Pathfinder General

Pathfinder General /pfg/

Rape the Maids Edition

Unified /pfg/ link repository:
pastebin.com/5F8RNubX

Old thread:

Other urls found in this thread:

d20pfsrd.com/bestiary/rules-for-monsters/monster-creation
d20pfsrd.com/classes/hybrid-classes/brawler/archetypes/paizo---brawler-archetypes/strangler
paizo.com/paizo/faq/v5748nruor1fm#v5748eaic9qto
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

first for first posting

Only if they're cute boys in dresses

Good feats for a zweihander sentinel?

I'm a bard trying to get my GM to let me use the old Obtain Familiar feat. I wanted to try making a crafting bard(the party thinks it's a comical idea) but the GM is afraid to let me just use the feat and I don't have enough feat slots. Any ideas for me to give him that may get him to let me?

Barbarian/Rogue seems really good actually. Just finished making a hobgoblin character with these classes, one level of urban barbarian gives him +4 STR to make up for the rogues low BAB and once he gets cornugon smash and hurtful he'll attack once for 1d10+12+2d6 intimidate them, get another free attack and do 1d10+12+1d6 and make them sickened. So now they're at low as fuck health with a -4 to saves, attack rolls, etc. Seems really solid.

Why aren't you playing a kitsune Dex/Cha warlord?

>Tactician / Vitalist

>Int/Wis/Cha

You absolute MADman.

>Urban Barb
>not savage technologist

WHY.png

Its not like I'll be fighting anyways.
I'll be the Party's center. Their Rock.

Makin' a cleric/necro. Any advice on stuff to do, pfg?

>Magical Child Vigilante with Companion to the Lonely and Eldritch Scoundrel Rogue with Innocuous Servant caught in the act

Because Azata Aasimars are better.

Illya a Cute.

Wow that's much better, thanks man.

>You will never get to play a Rogue Battle Maid

Planning to put together a Curse of the Crimson Throne game, anything specific I should know about it?

Can anyone explain to me how the Mystic's recovery method works? I basically understand it's one maneuver released per turn mechanic, but I have no idea how Blade Mediation interacts with it.

Also I want to play as a Slyph mystic but it's not +2 WIS.

Offer him a blowjob.

>Companion to the Lonely
>Innocuous Servant
Are these new feats or something?

>Sakuya Izayoi
>Rogue

Objectively Wrong.

Wait a few months for the hardback with updated rules to come out?

Blade Meditation is a trap option and you should pretty much never use it.
What it basically does is eat up your turn to reset your cycle - same as what happens if you had already been granted all maneuvers and ended your turn like that.

Ask him what he's worried about - lay out exactly what you plan to do, potentially agree not to do certain things he's afraid of, or talk over why he's afraid of those - and then remind him that any other class with an in-house familiar would be able to do all the stuff you're doing just as well, and there's nothing in particular about the bard that makes them use the combo better.

So it's only good when you've expended everything?

They're both lewd Vigilante and Rogue talents

what books can they be found in?

Veeky Forums give me your best male undine pictures

No, not even then.
When you've been granted everything you /automatically/ get everything back.
The only situation blade meditation would ever be good is 'oh fuck, the one specific maneuver I just used NEEDS to be used again within two turns and I have literally no other good options, so I need to spend a turn to reset my whole cycle rather than wait three rounds to get it back while doing other useful things'

Ideally this will never happen because as a Mystic you want all your maneuvers to pretty much always be applicable instead of situational.

I need pictures!
Pictures of Battle Maids!

Inner Sea Intrigue, also comes with Captain Orgasmo PrC.

I got a few

Is there anything unique that battle maids can do that existing classes can't?

What would define a good battle maid PrC/class template?

Oh is that slated for release soon? I didn't know thanks, happen to know how many months?

We're definitely getting a huge influx of battle maid characters, aren't we?

