of the turrets of bombers. It doesn't make sense for these turrets to be used offensively against ground targets and should be more useful vs flyers.

It doesn't benefit me at all. My faction has no changes in the supplement.

I didn't make this thread

>Sisters get FAQ and an errata
>I probably failed one of my finals today

My grades must have been a tribute.

Nigger what are you doing, go study. Get off Veeky Forums and fucking learn. Save the play for when you are done.

Everything Death from the Skies is official. Fortunately, it does say that the dogfight phase is optional and only used if both players agree.

No, unless you want to be as big a fag as your pic related.

...*Do* you want that?

No its that you linked to some random Magic Fag and not the actual joke.

Today was my last day of exams, user.

I did perfectly fine on one, but the second I choked and forgot a bunch of shit.

Learning a language is hard.

The better you do in school now the more 40k you can buy later.

Doesn't it say that you can force the other player to dogfighting if you throw the dice higher than him? Even than, you can run away from the fight if you wind the first round.

It still makes no sense to me that a supplement is obligatory.

Well it states if one player wants to use the rule and the other doesnt a roll off solves the problem.... to Games Workshop.

At my shop if you want to use it and your opponent doesn't then you either don't or don't play.

Literally get back to you faggot. Coming in here ass hot and ready to shit all over the thread.

It does say that. Dogfight phase occurs if both players agree, or one rolls higher than the other. Then you get to determine who the attacker is.

Even if there's no dogfight, the rest of the rules are there.

Honestly, I'd rather the dogfight phase was replaced by a Fleet phase.

I saw a link lead up and summary of the Eye of Terror summer campaign a while back. Does anyone have any similar info about the other 40k summer campaigns?

How would you feel about house ruling Chaos Daemons units with different daemonic alignments? Like changing Nurglings to be Daemons of Slaanesh and fluffing/modeling them accordingly?

What do you pirates use to create PDFs?

I really wish those changes weren't legal as a matter of fact.
I hate the 11 armor StormTalon.

Adobe.

Create? Google Docs

Totally fine for me, but I need to be sure it's for fun and fluff, not to be stronger.

A good rule of thumb is that everything you house ruled should be weaker than other alternatives.

That way no one should have anything to say about it.

Why don't Necron Fliers get the cool shielding to count as AV 13 till after the first hull point lost?
Night Scythes seem like an overly expensive fast rhino that forces important units into reserves.

In a normal game should there be enough space to land a single monolith?

Do you have to use the same type of aircraft for making a Flyer Wing? How many aircraft do you need for a flyer wing? Does the Squad leader table applies for single aircraft?

Maybe read the actual supplement before asking 20 questions. It has been posted enough that if anyone wants it they should have it.

Why can't we have good bombers?

mediafire.com/download/1w7bwdw8l093jl7/Derps_from_the_Skiez.pdf

I like how the Militarum Tempestus "frequently asked question" was one question that was most certainly only ever asked once.

Haven't seen them yet but if it is anything other than "Why did you give scions their own codex but not more diverse units?" then I will be disappoint.

That just means it was easier to answer all of the questions. What FAQs do you think need be asked about it?

Keeping in mind, of course, that balance isn't up for discussion, only clarity.

My chapter was created during the thirteenth Cursed Founding. Their geneseed contains a flaw which causes them to become fully delitized.

This is the text, word for word from the FB page:

>Q: Can I use Commissar Yarrick from Codex: Astra Militarum as my Lord Commissar in a Codex: Militarum Tempestus army? I want to add Tempestus Scions as Yarrick’s personal guard force, his security team if you will.

>A: Commissar Yarrick isn’t part of the the Militarum Tempestus Faction, so he can’t be part of a Militarum Tempestus Detachment in a Battle-forged army. Codex: Astra Militarum includes all the necessary rules for using your Tempestus Scions in an army with Yarrick.

Like what the fuck?

Your expectations on what would have been answered were fucking moronic to begin with, then. It's being made to clear up rules misunderstandings, it's not a panel on development.

>delitized

I dont get it, so they are happy marines?

What is the issue, then? Were you expecting further errata?

Nah bro I understand that, I need the entire codex's existence cleared up for me. I just don't understand it.

Why are there so many pissy people in this general?

How does my Sisters of Battle army look? Right now I think my biggest weaknesses are big flyers like Stormravens, and backfield heavy hitters like Hammerheads, Deredeos, and artillery.

Sisters of Battle 1500 pts 2xCAD

Canoness w/Rosarius, Warlord
Canoness

5x Battle Sister Squads
Sister Superior
Battle Sister w/ Heavy Flamer
3x Battle Sister
Immolator w/ TL Multi-Melta

3x Exorcist

Avenger Strike Fighter

Skyshield Landing Pad
Void Shield Generator w/ 3x Void Shields

Maybe! I definitely wasn't expecting some random bullshit question that would be answered if the guy looked in the codex once.

Hey gaiz?

Who the fuck are the two unnamed primarchs? Isn't it about time for that reveal?

How do we make Ravenwing be on par with their counterparts within the 1st Company?

