Good night sweet princess :(

Good night sweet princess :(

magic.wizards.com/en/articles/archive/magic-story/i-am-avacyn-2016-05-18

A moment of silence, please. For our fallen lady.

>not kiling Jace
Worst girl

She was so close. Goddammit, Sorin, you gloriously dramatic fuck.

Though, if she'd have killed Jace, Tamiyo probably would've died, too.

At least I'll always have my giant plush Avacyn.

I think systematically killing off popular and awesome legendary creatures like Avacyn and the Eldrazi is going to bite Wizards in the ass soon and they deserve it.

I CRY WHEN ANGELS DESERVE TO DIE

dubs confirm that SoI block was designed while R&D was listening to SoaD

Jace just suffers from overexposure. It's not like he's actually done anything this entire storyline.

Jesus this is the most terribly cliche overly-purpe prose I have seen in years. Do you guys actually read this tripe?

Unfortunately this is all we're going to get from them, this whole set has been nothing but cliché and needless tragedy.

Wait angels have bones and shit now?
I thought that they were made of white mana.

They often have a relatively human physiology. They're just made of condensed mana and therefore super tuff.

Sorin must be quite stronk if he threw one though a pillar hard enough to powderize it. I didn't know he was that physically impressive.

>Sorin must be quite stronk
Damn straight. He dislocated Avacyn's shoulder in a wrestling match, and then slammed her through at least one layer of marble floor. He is DAYUM stronk.

Tfw you could do nothing to stop wizards doing this

Not even Wizards can save someone from a bad case of being in the way of a millennia old vampire.

On a scale of 1-10, how STRONK is Sorin?

Good riddance

Fucking go home, Olivia. You've done enough.

You must not read that often. I've seen far worse.

>I didn't know he was that physically impressive.
He is literally an immortal vampire mage who comes from a plane which was basically "all the demons ever" while he was there. Of COURSE he's going to be physically impressive.

Kill yourself, waifufag

And let you win, Nahiri? I think not. I can't wait to watch Sorin kill you next set.

Knowing Wizards they will probably make Jace use telepathy on them so they can understand each other and join the jacetice league.

Please no...

>Elspeth gets killed
>Avacyn gets killed

Why does WOTC hate pure W waifus?

Blame the Nornfags

>Avacyn
>pure W

>Tamiyo only frowned.
>She hiked her robes and squatted on the floor, reaching out with gloved fingertips to sample the ash remains.
>She rose, rubbing the ash between her fingers.
>She rested her hand on a small telescope on her belt, like a warrior touching a reassuring weapon, her eyes fixed on Jace.
>"This will have...consequences," she said.

>Jace nodded. "The people of this world have lost a protector."

>An extended, guttural bass rumble rolled across the sky, profound and booming.
>The sound thudded in Jace's chest and shook dust from the ceiling.

>Tamiyo looked grave. "The plane has lost its protector," she said.

Get ready to razz your berries, then lay a patch.

Pretty damn strong.

One thing that you pick up on if you read the lore articles: the setting recognizes the fact that neowalkers are kind of shit. Every planeswalker we meet that used to be an oldswalker is always orders of magnitude more of a threat than any of the neowalkers.

They are nowhere near as strong as they were pre-mending, but the simple fact that they once wielded godlike power and fought against other such gods means they have experience that is hard to match. Liliana is probably the weakest former-Oldswalker we have seen onscreen since the mending, since she is 'only' 150 years old, and she has the goddamn chain veil that lets her punch well above her weight.

Ob Nixilis slapped the shit out of 3 neowalkers in rapid succession, only being beaten back when four of them teamed up to ruin his shit at once with coordinated attacks that left him no choice but to remain on the defensive until he was finally overwhelmed and forced to retreat.

Sorin barely considers Jace and Tamiyo as more than furniture. He politely offers Avacyn the opportunity to finish murdering the fuck out of them before they have their conversation.

Even Nahiri is an insanely dangerous individual now, and the last time Sorin saw her she was basically just a baby planeswalker.

And so on and so forth.

Its a safe bet that you need the entire Gatewatch to realistically have a chance against a former oldswalker.

8 stronk

despair but also a boner

>"This will have...consequences"
man am i glad that tamiyo is there, no one without a moon degree would've figured that out

It's mainly coming from people who want their weeaboo waifu with the stupid head cones to be the face of blue.
Which will never fucking happen, because Tamiyo sucks.

That isn't really Avacyn, when she's flipped she's so completely different that the only thing that links them is appearance.

Wizards just seems to have a hate boner against white and angels in particular, it's like they have no other way to convey a message of things being bad other than showing angels getting wrecked.