I've been making a lot of monsters lately, and tried to keep their powerlevels in line with the guide from here: d20pfsrd.com/bestiary/rules-for-monsters/monster-creation

But I've begun to notice so many existing creatures completely flaunt these guidelines. The average damage of a Young Red Dragon at CR 10 is much, much higher than 45. Should I just not compare my creatures to Paizo creations too much, or should I throw the Monster Stats by CR guideline out the window?

It's in September

can you use a pow strike during an aoo?

CR guidelines are a good baseline, but there's a couple things you should know.

"Boss" monster are valued at about two CR lower than they should be. This includes the majority of dragons.

Paizo's creature designers don't actually -use- these guidelines. They make a creature and then toss what they think might maybe be an appropriate CR on it. It's where we got That Damn Crab from back in 3.5 and Paizo is carrying on the unfortunate tradition.

So, use what it says there as a base, sure. It gives you something to work off of. But never trust it entirely, and make adjustments as necessary for an interesting monster.

>>That Damn Crab

No Dad, no!

Not normally. Certain class features permit it.

Thanks, I appreciate the advice.

Hey Gareth!

Why can an Augmented Blade Soulknife attach his Psycrystal to a weapon, armor or tool, but it doesn't become an intelligent item as a result?

I was kinda hoping for a soulknife with an intelligent soulblade similar to the blackblade magus. As well as being able to operate independently such as by picking locks, crafting or other tasks while the soulknife does other stuff

> TFW my images are on the old PC
> TFW I literally have no face

Fuck.

Anyway, you're asking the wrong guy. I didn't design it. If I had to take a firing-from-the-hip guess, which is my personal and non-official opinion, it'd probably be that the thought never occurred to the author and/or keeping things simple and functional.

May I request if you could ask ErrantX?

Not really, no. Maybe when he actually becomes available but he and his family are /still/ going through Rough Fucking Shit (the pain train has no goddamn breaks) and I'm not going to pester him with this when quite frankly I'm not even sure why you've chosen to ask it for two threads. I'm not sure what you're after out of this and I can only see it ending in frustration and sorrow.

user. You do realize that psicrystals ALREADY do that, right?

Psicrystals have their own actions, the same skill ranks as their owner, their own senses and wills (though controlled, as they're a fragment of the owner), and can fly/grow spider legs/move around/etc independently out to a range of 1 mile (well, 1 mile communication).

Did you even read the rules.

Wow, rude even if the person you're talking to is a moron

Oh, okay. Consider it resolved and forgotten then.

I know psicrystals have their own intelligence score and can move by themselves.

The augmented blade's Psicrystal Augment class feature however doesn't reflect it.

Why do you even want it to be an intelligent item?
So it can overpower your will and make you do what it wants?
Items with Ego can backfire horrifically.

Yes, because their psicrystal is LITERALLY A PSICRYSTAL. They get the Psicrystal Affinity blade skill. It's still a psicrystal when attached to a weapon. It doesn't LOSE any of that.

Eh, its also fun from a roleplaying angle. Also, less likely to happen considering Psicrystals are fragments of your psyche to begin with anyways.

I was asking WHY a psicrsytal-infused weapon doesn't gain sentience or independence considering the psicrystal inhabiting it possess an intelligence score as well as a fly speed.

user. It DOES. It gets the psicrystal. The psicrystal is still attached. It's giving the magic weapon stuff to the weapon, and is also intelligent and has a fly speed.

You're asking for the weapon to get a SECOND intelligence score? How would that work? Why would it be independent? The psicrystal is an extension of you, and remains a psicrystal (and thus intelligent) when attached.

>If the augmented blade is ever separated from her weapon (or an item augmented by her psicrystal), the psicrystal stays with that object(s) as long as the item stays within range of the augmented blade and his telepathic link (one mile) with the psicrystal. At any time, the augmented blade can cause the psicrystal to abandon them item as a free action within that range and command her psicrystal as normal.

Does this sound like an intelligent weapon to you?

Show me the text that says the psicrystal loses the intelligence score and abilities. Abilities only do what they say they do.