I imagine if you explain why you are ere, you'll be able to apply that answer to the other pissy people.

What questions did you ask to have FAQd re: Tempestus?

>start building DE army 6 months ago
>get them to a tournament-usable size
>faq comes out and guts them further than they already were
fuck this shit

That's fair. I figured some point costs or stats would need to be fiddled with. Wouldn't just slap Daemon of Nurgle on Blood letters and call it a day.

Mostly I was interested in doing it to give more mono-god unit variety.

>implying the Ap2 spam Ravenwing can achieve is subpar to shitty Terminators

There is a reason I only bring terminators when I feel bad for my opponent.

Not until they can't make anymore money on the current ones.

No, because they're either there as a reference to missing roman legions, or so people can fill in their own fluff.

All we really know is one was killed for mutations, and even that's vague

To some it could be considered a curse... To them it is a blessing

Are vanilla Space Marines even competitive anymore?

One of the best armies in the game if you use some of their formations.

Take a gladius and cash in dem free transports

Only if you have been paying attention since this edition started. Not to mention the but loads of more support they have via supplements and battle-brothers.

huh? that really exists?

Get 2-3 squads of Melta Dominions and put em in Flamer Immolators. That way you can Scout up to Tough MCs, or outflank if there are holes in their deployment.

Anons who have been hurled across time and space to post from the early 2000s.

There was a period last month, I think, where you were able to submit rules questions for the FAQ.

Apparently this is the only question someone had regarding the Scions codex. As such, I suppose that means it was written clearly, or that no one gave enough of a shit to ask about it.

Where should I pull the points from? The Exorcists seem likely but I feel like they need at least three to be reliable. I'd rather not get rid of scoring units to take a suicide squad.

I know, I meant the codex really exists, because it is rather pointless.

That is what I was saying, they have shit choices too. Of all the supplement armies that could use a codex why the hell did they choose Scions.

hello guys i am a tau player

the other day i was playing against some guy and when i shot at him he told me he was going to take his "cover save". i searched the rulebook and dex and didn't find anything about such a save, is this actually true or did he try to deceive me?

well then what do you put your points into if you play vanilla SM?

I mean, if terminators suck, and marines suck, thats like half their fucking codex...

Was he in cover? Pls have a Lil common sense if you're going to play 40k

(You)

here's your complementary (you)

Hey fuckboys i'm making two banners for an old Venerable Land Raider Crusader that is fighting in the Thirteenth Negroid Crusade and i need two old campaign badges to put on the banners.
What are some that would make chronological sense? The Land Raider is quite old, mind, so one that's relatively recent and one that's very old would be really nice.

Nice try, but Stealthsuits exist

G R A V I T O N

oh come, my post was much more subtle than his-

I mean, I actually had a serious question!

Seriously though, you guys aren't posting lists and I'm trying to get the skinny on whats good since i've been out of it forever.

a (you) for your troubles

Leldar crons and tau are head and shoulder over everyone else
Marines are really good

Rest ranges from usable like Astra or pure trash like Orks

switch crons and marines. Crons are good, but not tournament winners.

Keep the Exorcists, but drop a single BSS and the void shields.
Objective secured won't count for anything if it's a small unit in an AV11 transport that can be wiped out in a single turn of shooting.

was he a necron?

is the joke supposed to be that basically everything in the Tau army has ignores cover? sorry kind of new

okay now your the one who is fucking trolling. I'm not asking for your favorite codecs, i'm asking for details, like whats popular right now, what are people running?

Crons are not over marines. Especially in competitive. Sure they are durable but they aren't very killy and suck at the mission for being so slow.

suitspam tau, eldar (in general), and spess mahrines, possibly necrons and daemons as well
anyone you see playing an army that is not one of these, they are a patrician and should be treated with utmost respect

do some fucking research you baby
we arent going to spoonfeed you everything
unironically, lurk moar

For Astartes people use Super Friends or A Gladius Strike Force which gives free transports and/or drop pod spam.

I think he's trying to do research by asking questions.

I'd give up scatbikes and make wk 500 pts in exchange for 6th Ed Wave Serps ;~;

I will allow it.

I found some that date back like 3000 years, it works

>ask for troop and unit details
>get another "these codecs are good right now"
>approximately 10 seconds after the last one
oh fuck off

You guys seriously aren't posting lists, which makes me think you are either
A) a bunch of babies who only copy top 50 lists
B) a bunch of scrubs who haven't even played the game
C) a bunch of snots who don't post lists cause they somehow think it will give them an advantage

I just want to know what I'm up against, and since most people can't afford top tier lists, i want to get a feel for /tg's competitive meta, but i guess you fags are just too cool.

Here's my dumb Gladius that works enough at my LGS.

>play necrons
>friend is planing a campaign for our warhammer group to play
>says he's banning decurion because it's cheating
>cheating
>mfw

On a scale of 1 to special snowflake, rate my melta and assault-obsessed rhino-rush loyalist Ash Reavers, bred from Imperial Fist and World Eater geneseed