Honestly Innistrad vampires seemed kinda weal. I assumed they didn't get that much physical enhancement.

But apparently no, Sorin is the fucking Hulk when he wants to be.

I'm totally fine with this, by the way.

>Its a safe bet that you need the entire Gatewatch to realistically have a chance against a former oldswalker.

We know this already.

It took all four of them to force Obnoxious into retreat.

He can also amp himself with mana. And thanks to his age, he has a lot of mana bonds to draw on.

The only thing that can save my opinion of Wizards' storytelling chops now is it taking a while for Emrakul to breach the plane, and in the meantime the good guys trick Nahiri into reforming Avacyn with her bullshit leyline stuff.

Or guilting her into it. It'd be nice to see Sorin show some compassion and get her to stop her tantrum.

>We're the driving force behind diversity in tabletop!
>To showcase how we're the driving force behind diversity in tabletop, we're going to make the major hero of our card game the sole heterosexual white man, and give him a *cute* Asian girlfriend!

Honestly we have no idea the of the relative strength of Innistrad humans and vampires. Sorin's just a tank because he was an oldwalker, though he may have some enhancement through being a vampire. We don't know.

You! Stop shitposting!

We've already had one dedicated Magic tumblr thread today, we don't need another.

Fuck no. Tamiyo must remain pure, Liliana's fuccboi doesn't deserve her.

I didn't want to start a debate, I just wanted to highlight how dumb WotC are being with their Justice League of Jace bullshit.

Sorins first set gave him a seven mana sorcery that drains for 10. That gives him enough card-power to kill basically any walker except an Ugin or Nicol Bolas at the height of their power.

Not happening. Lilianna is already Jace's on again/off again girlfriend. Also Tamiyo thinks Jace is a goddamn idiot child that needs to be kept in check, and Jace is unlikely to forgive Tamiyo for being totally willing to let him die and indeed letting AVACYN die all because Tamiyo was unwilling to violate the prime directive.

Tamiyo acts like a nature photographer. Her goal was to understand what was destroying the plane of Innistrad, it was never her intention to interfere and stop it.

Looking at the cards in SOI and the lore it's the usual cliche of average vampire usually beats average human but the best human fighters but up a fight against the best vampires and occasionally beat them (Vampire Noble vs Unruly Mob/Thraben Inspector, Markov Dreadknight vs Odric, Lunarch Marshal). Vampires have been feeding on humans via stealth, not brute strength and if humans were collectively called to arms they'd hunt vampires to extinction. Sorin's overpowered due to being a PW, not because he's an old vampire.

Lili's supposed to be Arabic.

>47334286
archiveofourown.org/works/5438699

Its sort of both. Innistrad vampires get more powerful they order they are, and as a result of being an oldswalker for millennia Sorin is older and more powerful than any vampire could ever normally become.

Sorin, with his PW power and experience, would be an incredibly dangerous foe no matter what. But being a vampire on top of all of that certainly has not hurt him any.

Then choose your words a little more carefully, next time.

>Best Praetors are ded
>Eldrazi got murked by the Super Friends
>Now Avacyn is gone
>Dumb rock slut is going to get away with this
Griselbrand, Ob Nixilis, somebody! Please! Return and save us from this unwholesome faggotry!

Hey, I missed out on the entirety of Kamigawa.
I just don't like Jace or blue because they're Default Protagonist and Wizard's pet color respectively.

PRIME DIRECTIVE

Don't worry. Mishra will return and save this shitty story by becoming the new Father of Machines

Commissar Holt is that you?

Pretty much

>tfw no Koth

>"If I am not the daughter you want..." I say.
>He winces.

Anyone has the edits to Anguished Unmaking?

That line got me hard.

I'm impressed with Nahiri's revenge plan. Not only has she tricked Sorin into killing one of the only things he loves, she's probably going to devastate Innistrad.

>probably
I'm pretty sure after spooky moon there won't BE an Innistrad.

It never ceases to amaze me how badly written Magic fluff tends to be. Can't they get even one person who can write competently? I'm sure WotC makes enough profit from across their various properties that they could afford to add one good writer to the Magic staff, no pun intended.

>>Best Praetors are ded
What
Did we ever get a confirmation that Urabro is ded? Elesh just trashed his place, iirc.
>implying Wizards aren't going for heel-face turn with Urabrask

There's a chance they'll stop it. But if she succeeds then she'll have crashed the plane with no survivors.

>only black PW?
>ded
>only female PW that doesn't depend on magic?
>ded
>Elf Hitler?
>alive

D I V E R S I T Y

I hope Gisela and Bruna fuck everything up in a glorious storm of retribution.