Hell, it even SAYS it keeps its telepathic link (otherwise it wouldn't be able to stay in range).

Dude, the psicrystal is fine.
My issue is the psicrystal augment class feature doesn't give much options aside from the usual weapon enhancement bonus.

The psicrystal augment function lets you mix and match and hotswap your mind blade abilities, and pick up off-list things.

It's the most versatile soulknife weapon by FAR, on top of being a smart pet rock.

So you're not complaining about it not being 'an intelligent item', you're complaining about it not having the same sort of abilities as existing intelligent items.

I didn't say it was bad. I just asked why it lacked some things I pointed out.

>you're complaining about it not having the same sort of abilities as existing intelligent items.
Yes, that.

Let's say I want to make a character who throws knives at people. Is Rogue or Monk better for this? What feats should I take?

Sounds like a godawful mess of a suggestion. The way they did it is cleaner and much more fun. Black blades a couple unique abilities, but so does the augmented blade's pet rock (in the blade skills section).

Fighter, actually.

Trained Throw, and feats a-plenty to get all of Startoss Style and Ricochet Toss makes for 'works pretty alright'

Frankly, I don't see the need for you guys to be confrontational about it.

I'm also a fan of DSP and I merely asked a question, and never demanded a change.

Hey PFG, I have a question for you guys on a ruling. Here's the class in question:
d20pfsrd.com/classes/hybrid-classes/brawler/archetypes/paizo---brawler-archetypes/strangler

The level 16 Ability "Neckbreaker" does not list a use per day limit, but does reference that it functions similarly to another class ability that does have a limit. It seems to be on the fence in my group/with my gm if there's a limit to the ability. I'm thinking there isn't, and its reference to the other ability is in reference to the Fort save needed to prevent the effect from going off and just dealing damage instead, as with resisting the knockout effect of knockout blow/sleeper hold.
Would there be a limit? It seems Neckbreaker is class equivalent to Awesome Blow as it replaces it, and scales with its improved version at 20th level as well, and that ability has no uses per day. The knockout ability says it alters Knockout Blow, instead of simply replacing it as well, so wouldn't that mean there's no limit of uses per day?

I'd appreciate some outside opinions, and any rulings you might use/have found. I tried googling it but with little avail.
Thanks, PFG, here's some art!

Because you're a retard. I'm a fan of DSP too. I just think your ideas are dumb and you're dumb. Especially the fact that you kept having to change your complaint.

There's being confrontational, and there's being honest.

Nope, limitless.

Ah, and to prevent confusion, when I said "No uses per day" in the last sentence I was in reference to Neckbreaker, since there's a clear list of uses per day for sleeper hold.

I DID say it was resolved and forgotten. I merely expressed my case to you guys. Not like my opinion had any weight any ways.

Fair.

>Use advanced Weapon Training so my daggers deal Sacred Weapon damage

You're a genius, user.

That too.

Fighters have the best methods to make use of thrown weapons in the largest amount of circumstances.

Ricochet Toss means you don't even have to buy more than one dagger, you can just use the same one for EVERY attack as it bounces back to you like a yoyo.

Thanks! It's what I thought too, but the GM is a bit worried about it being OP when I can just go around snapping endless necks per day, but when I'm blind (10 ft) level 9 with no items other than a jump, climb, and protection +1 ring, and we have a level 10 magus with a bane human +3 luecerne, fireballs and that flies with a constant healing item and regen I'm not certain that "It's too OP" is a valid home ruling to go against RAW.

Thank you, user.

Can't wait to bust this one out at my next game where the DM expects me to play another spellcaster.

I'm also amused at I think it was Ace Disarm.

If memory serves, it lets you use Steal at range, and specifically notes that if you have Ricochet Toss, your knife bounces back to you WITH THE THING YOU STOLE.

Don't forget to get a belt of mighty hurling to make your thrower less MAD

What weapon enchantments are you getting anyways?

The fuck.

That sounds like the kind of thing a mid-high level martial should actually be doing. Like mythology level shit.

(Recall that Greater Steal means they don't even notice you've stolen it from them until they actually check it or go to use it.)

That's a no-go, user.

Trained Throw (Which doubles your weapon training bonus on throws) needs you to be using dex to hit and strength for damage.

Combined with Dueling Gloves, the benefit that Mighty Hurling offers is somewhat outweighed.

Haha that's awesome.

I don't know what weapon enchants I'm gonna go for. Don't even know what would be good, probably just static +5 right?

Hm.

Thinking on it, Learned Duelist wouldn't be a bad archetype for a throw-fighter.

Daggers are Light Blades, so they work. Duelist Stance ups your Weapon Training's damage bonus by 2, as well as giving you some AC. Gloves of Dueling for another +2.

Then doubled by Trained Throw, which ends up with a +10 damage bonus JUST from weapon training at level 5.

You would barely NEED to put strength into this build, your static bonuses are enough on their own.

Learned Duelist also has synergy with Startoss Style, since both use Vital Strike.

Some extra range would probably be nice. Even with all this, daggers still only have a range increment of 10ft

I believe it is safe to say that optimizing Path of War martials are the best combatants in the entire system, outclassing even tier 1s (short of ridiculous Planar Binding or Gate abuse).

However, what can they actually bring to the table outside of combat aside from a moderately high mental ability score? Are they tier 3 solely for their combat abilities?

Because I'm actually playing a Kitsune Dex/Cha Slayer/Unchained Rogue abomination to exploit dex to damage with an elven curveblade.

You can't take Trained Throw or any advanced weapon training because Learned Duelist trades all your Weapon Trainings away.

Also yeah, I probably need increased range.

I think you're underestimating the utility abilities offered by stances and maneuvers. Flight, short-range teleportation, healing, extra senses like scent and darkvision...

They tend to be somewhat lackluster compared to other tier 3s, but they're certainly better than most t4 classes.

PoW is better for that.

Alas, my DM won't allow 3rd party materials.

Nope.

By the retarded ruling which cuts out Brawler from Advanced Weapon Training, Learned Duelist still qualifies due to the wording.

"At 5th level, a Learned duelist must select the light blades group for the weapon training class feature."

"The Learned duelist does not gain weapon training in any other groups as he increases in level."

This means it still counts as Weapon Training, qualifying for the Advanced Weapon Training Feat, and for the bonus to be boosted by gloves of dueling.

Speaking of Steal, I seem to recall something that let you make Sleight of Hand checks in place of Steal, but I can't recall what it was. Any ideas?

>Sophisticate: Half-elves who strive to embody the culture in which they live develop a keen instinct for the ebb and flow of fashions, fads, and political trends. They gain a +2 racial bonus on Knowledge (history) and Knowledge (local) checks and can use those skills untrained even for checks with a DC of 10 or more. This racial trait replaces elven immunities. Source PCS:ISR

Can a full elf take Sophisticate and replace elven immunities?

That probably won't fly with my DM, but I'll try it out. Thanks user.

Would Mutation Warrior be worth looking into? Means I could skimp on Dex or Str and still get the benefit from the Mutagen.

You can skimp on Strength anyway since you're getting like +10 damage minimum from weapon training.

And if he does call you up on it, then point him at this.

paizo.com/paizo/faq/v5748nruor1fm#v5748eaic9qto

Dragoon uses the same 'you need to pick this for your weapon training' language that Learned Duelist does.

"If the archetype's ability requires you to make a specific choice for the standard ability, it counts as that ability."

No

It can SOMETIMES happen if you are heavy on the Elemental Flux.

Mostly with it's anti-magic counters.

Still not common.

How well does Path of War do for a knife thrower?

I kinda want to give an acrobatic, stylish knifemaster a go.

Looking forward to the day when I can filter anime images as well as weeaboo cunts.

filter yourself, preferably from life