Goodnight, my sweet. You sleep peacefully in my EDH deck and binder.

If she succeeds, I genuinely want Sorin to turn up on Zendikar and wipe out all the survivors. Just planeswalk in, cast Oblivion a few times, and planeswalk out.

Define "competently" and "good writer".

The way to fix MTG, is to just have Sorin get fed up with everything. Either go on to purge all of innis or sequester himself somewhere from eternity...far far away from any future mtg set.
>I hope he takes jace with him

This what you meant?

Nah, they're definitely gonna kill Gisela.

Bruna MIGHT survive, but chances are slim.

They're angels, on Magic's death flag scale it's somewhere between "wanting to settle down in a nice place once it's over" and "showing a family photo to everyone".

Gideon, Nissa and Ugin might intercede while Chandra is on Kaladesh.

>there were people who actually thought that Avacyn would be a planeswalker

Some of these are quite accurate to what
happened.

The rest are
>*unintelligible beatboxing*

What's 1 and what's 10 ya dummy? 10 could be Urza freaking Planeswalker and Sorin would be a solid 6.

You decide.

But since you asked, 1 is Jace and 10 is Jeska.

Thanks, user. Never got a chance to save these before.

Maybe not. It was said that Avacyn was what was driving the other Angels crazy, since she was linked to them. There is a chance that, now that link has been severed, that the other Angels will just sort of wake up and go "Holy shit, what were we doing just now?"

The people of Innistrad will probably never trust them again, though.

Fair enough, will still say, 1 being Oath of Gatewatch and 10 being Urza and Yawgmoth, Sorin is 7 ish.

>powerlevels

What the fuck have you made me done

>Using blood magic, suck Nahiri's spark from her body to where she can't planeswalk from innistrad, leaving her to live with the shit she caused on the ruined plane.
>Send a letter about situational irony to Ob Nixilis
>Planeswalk to zendikar, using the power gained from the stolen spark to create a new angel akin to Avacyn.
>Have her fuck the plane up royally.

Competent, good writing would at a minimum be such that reading it doesn't make me cringe from beginning to end.

>Honestly Innistrad vampires seemed kinda weal
they seem to be stronger and faster than your average catar

No can do. Even ignoring the fact that taking a spark from another planeswalker is something even Oldswalkers only accomplished, like, once? Sorin can't make Angels like that anymore.

Making Avacyn took years of effort and drained Sorin of his magical reserves, leaving him so vulnerable he had to enter hibernation to recover, WHEN HE WAS AN OLDSWALKER. Post-Mending, he doesn't have it in him anymore to create something Avacyn-tier. He can't even create a new Helvault anymore.

The multiverse will not see something like Avacyn again.

That's what I want to happen, but my expectations are so low I think this is gonna happen
>Sorin bites it jobbing to the Eldritch Moon, and Jace frees Nahiri from its evil mind control.
>Nahiri, feeling guilty over being a huge bitch, burns up her spark to create the Hedronvault or some dumb shit, sealing the big bad in it forever.
>Then with his dying breath, Sorin gives Nahiri his spark, saying that 'there must always be a protector of Innistrad' or some even dumber shit.

Top kek

So, Innistrad is fucked?

Based off what happened last time she was gone? Yes. That was also without all the extra crap going on this time, unless they figure some way for her to come back they're going to need to either retcon some of Innistrad or pull something out their asses to explain how the plane continues to exist.

I'm betting that Sorin is going to kill Nahiri but Innistrad itself will be destroyed.

>mere moments later Innistrad is invaded by Phyrexia
>mfw Nahiri doesn't even go 5 minutes without fucking up

Isn't Nahiri doing this of her own free will?

God I hope so. It would be retarded if she was being controlled.

"Hell hath no fury like a woman scorned.'

Looks like Sorin learned this the hard way.

I would actually welcome this.

>...and Innistrad was saved once again. For about ten minutes when Phyrexia showed up and ruined everything.

Innistrad was always fucked. Sorin spent millennia as an oldwalker trying to begin the process of unfucking Innistrad, and he only managed to make it worse. Fixing Innistrad is like trying to clean dirt from the Earth.

Maybe the Jacetice league together with Nahiri, Sorin, Tamiyo and Liliana will create Avacyn 2.0

The damage is done at this point. Creating a new Avacyn would do nothing but be a giant waste of energy nor would it fit into the lore that Avacyn took a solid chunk out of fucking oldwalker Sorin.

Then again, it wouldn't be above them for the power of friendship to do what is canonically impossible.